shape
carat
color
clarity

I am seriously ready to be DONE with online shopping :(

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I just went to the post office to pick up a garnet stone that I ordered from Barry Bridgestock. They tried to deliver it when I was at work and left one of those slips. They looked for the package for about 15 minutes and said they can't find it and to call the manager tomorrow. The same exact thing happened to me in April when I ordered some earrings off eBay for my mom for my wedding (but they ended up finding those a few days later).

I also realized this week that 2 packages that I ordered at the end of November were stolen off of my porch and they were Christmas presents so I had to scramble to replace them, not to mention the hassle of trying to get refunds for both items.

I am so frustrated and I'm going to flip if they lost that garnet!!!!!!! Ughh. :knockout: :???: :blackeye:

(Thanks for letting me vent)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
That sucks!! Fingers crossed its still in the postmans truck..or something like that. your other experiences sound maddening. People can be incredibly bold and steal from right under you! ARGH!! :angryfire:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a locking mail box and an agreement with my post office that they will never leave anything on my porch -- the result of a few deliveries getting stolen from the porch. I went to the post office and filled out a piece of paper and voila - one less thing to worry about! I've also gone to the local post office once or twice, delivery slip in hand, only to find that the package is still on some truck. BTW if the stone was sent by registered mail, there's also a possibility that the package is being kept in a safe... you might want to ask about that if it doesn't show ups soon... which, of course, I hope it does!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry to hear that =( I hope it will turn out somewhere. I would be sooo mad if that happened to me too... sending some dusts your way!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi - This is what I am hoping, that it is just on a truck and I'll have it by tomorrow. And yes, people are incredibly bold! A coworker told me that they are following around the UPS trucks and then stealing the packages from the houses where it doesn't look like anyone is home (my husband and I were both at work at the time the tracking info shows they were delivered).

VRBeauty - I didn't even know you could make such a request. I will definitely look into this. Thank you so much for sharing!

Minmin - Thank you for sending dust!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry. Hope your garnet turns up!

I am seriously starting to require anything sent to me be signature required. I had an order from Zappos stolen off my porch. Fortunately Zappos rocks and got a new order to replace the other right away-- with signature required this time.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry you're dealing with this! I can completely relate. I had a stone sent from Bob Kast this week. It was set to arrive on the 21st. I was at work, looked up the tracking info and it said that it was delivered at 1:08 on the 21st. I was so excited to get home and rip into the package. As you can guess, I got home and it was nowhere to be found and there was no slip! It was a small priority box that could have fit in my locking mailbox, but we also have the big locking package boxes too so I knew it wasn't left at my door.

Very long story, but it went like this: I called at 5:30 to my local USPS office to inquire and was met with "I don't know, but you had insurance so it's okay!", to which I responded "No, it's NOT okay. It's a unique item and it's FOUR days before Christmas!". I was then told that he'd check with the carrier to ask her tomorrow, she was gone for the day already.

The next day around noon I called him since he hadn't called me back. He said that the carrier left the key in my box. I told him there was no key, so he said she'd come in 20 minutes to check. She talked to my DH and told him "I put it in package box #4, didn't you get it? If not, maybe I put it in the wrong box..." She apparently seemed like she wasn't worried about it at all. So I called the manager and told him those bits of info. He said that he'd have to wait to talk to me about what to do next until she got back that evening. Okay, fine.

I called back after work to find out what he had to say after talking to her. He said I could file a complaint with the 800 number. I said that I wanted it dealt with locally since it said delivered online and I doubted that they would refund me. Then he said "well you didn't have insurance, so the best you can do is file a complaint, which will just come to me and I've already talked to you". :angryfire: I reminded him that it was insured, he went quiet and said "well it has only been two days, lets see what happens". Lo and behold, 45 minutes later when I got home from work and checked my mail, there was a key. I opened the package box and there it was! It also had one of the little peach USPS notices on it with a rubber band around the package with "I put it in the wrong mailbox, please accept apology - carrier" written on it.

Now why couldn't she have done this earlier? It just seemed SO fishy. I tried to call the supervisor right away to say thank you, no answer. I then got a call from an unknown number that was him telling me it was there. So it's resolved, but I have zero doubt that if I hadn't been a total PITA my package would have been gone! So bug them, then bug them some more. :devil:

Good luck!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi - Oh my, that is terrible! Thanks for sharing.

Gypsy - I am definitely going to start requesting that packages have to require my signature, if possible. I really just don't trust anyone. The packages I ordered were from Amazon and Toys R Us (gifts for niece and nephew) and they were awesome about refunding my money.

tammy77 - How frustrating for you and of course, just before Christmas :knockout: But I am so glad to hear you got your stone! What a major PITA though, and I wonder if you're right, that you wouldn't have gotten it if you didn't keep bugging them. I had returned a ring to an ebay seller in Chicago last year and I didn't think to add insurance (it was one of my first jewelry purchases after joining this site and I have since learned my lesson to ALWAYS get insurance). Of course it never made it to the intended recipient. The tracking number showed that they had attempted delivery and was ready for pick up at the post office. But when the ebay vendor went to pick it up, the postal workers kept insisting that they never received it and the tracking information doesn't mean anything. She tried going back there several times and they kept telling her the same thing. I also called several times and received the worst service I have ever received in my life and I can't even believe people like that are given jobs when there are plenty of decent people struggling to find work. I also requested to speak with the supervisor each time that I called but no one would transfer me to her and they tried to tell me she didn't have voicemail. I wrote a letter to USPS customer service and directly to the supervisor of that office to file my complaints. Needless to say, there was nothing we could do because it wasn't insured but I KNOW somebody stole that friggen ring. So yeah, I haven't had the best experiences with USPS.

Update on the garnet - I called the office supervisor this morning and left a voicemail but received no call back. So I just called again and she answered. She said she is going to talk to the carrier today and she will call me back when she has more information. If I don't hear from her by the time I leave work, I will be stopping by the post office on my way home.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Woo hoo! Just got the call back from the post office and they have my package! :appl: I'll be picking it up when I leave work in a couple hours :bigsmile:

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
stargurl78|1324662212|3087546 said:
Woo hoo! Just got the call back from the post office and they have my package! :appl: I'll be picking it up when I leave work in a couple hours :bigsmile:

yay! great news!! :appl:

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
minmin001|1324663570|3087560 said:

yay! great news!! :appl:

Yay, glad you got your package! Have you considered getting a PO Box? I did this a number of years ago and have all my packages sent directly to the post office. Any large boxes get held in parcel lockers and a key is placed in my PO Box.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Oh - a Christmas Miracle!!! :appl: :appl:

So glad for you stargurl, you probably didn't sleep all night long wondering what happened and who this faceless person was you were going to have to hunt down and torture! (ooops, was that an inside thought of mine that slipped??? hate it when that happens!)

Enjoy your precious stone even more now. It will have stories to tell its little sidestones one day HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :lol:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
minmin - Thank you!

MC - No, I never considered that but that is a great suggestion, thank you! I will definitely look into that.

Enerchi - You are too funny! Yes, I was worried but I knew it was insured so that helped. But I still would have been upset not to get my new pretty! It's gorgeous too, I'll have to post some pics in Colored Stones this week.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
stargurl78|1324681630|3087752 said:
minmin - Thank you!

MC - No, I never considered that but that is a great suggestion, thank you! I will definitely look into that.

Yeah, with a PO Box, you may have to call around if you have that option as some post offices have waiting lists. Luckily, there are a couple of them close by me. One has the boxes for $20 less per year and had available boxes. The more expensive location had a waiting list. Closer into the city, they are more $, but still worth it! I pay around $70 for the smallest size.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
MC said:
stargurl78|1324681630|3087752 said:
minmin - Thank you!

Yeah, with a PO Box, you may have to call around if you have that option as some post offices have waiting lists. Luckily, there are a couple of them close by me. One has the boxes for $20 less per year and had available boxes. The more expensive location had a waiting list. Closer into the city, they are more $, but still worth it! I pay around $70 for the smallest size.

Thanks for the info MC. $70 might be worth it to me to the avoid the hassle with shipping issues (I do A LOT of online ordering). I'm not close to any major city so maybe it will be even less.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great news about the garnet. ((HUGS)) I'm glad both vendors were good about the refund.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Gypsy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results