shape
carat
color
clarity

It's HERE!!! My 5-stone 8-prong trellis reset by DBL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One word for this one: Fruition
:love: :love: :love: :bigsmile:

First, a giant THANK YOU!! to everyone for your ideas, opinions, and support in my threads - especially Asscherhalo, Bella, Charmy, Danny, Dreamer, DS, Gypsy, Haven, Hostpatogi, HOT, JuneRose, Kelpie, Laila, LD, LGK, maplefemme, MGR, Mike R., MissSC, missy, mom2boys, MrsBettyBoop, PintoBean, pregcurious, roppogni, slg, stargurl, susimoo, why2not, yenny, and of course David of Diamonds By Lauren ::)

The ring is in 18k wg, unplated of course :sun:
Centre is a 2.7 J, larger sides are 0.43 J each, smaller sides 0.12 each; size 4.
The trellis structure is handforged from wire, the shank is cast.

Thread for this part of the reset journey here:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-hanforging-journey-five-stone-eight-prong-trellis-by-dbl.169197/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-hanforging-journey-five-stone-eight-prong-trellis-by-dbl.169197/[/URL]

And videos from DBL:
(Part 1 - trellis) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF7OknUCslQ
(Part 2 - finished ring) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWxKITuXYQc

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Re: It's HERE!!! My five-stone trellis reset by DBL

oh yssie it's gorgeous...I love the prongs :) eagerly awaiting your pics!

some qs...
did DBL also say that those baskets were needed on the side stones?
does the WG match your other unplated pieces?

it really is gorgeous, enjoy your ring!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Eeeep I haven't even posted pics yet, you're quick slg!!

I'll get to your Qs in a minute - let me get these up first :bigsmile:

slg47

Ideal_Rock

oh yes please do post pics first!!

why2not

Rough_Rock

Whoa, that finished video is one mass of bling!
Glad you are happy :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YssieDBL-1.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

YssieDBL-1B.png

YssieDBL-2B.png

YssieDBL-3.png

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YssieDBL-4.png

YssieDBL-5.png

YssieDBL-6.png

YssieDBL-7.png

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock

Oooh! I just saw your thread in RT (haven't been active on PS for a while) and started reading it, and haven't read even through the first page yet, and here is your ring!! HOW EXCITING! I love the way your ring turned out! It is gorgeous. It looks both delicate and substantial at the same time. I'll be back to see your hand shots!

Oh my gosh. I hit "submit" and some hand shots were there! Oh Yssie, your ring is spectacular. What a beautiful, amazing ring, and it looks perfect on you. I couldn't really the milgrain in the video (old, tired eyes!) but now I can. I love, love, love the way your ring turned out!

Will this be accompanied by a wedding band, or all on its own?

CONGRATULATIONS! :love: :love: :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you slg, why2!

I'm SO relieved, and happy! It's beautiful - it's everything I wanted this design to be. The prongs are delicious, the entire thing is polished to high shine from top to bottom, the shank tapers beautifully...

slg I didn't actually ask about the baskets - I kinda changed my mind after seeing them on the VC, now I think they add to the piece! DBL's bench was hesitant about not putting any supports on the centerstone prongs, that's why they added the little doughnut at the bottom (I was dead set against baskets on the centre).

The WG is actually palladium wg, not nickel, it's just a *tiny* bit whiter than my stock nickel-wg piece from e-wb (the strangely white one, much whiter than the nickel alloy used for the other band/my old WF ring!). I can wear them together and noone but me sees the difference - I'll get a band of matching metal once I figure out what I want!

I can't wear the VC engraved band with this one - the colour difference is striking. But they don't look good together at all, which is odd because it looked fantastic next to the old VC fivestone - I guess it's the taper plus the more rounded profile?

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie, it is simply SMASHING! It turned out very well and it looks beautiful on you. I hope it is all that you were expecting. Enjoy it for a lifetime!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YssieDBL-9.png

YssieDBL-10.png

YssieDBL-11.png

YssieDBL-12.png

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: I loved the VC too, but I do like how the joint between the shank and the small stones is more fluid on this one. So glad that you are happy!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock

Yssie|1325645171|3094550 said:

YssieDBL-10.png

\

THUD!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Reactions: AV_

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

blueiris Aww, thank you!! I just saw your thread resurrected, it's on my To Catch Up On list for this evening!

I'll be wearing some sort of band - I'm contemplating a couple on etsy, a plain round 1.5mm in palladium-wg to match and another one in 21/22k for a different texture... we'll see I guess!

Thank you bright ice ::) I'm very happy with it.

Bella Thank you! Yes, that's the biggest change - the others are smaller. This reset was all about tweaking the details - I'm very happy that we seem to have got it perfectly!

The last thing to do is to have the stone re-oriented so it's facing the way I want, I'll be sending it back to DBL when they reopen in a week or two to have this done.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow - after so much time had passed I had begun to worry that it was not all you wanted it to be. I don't know how you waited out this last week so patiently!!

Yssie, I am so happy that you are so pleased with this ring! I think it is the most delicate rendition thus far. I am at first struck by the whiteness of the metal but I like it. The eight prong center gives that stone a whole different look - maybe the best parts of a four and six prong center? I really like the way the shank tapers to the last stones; the detail of that piece of the ring is very pretty.

As always, your photography is spectacular and the ring is just all diamond and minimal metal. I'd have to say the same for the shank as well - I like the contour of it and the fact that it's not bulky.

Enjoy every shimmer from your new ring - it was a journey to be sure and I'm glad you found the trip worthwhile!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm so glad you are happy with this piece! It is truly astounding, I saw the video on FB a few hours ago and I was waiting for the thread to pop up! Your pictures are just phenomenal! It's amazing how difficult it is to execute a design that seems so fluid and natural isn't it? Those diamonds and that setting really look meant to be, love love love it!

:love: :love: :love:

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock

It`s spectacular!!! :love: :cheeky: :love:

Enjoy this gorgeous ring Yssie!!

Cachette :))

Sundial

Ideal_Rock

This seems like it has been quite a journey for you and your husband. It is a truly beautiful ring with lovely details and it is sheer perfection on your hand. I am glad you are pleased with the end result.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Oh Yssie!!! THAT IS AMAZING!!!! WOW! :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl:

Just stunning! THe fluid movement of the trellis is TDF! Gorgeous workmanship - reading thru your previous thread, David took the prize on this piece!!! Just fantastic - don't stop posting photos.... they will give me sweet dreams tonight!

Enjoy :lickout:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I've been following your thread from afar and I just have to say...OMG!!! Your new reset is sooo stunning! I'm glad you finally got the setting of your dreams! It's the best 5 stone on PS IMO! Congrats again!

Need more pics, please!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yassie.... Perfection! The ring is amazing. So fabulous! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! :love: :love: :love:

I'll be back to look again and again and again.... Did I mention "again"?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

I like it. :appl: And it looks really nice on your hand.

Is it bad that I'm MOST jealous of your picture taking skills though. I wish I could take pics as nice as yours.

ETA; Very delicate and I'm pleasantly surprised at how much nicer than the VC version it is.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Stunning, the arrow shot and fire shot are amazing!!! Congrats!!! :love: :love: :love:

YSSIE, do you mind doing a side by side of the before and after??? I would love to see the difference. I love the after!!!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock

WOWZERS!! :love: :love: :love:

It is gorgeous, the trellis and shank are so fluid and the prongs are to die for! I love the coloring of this WG too. It's perfection and I am so happy that you are happy with the result.

Oh, and those hands shots are unbelievable! That's some presence you have there. :devil:

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock

Congrats! It looks amazing! Really like the prongs and the design shows off the stones so well.

How do you find the quality of workmanship vs VC?

roppongi

Shiny_Rock

Yssie,

Aren't you glad that you didn't settle? Didn't it make the journey and wait so worthwhile?

The ring is absolute perfection, and I couldn't be more happy for you. David certainly put his stamp on this masterpiece and it certainly is a masterpiece.

Please do not wear another ring with this, as any other piece will pale in comparison.

You and your husband have come full cycle with this ring...wear it in good health....

Happy New Year!

Roppongi

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MGR Haha no, no crisis or hesitation this time - I was on pins and needles waiting all week to see it, and then I had to wait until yesterday afternoon for some sunlight to take photos!

It is by far the more delicate of the two in terms of aesthetic, though it still feels sturdy, and it's actually quite a bit heavier overall - I'm guessing because of the cast shank? I actually can't say I have a preference on the extra weight or lack thereof, but I'm very happy with the way this one looks from all angles.

The intertwining of the trellis wires means that the trellis *must* be less flowy and billowy than in the threestone, there's just kinda no way around that, but I like the twining so it was a sacrifice I was willing to make. I adore the way the 8 prongs look from top-down :sun:

The shank metal is whiter, my photos make it look postively icy though for some reason - IRL it's somewhere between my old nickel-wg ring and my platinum band. I'll have to take some more pics for the metal colour, the ones I got yesterday aren't doing the job properly...

Asscher Thank you! I'm really happy with it - David and Bench did fantastic work!!

Thank you Cachette ::)

Sundial yes, it's definitely been a journey - a long, tiring, and expensive journey, and I'm both thrilled and relieved to have reached the happy end (and I'm quite sure DH is too, though he hasn't yet said that in precisely those words!)

The ring is - truly a beautiful thing IRL. I will enjoy wearing it for many years to come :love:

Enerchi Thank you!! Fluid is the perfect word - it's fluid, graceful, smooth, and integrated. I've learnt a lot on this adventure, and DBL is definitely to be commended!

mom2boys Wow, thank you!! Of course I agree with you, but that's probably a good thing!

Hmm. I wonder what it would like like with a honker like yours in the middle? :Up_to_something:

Mayk Thank you! More pics to come when the sun comes back, I promise!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

:love: :appl: YSSIE! It is spectacular!! The differences are just..wow, this is one for the books I say!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

OMG. I thought I was gonna pass out when he dropped it in the video! NO!!!!!! Glad you're enjoying this finished version. From your pictures, I *personally* can't really appreciate the fourth & fifth stones ... and feel a little sorry for them (hilariously)! But I'm sure from the angles you see from day to day, it will satisfy the 5-stone bill wished for.

Congrats!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

decodelighted|1325648957|3094610 said:
OMG. I thought I was gonna pass out when he dropped it in the video! NO!!!!!!

I had the same yikes moment!

In all seriousness, I've admired all of your rings.

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results