carat
color
clarity

Doctors "firing" patients refusing to vaccinate their kids

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Re: Doctors "firing" patients refusing to vaccinate their ki

Oh you silly Canucks -- and what does all this seriousness get you? Besides higher life expectancy, lower infant mortality and lower per capita spending on health care? :lol:

We 'mericans don't like having our freedom to get disease stomped on!

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Doctors "firing" patients refusing to vaccinate their ki

chemgirl|1331039374|3141730 said:
allycat0303|1330977144|3141228 said:
Mrs. Taylor,

As Asu wrote the word "Province" in her post, she most definitely does not live in the United States.

In the province of Ontario (CANADA) it is required by LAW.
http://www.health.gov.on.ca/english/public/pub/immun/immunization.html

Although Asu may not be from Ontario, there are provinces in Canada that do require vaccination, unless an valid exemption is provided. From experience the ONLY exception which is accepted is severe and proven allergy to vaccines.

Exactly, I don't know if they still do it this way, but I have a yellow card that served as proof of vaccination. It had to be included in the application package whenever I changed schools. The only kid I knew who didn't get vaccinated had a severe allergy to eggs. He had to have special forms of certain vaccines and couldn't get all of them. Otherwise there were no exceptions.

I had to submit the card before starting an internship at a hospital while a student. Also had to do a TB test etc. That type of thing is taken very seriously here.

We are the same here for the Alberta Health Region, if you don't comply you can't work on the unit. However, our entire medical staff refused the H1N1 vaccine and were granted approval, though not without fight.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results