shape
carat
color
clarity

Kate Middleton & Liz Hurley move over-now this is a sapphire

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
Re: Kate Middleton & Liz Hurley move over-now this is a sapp

This is all really interesting! I didn't know half the info above. (I'm not a jeweler, just an enthusiastic consumer!)

I honestly think my internal sapphire settings are stuck on the dark navy button. I'm currently wearing a dark navy sapphire eternity ring, and I did wonder why it was quite inexpensive, ha ha!

I also didn't know that tanzanite was so fragile.

I do have a sapphire necklace that has a center stone of about 0.70, and it is not dark, but neither is it light. It's a really beautiful mid-blue with violet tones. If I wasn't so tired from working till about 3am last night, I would post a pic. Maybe tomorrow. Also, I have a square sapphire surrounded by diamonds from my grandmother, and although the sapphire isn't large, (I think about 0.90) I do get a lot of compliments about it. Again, it's not the dark navy, but it's a little darker than my pendant. I lent it to my mother for her world cruise, so I won't be getting it back for quite a few months! I look forward to photographing it for PS when I do!

It's a pity the Diana stone isn't great quality. Then again, I think it's a little large, cumbersome and old-fashioned for a young girl-about-town. Also, Kate often wears olive/brown/green hues so a huge blue stone doesn't go so well with her color palette, in my opinion. Diana looked fab in blues and pinks, and that stone really suited her, with her sapphire eyes. I wonder if Kate really does like it, or if her heart desires some fabulous platinum and diamond combo! Think of what she could have had, diamond-wise....oh my...

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock

LD - your ring is.....just amazing. Absolutely beautiful. What's its story? Was it for an occasion such as a birthday, or did you just treat yourself? :naughty:

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock

Well, there's no time like the present. Here is the pendant sapphire I was just talking about above: To me, this is a great hue - a French navy, almost.

GEDC0379.JPG

GEDC0380.JPG

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock

Princess Cath - your ring is gorgeous too! What a beautiful blue.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!!!!

2222211111.png

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock

Neck shots:

GEDC0413.JPG

GEDC0410.JPG