shape
carat
color
clarity

Ritani (shared prong) eternity band hand pics from side?

sirbenson

Shiny_Rock
Hello,

I am going to have BGD make me an eternity band to go with my Grace e-ring and w-band. Just sent off my rings today for them to take measurements---squeeeee!!!

The only eternity band I REALLY like is the Ritani eternity band seen here:

http://www.ritani.com/eternity_bands/item/848/in_category/16

What I love is how from the top, you see very little metal, just a "dot" or bead between the stones. I like that you see mostly bling :)

What I'm curious about is what it looks like on the hand from the side. Do any PSers have this ring? Can you post side view pics? SHould I even be worried about the side view looking too 'metallic' since from the top I'll see so much bling?

Also, I'm just a bit confused about the single prong/shared prong terminology. In the Ritani description, it says "shared prong". However on this listing for the same ring (or what seems to be) on the Solomon Bros. website,

http://www.solomonbrothers.com/Jewelry.aspx?query=single+prong+eternity+band&c=y1

it says "single prong" eternity band (for example items 93025, 90115, 93025-2). Lastly, with all the Solomon Bros Ritani rings...aren't they all the same style? Is the the ct weight/price different based on the sizes of stones used in the band?

Thanks!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is basically the same style setting that Memoire uses. I will tell you that if BG is going to make you an eternity ring, they will need to get an ultra-low setting for it in order to wear it with the Grace rings. Memoire rings are set very low, but many, many shared prong rings out there are not in super low settings and the eternity ring ends up taller off the finger. Not only does that not look so great, it can cause huge problems when the band is worn next to the e-ring because the diamonds in the band can scratch the e-ring prongs.

I prefer shared prong over single prong, personally. You can see both styles on the Memoire site and see that the stones are set low.

http://memoire.com/catalog/collections.aspx

In the Ritani picture, it almost looks like the one standing up is shared prong and the one laying down is single prong. The diamonds are closer together in a shared prong and look spaced farther apart with single prong. I prefer shared prong, personally.

sirbenson

Shiny_Rock
I talked to Brian and he said he'll have to take measurements but he thinks he can make a shared prong eternity ring to sit well with my Grace set. The low profile of my Grace set is the problem. Now you have me a bit worried...do you think its possible to have such a low profile eternity band? Would I have to consider pave/micropave instead maybe? Gosh, I really hope not bc I love the look of the Ritani band. And also I love m Grace set so I couldn't bear to have to change my e-ring setting just so I could wear an eternty band with it. Aw shucks, now I'm worried...I'm very adamant that the eternity band be custom made ONLY if its height be match the height of my Grace set AND as long as the eternity ring will NOT damage my Grace set.

I never knew about the Memoire site beofre so thanks for pointing it out!

Just to make sure...were you talking about, say, this one:

http://memoire.com/catalog/collections.aspx?products=1753

vs:

http://memoire.com/catalog/collections.aspx?products=2175

?

Shoot, I thought I was set on single prong but now I'm not sure. Dang!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I tried on that ritani a few years ago and it was much more beautiful in person than in pictures. That particular design is a single prong and ritani sells it with different sizes stones. If you look close at the ritani there is slightly more metal around the stones because it is made to be worn with an e-ring and the girdles are not exposed where they would cause damage to a neighboring ring. I honestly would probably not go custom with something like that and you might be better off just having Brian make you a very low set shared prong eternity. I also prefer a shard prong over a single prong and you will have lots of sparkle. No need to get a pave band unless you want one. Some gals also just get tiny 1mm spacers to wear between the rings which is another possibility.

sirbenson

Shiny_Rock
mrssalvo|1327463246|3111113 said:
I tried on that ritani a few years ago and it was much more beautiful in person than in pictures. That particular design is a single prong and ritani sells it with different sizes stones. If you look close at the ritani there is slightly more metal around the stones because it is made to be worn with an e-ring and the girdles are not exposed where they would cause damage to a neighboring ring. I honestly would probably not go custom with something like that and you might be better off just having Brian make you a very low set shared prong eternity. I also prefer a shard prong over a single prong and you will have lots of sparkle. No need to get a pave band unless you want one. Some gals also just get tiny 1mm spacers to wear between the rings which is another possibility.

Thanks for the advice!

I have tried the Ritani on with my Grace and it IS gorgeous. Just that it sits too high, otherwise I'd get it.

I'm not sure what you mean by telling me not to go custom but to get BGD to make me a very lot set shared prong eternity--aren't those both custom routes? Sorry, if this is a dumb question :oops: I just want to make sure I know what you mean since you may have an idea that I haven't thought of :)

I guess with modelling it after the Ritani I know that I love the look. If he makes me a shared prong band without me seeing it, I'm just scared that I won't know what it will look like on my finger, alongside my Grace set ahead of time.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just meant not to go custom if you were going to try and have Brian make an copy of the single prong ritani. I do think he is good choice for a custom shared prong band to match up with your e-ring. Sorry, I wasn't clear..

Do you have a Tiffany's near you? You can try on a shared prong ring there. More than likely the jeweler that carries the ritani has a shared prong band too that you could try.

sirbenson

Shiny_Rock
mrssalvo|1327463787|3111116 said:
I just meant not to go custom if you were going to try and have Brian make an copy of the single prong ritani. I do think he is good choice for a custom shared prong band to match up with your e-ring. Sorry, I wasn't clear..

Do you have a Tiffany's near you? You can try on a shared prong ring there. More than likely the jeweler that carries the ritani has a shared prong band too that you could try.

I can visit a Tifany's . Or the jeweller that sells Ritani. They'd definately have a shared prong eternity band. Though I don't remember them having anything similar to the Ritani.

Crap, now I just realized that I was set on the Ritani but if I have a change of heart, I've already sent in my rings so I can't try on different types of eternity bands WITH my Grace set. Uh-oh. How do I redeem myself? Just go to a jewllery and try on a solitaire that's similar to my Grace and then try on some eternity bands?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, if the Ritani was too high, then that won't solve anything either! I think you should locate a Memoire dealer. If you read how Memoire is made (http://memoire.com/index.aspx?par=metal#), it would make me concerned to have one custom made. It is problematic that you don't have your rings now. If you happen to wear a 6.5 ring, then look on ebay because there are a couple of half single prong Memoire rings on there. But I absolutely would go try on some Memoire rings with single and shared prongs to determine what you like and see if any of them are low enough. Because I doubt this style can be made lower than theirs.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't think you necessarily need your e-ring since you are just checking to make sure you like the style of a shared prong ring as much as the single prong. Of course you can always just ask to try on a solitaire at Tiffany's about the same size as you. I was just there a couple of weeks ago and tried on rings and they were more than happy to just let me play. Since Brian will have your ring you can have him make sure the setting is made super low. Mi do agree with DS that Memoire really does make the lowest band and are some of the best bands available. They are more expensive though but might be worth at least getting a quote. Pearlman's is a pricescopers vendor and carries the line so you could always email them. And Memoire does make a single prong version and has a lifetime replacement policy if you would lose a stone.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I think I own the band to which you are referring. Here's my ring thread.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-10-year-anniversary-upgrade.67813/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-10-year-anniversary-upgrade.67813/[/URL]

I have the single prong in the middle version and I believe it's just a tad over 1.00 carat. My ering sits rather high so it does eat at my prongs a little. I could get a spacer but I just plan on resetting it someday.

Besides that, I absolutely adore it because it's so well made, super sparkly and it looks like it's all diamonds.

I have also heard good things about the memoire band. There seems to be a little more space between the diamonds but that could just be the pics. I've never seen it in person and would still suggest them due to the happy results here on this forum.

sirbenson

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1327464705|3111130 said:
Well, if the Ritani was too high, then that won't solve anything either! I think you should locate a Memoire dealer. If you read how Memoire is made (http://memoire.com/index.aspx?par=metal#), it would make me concerned to have one custom made. It is problematic that you don't have your rings now. If you happen to wear a 6.5 ring, then look on ebay because there are a couple of half single prong Memoire rings on there. But I absolutely would go try on some Memoire rings with single and shared prongs to determine what you like and see if any of them are low enough. Because I doubt this style can be made lower than theirs.

Darn, no Memoire dealers near me. Hardly any in Canada it seems :(

I wear a 5.5 so ebay option is no good.

Crap, crap, crap. Now that I sent my rings in and to have an eternity band made I'm second guessing myself?? :-o

Options:

-Have BGD make an eternity band to match my Grace profile
-Locate a Memoire band to try on (no dealers near me so no dice there)
??

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results