shape
carat
color
clarity

Poofy or slim fitting dress?

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
I did not think my wedding style would include a poofy dress, but I am finding it does! I thought I'd be more likely to wear something sheath and slim-fitting and not making a huge spectacle of myself. After trying on this dress I think most everything I was looking at before seems super boring for my wedding day! Maybe since I have never imagined myself in a big white gown before now, I didn't realize that I would get sucked in by the awesomeness of giant poof! Is there a chance I will regret not going with my first instinct? Or now that I'm in love is there no turning back? :naughty:

morilee4816aa121.jpg

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Are you planning on dancing at your reception? This sort of dress seems difficult to wear if you want to be very active. It's a beautiful dress, that's for sure!

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
I do plan to dance in it. The dress is surprisingly very light and bouncy. I'm pretty sure if it were heavy that I wouldn't have liked it. It is made of organza. I would have to bustle the short train after the ceremony.

I guess I could have a back up dress in case I felt the need to change :twirl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you love it and it makes your heart sing... then you have your dress. :love: Styles change & people change, so no matter which you choose, later down the line, you'll look back and have *some* thoughts either way about the one you pick. "I should have gone poofy/slim" ---and when your kids look at it --- they will laugh no matter what, too! :lol: :lol: "mom - you wore THAT?!?!" Its inevitable! :D

Not to rain on your parade, but life is too short to regret decisions. Pick the one that makes you the happiest - who cares what others think? You picked the man that makes you happy - same deal with the dress! :bigsmile:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
If you love it on you then I think you have found your dress! I certainly hadn't pictured the exact gown that I chose but when I tried it on I knew it was my dress :)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope, I don't think you will regret it. It sounds to me like you've found your dress... so enjoy!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
It was the same for me, I also imagined myself in a sheath and ended up in a ball gown that I loved. Definitely go with the dress that makes your heart sing when you try it on. If everything else looks boring to you in comparison, definitely go with the big dress.

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
mscushion|1325685449|3094775 said:
It was the same for me, I also imagined myself in a sheath and ended up in a ball gown that I loved. Definitely go with the dress that makes your heart sing when you try it on. If everything else looks boring to you in comparison, definitely go with the big dress.

It definitely makes my heart sing! :love: Glad to hear that others have had similar experiences. I'm so excited to order it this weekend! :D

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yippee! :appl: Congratulations on finding your second "the ONE" - fiance being the first!! :D

I love that expression - "make your heart sing". I use it all the time when I'm making a decision on something. People think its stupid when they hear me say it for the first time, but they "get it" when they have that experience of *YUP - that's my choice!* :lol: Glad you are "singing"!!! :lol:

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha, I had the same thought as you originally, plus I didn't want a strapless gown, AND I wasn't going to wear a veil. Um somehow I ended up with a light pink strapless ballgown with a matching light pink veil! (The Aurora by Amsale, it's pretty, I swear! :cheeky: ) I definitely didn't regret it for a second! (Plus it was kind of fun to surprise all my friends and family by wearing something that is so out of my normal style zone.)

The dress you posted is stunning-sounds like you've found the one!

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
Enerchi|1325717547|3095229 said:
Yippee! :appl: Congratulations on finding your second "the ONE" - fiance being the first!! :D

I love that expression - "make your heart sing". I use it all the time when I'm making a decision on something. People think its stupid when they hear me say it for the first time, but they "get it" when they have that experience of *YUP - that's my choice!* :lol: Glad you are "singing"!!! :lol:

Haha! Thanks! I feel that way about my fiance, my house, my ring, my car and now my dress. I guess when you know, you know. Woo hoo! :D

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
thing2of2|1325724565|3095327 said:
Ha, I had the same thought as you originally, plus I didn't want a strapless gown, AND I wasn't going to wear a veil. Um somehow I ended up with a light pink strapless ballgown with a matching light pink veil! (The Aurora by Amsale, it's pretty, I swear! :cheeky: ) I definitely didn't regret it for a second! (Plus it was kind of fun to surprise all my friends and family by wearing something that is so out of my normal style zone.)

The dress you posted is stunning-sounds like you've found the one!

Thank you! I also had no intention of getting a strapless ballroom dress either, but after learning that I actually can get a strapless dress that stays up, then I figured, hey why not?! I have not waivered on the veil. I'm certain I will not wear one! :bigsmile: I think I may go with some sort of hair piece, but I haven't found it yet.

Before trying on dresses I had mentioned to people that I would be wearing something more modest...boy are they going to be surprised! :lol:

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock
I am having a similar experience dress shopping, so I say GO FOR IT!!!! And then come back and post a pic of yourself in the dress ;))

Gorgeous dress, btw. Who makes it?

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
It's Mori Lee 4816. I ORDERED IT THIS WEEKEND!! :love:

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
It's gorgeous! I had a long journey to find my dress and I will say that I ended up in something totally opposite than I thought. It's amazing once you start trying on styles. . . you can totally change your mind! I can't wait to see pics of you in it. :)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1325638578|3094463 said:
Nope, I don't think you will regret it. It sounds to me like you've found your dress... so enjoy!

agreed. Get it!

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
hoofbeats95|1326377753|3101144 said:
It's gorgeous! I had a long journey to find my dress and I will say that I ended up in something totally opposite than I thought. It's amazing once you start trying on styles. . . you can totally change your mind! I can't wait to see pics of you in it. :)

Thanks! It should be delivered in May!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results