shape
carat
color
clarity

Ebay 5-stone purchase... thoughts?

esmehugo

Rough_Rock
So, I've been wanting a five stone for some time, and have been pondering this one for a week. And I just bought it...: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220917531945&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:1123

I have an appointment with an appraiser (found through pricescope, of course) on Monday the 16th (the ring is supposed to arrive on the 12th). The seller has a 7 day return policy, and seems to have very good feedback. (I can't find anything bad, and even found a mention of him on the boards here as someone with a nice things (this, most recently: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-5-stone-of-my-very-own.169760/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-5-stone-of-my-very-own.169760/[/URL]))

Any thoughts? Not all that many pics, but I'm crossing my fingers. and toes. Seems a low price for the size, which worries me a little... but the 100% positive feedback is making me feel a little better...

esmehugo

Rough_Rock
And if this would be better in Jewelry Pieces, let me know... don't want to do something wrong on my first post here ever! (Been lurking for a few years, though.)

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I have followed diamonddr16 for a while and you might find some threads on here, but from what I have read and my purchase from them, they are one of the good guys on ebay and honest in their listings.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
just don't expect nice stones on this ring,cuz 4 yrs ago i had to paid more than $3500 for my wife's 1.27ct 5 stone ring.

esmehugo

Rough_Rock
@ Dancing Fire... yeah, I know that they may not be great. And, if they're not good enough looking to me, back it goes. (I'd probably go for the 1.25 ctw from Whiteflash - known quantity, good quality. Just couldn't resist the temptation of 'what if this is a fabulous deal on pretty good ring?')

And thanks, ruby59 - good to know that someone else has had a good experience with the seller.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
esmehugo|1326155424|3098911 said:
@ Dancing Fire... yeah, I know that they may not be great. And, if they're not good enough looking to me, back it goes. (I'd probably go for the 1.25 ctw from Whiteflash - known quantity, good quality. Just couldn't resist the temptation of 'what if this is a fabulous deal on pretty good ring?')

And thanks, ruby59 - good to know that someone else has had a good experience with the seller.
that's where purchased my wife's 1.27ct 5 stone ring.

Ooops,i just check the invoice i paid < $2800 for her 5 stone PT ring back in 2005.

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
I hope this purchase turns out ok for you but here is some information on this ring you should know. This ring has been listed with diamonddr16 for some time. In August 2011, I did ask them about the clarity and whether or not it was eye-clean. The response was that there were visible black carbon spots so it is not VS-SI clarity as advertised. Also, in September 2011, this same ring was listed for $2,400.00, $1,100 less than it's current listing. It did disappear from the listing for a period of time so I assume that someone bought it and returned it and perhaps that's why they relisted it at a higher price.

If you want a 5-stone with great clarity, cut, colour, etc., check out "DesignerJewelryInvestments" on ebay as they currently have a 5-stone ring 1.25 ctw, E-F colour, IF-VVS1 clarity and the current bid is $700.00. They have a video of the ring on the listing so you can check it out yourself. I have purchased from them before and were very happy with the quality of the item.

Cheers!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also those stones do not look H-I to me. Sorry :blackeye:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That seller carries a lot of Tiffany items and I would buy from him if he had a Tiffany item I wanted because I generally know they use nice diamonds and none lower than I color.

I think in the case of this ring, it is totally impossible for us to guess whether it is good or not without an appraisal. So you are doing it the right way! He does sell some 5 stone asscher bands and I think it is possible once he sells one, he posts another, so this is not necessarily the exact same ring as mentioned earlier. Regardless, an appraisal will let you know if it is a good deal/

esmehugo

Rough_Rock
Thank you guys for the feedback - I knew when I posted that there's not too much in the listing to go on. Ah, well... I suspect it'll go back. But I'll see what the appraiser says. (A small bit of me is still hopeful... though the rational side isn't, really.)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results