shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you buy this I1 diamond?

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
by the looks of the diamond, aside from the severe inclusions, the cut (which is the most important factor of a diamond) is subpar. so i would not consider this stone.

how about this one ? 1.21 J VS2 for $4K :

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8993/

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
MissStepcut|1326573723|3103034 said:
Amys Bling|1326500065|3102484 said:
While I recognize that many PSers would have their opinion of a diamond "tainted" by an inclusion, I don't think most people feel this way. Among the women I know IRL, size comes before cut or inclusions and sometimes even shape. I don't think the PS ideal is in sync with the average American woman's ideal.

I agree that the first (and if only) question that others ask is what size the diamond is. However, I found that with my friends and myself - the personal enjoyment comes from shape, clarity, color, and of course size too. I know my friends would not be happy with an eye visible inclusion unless it can be covered. Correct that most others won't see it ... but they will.

elliemay

Shiny_Rock
CharmyPoo said:
MissStepcut|1326573723|3103034 said:
Amys Bling|1326500065|3102484 said:
While I recognize that many PSers would have their opinion of a diamond "tainted" by an inclusion, I don't think most people feel this way. Among the women I know IRL, size comes before cut or inclusions and sometimes even shape. I don't think the PS ideal is in sync with the average American woman's ideal.

I agree that the first (and if only) question that others ask is what size the diamond is. However, I found that with my friends and myself - the personal enjoyment comes from shape, clarity, color, and of course size too. I know my friends would not be happy with an eye visible inclusion unless it can be covered. Correct that most others won't see it ... but they will.

I agree -- most people notice size first, so people you see very casually will never notice any inclusions. I think buying an non-eye-clean stone as an engagement stone is very risky, though. The fiancee' is really going to scrutinise her ring and so are her female friends and family. No one will be rude enough to go, "HEY! LOOK AT THAT BIG BLACK SPOT IN IT!", but they will notice the inclusions, and so will the fiancee'. I'd be willing to bet that in the vast majority of cases, once a woman notices an inclusion in her engagement ring, that inclusion will grow and grow in her mind until it becomes unbearable and her then-husband will find himself forking out more money for an upgrade much sooner than expected.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn't but it for an ering, but I would do a lower quality time for a pendant or perhaps a pair of earrings...but definitely not an ering.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results