shape
carat
color
clarity

Waiting Waiting Waiting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

razza21

Rough_Rock
Waiting......Waiting......Waiting

How long must a girl wait!?!?!?

Is there anyone else out there who has picked a ring and is waiting for THE PROPOSAL?!?! Here is my story:

Last year on May 2nd 2003 I met the guy of my dreams. Sweet, smiley, good looking, funny and most of all available! :) 2 and half weeks we were together and very much inseparable and have pretty much been since. We have had 18 amazing months together and just bought a house a week ago! He is the one I want to be with the rest of my life and knew that from the moment I laid eyes on him.

In July this year, he took me into the city looking seriously for rings. We had looked before but never discussed buying one at the time!! We walked up to a shop and I was stunned with amazement at the rings that lay before me ... white gold too! I had a little idea of what I wanted but wasn''t sure if it would suit me. Tried it on and was right. Then I asked to look at a princess cut diamond rotated 45degrees in a white gold solitaire setting. I fell in love instantly. I knew that was what I wanted. We left the ring there, reluctantly and looked around at a few other places. All I could think of was the ring at the first place. So... went back, told him that''s exactly what I wanted and he paid a deposit!! WOWWWW did you think I could sleep that night? ? The image of the ring kept flashing in my mind and I knew the waiting would kill me!

Well it''s 5 months later, and it''s nearly paid off.... (The deal was that I would choose a ring and he would propose as a suprise when the time it right) SO my questions is HOW LONG MUST A GIRL WAIT?!?!!? I''m thinking just before settlement for our house in February - but that''s over 8 weeks away!

Is there anyone else out there in a similar situation!??!

Here are the details of THE ring....

Princess Cut Solitaire
.63 ct
18k white gold
F - colour
VS1 - clarity
Near ideal measurements (4.5mm by 4.4 mm by not sure the depth)

What you think?? It sparkles like nothing else... but it will be an awesome suprise because I''m begining to forget!!

Renee
35.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
razza--sounds like you are in the homestretch, but please feel free to join us over on the ladies-in-waiting thread where there are more gals in your shoes (or similar ones anyway) than you can shake a stick at!

Your ring sounds gorgeous, btw!!!

1.gif

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Well, he did say he wanted to surprise you with the proposal. I''d say he''s sticking to his plan!! Maybe he''ll give it to you for Christmas. If not then I hope the next 8 weeks pass quickly!!
1.gif

dommie

Rough_Rock
Razza,
Hi I just read your post and wanted to tell you that I am in a similar situation as you are right now about the ring.
My boyfriend and I had been going out for 4 years and then I broke up with him because I went through alot of problems with my family, we were both young at the time etc...anyway...we were apart for 2 and a half yrs and got back together about 7 months ago...and things are perfect, we were definitely meant to be!!
My story.... we had been looking at rings which seems like forever anyway I finally chose a ring and am getting it custom made, I have tried on the molding etc...NOW...I am waiting for it impatiently...lol
Soo just hold on that''s all u can really do lol,
GOOD LUCK!!!

dixichick983

Rough_Rock
I know exactly how you feel. My b/f and I have been together for 3 years and we started talking about getting married about a year ago. We''ve been looking at rings for the past month or so. It seems like all of our friends are getting engaged and I just want it to be my turn.
8.gif
He is waiting to get his truck paid off which should be by February or March. He is then going to buy the ring. We already have it pretty much picked out he just wants to wait until he gets the truck paid off. I also still have about a semester left in school. The time will come soon enough I just need to try and not think about it so much I guess. In the mean time I''v just been looking through bridal magazines and pretty much planning everything out.
26.gif

~Patience

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
8 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My FI brought the ring in January and didn''t propose until September and he can''t claim lack of opportunity he had Valentine''s day, My birthday, Easter, His birthday etc and finally he waited until we were on holiday together and it was on the 3rd last day so I had to go through almost the entire trip without knowing if was going to do it or not. OK so the porposal in the end was really sweet and worth it but still I was a nasty nervous wreak for 8 months.

A girl I work with has had her ring since August without a proposal. What are these boys thinking?????????????????????
23.gif
And don''t they realise the serious health risk both to the girls (stress) and to themselves (our stress
20.gif
)

razza21

Rough_Rock
Well now don''t feel so hard done by!!! That was a seriously long time hey!!!???? I do have a suspicion it might be in February but who knows? I asked last night what he was going to do regarding insurance and he said "Never you mind" .... and then added "you want it to be a surprise so stop asking!!! " and I was like ''ohhhhhh''. It sounds like he is going to put a lot of effort in though so that''s promising! He''s not very good at keeping secrets.. I just hope he can this time - because I am sooooooo bad wanting to talk about it all the time!!

You must have been thinking all those special occasions... will he do it tonight?? Will he do it tonight??? I suppose they don''t always want to do it on special occassion like Christmas and New Year because they are special to a lot of people. It would be a great time to remember away from those occasions.

I really can''t wait though obvsiously as I''m on this website all the time now!!! I just love looking at rings, and dresses etc

I can''t help it ... it''s such an exciting time!!

So tell me bout your ring and send a pic if poss.... I''d love to see it!

What are these boys thinking?????????????????????
23.gif
I don''t know!!! I know I will want to propose the day I get the ring!!! there is no way I could wait 8 months!!!
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
I could wait a little, to make sure the proposal was perfect
9.gif

dommie

Rough_Rock
Hey Everyone,

I am assuming that you guys are still WAITING!!! MEEE TOOO!!!
7.gif
(, The suspense is really killing me!! lol. My bday is coming up soo I am thinking maybe then?? or the holidays??? HMMMM I am totally in the dark but I feel as though it is soo hard to concentrate lately are you guys feeling the same way???

razza21

Rough_Rock
Absolutely!! I think about it day and night!! and have done so since we chose it! However, I know he will be getting it any day now, but still think he''s going to do it in February!!

Dommie: Good luck!! When''s your birthday and what is your ring like?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results