shape
carat
color
clarity

Basha Needs Glows!!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
My poor kitty... I need glows for my kitty! I think she's going to die! I hope not - but she has taken a very sudden down turn out of nowhere and if I were in America I'd already be at the vets but here in China I have to wait until tomorrow morning and I have no idea what's up.

She started trying to cough up something about 24 hours ago and I thought it was a hairball - then at 2am I went to the bathroom and she yowled and then barfed a bunch of food. When I woke up this am there was bile everywhere in the bathroom and she is refusing food and water now. I don't know if she's drinking but she's still throwing bile and she is completely lethargic. Yesterday she was fine!

I don't want to sound overly dramatic but I'm really scared!!!

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no.. poor Basha. Will be thinking good thoughts for you both and sending loads of kitty dust your way. You must be so upset. It's the hardest thing to watch your dear sweet pet not feel well, please don't lose hope. My heart goes out to you.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry, Cehra. Wow. Sounds as though Basha may have eaten something. Dust coming your way, and fingers crossed that poor Basha makes a quick recovery.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no - lots of dust and hugs!! I hope she just ate something she shouldn't have!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's awful Cehra! Hope she is feeling better and it turns out to not be serious! Dust!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope she is ok...lots of kitty dust! Hope she is feeling better soon!

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Hopefully she just ate something bad and will be fine. Lots of kitty dust coming your way!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
How is your kitty doing?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lots of dust for Basha!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dust outgoing. Hope you get good news from the vet tomorrow & that she's feeling better asap. Did you notice anything weird she could have gotten into? If so you could call US Poison Control or something. Can't think of anything else to do other than encourage her to drink & give her lots of love & attention while she's not feeling well.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cehra, can we get an update on Basha?

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Big Glows for Basha and hugs for Cehra. As a fellow kitty lover, I feel your pain.

Is there an emergency pet facility anywhere close to you? If so, get kitty down there pdq. We have one an hour's drive from us and the good people there found out how to cure our II year old baby. It was a godsend. It turns out that he had fatty liver disease and required force -feeding & water every four hours plus many meds. He was there for four days and while not completely cured was much better. We continued the regimen for another four days at home and now he is better than ever.

I hope Basha will receive the best of care so that s/he will be healthy once again. :wavey:

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry I didn't update this - I thought it had been forgotten. No good news here... my poor little beloved kitty died on December 2nd at 1am while we held her. She and I both fought hard for her for 17 days and in the end we are convinced that she died from lead poisoning after ingesting the tassels from a chinese ornament. She passed the tassels fine and in the end there was no blockage, but they went in red and came out white and it was a roller coaster as it invaded parts of her body and then she would look better for a couple days. Her kidneys, liver, and pancreas shut down and she died very peacefully but way too early at only 7 months old. I see her little ghost in my head every day and I miss her so much. I'd never bonded so completely with a pet before. I had such great hopes for her and couldn't wait until she'd gotten to adulthood and would just lay and cuddle with me all the time. She adored me and I adored her. She purred to the very end. I did everything I could for her, but the veterinary profession here is only 10 years old and the culture is not one to go to heroic lengths for a pet. There wasn't even a test let alone treatment for lead poisoning. Its possible she was poisoned by other toxic chemicals in the tassels, but there's no way to know for sure. They couldn't even take an xray and read it accurately. It was a complete and total clusterFk. Really bad. There was nothing we could do. In america not only would she have not had access to such toxic chemicals, but they would have a) thoroughly examined her from day 1 b) treated her correctly... I had to tell the vets here everything, I had to tell them to put her on iv when she was dehydrated, I had to tell them that yes cats can get subq every day. They just didn't have a clue. I am still so, so sad... but the hardest day was Nov 30th when I had to come to terms with the fact that I was losing her. The day she died it was just a matter of time... and somehow in it's dull ache the grief is easier than the constant anxiety and apprehension. But I'd do it all again to save her life. I miss the girl :(

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so very sorry, Cehra. It's amazing how totally such a small creature can own your heart--and in such a short period of time. I'm glad that you were with her when she died. She obviously knew she was in a safe place, surrounded by love.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the surgery room at one of the animal hospitals I went to. There is ONE nicer hospital downtown that has a much better surgery than this... but only one - and we're talking a city of 7 million people. My guess is this is one of the nicer (at least cleaner) rooms - but as you can see, it's also the broom closet.

379731_2633275960006_1498638427_2842426_1367893624_n.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no cehra, I am so, so sorry about the loss of your sweet kitty...my eyes filled with tears as I read your post, I am so very sad for you. You did the absolute best you could, and under extremely difficult circumstances. Big gigantic hugs to you, my heart goes out to you.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
I can't tell you how sorry I am about Basha's passing. You tried your best to make sure she had the best care, but obviously Chinese veterinary medicine was just not adequate.

The only good thing that happened here was that she knew how much you loved her and you were there with her until she died.

((((((((BIG HUGS))))))))

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks you guys :) I'm sorry I didn't write sooner, but those two and a half weeks I had so little time that I wasn't holding her and a difficult time getting the story out. I honestly thought that it was forgotten here by the time I did and I didn't feel good about just rehashing a thread to bring only sad news :(

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Oh I'm sorry. :((

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
I am really sorry for your loss. It is always difficult losing a beloved companion, especially one who was so young.

gemdandy

Shiny_Rock
I'm so sorry to hear this. Hugs to you {{{Cehra}}}

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry...

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate reading stories like this. I am so sorry for Basha and for your pain. But Basha was so lucky to have you and to be able to pass peacefully in your arms, and you know that you did everything you could and you were there for her. I am sorry for the ache you feel and hope you do not feel responsible in any way.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry for your loss :((
You did an amazing thing when you rescued her and took her into your home. What's important is the quality of life you gave her and all the mutual love flowing back and forth.

Perhaps she is not a ghost in your head, but a guardian angel in your heart. :saint:

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Very sorry for your loss.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, how tragic. :blackeye:

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cehra, I'm so sorry. ;(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Sara, I am so very sorry about sweet Basha. My heart goes out to you and I will keep you and Basha in my thoughts.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry to hear this :blackeye: . How very tragic! Losing a pet is soo sad!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a sad sad loss.

So sorry for your loss, Sara.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results