shape
carat
color
clarity

are you the favored child of the family?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Growing up , yes I was. I hated the injustice of it. I loved my brother more than my parents did. He was 6 when I was born, and got tossed to the side when he was 10. :(

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
I'm the eldest of three kids. My mum used to joke that she always had a favourite, but it was a different kid each day (and sometime it depended on the hour!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

In reality, my parents were incredibly fair and even in our treatment. We were lucky, and I'm desperately thankful for my siblings now that I'm old enough to need their help dealing with our parents...

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm the only child, so I suppose so! ;-)

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Echidna|1330668694|3138972 said:
I'm the eldest of three kids. My mum used to joke that she always had a favourite, but it was a different kid each day (and sometime it depended on the hour!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Echidna, my parents did the same thing! We still joke about it, but the reality is that my parents love my sisters and I pretty darn equally. I think that fostered a very positive sibling relationship. As adults we are very close and all live in the same city, which is about 1000 miles away from where we grew up and where my parents still live. We definitely all have our strengths and weaknesses, but my parents did a great job making sure each of us felt special.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Definitely. Also the only one. :bigsmile:

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
mscushion|1330680997|3139037 said:
Definitely. Also the only one. :bigsmile:

And was I spoiled? In some ways, sure. But I sure also worked hard all my life to deserve the affection and attention showered on me.

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
ladypirate|1330669756|3138981 said:
Echidna|1330668694|3138972 said:

Echidna, my parents did the same thing! We still joke about it, but the reality is that my parents love my sisters and I pretty darn equally. I think that fostered a very positive sibling relationship. As adults we are very close and all live in the same city, which is about 1000 miles away from where we grew up and where my parents still live. We definitely all have our strengths and weaknesses, but my parents did a great job making sure each of us felt special.

I agree, LP. We all had quite different strengths too, but all were appreciated. It's so nice to be close to siblings once you've grown up! My brother lives in NYC now though- we miss him!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Nope. Mum favours my brother and my dad my sister.

Doesnt mean they don't love me, it does mean they didn't spoil me either. I completely flew under the radar.

I'm more successful academically, professionally, financially and personally than my siblings.

Make of that what you will!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm the oldest but I've always thought my sister was the favorite. It's okay. I've gotten over it. :bigsmile:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, all my siblings say I am the favoured child, but I beg to differ. I think my younger brother (and the youngest child in the family) was/ is.

I've always worked very hard (well, at least until the last couple of years :wink2: ) and am most successful / achieved the most academically, professionally and financially. But two of my siblings are much more intelligent than I am. I have an IQ of 142 and I'd bet that theirs are waaaaayyyy higher than mine. They may also be more content than I am personally. They have beautiful, smart/ intelligent kids and I don't have any!! ::)

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
Well, yes and no. I'm the independent, resourceful, ambitious one. The one my parents know they don't have to worry about. My sister is a little more spoiled - they will pay for things for her (travel, etc.) that they never would for me. So, in a way, each of us would say that the other is the favored one. In reality, though, my parents did a pretty good job of treating and loving us equally.

At my grandmother's funeral in December, I got the impression from my aunt that I am seen as the most accomplished and successful cousin. My younger cousins are just coming in to their own, though, and they're doing some cool things, so I don't think I'll keep that status for much longer. :))

In my husband's family, my SIL is definitely the favored one, spoiled beyond belief. It's a testament to her good character and essential niceness that she's not insufferable. My husband, though, is the favored of the two sons because my in-laws know they can always depend on him. If they need to live with a child in their old age, for example, it will be with us, no question. My BIL is a bit of a screw-up.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Growing up I was not the favorite child. I am now though because I am the least demanding and least needy. As for being a spoiled brat even my mother tells my DH he spoils me rotten. I think I was rather spoiled and sheltered growing up too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results