shape
carat
color
clarity

Guesses on age/ of this ring?

mrsjacob

Shiny_Rock
My husband bought this from an older woman here in town after seeing it on ebay. The only information she had about the origin was that it belonged to her mother and is very old. She believes it's from the 1800s, but I think it looks newer than that. Any guesses?

18k rose gold, 1.28cts of rose cut diamonds, 12x6mm persian turquoise.

turqring%201_0.jpg

turqring%202.jpg

turqring%203.jpg

mrsjacob

Shiny_Rock
now that it's daylight, here's another pic:

newring.jpg

I've been doing some research, but not coming up with much...So in love with this ring though! I can't "have it" until our anniversary...arghhh

lindacat

Rough_Rock
I have seen a couple rings in books that are quite similar to this one, and they are from the Georgian time frame, so early 1800's. They used alot of persian turquoise, rose cut diamonds, and 18K gold. It is a beauty? May I ask what he paid for it?

mrsjacob

Shiny_Rock
Oh, sure, I don't think he'd mind. He paid her just under 500 for it.

mrsjacob

Shiny_Rock
That is one I was looking at this morning! That ring is so beautiful. I love the design and all the texture!

Yeah, I think it was a good deal. I was definitely surprised at the size of the diamonds for that$$ Speaking of... I wish there were a better way to photograph rose-cuts. They are so clear and glassy-looking in photos.

lindacat

Rough_Rock
RubyLane one is pretty, too, but doesn't have the intricate details in the gold like all the Georgian ones I have seen seem to have. I love the rose cuts, too, and your ring is just gorgeous!!!

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I couldn't tell you how old it is, but it sure is gorgeous! What an interesting piece. Good find!

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes, I'd say Victorian too. Not earlier for me.

Anne

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results