shape
carat
color
clarity

Just got a 1.45 carat princess cut I1 clarity F color

slvramalgam

Rough_Rock
Just came back from an auction and got this ring for $6400. What do you think?

As per the appraisal:

Lady's 14K (stamped) white diamond ring containing:

- One princess cut diamond, gauging 6.70 x 6.68mm in dimension, est. weight 1.45 carats of I1 clarity, F color and Good cut.

- 8 round cut diamonds, gauging 2.50mm in diameter avg, est. weight 0.50 carats of VS clarity, F-G color and Good cut.

Total weight 1.95 carats, 4.300 g.

Wife loved it as the color looks amazing. I have no clue if I overpaid for it, or got a good deal!

Comments welcomed!

T-11-11-468[1].jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't quite know how to respond... did you get a great deal? You sound happy with what you paid, and your wife loves it, so it definitely sounds like a happy ending. Did you get a great rock? Well, we'd need a lot more info to advise with certainty, but realistically it doesn't sound promising.

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I see this is your first post. If you bought this ring and you're happy AND it's nonreturnable, leave this section and never return! Asking after the fact is rather pointless and may very you down on something you're happy about

That's being said. Did the diamond come with a cert? Is it eye clean..or mostly so? What are the other dimensions. Without all of that I doubt anyone will be much valuable insight

slvramalgam

Rough_Rock
Thx for the replies. Well, first to clarify that I just wanted to "show you my bling" as we came home excited about our purchase and researching left and right as part of the excitement to see what we got. This ring is not for an engagement or anything but rather just something my wife and I picked up at a local auction. We are not expecting an awesome rock at that size for that price, but we just cannot find a similar ring or rock with similar specs online just for the sake of price comparison.

But at the end of the day, my wife is happy for what she is wearing as it looks like "a million bucks", and I am happy that I don't have to pay over 10K for it! ;-) As it comes down to "reality" and our excitement aside, what the ring is really worth is up for discussion and comments and yet I know there is no real answer to it.

The ring came with a recent appraisal where the descriptions are listed in my first post, but I know that appraisals are laughable when it comes to replacement value as it is usually overinflated. As for more info about the rock, that is pretty much all we know about it.

Cheers everyone!

MxMom

Rough_Rock
Sizzle, that was kind of mean telling someone to leave and never return. If this gentlemen has never been here before, I doubt he knows about the pros and cons of purchasing a diamond that is nonreturnable, ASETs, etc.

My suggestion, send it to GIA to have it appraised, that will give you the most accurate information regarding the value of your diamond. You may very well want to do this to have accurate documentation for insuring the ring also.

If you love this diamond, continue to love it and smile when your wife smiles. Have fun with it.

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think sizzle was trying to be mean by her comment, I think what she was trying to protect you, because you have already purchased it and you cannot return it. So I think she was trying to save your feelings so that you wouldn't hate your ring. That being said if you don't want to send the diamond off to GIA you can find a local GIA or AGS appraiser to appraise the ring, because that will be the only way to see if you got what you paid for:) If you love it that is what is important

I don't think it was meant literally never come back, come back anytime:)

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on the new ring, you two must be so excited. You should post some hand shots of the new bling!! In answer to your question I looked at a few diamonds on line and depending on the eye clean factor I think you did pretty well on this stone in terms of price and that is not considering the setting cost. I think in your situation I would just sit back and enjoy the sparkle :appl: :love:

In response to other posts: a little harsh girls, don't you think?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

You seem well satisfied, and your wife loves it; hence and that is all that matters to "me". :))

cheers--Sharon

slvramalgam

Rough_Rock
I don't think anyone is being rude here. Understandably I have yet to further explore this forum as certainly I am a noob in regard to posting etiquette and Diamonds in general. Gotta say both of us still love our little auction purchase and I am still convinced I didn't overpaid for it. I was just hoping to find someone here who had purchased a ring with similar specs to further discuss about it. I have been trying to take a few pics of the ring just for the fun of it and man, it is do difficult to do! Hence, I gotta read up about diamond photography techniques from this forum! Anyhow, thx y'all for your inputs and surely, I will look into GIA for more detailed appraisal of my wife's mini collection of blings.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks pretty to me! And you and your wife are happy and that's wonderful, plus you gave us some eye candy! Thank you!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Looks pretty! Enjoy it! ::)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks very pretty! Would love to see more pics!

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
Hand pics! Those are my favorite. A ring by itself is never as pretty as on the finger.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! From the picture the stone looks great to me. Would love to see more pics if you can. As much as I love PS, and spend lots of time looking, I've never bought a diamond (other than melee in a setting) so I can't accurately comment on the price, but it seems good me. Most importantly, you both love it, so congratulations!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We would love to see hand shots of this new ring! It's so much easier to get a size perspective on the hand.

It looks like a beautiful stone - so glad your wife is excited about the ring! That makes it all the more fun!

slvramalgam

Rough_Rock
DSC01992.jpg

Managed to take a handshot today during lunch with wifee. She asked: "What are you doing?"

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
slvramalgam|1322002398|3067079 said:
DSC01992.jpg

Managed to take a handshot today during lunch with wifee. She asked: "What are you doing?"

Hehe! We PS'ers are a crazy bunch - the ring looks really beautiful on her hand, thanks for the pic!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you are really interested in what a similar stone might cost you can use the search function here on PS to find some. I just did a quick search using your specs and it showed me two 1.50 ct princess cut stones that are I1 and F color. Both are lab graded by EGL, so that's a bit different since your specs are from an appraisal, but that could be a starting point for finding out more information about comparable stones and their prices.

That being said, if you are happy with the purchase, I wouldn't dig too deeply. If you like the stone, and you think it was worth the money, then it was worth it.

I hope your wife enjoys wearing it!

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
That is so darn pretty! Looks lovely on your wife's hand. Great job.

slvramalgam

Rough_Rock
Haven|1322003991|3067097 said:
If you are really interested in what a similar stone might cost you can use the search function here on PS to find some. I just did a quick search using your specs and it showed me two 1.50 ct princess cut stones that are I1 and F color. Both are lab graded by EGL, so that's a bit different since your specs are from an appraisal, but that could be a starting point for finding out more information about comparable stones and their prices.

That being said, if you are happy with the purchase, I wouldn't dig too deeply. If you like the stone, and you think it was worth the money, then it was worth it.

I hope your wife enjoys wearing it!

Ok, got the search to work finally. I had to put a wider range of search specifications. Thanks alot!

Yes, my wife is enjoying the ring alot. Thanks for all the warm comments!

Cheers!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are both happy with the ring and your purchase and that is all that matters. It looks very pretty on her hand.

DiamondsDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
All that matters is that you and your wife like the ring.

Enjoy it!

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty! I understand the compulsion to search, but have learned from experience that it's not worth it after the fact as it just makes me crazy-lol. As others have said, it's lovely, looks wonderful on her hand, makes her happy and that's all that matters at the end of the day! You did a good job and I'm sure your wife is over the moon. Thanks for sharing!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results