shape
carat
color
clarity

"Just Barely" Pregnant PS''ers

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Oh Lizzy, just had to jump in because these pictures make me so happy! That's one cute little bean, and you're looking great mama!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Re: Re:

monkeyprincess|1327341606|3109689 said:
Oh Lizzy, just had to jump in because these pictures make me so happy! That's one cute little bean, and you're looking great mama!

Ditto!
Congrats! :appl: :appl: :appl:

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Hi ladies, thanks so much for all of the positive support & thoughts. I decided to continue the progesterone until my appointment on Wednesday. I figure the worst it can do is delay the inevitable & if it's possible it could give this pregnancy a better shot, it's worth it. I'm trying not to think too much about things & just trying to get through each day until my appointment.
I am trying to prepare for the worst, though, so I know what to expect.

Lizzy, I love seeing your little bean!! :appl: S/he looks great (and so do you, mama!) So thrilled for you!!

Kunzite, thanks for the thoughts. I'm hoping it's a false alarm too, but an not especially convinced.

stepcutgirl, do you know why your doc asked you to discontinue the metformin? How far along are you now? I guess that's true about the placenta taking over hormone production, but I can understand your being nervous to discontinue the met.

I'm glad your hair is getting thicker. I heard the 3rd trimester is awesome for hair, so maybe even better things are to come. (I have those temple bald spots too. :(sad )

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Lizzy, great pics!

Bright, REALLY hoping you get some good news on Wednesday. Is it Wednesday yet?

AFM, I go in tomorrow for my 2nd OB appointment. I'll be 11 weeks even. Really excited about hearing the hb. I know I'm pregnant, but I hate this stage, where all I have to go on is faith. And morning sickness. Also doesn't help that between weeks 9 and 10 my "bump" got smaller...darn bloat!

VERY excited that the 2nd trimester is near. Apparently there are 3 ways to measure trimesters- by fetal milestones (since development is complete by 12 weeks, and after that is just growth...or something like that...), by dividing 40w by 3 (so each tri is 13w3d), and, ummmm, can't remember the last one...but it made the first trimester longer than 13w3d, so I don't like it.

I've only had to take one zofran for each of the past few days, and haven't taken one at all today. Does anyone else have night sickness? I can be fine all day, but get a lot of nausea in the evenings. Reverse morning sickness?

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Woo Lizzy you look great and so does that bean! So happy things are progressing smoothly. Are you feeling good?? Also dumb question, aren't you in the 2nd tri starting at 13w0d? I've been using pregnology.com, which could be wrong, but I want to know when I'm going to enter the 2nd tri too!!!

Amc, wishing you luck at your second appt. have you thought of getting a Doppler? It has provided me with a lot of reassurance on days when I just feel crazy. And yes! I have rever morning sickness often! I get home and cannot eat! (except fruit roll ups. Lol)

Afm, 10w5d. NT scan in 10 days. Constantly starving, especially at 4 am. Lol. No bump yet, just tight clothes. Very eager to announce the news. We are thinking once the NT scan is over, and if all goes well, we will share at that point. Im very nervous to tell at work. Any tips?

amc80

Ideal_Rock

megumic|1327361093|3109948 said:
Woo Lizzy you look great and so does that bean! So happy things are progressing smoothly. Are you feeling good?? Also dumb question, aren't you in the 2nd tri starting at 13w0d? I've been using pregnology.com, which could be wrong, but I want to know when I'm going to enter the 2nd tri too!!!

Amc, wishing you luck at your second appt. have you thought of getting a Doppler? It has provided me with a lot of reassurance on days when I just feel crazy. And yes! I have rever morning sickness often! I get home and cannot eat! (except fruit roll ups. Lol)

Afm, 10w5d. NT scan in 10 days. Constantly starving, especially at 4 am. Lol. No bump yet, just tight clothes. Very eager to announce the news. We are thinking once the NT scan is over, and if all goes well, we will share at that point. Im very nervous to tell at work. Any tips?

I think having a doppler would make me crazy. I know once I really start showing, and then feeling the baby, my mind will be much more settled.

My NT scan is on 2/2, is that the same date as yours? Cool that we are so close together! I'll be 11w tomorrow.

I've been thinking about how to tell my boss. The hard part is he's in a cube, so I'll have to ask to speak to him in a conference room. Which will probably freak him out, he'll think I'm quitting or something. Especially with a doc appointment tomorrow and another next week, he'll think I've been interviewing. I actually think I'll tell him this week. If something wasn't right at the NT scan then I'd probably be missing some work, and I'd rather have him know I'm pregnant before hand than have to tell him that AND that something isn't right at the same time.

BTW last night I was starving. I had a pb&j sandwich, an apple, and a bunch of grapes...and was still starving. Then I woke up, still starving. But I'll take it over wanting to throw up all the time!

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Re:

AMC - maybe if he thinks you are quitting he will be relieved when he finds out it is *just* a pregnancy!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

MuffDog|1327362826|3109980 said:
AMC - maybe if he thinks you are quitting he will be relieved when he finds out it is *just* a pregnancy!

Haha, so true!!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock

BrightSpot|1327355844|3109887 said:
Hi ladies, thanks so much for all of the positive support & thoughts. I decided to continue the progesterone until my appointment on Wednesday. I figure the worst it can do is delay the inevitable & if it's possible it could give this pregnancy a better shot, it's worth it. I'm trying not to think too much about things & just trying to get through each day until my appointment.
I am trying to prepare for the worst, though, so I know what to expect.

Lizzy, I love seeing your little bean!! :appl: S/he looks great (and so do you, mama!) So thrilled for you!!

Kunzite, thanks for the thoughts. I'm hoping it's a false alarm too, but an not especially convinced.

stepcutgirl, do you know why your doc asked you to discontinue the metformin? How far along are you now? I guess that's true about the placenta taking over hormone production, but I can understand your being nervous to discontinue the met.

I'm glad your hair is getting thicker. I heard the 3rd trimester is awesome for hair, so maybe even better things are to come. (I have those temple bald spots too. :(sad )

I'm glad you decided to hang on till Wednesday to quit the Progesterone. I'm so sorry these days are dragging for you. I wish you lived closer I'd bring you in my office and check you!

The high risk doctor told me metformin in helpful in helping prevent 1st trimester miscarriages but after the first trimester it can mask gestational diabetes and PCOS patients are prone to GD. He also said its benefit is lost once the placenta is fully functioning.

I'm so hoping and praying for good things on Wednesday! What time is your appointment? What time zone are you in?

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Re:

amc, yeah the waiting is hard. In one sense I want Wednesday to be here so the limbo will end, but in another sense, I'm not that eager because I'm afraid of bad news.
I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow. Yay for hearing the heartbeat!

meg, how exciting that you'll be able to share your news soon! :appl:

stepcutgirl, you're so sweet! That would be awesome if you could check me out! My appointment is at 4pm ET on Wednesday. (The wait is often up to 45 min to get seen, though.) Thanks for the prayers.

That's interesting about the metformin. Do you think it could help prevent GD, or only mask it? I guess once the placenta is in charge of hormone production, the metformin doesn't really help.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock

BrightSpot|1327367195|3110062 said:
amc, yeah the waiting is hard. In one sense I want Wednesday to be here so the limbo will end, but in another sense, I'm not that eager because I'm afraid of bad news.
I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow. Yay for hearing the heartbeat!

meg, how exciting that you'll be able to share your news soon! :appl:

stepcutgirl, you're so sweet! That would be awesome if you could check me out! My appointment is at 4pm ET on Wednesday. (The wait is often up to 45 min to get seen, though.) Thanks for the prayers.

That's interesting about the metformin. Do you think it could help prevent GD, or only mask it? I guess once the placenta is in charge of hormone production, the metformin doesn't really help.

I have read it can help prevent it from many reputable online sites but my OB and high risk OB both mentioned it masking it. I think maybe even if you develop it it wouldn't show on the tests if taking metformin and there are issues that need to be monitored if you have GD. My high risk guy said its not his first med of choice even if someone has GD and wants me to do a 1 hour glucose test after being off the meds for two weeks. SO I guess I'll see how that goes. He's the third doctor to tell me it's safe to stop the metformin now, so I'm trusting they can't all be wrong!

I'm ET too so I'll be actively checking in to see how it goes.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

AMC, my NT is on 2/1 in the evening. Thankfully, DH will be home to share it with me. I was going to wait to tell work right after, but I also see your point in telling before. I actually have Drs appts 2/1, 2/2 and 2/3 that will all require I miss some work, so I might have to let the news out beforehand. Due to my thyroid issues, I have to see an MFM just as an added precaution so taht appointment is on 2/3. My regular endo is on 2/2.

I've decided to keep a snack next to my bed. Every time I wake up to pee I am too starving to get back to sleep! And yes, it definitely beats nausea!!!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Just jumping in quick!

Lizzy - I love the ultrasound! And look at YOU! You look amazing :D

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Just got back from my 11 week appointment. The doc came in and said 11 weeks is still iffy to hear the hb with a dopplar, so I got an u/s! So exciting and unexpected. Baby looks good and the hb is 165. At first I was scared because I didn't see any movement, but she turned the sound on and there it was. Baby was also bouncing around a lot. Apparently the placenta is posterior. The doc also said that she hopes the baby moves around a bit before my NT scan next week, because s/he's not in a great position for measurements. Here's the pic-

11w us.JPG

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

AMC - you lucky lady! I feel like I'm the only one NOT getting extra ultrasounds! Did they even try the doppler or just go right for the ultrasound? If was a little hard to find when I was at 10 weeks but they had me elevate my hips and found it. So happy you got to see baby! How exciting! I'm counting down until Friday for mine. I'm taking a half day at work so I can drink all the water in peace and suffer with a full bladder in my own home haha. 64 ounces :errrr:

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Missy, you poor thing, 64ounces!? I was told 24! And even then, as soon as I waddled into the ultrasound room they immediately told me to relieve myself a little (not completely).

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Good luck today Bright! Thoughts and prayers are with you!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re:

Bright, just wanted to pop in to say I'm thinking of you today. I know all to well the worry and anxiety that comes with the wait. I hope you receive positive and definite information today. Good luck!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Stepcutgirl & puppmom, thanks so much. I'm feeling very anxious & will let you know how it goes today.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Yes Choro 64 ounces!!!! I'm truly scared that I may pee my pants :lol:

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Missy0483|1327457672|3111007 said:
AMC - you lucky lady! I feel like I'm the only one NOT getting extra ultrasounds! Did they even try the doppler or just go right for the ultrasound? If was a little hard to find when I was at 10 weeks but they had me elevate my hips and found it. So happy you got to see baby! How exciting! I'm counting down until Friday for mine. I'm taking a half day at work so I can drink all the water in peace and suffer with a full bladder in my own home haha. 64 ounces :errrr:

Nope, straight to the doppler! Super cool. Speaking of water, I had peed right before going into the exam room (they take a urine sample at every appt). When the doc was doing the u/s she commented on how full my bladder was (she said my bladder was as big as the baby, ha). That sort of confused me. But now I know that a my idea of a full bladder is different than her idea (my idea is making it so full that I'm going to burst). Makes me less worried about drinking a ton of water before my NT scan. 64oz seems really excessive though. Honestly, I'd drink something closer to 16-24 and call it good.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium

amc80|1327510208|3111394 said:
Missy0483|1327457672|3111007 said:

Nope, straight to the doppler! Super cool. Speaking of water, I had peed right before going into the exam room (they take a urine sample at every appt). When the doc was doing the u/s she commented on how full my bladder was (she said my bladder was as big as the baby, ha). That sort of confused me. But now I know that a my idea of a full bladder is different than her idea (my idea is making it so full that I'm going to burst). Makes me less worried about drinking a ton of water before my NT scan. 64oz seems really excessive though. Honestly, I'd drink something closer to 16-24 and call it good.

That does seem strangely high. I hate to pop in all un-invited with questions and advice, but is it possible you mis-heard? I might give them a call back just to double confirm, as that does seem like an excessive amount of water! I used to drink A LOT of water when I was pregnant, but there's no way I could have had that much at one time.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Hump day bump day!! Huh, it looks like I finally have a bump! Or bloat.

week11.JPG

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Ummm, nope it's on the instruction sheet I have! I thought it sounded really high too, but it's definitely written there!

Amc - I do notice a difference in your bump this time! I left my phone at home and will get it at lunch. I'll post a pic this afternoon!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Missy0483|1327514160|3111454 said:
Ummm, nope it's on the instruction sheet I have! I thought it sounded really high too, but it's definitely written there!

Amc - I do notice a difference in your bump this time! I left my phone at home and will get it at lunch. I'll post a pic this afternoon!

64 oz just sounds ridiculous. That's a GALLON of water! That's as much as you should drink in a whole day. I don't see how it can even fit in your bladder! Ugh, so glad that my instructions were just "full bladder," it's so much more subjective!!

Thanks for noticing the bump :)

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Ok I'm going to blame it on pregnancy brain, yup that has to be it!! But still, the paper I have says "you must drink six 8-oz glasses of fluid begininng 1 hour prior to the test. You must finish drinking the fluids within the first 1/2 hours" So basically I have a half hour to drink 48 ounces? That is still crazy to me.

Anyway, attaching my 20 week bump pic!

IMAG0412.jpg

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Bright, just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you and will be sending you all my dust/positive thoughts at 4 pm ET (seriously you have to wait ALL day?). Either way, I hope you get some closure and some peace but I REALLY hope that you get good news. We're here for you.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re:

@Missy- 48 still seems crazy, but I suppose it's better than 64!

@Bright- sending good thoughts your way. I'll be checking in after 4 (well, 1 my time) to see your update. Can't imagine how you must be feeling...

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re:

Missy, drink till your bladder is full. You'll know when that is. If I drank the 32oz my tech recommended AND held it for an hour, I would explode or pee myself. What has always worked for me is drinking closer to 24oz about 30 minutes before....usually just on my way to the appointment.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Haha okay thanks everyone. I felt like I was gonna be the kid on Billy Madison when Adam Sandler says "You ain't cool unless you pee your pants!" I wouldn't feel so cool though...

Oh and adding that I am thinking about you today Bright. You must be ready to explode by now in anticipation. Praying for good news from you soon.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results