shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Could well the Tsavorite Garnets and perhaps dark rubilite (spelling) w/probably white Topaz.

I rather like the brooch though.

win

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
winyan|1327011274|3106914 said:
I think if I have to read one more time about Mabel's bow fetish, or Diana's early death, or Camilla's 'horseyness' I will scream.

Be sure that you will!

Just as I will scream if I have to read one more time about how wonderful the Queen Mum or the Queen is today.

The first, I don't recall specifics, had some problems during WWII, and the second well, why does she carry a silly handbag around at all times? Surely she has a pocket for whatever small thing she needs to carry. I mean, it's not like she's apt to whip out a cell phone and call her daughter.

The first one (HM Queen Elizabeth), along with the other members of the royal family, was the epitome of the British Resistance during the Second World War. Surely she had her sins, but Her late Majesty was a very strong woman nonetheless. Don't know what problems you're talking about.
The second one (HM The Queen) does have e cell phone and uses it every now anf then. About the bag - having a (black) bag on her left arm is more or less a trendmark for Her Majesty. It's part of her look and I've not seen people complaining about this (silly) matter. Surely her house is big enough to have to wear it along with her. Never be sure what she can pull out from it. And No - HM rarely has pockets on her dresses.

Maybe it's my fiesty American Indian attitude, or being able to trace lineage myself back past 1836, but that doesn't impress me, good works do.

Sorry, just had to vent.

win

Surely it is! But be sure that the people you see on these pages can/could trace their ancestry well before 1836. And they do good things (their fancy titles alone attract attention on certain causes).

I hope that some day you'll see these words ;-)

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
winyan|1327011497|3106915 said:
Looks rather like morganite to me, w/that clear pink color.

win
winyan|1327011814|3106919 said:
Could well the Tsavorite Garnets and perhaps dark rubilite (spelling) w/probably white Topaz.

I rather like the brooch though.

win

Win,
I hope you understand that there over 350 pages on this thread, so posters (and lurkers) here can't remember every singe jewel discussed here. I would be nice if you quote the message you want to respond to, otherways you reply is useless (even if you have sth interesting to say).

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Here are some photos from the celebrations for Queen Margerethe II's the Ruby Jubilee last week that have not been posted here.

Reception at the City Hall

HM The Queen:
369208.jpg
http://www.newscom.com/nc/wmark/New.../369/208.thm&fname=zumaredwestphotostwo369208

HM Queen Anne-Marie of the Hellens, Princess of Denmark - three rows of pearl, Queen Alexandrine's ruby and diamodn brooch, ruby and diamond earrings with pearl drop:
764633.jpg
http://www.newscom.com/nc/wmark/New...e/docs/764/633.thm&fname=spnphotosthree764633

HRH Princess Benedikte of Denmark, Princess of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg - two rows of multi-coloured pearls, diamond earrings and delicate bow brooch:
764639.jpg
http://www.newscom.com/nc/wmark/New...e/docs/764/639.thm&fname=spnphotosthree764639

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The concert on 14th January

Princess Benedikte - pearl spike and star tiara, large pearl necklace, large diamond brooch and Queen Ingrid's ruby earrings (and ring?):
764726.jpg
http://www.newscom.com/nc/wmark/New...e/docs/764/726.thm&fname=spnphotosthree764726

Princess Theodora of Greece & Denmark -turquoise and diamond bandeau (worn in an unfortunate way):
623010.jpg
http://www.newscom.com/nc/wmark/New...photos/docs/623/010.thm&fname=dpaphotos623010

Princess Nathalie of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg - Queen Victoria's diamond stars at the back of her head, her mother's multi-coloured pearl necklace and Queen Alexanrine's pearl drop earrings (HSH also wore Pss B's large sapphire brooch):
764787.jpg
http://www.newscom.com/nc/wmark/New...e/docs/764/787.thm&fname=spnphotosthree764787

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Gala dinner at Christiansborg Slot, 15th January

Princess Benedikte - diamond fringe tiara, Queen Ingriod's diamond fringe earrings, Queen Aleaxanrine's amethyst necklace
(HRH also wore her portion of QA's necklace as a pair of bracelets on her right wrist)
623788.jpg
http://www.newscom.com/nc/wmark/New...photos/docs/623/788.thm&fname=dpaphotos623788

Princess Elisabeth - diamond and sapphire tiara, emerald pendant and bracelet (from her grandmother, not pictutred):
623828.jpg
http://www.newscom.com/nc/wmark/New...photos/docs/623/828.thm&fname=dpaphotos623828

Princess Alexandra - her mother's diamond floral tiara and riviere, her own diamond earrlgs:
623935.jpg
http://www.newscom.com/nc/wmark/New...photos/docs/623/935.thm&fname=dpaphotos623935

Princess Nathalie - pearl spike and star tiara, pearl and diamond earrings and her mother's large pearl necklace and brooch used as clasp:
623827.jpg
http://www.newscom.com/nc/wmark/New...photos/docs/623/827.thm&fname=dpaphotos623827

Miss Axelsson - large diamond spike tiara, two rows of pearls, (new) diamond earrings and brooch:
623777.jpg
http://www.newscom.com/nc/wmark/New...photos/docs/623/777.thm&fname=dpaphotos623777

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Scottish women were among the more liberated of the women in what now comprises Great Britain.

Some even kept their own last names after being wed.

Doesn't surprise me they can inherit titles.

win

BubblyBear

Shiny_Rock
Win,

As Bobby said on page 352, please quote the post you're replying to if it's not a current discussion, so the rest of us know what you're referring to. Thanks!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Found an interesting item on the Royal Jewels of the World message board. Yesterday, HM wore the rarely-seen ruby & diamond butterfly brooch she received as a wedding gift from the Dowager Countess of Onslow, whose great-grandmother was the Baroness Poltimore, for whom Princess Margaret's beautiful tiara was made. Attractive brooch, wish HM would wear it more often.

--- Laurie

1485580078.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1327020334|3107021 said:
The concert on 14th January

764726[/url]

Princess Theodora of Greece & Denmark -turquoise and diamond bandeau (worn in an unfortunate way):
623010.jpg
http://www.newscom.com/nc/wmark/New...photos/docs/623/010.thm&fname=dpaphotos623010

I am still giddy with seeing Queen Fredericka's tiara back...and now with this picture I am wondering how the Greek tiaras will be shared now that we have Princess Tatiana in the mix.

Princess Alexia has her own diamond tiara that she wears, so she's covered.

Crown Princess Marie Chantal has her own fringe tiara, and now wears Queen Fredericka's tiara.

Then we have Queen Anne-Marie with her emerald tiara and the ruby tiara.

Princess Theodora and Princess Tatiana have both been seen wearing the Antique Corsage tiara.

Is there any evidence that Prince Nickolas and Princess Tatiana have been at any of these festivities? Was she wearing the Antique corsage, which is why Princess Theodora had to make due with with the turquoise necklace turned into a "tiara?" I think this would have looked better on her if it was more upright like a tiara, not so low as a headband.

Why not purchase a small tiara for Theodora? Or will Queen Anne-Marie start sharing the emeralds and/or ruby pieces?

Thoughts?

AmayasV

Rough_Rock
HM The Queen of Thailand with her favorite emerald set.

sirikit.jpg

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
BubblyBear|1327124845|3108063 said:
Win,

As Bobby said on page 352, please quote the post you're replying to if it's not a current discussion, so the rest of us know what you're referring to. Thanks!

Been so long since I've been here, have forgotten how this works!

win

:errrr:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
winyan|1327202126|3108546 said:
Win,

win

Hi, winyan! I saw that you were the last person who had posted to this thread and came to see what you had said. I am so glad to see that you have joined in.

I don't think you are doing anything technically wrong with your postings, love. I think that the problem is that you are trying to catch up with everyone by reading the entire Royal Jewels thread (which is admirable), but which no one here has done in years and years!

We are like a group of students who have been studying a course of literature over several years in high school. Each year we read the works of a number of authors and then we all progress and read the works of a bunch more. By the time four years have passed we don't recall what we we were talking about the first year!

Then you come in as a new student and read all the books we read in all four years and start to chat about them.

And we say, "What?" "What is she talking about?"

Have a heart, winyan!!! Remind us. We can't remember unless you do, my dear!

I love you and am so glad to see you!!!

Big hugs,
Deb
:read:

BubblyBear

Shiny_Rock
winyan|1327202126|3108546 said:
Win,

win

Look at the top of whatever post you're replying to and there is a quote button. Click it. :)

BubblyBear

Shiny_Rock
LadyMaria|1327166209|3108273 said:
Why not purchase a small tiara for Theodora? Or will Queen Anne-Marie start sharing the emeralds and/or ruby pieces?

Thoughts?

What do you think the odds of Margrethe sharing/permanently loaning items from her personal collection are? We see her turquoise bandeau on Theodora, above. What are the chances she shares with her other nieces/nieces-in-law?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, DS! Fun site. I especially like these earrings -- never was aware of them. She was so clever about wearing mismatched things: earrings, gloves, etc.

AADS002797.jpg

AADS0028041.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
AmayasV|1327169435|3108298 said:
HM The Queen of Thailand with her favorite emerald set.

sirikit.jpg

I know thiese are nice emerald jewels (I wouldn't really call them a set) and I can understand why Her Majesty likes them, but I wish she'd wear some other pieces from her extensive collection more often.

By the way, AmayasV, do you have other recent and glittering photos of Queen Sirikit?

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1327166209|3108273 said:
I am still giddy with seeing Queen Fredericka's tiara back...and now with this picture I am wondering how the Greek tiaras will be shared now that we have Princess Tatiana in the mix.

Princess Alexia has her own diamond tiara that she wears, so she's covered.

Crown Princess Marie Chantal has her own fringe tiara, and now wears Queen Fredericka's tiara.

Then we have Queen Anne-Marie with her emerald tiara and the ruby tiara.

Princess Theodora and Princess Tatiana have both been seen wearing the Antique Corsage tiara.

Is there any evidence that Prince Nickolas and Princess Tatiana have been at any of these festivities? Was she wearing the Antique corsage, which is why Princess Theodora had to make due with with the turquoise necklace turned into a "tiara?" I think this would have looked better on her if it was more upright like a tiara, not so low as a headband.

Thoughts?

No, Maria, Prince Nickolas & Princess Tatiana were not present at the Jubilee celebrations in Copenhagen. The Princess is heavily pregnant and this must be the reason why the couple was not there.

About tiaras - Firstly, I'd like to say that what Princess Theodora wore was a necklace turned into a tiara for the event, but an actual bandeau. It was worn by such by Princess Ingrid of Sweden and her cousin Märtha. Later the base was added, presumably at the time when Princess Margrethe started wearing it in the 1960s.

I think that one day, whan Princess Theodora weds, we'll see her with a new tiara, quite like with her elder sister.
I've always thought that it'd be wise to put the most important family jewels in a foundation/trust, like Queen Juliana of the Netherlands has done, so that they would not be sold (f.e. to cover (death) duties). Certainly it would be very, very sad to see a sentimental piece like the Khedive tiara or Queen Olga's emeralds and rubies auctioned. Even the small pearl and diamond tiara (& the matching earrings and brooch) is an important piece in its own right.
I wouldn't be surprised if we see Tatiana with a new tiara some day, but I think she'll have to make due with the pearl one till then.
Prince Philipos is an interesting question. Most likely as the youngest son and child, he wouldn't be left much in tersm of jewellery. Surely, however, his bride will wear the Antique corsage tiara on her big day (that is if her family doesn't have its own wedding tiara).
I don't know if Queen Ana-Maria will start sharing her parures, but I hope she wears the Antique corsage tiara at least once again.

By the way, the turquoise bandeau on Theodora is just the third time I remeber when Queen Margerthe II has loaned one of her private jewels to a family member, and that has never been a niece/daughter-in-law.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1327146017|3108133 said:
Found an interesting item on the Royal Jewels of the World message board. Yesterday, HM wore the rarely-seen ruby & diamond butterfly brooch she received as a wedding gift from the Dowager Countess of Onslow, whose great-grandmother was the Baroness Poltimore, for whom Princess Margaret's beautiful tiara was made. Attractive brooch, wish HM would wear it more often.

--- Laurie

It's a very nice brooch and I wish we saw it more often. I wasn't aware of the link, so thanks for mentioning it.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Looking at this photo of Crown Princess/Queen Louse of Sweden, it appears that she's wearing a pearl and diamond brooch that we now see on Queen Silvia. There are photograph from at least one other accasion on which we can see her with this brooch. Is it known how this jewel made it's way to Queen Silvia? Was it left directly to Prince Carl Gustaf, or did Queen Louise leave this brooch to the Bernadotte foundation? Is something known about it's story?
qlouisepearlbrooch.jpg

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Last night Princess Maxima attended the gala dinner for the American Chamber of Commerce's anniversary in the Stadhuis, the Hague. For the event, HRH wore a pair of earrings withe very large pearl drops hanging from a line of diamonds, the strawberry leaf brooch with pearl pendant and two large pearl clasps as bracelets - one on a gold cable link bracelet and the other on a wide band of diamonds, and her pearl ring.
PPE12012368.jpg
PPE12012347.jpg
PPE12012328.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2012/PPE12012368.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2012/PPE12012347.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2012/PPE12012328.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Today in the morning HRH Princess Marie of Denmark gave birth to her second child- a daughter! Congartulations to the parents and their family! May the little Princess of Denmark have a happy and long life!
From the website of the Danish Royal Family:

Amalienborg,
den 24. januar 2012​

Det blev en Prinsesse

Hendes Kongelige Højhed Prinsesse Marie har tirsdag den 24. januar 2012 kl. 8.27 på Rigshospitalet født en velskabt Prinsesse.

Vægt: 2930 gr., længde: 49 cm.

Mor og barn har det godt.

Hans Kongelige Højhed Prins Joachim var til stede under hele forløbet på Rigshospitalet.

Kurt Bache
Kammerherre, oberst
Privatsekretær​

Pictures of the happy father can be seen here: http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?zoektype=2&search=24-01-2012 Riget

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The news for the birth of the new member of the Danish Royal Family immediately brings two questions - what HH's names are going to be and what jewels the mother will be given to mark the occasion. Any guesses?

My guesses -Either Margrethe and Françoise have to be among the given names (after the grandmothers), maybe also Ingrid.
The Queen will most likely give a new sapphire jewel to Marie, possibly a ring or earrings.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats to the family!

Now for that agonizing 3 month wait to find out the names! :(

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
Why are Joachim's children HH and not HRH? Are only the crown prince's children HRH as a rule in the Danish royal family? Just curious.
Thanks

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Yes, in Denmark only the legitimate children of the monarch and the Crown Prince/ss are His/Her Royal Highness. The legitimate male-line descendants of the other members of the royal family are His/Her Highness. Current Highnesses in Denmark are: Princes Nikolai, Felix, Herdrik and Princess Elisabeth. This also applies to the members of the Greek royal family, apart from The Queen (and one can argue that this is valid for Norway as well). I believe the only exception to the rule were the children of Prince Valdemar & Princess Marie (nee d'Orleans).

Bobby

BubblyBear

Shiny_Rock
Bobby! Your last few posts are giving me mega pearl envy! I love pearls and these are incredible.

Thanks for sharing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results