shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany "Rubedo"

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing! in your pic, they look more whellow than pink, but now I really want to go see it in person!

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Another (not so successful) attempt to show color. Background should be white, but didn't show up as such with my iPhone

Color.jpg

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
<sigh> so I bought even more. I love my earrings so much, that I went back and got the pendant, too.

MoreRubedo.jpg

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Some of the pieces are pretty but no way am I paying Tiffany $$$ for some pink silver. To each their own though.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder if it will tarnish? Does anyone know?

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I wouldn't pay the $8K they want for the big silver and Rubedo necklace. Someone did, though, while I was in the store! I just bought the less expensive "fun" pieces to try it out. I get that it's gimmicky, it's just interesting to me. A new alloy. Something to play with.

As for tarnish, don't know yet. They said to wipe it with a regular soft cloth. I will let you know in a few months/year if it has tarnished at all.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fun pieces Tanzigirl!!! Enjoy them!

I think the colour is very interesting and I also wonder how well it will wear.... I have quite a few silver pieces and they haven't tarnished, which is great. Maybe this won't, as well :))

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
i checked it out a few weeks ago, as i was getting emails EVERY day from tiff's talking about it!

I love the color of it...i really liked one of the rings. I'm olive skin toned and it looked awesome against my skin...until i saw the price tag :o I love T&co, but for the price of the ring i could have bought, new charms for my necklace, some silver earrings and probally a new silver ring haha.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Tanzigrrl|1334794280|3174653 said:
I wouldn't pay the $8K they want for the big silver and Rubedo necklace.

Having had more time to think about it, and to focus on the issues raised, this is where I have to pull the cord and get off the bus.

The prices do not seem to be commensurate with what is basically copper jewelry and this = bad to me, the hyper-marketing, the hyper-pricing, yes, some will go into a purchase eyes wide open. Many will not. These are the people I feel for.

I looked on their site and found this, for example:

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP05640&mcat=148204&cid=622067&search_params=s+5-p+2-c+622067-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

This is marked, "METAL". It's $1,500. :nono:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
But Danny, it "captures the rose luminescence of a sunrise." If that's not worth $1500, I don't know what is! :lol:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
The look AND price of gold now in copper jewelry! :???:

They are so far off base from being the world's best jewelry store since 1837 it's not funny.

Let's review.

Oscar Heyman- strong as ever
Harry Winston- owned by Canadians
Tiffany- Rub-whatever it is

Ok, 1/3 is not too good for America playing in the big leagues. Just saying. :shock:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
justginger|1337089748|3195589 said:
But Danny, it "captures the rose luminescence of a sunrise." If that's not worth $1500, I don't know what is! :lol:

:lol:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I can't believe $1500 for a mainly silver bangle. Rip off. Rip off. Rip off. I wouldn't buy labeled jewelry anyway -- you pay Tiffany $1500 for the privilege of advertising their name on your wrist. Did I say Rip off? :roll:

--- Laurie

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
justginger|1337089748|3195589 said:

Good one! I'm with Danny on this one - :lol: :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results