shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My Leon Upgrade: Emerald Cut with French Cut Sides!!!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Wow, amazing.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's simply stunning!! Congrats!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is seriously one of the most beautiful rings I've ever seen!!! Perfection! :love: :love: :love:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gahhhhhhhhhhh! This is now my favorite EC ring ever. :love: :appl: :love:

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that ring is amazing!!! Congrats on such a beautiful ring! I always wondered what the combo of step cuts and french cuts would look like, and I love it!!!! Please post more photos for us to drool over :bigsmile:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH MY!!!!! It's absolutely incredible!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! it looks incredible! I love the combination of the french cuts with your center stone-and your center stone is amazing!!! truly incredible ring, please feel free to share more pictures!!

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! It's so classy and timeless, yet also modern. Fabulous! :appl:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
"My original e-ring was a 0.66 ct RB, ideal cut G VS2."

That's one hell of an upgrade. Can my hubbie spend some time with your hubbie? :lol:

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning!! :love: :love: :love:

:o Ah-freakin-mazing!!! :love:

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
It's absolutely stunning, love the french cuts too! :love: :love: :love: :wavey:

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
That is SPECTACULAR.

CaratLover2

Shiny_Rock
OMG ... I love it!! Very stylish!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: One of most amazing rings I have ever laid my eyes on! Rock that rock,Girl!!!!!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, absolutely beautiful!

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Just gorgeous!!! Perfect combination of cuts and proportions too. Congratulations!!! =)

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Oooooh I love it!! :love:

Yum. :lickout:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GOODNESS GRACIOUS... pass the French Cut kool-aide!!!!! :love: :love: :love: That is the most stunning ring I've ever seen!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: WOW!!!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
This has got to be one of the most stunning pieces of jewelry I have ever seen!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: Congrats on your anniversary and your gorgeous upgrade. I think the french cuts look perfect with your beautiful emerald cut :love: And I have to agree that there is still just something about a Leon and if I ever upgrade to something other than another solitaire, I would be asking him to make it.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely stunning! As I was looking through the pics, I kept thinking, 'wow! I so very very much want to try that on!' Congratulations on finding an incredibly amazing stone and setting! It's gorgeous! I'm dying for hand shots!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :lickout:

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
OMG this is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!! Seriously, one of my favorite rings on PS - I ADORE it!!

I am in total love with the combination of step cuts and more antique brilliant cuts. For my own ten year upgade, I got an AVC with Leon's tapered French cuts, but my first serious plans for my AVC were to pair it with step cuts (was so happy to see LittleSparkle's ring bc I could live vicariously through her!) I just think it's such a unique and visually interesting combination - without being busy. I LOVE it!! And you phenomenal huge emerald cut with the Frenchies is PERFECT!!!! So unique but classic and stunning.

Also, I love that you are wearing it without a band. I think wearing a single ring - when it's a stand-alone stunner like yours - is such a sophisticated and elegant look. (Of course, I'm biased because since I got my Leon, I do the same - I feel like the beautiful tapered shape of the ring gets completely cluttered and lost if another band is paired with it).

Huge congrats on ten years, and kudos for your patient wait to get what you want. Wear it in good health, and please post a lot more photos!!

RoseRed

Shiny_Rock
I very rarely come out of lurkdom to post but that is an amazing ring. I just love everything about it... Simply beautiful! :love:

mimi72

Shiny_Rock
We've been driving all day, but I've been reading all the posts and dying to reply!!! Thanks again to everyone. I am loving wearing this ring so far. It's so hard to get decent photos but I'll post a few more hand shots.

A special shout-out to Love Street for your post - it's your lovely ring that REALLY got me hooked onto french cuts and wouldn't let go. And the warm colors on yours add that really special extra character...just too amazing. Thanks for inspiring me!!

hand 5.jpg

hand 6.jpg

hand 7.jpg

Flower 4.jpg

princessfeedme

Shiny_Rock
I cannot get enough of your pictures!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Even my SO complimented on your ring, and this is coming from a guy who just :rolleyes: when I show him bling pictures. Thank you for posting the dimensions. I've always heard that with step cuts, inclusions are more easily seen, so is this the case with your spec? I've only tried on VVS1 and VVS2 emerald cuts, so I would love to know if the lower clarity is viable compromise for a larger stone like yours.

P.S. Please keep the great pics coming!

Gabriellehb

Rough_Rock
You lucky lucky girl I could never hope to have such a wonderful ring. I love how it will look at home with either modern or vintage jewellery. My favorite emerald cut diamond ring of all time until now has been Camilla's engagement ring (the Queen Mum's old ring) but now I have met a ring that equals it. If I was offered both rings I would not be able to choose between them.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It is the most beautiful emerald ring I have ever seen. :love: :love: :love:

mimi72

Shiny_Rock
princessfeedme, thanks for asking the question, I did want to comment on the SI1 clarity since we so often hear that with step cuts you "have to" go with VS clarity or better. I respectfully disagree. One has to look VERY closely and up close to see a couple of faint pepper-like specs in this EC stone. It doesn't affect the performance. In fact, I thought it was so clean I was thinking of sending it back to the GIA to get regraded b/c I thought maybe it could be VS2. But when I got it appraised, the "graduate gemologist" appraiser said it's definitely an SI1.

For performance, I think it's far more important to get the proportions right. And maybe color too? I love low colored antique cushions and even RBs, because of the colorful flashes/chunky color, but maybe higher color is better on a step cut? ALTHOUGH I have to immediately take that statement back, because a couple of years ago the JBeG owner who posted here (Erica? Grace?) had a STUNNING L or M color asscher made into a 5 stone by LM. That ring was/is a Pricescope classic (now owned by another lucky PS'er). So I guess I go back to getting an excellent cut.

Bottom line - an SI1 step cut, even a big one, should not be immediately excluded. Like any diamond, you need to see it to know. They can be a great value! :))

today.jpg

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
I can't believe it, it's just TOO beautiful!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results