shape
carat
color
clarity

paging yssie

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Hi yssie...I remember you had WF do a 'mini-makeover' on your butterflies setting. Do you have before and after pics? I was thinking of getting my own mini-makeover and was wondering how yours turned out.

(I suppose the question would be would you mind posting before and after pics...I'm sure you've got them :razz:)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha no problem ;)) I'm at work, will post when I get home and dig them out of the external. I had a list of things I asked them to do... not sure I have pics of everything but I'll do my best!

What are you considering having BGD do?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1323817842|3080853 said:
Haha no problem ;)) I'm at work, will post when I get home and dig them out of the external. I had a list of things I asked them to do... not sure I have pics of everything but I'll do my best!

What are you considering having BGD do?

you had them polish the insides and thin/claw out the prongs, correct? I was wondering if the insides of the ring could be polished a bit more (it needs a good polish anyway) and I was also wondering if they could make the V-tips for the side stones more delicate? minor things, just considering doing it...since I spend too much time on PS :razz:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found the list I sent them - for some reason I thought it was a lot longer :cheeky:

-Polish insides of trellis structure
-Thin out and claw prongs more
-Thin out baskets/crossbars
-Re-orient centerstone

We wound up not re-orienting the centre but all three stones had to be removed to do the other stuff I believe (definitely the sides anyway) They didn't do all that much to the prongs actually - definitely not Victor Canera prongs - but I actually think it made the biggest visual difference. The crossbars were thinned out and rounded a bit more, but you really can't see it in pics and it was only visible IRL up-close. They did polish the insides more, so that if you put it on a table you didn't see unpolished areas unless you really looked at the undersides, but it didn't bring the inner areas to a high blemish-free shine like the outsides, and some areas couldn't be polished at all because they couldn't reach them, so that one was more of a 'mind-clean' thing, if that makes sense?

Pics... you wouldn't *believe* how many dozens I have from exactly. the. same. angle. I'm not sure whether to be amused or horrified... I sincerely hope noone ever sees my pictures folder! I don't have any of the polishing but maybe these help a bit - before on the L after on R in all. And of course it was nice to see it all new and shiny again ::)

PRONG1.jpg

PRONG2.jpg

BASKET1.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
yssie thanks for sharing these!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NP!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock