shape
carat
color
clarity

Help!!! I saw a fantastic ring somewhere in here...

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've NEVER seen this one before! How lovely! Brilliant find!

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Okaaay...now back to the engagement stone hunt :)

Have you been in contact with Gene yet? You said the cinnamon spinel you liked had gone, can you tell us where you saw them? Perhaps the vendor has more rough or indeed stones that haven't been posted.

In any case can you post a picture that will give us an idea of what colour cinnamon we are looking for and an idea of budget? PSers are remarkably resouceful :) Here's two versions of cinnamon I found neither of which are spinel or sapphire by the way - I'm simply trying to establish colour.

cinn-tourm.jpg

Screen shot 2012-01-13 at 8.17.16 AM.png

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
The Adzia is lovely Athenaworth...good find!

adzia-leaves.jpg

Uragem

Rough_Rock
Thanks to everyone! This turned out to be so much fun and when a post pops up in my email it's a lovely distraction from work and kids! Sorry it took so long to get back here...BF says he's starting to seriously worry about me and a possible obsessive-compulsive disorder. To myself I say, "and your point would be?" :tongue: But in the interest of keeping the ring search alive :!: thought I'd wait til he went out!

So glad you all loved the ring as I did! High praise considering some of the beauties I've seen in your postings!

Now, on to the stone search... I haven't done anything yet because I don't have the cash in hand. I'd like to keep it under $500 which I think is a decent budget based on the prices I've seen on Gene's website. I'm really torn. I love the idea of the green sapphire, but I must admit, I want some flash. I want the largest beautiful stone I can have that won't be a bother or look obnoxious! I'm definitely having trouble trying to decide on the size. I keep looking at mm on a ruler and 10 mm just looks rather small. Does anyone have handshots of various sizes without halos that are larger than 7 mm?

Also, as much as I love that setting, I'm a bit concerned about the height. I'm afraid it might be a nuisance :nono: in everyday life. LD, your ring is so similar, does the setting get in your way? On the other hand, my job is more mental than hands on, so it probably wouldnt be an issue. For now let's keep the setting I chose because I can't take my eyes off it, unless LD says otherwise. I bow to your wisdom... :saint:

The more I look at the fiery and sparkly stones, the further away I get from the sapphire! I definitely want a warm color. Some of the color change garnets I've seen that are a beautiful brown and turn to orangey pink are awesome. I love the autumnal colors, the vibrant oranges are probably my favorite followed closely by a mossy green. I'll find some pics of the ones that rock me and post them so you'll have an idea. Also if I'm going to wear it everyday, a more muted color may be advisable? :confused: I guess I need to narrow down the variety. What I probably want is a pad, but that's just not going to happen. Not with the color I want! I picked sapphire because of the durability. Then I was leaning towards spinel because it has so much flash and pop. But I find that the stones I go back to over and over are the spessartites and the color change garnets, which are supposedly more durable than some others in the garnet family. I should have warned you that I sometimes have trouble making decisions... :loopy:

So, suggestions for how to best accomplish the goal of big and blingy, artful and exquisite, durable and enduring, in one ring! I know it can be done, I just don't know that I have the $$$ for it.

Clearly I've finally found a group of people that share my affinity for natures pretties and I'm destined for a collection. BF and I are planning a move to Savannah, GA in about 3 years and Ive been thinking its about time for a mid-life occupation change...it would be wonderful to work with gems! BTW, I'm having such fun with these emoties in case you hadn't noticed! Pictures to follow.

Uragem

Rough_Rock
Oh my, that Adzia is beautiful! Sorry, I was trying to get my thoughts down while he was gone so I wrote before I checked the URL...

Uragem

Rough_Rock
I can't seem to get these all in one post, so please bear with me...

Green: the stone in the Adzia setting above is perfect. Also:

greensapphire.jpg tourmaline_gb_826.jpg sapphire_montana_236.jpg

Uragem

Rough_Rock
Orange:

2spessartite_221.jpg spess.jpg

Yellow:

yellowsapphire.jpg 2sapphire_montana_238.jpg

Uragem

Rough_Rock

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Uragem, you crack me up! :appl: You must pick a ring that YOU can see yourself loving and wearing everyday. Never go with something because others say so. Here are some thoughts for you-

1. What colour clothes do you wear alot (blacks, strong colours, pastels etc)?
2. Think about how you would feel if you got a colour that may stand out - for example the orange Spess you posted above - would you wear that everyday? Would you feel self-conscious wearing it? Would it "go" with your everyday clothes?

Some of my rings I wear less often because they are little too "blingy" for everyday wear and I find that I wear the stronger colours far less often because they draw attention. On nights out however, I'm happy to bling myself up to the hilt! :bigsmile:

Uragem

Rough_Rock
I haven't forgotten you! My fiance had a heart attack (he's doing very well) and that just turned things upside down for a bit. In the meantime I spoke with Hunt Country and had started things rolling, when I came across "the one ring" on JBEG! It is "my precious" and I've put it on layaway. Will hopefully speak with Gene this week and choose a stone.

My%20beautiful%20ring.jpg

My%20antique%20ring_0.jpg

My%20ring.jpg

My%20ring%20top.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like you are pretty much set on a round stone since you've purchased the setting. What size stone is it meant for? This is going to seriously limit your options but I see that you plan to contact Gene.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results