carat
color
clarity

Winter Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it Friday yet? :bigsmile:

Work was hectic today. I refrained from snacking or eating chocolate though. We went to supper with some friends. I had 1/2 of a french dip and a few homemade potato chips.

Marty is heading to LA next week. His hotel is on the ocean I sure am debating going with him. Sounds like a great time. I hate to take vacation though while he is working. That makes it just weird.

My glasses broke AGAIN after getting them fixed this morning That is 3 times on the nose pads. I called and asked for the manager of the optical shop. He did not know what had happened so far but I guess I can pick out another frame if I want. I will wait and see what the new pair does when I get it in. I told him if the nose pad comes off one time I will want something new. I told Marty it was karma from the favorite jewelry store because it is jealous I bought glasses from Tiffany & Co. LOL.

Deegee, have you been shopping yet for your birthday / anniversary present yet?

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I'd soooo go to LA with Marty if I was you. Matt always comes with me to conferences and vacations during the day when I'm in class, and then we go do something fun in the evenings. We stay a few extra days so that I can get a vacation in too. Our trip to CA was one of my favorite. We stayed in Huntington Beach, went to Disneyland, drove around on the Pacific Coast Highway, went out on the Malibu Pier, went to LA and Hollywood, Laguna Beach, and even went south to San Diego. Loved it! We packed a lot in those extra days we stayed. That's a bummer about your glasses. I hope the new ones hold up better! The Vera Wang glasses I bought 2 years ago have been really sturdy but I'm always having to tighten something or screw something back on the pair I bought last year (Thalia), and I think the frames were actually more expensive. I keep the Vera Wang pair in my purse since they're more durable and wear the Thalia pair only at home. I would never have guessed that wind would make a person more achy, but we've had stong winds lately and I have definitely been having a harder time. And no, I haven't made my mind up about my present. Long ago for our 5th anniversary, Matt wanted me to pick something out. It took me so long that right around our 6th anniversary, Matt picked out a 5th anniversary present for me. He did good...it was a 1 ct, 5-stone HOF band. I have no problems making decisions at work, but when it comes to buying something for myself it takes forever!

Yesterday was a lousy day in our little community. A 16 yr old kid walking home from school got killed by a train less than 1/2 mile from my house. On my way home from work I saw the red tarp hiding his body (the tracks are right beside the road) and papers from his backpack strewn everywhere and I have been disturbed ever since. Unfortunately the accident was witnessed by at least 3 busloads of middle school kids and other high school kids walking home. He was pretty much directly across from the school. Absolutely horrible. I can't get my mind off of it, and I feel so sad for his friends and family. I'm going to have a chat with my nieces and nephews about wearing headphones, listening to loud music and not paying attention while walking. Matt and I stopped for dinner on the way home tonight. I had a bowl of tomato soup and a side salad. We split a pineapple cream cheese cupcake for dessert, and I'm giving serious thought to going to bed really early. Have a good day tomorrow.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I am so sorry to hear about that boy getting killed by a train. How sad for him, his family and friends. How awful it was witnessed by many young people too. That is terrible, I am sure it was hard to see for you as well. I know when I walk with my iPad I only use one ear piece so I can still hear. Sorry to hear you get more achy too. My sinuses and knees are talking to me tonight; we are getting 7 to 12 inches of snow starting tomorrow afternoon. Your side trip in LA sounds like a great time. I am sure Marty will be going back so maybe I'll plan better next time. I know I'd have a blast and have a new camera to try too. If I have to get new frames I will look at the Vera Wang. I know they had them, Ray Ban, Bebe, Coach and assorted others. I showed up to work about 10 minutes early and told my boss I was there on time because I was wearing my old glasses.

Work was busy today. I worked on paperwork and some documents for expectations and proficiencies of my team today. Our annual appraisals should come out soon so I want to have those things ready for them if they question any of their ratings. One of them is going to be a difficult situation which starts tomorrow. I am going to lunch tomorrow with a friend and then we have a team meeting at 1 so tomorrow will go by really fast.

I picked up fast food tacos on the way home tonight. We had some slow churned ice cream for dessert. I ran back out about 7 to get gas since snow is moving in tomorrow. Since today is the 1st of the month plus snow is coming King's Soopers gas station was really busy but I got 20 cents off per gallon so it was worth the wait.

i am leaving a roast in the crock pot tomorrow.

Well, take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. A big storm is starting right now. We are getting about 10 inches with wind. Fun. I might have to cry and whine to get Marty to take me to work tomorrow. I will see what it looks like.

I left a roast and veggies cooking in the crock pot. I made potatoes and gravy when i got home.

Tomorrow is Friday!

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Satuday! It is still snowy and cold so we are being couch potatoes today. I have homemade soup almost ready for lunch. We are going to have movie /popcorn night later today. I have laundry almost done. Yippee!

Have a great weekend.
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Deegee--what you came across would have bothered me to no end...I almost didn't read through your post. Prayers to the family.

I had some minor surgery 3 weeks ago and have been laying low--went to the relaxation yoga session on Thur, felt good to finally be able to do SOMETHING!

Superbowl Sunday--means silly food, but I'll eat it anyway. Not much for Pizza Hut, etc, but hey I can handle it once a year!

cheers--Sharon :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, sending you speedy recovery wishes. Glad you were able to get in some yoga. Take care.

Deegee, did our snow storm move your way? I guess we have more snow coming in tonight / tomorrow but not as much as last week.

I am really tired today. Something woke me up about 2:30 (probably ice falling in the ice maker) that really startled me. I jumped up, my heart was pounding like crazy from it so I had a hard time falling back to sleep. I actually didn't feel well anyway and thought of calling in sick but I was down 2 people today so I went to work anyway. I had a few periods of being really tired but made it through the day. I had leftover soup for lunch. Tonight we took a friend and her two children to supper. I told them kids they could pick so we went to Olive Garden. I had spaghetti and meatballs. I ate about 1/4 of it and we'll have the rest for lunch tomorrow. I only had one breadstick and one glass of wine. Hopefully I can sleep tonight without getting woke up.

Later,
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Marcy--your husband travels to China a lot--correct? Did you ever send him on shopping expiditions? I feel silly in asking this but my DH will likley be going and I have something specific in mind and wonderered if it would be a better value there...or should I just get it here? (24K gold necklace)

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, my husband went to Hong Kong a lot. Fine jewelry over there is not any cheaper. They have the markets where you can bargain for prices but of course it is not things like gold. He got me some wonderful pieces of pearl jewelry but they are silver. There are expensive jewelry stores as well but he didn't think the prices were good and of course you can't dicker on the prices there. They had the 60th anniversary Snoopy on display there at one of those stores loaded with diamonds, rubies and sapphires and he got to see that. All of the high end watch makers have their own stores. He had a lot of fun adventures there shopping and eating and would love to go back there. I hope your husband has ice trip. I can't wait to see your 24k necklace no matter where you get it.

Speaking of Marty's trips he is off to sunny California for a few days. He has an ocean view hotel. I wish I was going.

We didn't get much snow last night but it sure got cold today.

I had leftover spaghetti for lunch. My replacement glasses came in so I left work a little early to pick them up. I got us some burgers on the way home. I had a junior cheeseburger and some of Marty's fries. I wasn't up for cooking and dishes tonight. :bigsmile:

I slept all night last night so I sure felt better today. Yippee.

Take care
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I hope you had a nice day. I made it to the store tonight. I am glad to see strawberries are getting better. I love those things. I was out of food for lunch so I had Subway for lunch. Tonight I was hungry for pizza so I bought a frozen one and baked it for supper. I have lunch leftovers now. I think I will see if my folks want to go have supper with me tomorrow night. Marty will be home Friday.

Work was long today. At least I am down to 2 days left. Woo hoo.

Well, I have some craft projects to do tonight.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello!

Sharon-I hope your recovery is coming along nicely. I hate taking it easy for too long. My doctor got really mad at me once because he took me off work for a week and I ended up overdoing it around the house and was in worse shape than before. I got a lecture.

Marcy-Marty is in CA? Lucky guy. We haven't had your nasty weather yet. It has been freakishly warm the last few weeks, but we do have a cold spell moving in for the weekend. It snowed a little today but it didn't stick because the ground has been too warm. I hope your new glasses stay together!

We had left over pork roast turned into pork barbecue for dinner tonight. I have done really well this week with food, and I have been drinking more water and less soda...Diet Dew to be specific. I haven't had one in almost 3 weeks, which is unheard of for me. Walking has been spotty depending on whether it is raining or not. I have been extremely achy the last few weeks and my hands have been bothering me quite a bit, so I have been reading rather than posting in the evenings. We had a freaky incident happen on the interstate on the way to work yesterday that has left me unable to turn my head. A deer jumped over the median wall and landed on the car directly in front of us. There was a lot of braking and swerving to avoid the car and flying deer parts (yuck), but my Acura came out without a scratch...just in need of a run through the car wash. The lady's poor Mercedes was another story but she was okay. Matt had switched lanes to let her pass and then had just switched back behind her when it happened. Have I ever said that the weirdest things happen to me? Almost on a weekly basis too. My chiropractor told the intern that once, right in front of me too. I'd like a calm, uneventful week. Just once. Good suggestion Marcy...I think I will have a glass of wine before bed. Have a good day tomorrow.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, how scary about the deer. That is good news you guys didn't get in an accident because of it. I am glad the lady in the Mercedes was okay. I hate to hear you were anywhere near an accident. Is your neck hurt from whiplash? I hope it gets better. Sorry to hear you are still so achy. We sure have had a mild winter compared to usual. It was 7 this morning when I left for work but it was 39 when I got in my car to come home. We never had the subzero temperatures this year in December or January. Yes, Marty is enjoying CA. The forecast is for a high of 71 tomorrow. Lucky guy. What are you reading? I got the new Vince Flynn book yesterday and started it.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! One more day then it's the weekend. Yippee! :appl: And Marty will be home tomorrow. Life is good.

I had a piece of leftover pizza for lunch and met my folks at a Mexican restaurant for supper. I had 2 tacos. The best thing I had today was my strawberries for breakfast.

I stayed up till about 11:30 last night reading. I have to get some Valentines out tonight so I'd best get those done before I start reading.

Deegee, did you get the Coach online sale? I have 2 bags in my shopping cart. I think Marty wanted to get some something for Valentine's Day. I might email him pictures tonight so he can pick because I worry they will be gone tomorrow when he gets home. Are you buying anything?

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. Happy Friday. Marty got home about 2 today. My boss sent me home about 2:30. He thought I looked sick. I don't feel great but I didn't think I looked that bad. I have had a sinus headache all week, runny nose, sore throat and am tired so I did admit I wasn't feeling good. So he said go home. He didn't have to tell me twice. I stopped and picked up some groceries then got home early.

We had baked potatoes, veggies and little steaks for supper. It was good. We had a glass of pino greigo with supper.

I will try to sleep in tomorrow and maybe stayed home. We are expecting about 6 inches of snow. Ugh. The forecast looks cold and snowy for at least a week. The mild lat few months are gone. Darn it. We can always use the moisture though.

Have a great weekend.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello!

Marcy-I hope you feel better today. Most of my staff was out Thursday & Friday. One person came both days but really should have stayed home. So Marty came home from sunny CA to snow and bad weather. Matt's trip this month got cancelled and neither of us are too sad about it. I didn't buy anything from the online sale this time. I had a purse in my cart but I never checked out! Did you get something?

I'm so glad the weekend is here. This morning we took the kittens to the vet for their last shots and then went to Panera Bread for lunch. It was packed! I guess soup on a cold, snowy day was appealing to a lot of people. I took a long nap on the couch by the fire when we got home. We ordered pizza and salad for dinner because we didn't want to go back out in the cold. When I have a flare up, I'm supposed to take 800 to 1000 mg of ibuprofen every 6 hours to help with swelling. I have actually remembered to take it mostly every 6 hours for the past few days so I'm starting to feel a little relief. My fingers are moving a little better anyway. I thought about walking tonight, but it is 10 outside already. Cold hurts...fire feels good. Have a great evening!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I am glad the ibuprofen is helping. Cold can certainly make your aches and pains flare up. Good idea to stay home by the fire. We are about the same temperatures here - it's 9 degrees now with freezing snow. Fun. My dad is going to the mountains with some of his friends tomorrow; I hope the roads are okay for them. That is great Matt's trip got cancelled for this month. I did not buy anything. I put 4 on the shopping cart to show Marty in case he wanted to buy any of them for me for Valentine's Day. He looked but that was it. When I checked our checking account though I noticed a charge to the Coach Outlet store on the day he went to the airport so I guess he already got me something from there. :appl: :appl: :appl: Of course when we were looking at what I put in the cart last night I am making all these comments about how I like outside pockets so you know what he got me won't have them. LOL. I guess I'll see on Tuesday.

We got about 6 to 8 inches of snow with this storm. I made rolls, strawberries and yogurt for breakfast. Weird combination but it sounded good. Marty wanted to make some curry chicken and rice for lunch so I had this microwave cheeseburger to try. It was very gross. I toasted an English muffin to replace the bun, added ketchup and pickles and made it taste somewhat better. I promised my dad more sour cream sugar cookies so I made some heart shaped cookies this afternoon and took my parents over half of them. We naturally tried a hot one. Marty cooked us grilled cheese for supper. That reminds me I should go get the dishes done.

We both spent most of our day reading. I finished the new Vince Flynn book. Rats. Now I need something else. My iPad was down to 10"% power so I had to go plug it in.

My mom wasn't feeling well when I was over there so I will call and see how she is feeling now. She is just not doing well so I really worry about her.

Stay warm!
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday. We slept in until about 8. I made Marty bacon and eggs, me canadian bacon and both of us wheat toast and hash browns. For lunch I made individual lasagna rolls. I saw it on the Food Network - you put your filling in the center of each noodle, roll it up and pour sauce on top. They turned out pretty good. I should have boiled all the noodles though because some of them tore. It went pretty quick that way. I made us some bread sticks too and we both have quite a bit left for lunch this week.

I did laundry. Marty had quite a bit from his trip. We stayed home again today because it's still cold and snowy out there. Silly winter.

I hope all of you had a great weekend. :wavey:

Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello! Today I faithfully tracked everything I ate. I have to get back in the habit or I'm going to gain a bunch of weight. We had grilled pork chops, noodles and veggies for dinner. After cleaning up, we took our walk. We only walked 2 miles, and I hope to build back up to 3-4 miles soon. i did really well with tracking last week too, but ended up having 3 pieces of carrot cake from 3 different restaurants over the weekend. I think I went over a little on points last week, but not by much. I just have to reign in the snacking on handfulls of peanuts, cheese balls, etc.

Marcy-how is your mom doing? I read all evening on Saturday. A coworker loaned me a book about search and rescue dogs. It made me want to quit my job and work with animals even more. I started the frst book in the Hunger Games trilogy, but fell asleep after only a few pages. My friends who have read them told me you can't put them down once you start, so I'll try again on a night I'm not so tired.

I have a 7:30 am dental appointment tomorrow, so I'm off to bed. Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Valentine's Day! :wavey:

Deegee, yay for tracking everything you ate. I need to do that!!! That's great you got in a nice walk. I hope your dental appointment went well. My mom is feeling better but still pretty tired. She has a really hard time bouncing back from anything these days. My dad was hoping she felt well enough to go to lunch today. I hope so.

Hi everyone! Marty cooked supper for me today. We had tenderloins cooked on the grill and assorted veggies toasted under the broiler. Marty picked up some red zin for his. He drank most of the bottle - he was funny. Marty got me a new Coach bag and billfold for Valentine's Day. Sweet.

Marty should get his new desks tomorrow. I sure hope they fit in our spare bedroom. :bigsmile:

Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Howdy. Today was a short day for me at work. I left early because of a sinus headache. I felt like my eyes were crossing! I came home and slept on the couch by the fire with 2 kitties on me and a dog on my feet. I can't move without being followed everywhere, which is dangerous on the steps considering how klutzy I am. I made hamburgers on the thin sandwich rounds and french fries for dinner. It's raining, so no walk. I have done really well with tracking food this week and have walked 2 out of 3 days, so that's not too bad.

Marcy-your Vday dinner sounds terrific. I hope you like the purse and billfold Marty bought for you. We don't usually do anything on Vday. This year we had a 7:30 am dental appointment to start off the day. Our dentist lost his wife at the end November after a very long, 9 yr battle with cancer. She was only 51, and she worked with him as a hygenist until this past summer. He absolutely doted on her. When he found out that we don't do anything for Vday, he told Matt to take me out for a nice breakfast before work, so that's what we did. I broke a tooth a few weeks ago so I have to have a crown, and Matt has to have 4 fillings and a root canal. Poor guy! He eats too much candy and drinks too much Pepsi.

Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, how sad about your dentist losing his wife. That was very sweet of him to suggest Matt take you to breakfast for Valentines day. I do like my new purse. Lots of great pockets and mt iPad fits in it. I hope you are feeling better. Your supper sounds good. That is nice you got in some walks.

We met some friends for supper. I had half of a sandwich and a few fries. Marty and I spilt a small chocolate chip cookie. Marty got his new desk and return today. It makes the room smaller but he has more desk space. He is in there now running cords and wires. I think he might have to move printers around and get rid of that little stand we got for the printers.

Tomorrow is closer to a 3 day weekend. Sweet.

Later. :wavey:
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good evening. I stayed home from work today. I guess I have a bug of some kind. We get a daily attendance list at work via email and I noticed today that there were quite a few people out. I pretty much slept all day. Matt didn't get home tonight until after 7. I'm glad I stayed home today because I certainly wouldn't have made it that long. I made pizza for dinner, but didn't have my usual veggies for my veggie side, so I had Canadian bacon and banana peppers, and Matt's had pepperoni and green peppers. We went to TCBY for hand dipped yogurt for dessert since I hasn't eaten much today. It tasted really good.

Marcy-any time I pick out a new purse, I have to make sure it will fit my ipad! I'm glad you like your new bag. I have been trying to get Matt to pick out new office furniture for years. His desk just doesn't have enough usable flat space. I believe he keeps every scrap of paper he has ever come across, and it is all stacked on the desk. He has actually put up a folding card table for his monitors and some other things. The study is the first room you see when you walk in the door, so it looks just lovely...all junked up with papers, extra monitors on the floor, printers that no longer work, keyboards, etc. I seldom go in there because I don't want to trip on a cord. Is your mom feeling any better?

Have a great Friday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! Does everyone have a long weekend? We get Monday off.

I went to lunch with a friend at work today. She'll be leaving our company in about 2 weeks. I will miss her. She is the lady that I went TV shopping off Craig's list with a few months ago. Tonight we went out with friends, played some cards and had a drink. It's been a "social" week for us.

Deegee, I hope you get better soon. Your pizza sounds good and TCBY yogurt sounds delicious. Marty said he really like his desks today. He felt like he was more at work than before and had a lot more space. He ordered it from eOffice online. The desk is 30" deep and the return is about 30". The hutch he got is huge. His desk is deep enough he can type and also write in a notebook without moving anything. Of course he's tall with long arms, I'd probably have to move my notebook and pull the keyboard forward.

Have a great evening.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All right. My long weekend is beginning 2 hours early. Sweet.

Marty is working on a big project though some am being quiet. Ssh. :bigsmile:

I am going to make tacos for supper. I have no idea what we are doing this weekend. Hopefully it is not work.

Have a great weekend. :wavey:

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. Marty worked all day somi didn't do much. I had an eye appointment at 8:30. Came home only to have to run back and get Marty's contacts that were there to pick up. Then I went to the bank, battery store and to kohls to get a birthday present. I went to a surprise birthday party for a friend of mind today. We used to work together a long time ago. We are still good friends but I know less and less of her friends and family. I stayed about 2 hours then picked up supper for us on the way home.

I am watching a video on demand movie now and I hope it's better than the starting music - it is Midnight in Paris.

We ate starting to plan a trip to California later this year. I am so excited. I best start saving my cash now.

Later
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Marty worked most of the day so I did our laundry and watched movies. I rented Ides of March. It was pretty good. We had toast, eggs, potatoes and eggs for breakfast. Lunch was leftovers and supper was pasta.

I was going to clean but I hated to be running the vacuum while Marty was working.

Marty has a doctor appointment tomorrow. I hope he doesn't have to work some more. Hopefully this big project takes off though then he won't mind.

Our forecast is for snow and wind for the next week. Rats.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-ooohhhh...a trip to CA. Exciting! I've been to southern CA twice for work, and the second time Matt came with me and we stayed an extra week and had a blast. The conference I usually go to is in Lake Tahoe this year, but I think I'm going to be stuck working on the computer project and won't be able to go. Bummer. I hope you have a good day off tomorrow. We stopped by the Coach outlet yesterday, and it was so packed that we left. I was not about to wait in that check out line. I guess there was a President's Day sale going on, although the prices didn't look that great on the few things I did look at.

We were supposed to wake up this morning to 11-13 inches of snow (we haven't had more than a dusting all winter). We had planned to have a relaxing snow day at home. When I let Lily out at 8 this morning, the sun was shining, the birds were chirping, and there wasn't even a snow flurry. The whole storm went south of us. We decided to have our snow day anyway, and hung around the house in our jammies all day. We read, we watched movies, we ate chili and grilled cheese and pretended that we were snowed in. We thought about going out for dessert but decided it wasn't worth getting dressed and leaving the house. I'm off tomorrow but Matt is planning to go to work. I should get some things done around the house, but I'll probably head to the mall instead. Have a great day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.

Deegee, glad to hear the snow didn't show up as predicted. That is a lot of snow. I know how full our Coach store gets during a big sale. It is crazy. Some bargains are not worth the effort. I like to try and get there when they open and then it's not too bad. I am glad you guys had a lazy Sunday anyway. I am very excited about our visit to California. We will fly to San Francisco and stay in the Monterey / Carmel area.

We stayed home most of the weekend so we went to breakfast and lunch today. Marty took me to the grocery store and we went blue ray shopping this afternoon. I didn't eat much of my breakfast. I am avoiding a lot of eggs because they are chicken, their bacon was really fatty and not done well, the hash browns were stuck together but my wheat toast was great. Marty loves that place for a spicy breakfast burrito. Next time I think I'll try their french toast. Marty had a follow up appointment for his ear surgery which went well. We had lunch afterwards. I had half of a hamburger and fresh fruit.

Weather is nasty here today. We still have about 6 to 8 inches of snow on the ground with wind gusts to 45mph so it is very cold and icy out there. I want to wear my fleece robe to work tomorrow.

Take care
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Work was busy today. We had some last minute changes come up that we had to make. That took an hour to get accomplished.

I had strawberries and cheerios for breakfast. A ww muffin for mid morning snack. Lunch was a lean cuisine, a small rice Krispy treat. Supper was veggies, baked potato and some London broil.

Marty had a busy day here at home. He cooked supper for us though so I only had to do dishes. Sweet.

Take care
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results