shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Bookshelves!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I find the chronological organization works beautifully for classics: the authors that influenced each other are together, you can find other books in the same period easily and see how things change. Drives my BF crazy, which is a bonus :naughty:

I had those shelves made by a local carpenter for me. I needed some strange measurements and I wanted them thicker than the commercial ones. The lower shelves are quite long and, if I had used thinner ones, it would have looked like they are about to collapse. It wasn't cheap but not outrageous either. Then, I hung them up myself for extra fun.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
rubybeth|1332454948|3154621 said:
My photos are crap since they're from my Droid, but I also organize by color and find it really easy to find things. And, I am a librarian with librarian friends and it kind of horrifies them that my books aren't arranged in proper order, but I wouldn't have it any other way--I am not a very organized librarian. :cheeky:

I have the same bookshelf as you. At least the one downstairs. It's half filled with books, and the other half with knick knacks and or wicker baskets.

My upstairs bonus room has a couple more shelves, also with books plus knick-knacks......totally untidy. I don't think I'll be posting pictures of them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results