shape
carat
color
clarity

Another OEC Show and Tell

kefira

Shiny_Rock
A year and a half ago, my husband and I had a quickie wedding (not for the reason you are thinking!). We had been together about 6 years and semi-impulsively eloped one day. We didn't have rings, and we were fine with that at the time. At our one year anniversary, my husband decided that he wanted us to have rings, and so he began taking me ring shopping. I knew I wanted an old diamond, preferably a complete antique/vintage ring. After a couple of months, I found a ring I love, and decided I wanted to wear it as my wedding band (see terrible picture in my avatar). Because of the shape, I knew I'd have to wear my ering separate, on my right hand.

A few more months, and I found a ring that really interested me, on ebay. I was nervous, since the vendor photos were kind of terrible, but it turned out that I really love the stone and the setting. I then realized I could size my ering to my right hand, and then switch it my left hand during the warmer months, while my hands are bigger. I found a second wedding band to wear along side my ering - a more traditional shaped vintage french cut eternity band.

I had asked my husband to propose to me - despite it not really being strictly necessary, and yesterday he presented me with a very thoughtful proposal and my beautiful ring!

My new bauble is an art deco platinum setting with a 1.52ct I vs1 center stone, ring is sized to a 5. I had the prongs sturdied up, and the milgrain retraced when it was sized. Although my pictures really don't show its beauty, it has somewhat of a snoflakey pattern and a "poofy" crown, as I like to call it. :)) GIA report calls it a RB rather than a European, but I'm ok with that since it means I get all the angles on the report. It's a very fiery little pebble, and I'm sorry my pictures are so pathetic. I will try with something other than my phone camera soon. Whenever I try to take a picture, the black phone is reflected under the table, even though the stone is bright in real life - so frustrating! Bonus picture is of my eternity band, which will be sized down in the near future. I'm wearing it as a thumb ring for now. :bigsmile:

IMG_20120304_085637.jpg

IMG_20120304_085755.jpg

IMG_20120302_073510.jpg

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful stone and setting! Thanks for sharing. Eloping seems like a great way to go. More money to spend on bling :bigsmile: .z

liz

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg, how gorgeous is that!?! I adore it - beautiful faceting on the stone and the setting is to die for! What an amazing find! And the band is stunning! I love your rings, congrats and wear them in health and happiness!

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
What a BEAUTIFUL diamond!!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous set Kefira! love the ring and your band is beautiful! How nice you took the time to find the right one :appl: That is so sweet that he proposed again. So touching :praise:

Great idea to have the flexibility of rings that can move hand to hand depending on the weather - CLEVER!!

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock
I love the diamond, and the setting is beautiful, too. Congratulations on your (post-wedding) engagement :appl:

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on everything! LOVE the faceting on that diamond!! And I am a french cut fanatic. Just love them. Where in the world did you find an eternity french cut ring in a size 5? (I am the same size :wink2: ) Will you wear them together? Would love to see finger shots, if so!

kefira

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, everyone, for your kind words! I will try to post some better pictures soon, so I can feel worthy of them. I need to re-read the picture-taking advice thread.

And, vinjewels, I totally understand the french cut obsession! They are so unique and pretty. They sparkle like chunky cut glitter with lots of fire, and I enjoy them so much. The ring I purchased is a size 7.5, but my jeweler has a laser welder (or whatever it's called), and says he can size it down. I will definitely post some pics of the set when it's all done. 8) And, extra cool, I will have some spare stones in case I ever need a repair. I found this band through Google, but it was on maybe page 13 or 14 of my results. I just wouldn't give up! It came from an antiques vendor in NY.

OldAndMine

Rough_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl:

I have been on the lookout for this show and tell :appl:

Looooove your French Cut eternity too :love:

I am secretly scheming for one :devil: :cheeky:

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Both rings are super pretty!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful set!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love both of your rings!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow! That is gorgeous!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love your story and both of your gorgeous rings! We need handshots when you get that band sized! :love:

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous rings!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:
Hand shots please!!! TIA.

fridays_child

Shiny_Rock
What a sweet story! Your rings are beautiful, congrats!

kefira

Shiny_Rock
Re: Another OEC Show and Tell - New (Better?) Pics

You are all so lovely - thank you!

I tried to get my camera working, but I think it has gone to its grave. So, more phone pics it is. I took several, so it they will probably span a few posts. I tried to use different lighting sources, because I love when people post those pictures. :))

Obligatory flower shot, though a bit overexposed:

Incandescent bulbs:

A crazy capture that happened when the flash went off. The snowflake-arrows looked supercool, so I included it even though it's not really a great picture:

Adding more pictures next post...

flowerring.jpg

incandescent.jpg

flashsnowflake.jpg

kefira

Shiny_Rock
Pictures continued...

Fluorescent bulbs, where it looks the worst, IMO:

A closeup in fluorescent light. Very white, but not much else happening:

This morning's sunrise, through the blinds:

A profile shot, also in diffused sunlight:

Last couple coming up...

fluorescent.jpg

fluorclose.jpg

sunrise.jpg

profile.jpg

kefira

Shiny_Rock
Continued...

Long fluorescent tubes in the garage. Really different from the compact fluorescents in my office:

\
Finally, a close up that made me feel like I was solving a mystery. You can actually see my individual fingers holding my phone, reflected on the left side! And the camera lens is clearly reflected in another facet near the bottom. Proof that those ugly black blobs are merely reflections of my phone. :halo: I was excited to see some culet reflections in there, too!

garagefire.jpg

csizoom.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great pics Kefira! Thanks for posting more!!! :appl:

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
Both of them are gorgeous! Lovely facets on the OEC and the frenchies are to die for :love: :love: :love:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very beautiful OEC and I love the setting!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful hand shots!!! Looks so perfect on you - such a gorgeous setting! (and I'm jealous of your lovely hands! :mrgreen: )

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
SO beautiful, one of my favorite rings by far! :appl: Love all of your rings! So which ring do you wear with the French cut band? Can you post hand shots of the band with your e-ring? Thanks for sharing!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had to come back and stalk this thread! I really appreciate the beauty of this setting. It is a gorgeous ring and looks so nice on you. Love this ring!

(and I know others have said it, but it is not just "another OEC show and tell"... this is YOUR OEC and it is beautiful! )

kefira

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, everyone! I know I'm being silly, but you are all so sweet you are making me bashful! :oops: :)

I promise to post more frenchy shots once the band is sized and has had a good cleaning. I hope to have it done in the next few weeks. The jeweler is an hour away, and I can only go on the weekend to drop it off. Then I probably won't get it back for a week. But, soon!

Ara Ann, my plan is to wear it along with the ering part of the year, or maybe all of the year, but switching them to my left hand only when it's warm out. Leave it to me to come up with a confusing system!

OldAndMine

Rough_Rock
Ooooooooh well done Kefira..... :appl: :appl: :appl:

I love how the setting tapered out from stone when you see it from the front. Looooove the facets....! I love the sunlit look best :love:

Can't wait see hand shot of your Frenchies! I did not know eternity rings can be re-sized...!! (Very good to know!)

kefira

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, OldAndMine! I'm still hoping you will post more pictures of your amazing ring (hint, hint). And, if you find an eternity ring that needs sizing, take it to a jeweler with a laser welder. It may still depend - on what I don't know, but I know they need to see it to decide. It's worth looking into during the return period, for sure (that's what I did). If you find a contender, go for it!

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Very beautiful!! Thanks for sharing your story and pictures. =)

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
So pretty! Love all the pics, nice variety to show off the gorgeous stone (and hands)!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results