shape
carat
color
clarity

SINGLE prong VS SHARED prong eternity band

sirbenson

Shiny_Rock
I am getting BGD to make me an eternity band to go with my e-ring and w-band (plain).

I thought I had decided on a single prong style but another PSer brought up the issue of single prong vs shared prong eternity bands in another of my threads and now I'm not sure. I thought I didn't like the shared prong eternity bands bc it was too much metal from the top view. I thought that the single prong looked just like a small metal bead between the stones and was less metal from the top.

BUT now that I've hunted down some pics of shared prong eternity bands....I'm not sure what to do. Advice?

Keep in mind that this will have to be a very low profile eternity band to match my low profile Grace set from BGD. Also, kep in mind that my Grace rings are 2.5mm wide so I want the eternity band to "match" that width so I'll be limited to smaller pointers in the eternity band (which I'm fine with bc I plan to wear all the three rings at once so having a skinny eternity band is ok by me).

I know its personal preferance but what are people's opinions on shared prong vs single prong eternity bands.

The only things I come up with are:

Shared: the stones sit closer together bc the prongs are at the upper ends of the stones
Single: the stones are farther apart bc the single prong sits right smack dab in the middle of the stones

Really, when I look at the ring from the top I want to see mainly BLING and not metal.

Advice?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote shared prong :))

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the single prong gives more of a modern look. I like both but for a wedding band I would vote shared prong. It just
seems more classic to me and its less to worry about if you plan on wearing it a lot.

You probably also need to keep in mind that you might need a seperater band between your eternity ring and your engagement
ring or it could eat up the metal.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would vote for the shared prong.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd go shared if it was something you intended on wearing every day. It may not be the case, but in my mind, the shared prong appears to be a safer option vs the single prong which makes me worry about a bump... and then a hole! ;( ;(

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shared. Too much of a gap between stones with single prong.

sirbenson

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1327541799|3111834 said:
Shared. Too much of a gap between stones with single prong.

I think this is the bottom line! And you are the one who made me seriously consider shared prong instead of single prong :) So thanks :appl: I have looked up a few threads with shared prong eternity rings and I DO love them! I'm going to look into this more. I initially thought that shared prong meant too much metal and you see two "dots" between the stones instead of one "dot". But now I'm realizing that with the single prong the "dot" is actually bigger and the stones are farther apart, which actually could mean LESS bling.

Since my Grace rings are only 2.5mm wide, I'll be limited by the size of stones that I can use in the eternity bc I want the eternity band to also be 2.5 mm wide. So while I won't get to use large stones like 8-10 pointers, I'm okay with smaller stones that match my Grace width and maybe I'll end up with MORE stones?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results