shape
carat
color
clarity

Perfume...

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
I just treated myself to the smaller 75ml bottle of Chanel Bois Des Iles. I've been sampling their Les Exclusifs- do far ive tried Coromandel and Beige too but they didn't tempt me to buy a full size bottle. I've got samples of four more of the range to try out. I do love the Bois des Iles though. Yummmmy.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SapphireLover|1323382213|3077338 said:
I just treated myself to the smaller 75ml bottle of Chanel Bois Des Iles. I've been sampling their Les Exclusifs- do far ive tried Coromandel and Beige too but they didn't tempt me to buy a full size bottle. I've got samples of four more of the range to try out. I do love the Bois des Iles though. Yummmmy.

I should seek these out--I bought the Chanel #5 Intense Bath OIl today--it XMas present from my DH to me...

cheers--Sharon

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On a whim, I bought Jo Malone's 'English Pear and Freesia' yesterday. I'm LOVING the scent. It's definitely soft and feminine, but it has an after-scent which is slightly musky - smells very womanly. It's probably one of the my first 'mature' scents. I will try and layer it with Jo Malone's 'Orange Blossom' next week.

I had to find another go-to scent, as apparently Vera Wang discontinued 'Bouquet'.

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
I love JM English Pear and Freesia! I am 3/4 of the way through a 100ml bottle. The shame with Jo Malone is that they are all EDT. I wish they came in EDP formulation so the silage was better.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a few new bottles as of late. Bottega Veneta is beatiful, once you learn how to wear it. Les Nombres D'or Tubereuse , Editions De Parfums Carnal Flower (as well as Iris Poudre) and at the moment going through several samples of Caron. My favorite so far as Sacre. Sadly not all of these will be able to come with me, some will live at a friends house until I return to the states.

-A

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am happy with the Chanel #5 Bath OIl I received for Christmas--the scent lingered and permeated the house.... :))

cheers--Sharon

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone bought Montale? I'm very interested in trying their Vanille Absolu as I've heard its not terribly sweet.

Oh and bought a bottle of Pour Une Femme De Caron. I really love that scent.

-A

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1325891459|3096846 said:
Has anyone bought Montale? I'm very interested in trying their Vanille Absolu as I've heard its not terribly sweet.

-A

NO but have you tried the Creed-Vanilla? Very subdued.

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1326252099|3100060 said:

-A

cheers--Sharon

I love Montale's Vanille Absolu. It's a very grownup and elegant vanilla with a hint of woods and it has a good longevity. I definitely recommend this. And the price is very reasonable.

I like Creed's Vanille Sublime and I agree with Sharon as it is very subdued. The only problem with it is that it doesn't last for more than an hour on me. Now this could be me because I have dry skin but it is the shortest lasting perfume (on me) that I have ever encountered and for the price it just won't do.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1326276507|3100215 said:

-A

cheers--Sharon

I love Montale's Vanille Absolu. It's a very grownup and elegant vanilla with a hint of woods and it has a good longevity. I definitely recommend this. And the price is very reasonable.

I like Creed's Vanille Sublime and I agree with Sharon as it is very subdued. The only problem with it is that it doesn't last for more than an hour on me. Now this could be me because I have dry skin but it is the shortest lasting perfume (on me) that I have ever encountered and for the price it just won't do.

Missy--it isn't "you", as it didn't last on me, either. Short of drinking the stuff no additional amounts I sprayed on added fragrance value (for me). This is unusual for Creed, but that is fine...I don't have to like everything they produce!

cheers--Sharon

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've heard that about the creed; plenty of money but nearly zero lasting power which made me shy away from it. The montale I can get from luckyscent and it wouldn't be too pricey at all (I've gotten a sample on the way to me at the moment).

Anyone know where I can get a sample of it? I would rather not spend a bundle on a full bottle if it only last a couple of hours.I suppose I could try Niemans as well.

I tried Les Nombres D'Or Vanille, which I really liked...except for a single hour where it got nauseating and turned to pure candy on my skin. It was quite long lasting though.

I've also tried Nicolai Vanille Intense which smelled like a burned out Yankee Candle.

-A

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can't really wear much in the way of this stuff, I get sneezy and allergic.

The ones I wear when I DO wear it:
--Perfect Veil by Creative Scentualization, sometimes layered with Perfect Nectar, Perfect Vanilla or coconut milk.
--Kiehls Musk
--CLEAN (some variation usually)
--BOYFRIEND by Kate Walsh

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
After a lot of samples, my husband got me my first proper bottle of grown up fragrance for my birthday, Vaniglia del Madagascar
by Farmacia SS. Annunziata. It is so divine, firstly vanilla then fresh sugar cane and something that reminds me of a freshly fallen tree. I'm no perfume aficionado but I know this is exactly what I want to smell like.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kelpie|1338215233|3205054 said:
After a lot of samples, my husband got me my first proper bottle of grown up fragrance for my birthday, Vaniglia del Madagascar
by Farmacia SS. Annunziata. It is so divine, firstly vanilla then fresh sugar cane and something that reminds me of a freshly fallen tree. I'm no perfume aficionado but I know this is exactly what I want to smell like.

One of my favorites Kelpie! Enjoy and happy Birthday!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Bought some Burburry Brit Summer for men: and I love wearing it too! LIght, but no staying power. For me the EL Bronze Goddess Capri is also nice and summer light--but again no staying power. BUt for the few moments--they both smell great!

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Am I the only one buying perfume??? Bought Creed Island Water today. So good I could eat it!

cheers--Sharon

squiggy241

Rough_Rock
My favorite perfumes lately:

Hermes Eau Des Merveilles :love:
Hermes Elixir Des Merveilles :cheeky:
Prada Infusion d'Iris :saint:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I'm bumping this thread up in the hopes that you will all share your new perfumes discoveries with me.

Sooo......

What are y'all wearing these days? :bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I posted this in Rosetta's perfume thread I think but just wanted to share here too. I am loving my dh's diptyque eau de tarocco. It's very different than my usual to go for vanilla perfumes. It's primarily citrus and so spicy but sweet and just sublime! :love:

Sayde64

Rough_Rock
It is over a year since anyone posted to this thread, but I am new here, and I really adore fragrance.

When I started I was all about the soliflores, such as Annick Goutal Rose Absolue and Des Lys. I also love her Eau de Charlotte --will always have a bottle of this.

As I sampled and learned more I discovered some bigger deeper fragrances that I now count among my favorites

Safran Troublant by L'Artisan Parfumeur
Ormonde Woman by Ormonde Jayne
No 23 by Ava Luxe (similar to Ormonde Jayne -- and less expensive)
L'Air du Desert Marocain by Andy Tauer
Une Rose Chypre, also by Andy Tauer
Rose 31 and Santal, both by Le Labo

these are all wonderful especially in winter. In summer I go back to several by Annick Goutal, and also Jo Malone Fig & Cassis, and Dyptique Philosykos.

Many others that I love, but the above are my core holdings.

Oh -- Chanel No 5 scented body powder. Really wonderful.

kerrycate

Rough_Rock
I like variety in it.

P

PierreBear

Wow... I'll admit I haven't heard of half of these scents. I guess I'll have to spend some more time at Sephora to do a tester.

Is there no lover for Marc Jacobs? I have the Daisy Eau de Toilette, which I enjoy. Got a sample of Marc Jacobs Eau So Fresh, which is pleasant and a bit sweeter... smells like a good summer or evening scent to me.

jankoluvsky

Rough_Rock

-A

cheers--Sharon
Creed-Vanilla is my favorite too
o.png

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boring one-scent woman here, and I have been wearing Chanel No. 19 for over 20 years. I love to layer with its body lotion for special occasions.

I tried the Poudre version and it does not compare well with the original.

DK :))

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like strong smells, otherwise they don't last on me, that's why I like Angel by Thierry Mulgler.

I also love L'air du temps by Nina Ricci, and She by Emporio Armani.

I loved Tentations by Paloma Picasso, but I just can't get it any more :(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results