shape
carat
color
clarity

Fedex international tracking- shipment exception??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jennalyns

Shiny_Rock
Hello! My ring is done, and it''s been sent to me (in Japan) from whiteflash! for reference, I had a ring that I wanted to change the center stone, and I got the stone from whiteflash. no one here would set it for me so i sent the ring to them to set, and they did and put the old diamond in a pendant they custom-made for me. i have pictures that they sent me that i can''t figure out how to upload, but they turned out really nice.
30.gif
i''m obviously excited and checking the fedex website every two seconds, and right now the tracking info says "shipment exception" and "Regulatory agency clearance delay," it''s at Narita airport at the moment... what do those status codes mean? will there be a problem with customs? I had the diamond shipped to me for inspection about 3 weeks ago, and last week I got a bill for about $20 for import tax, and that was only on about a $600 stone... is it more difficult for a higher-value package to clear customs?? this one is more expensive since it has both my diamonds, the ring, and the pendant in it. i''m really nervous about this, especially since fedex is taking longer with this package than they did with the diamond... someone please reassure me about the shipping status!!!!
23.gif
unfortunately i can''t call even fedex since it''s 11 pm here on saturday, and they''re closed till monday.... and i don''t think i can wait till then to find out why it''s delayed!!!
14.gif
thanks!

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
From my experience, there's usually a day or two "customs" delay on packages sent to Japan. That's probably what the "shipment exception" and "Regulatory agency clearance delay" terms are referring to.

Fedex is very efficient on international shipments. Don't worry.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Jennalyns,

When it clears (and it will clear), you should check to make sure that you aren’t paying tax twice on the same stone. If you imported it once and then sent it back to Whiteflash to be set into a ring, you are not required to pay tax again on that portion of the ring. Hang onto the paperwork from your first transaction so that you can show it to the customs agent if needed.
Neil Beaty
Independent Appraisals in Denver

jennalyns

Shiny_Rock
Rich and Neil, thanks for your quick replies! so basically they just take awhile, and it''s not a problem? that''s a relief! I have the original paperwork for the diamond so i''ll show that to the fedex people if I need to. also, the ring was purchased several months ago in the states, it was only sent back for the setting, so I wouldn''t have to pay import tax on that since it''s not new merchandise, right? We have the original receipt for that too. thanks again for your reassurances!

jennalyns

Shiny_Rock
my package got here yesterday, on time and everything was great, no problems with customs, just me being paranoid. :) :) my ring is awesome, i''ll have to post a picture when i get time to take some. although, in the pictures it will probably look the same as it did before, since I have trouble taking good ones without too much blur... i can''t believe how gorgeous the A cut abve diamond is, it sparkles so much!!! i was under stage lights for winter performances the past two days, it took everything in me not to keep staring and be blinded by the fire coming off of my diamond in that light.
30.gif
the pendant turned out gorgeous too, really cool design. thanks again!!!
1.gif

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s great, glad to hear that things turned out so well.

Perry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results