shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW A Year in the Making: Maytal Hannah Halo & ERD Cushion

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring Charmy. I like it better than the Harry Winston.

ooohdiamonds

Rough_Rock
WOWWWWWWWWWWWW :love: :love: :love: !! That ring is amazing!

sonjae2

Rough_Rock
I have been looking everywhere for a ring like this. I absolutely love it. If you wouldn't mind, could you please tell me an estimate on how much it was once it was all done?

April20

Ideal_Rock
Holy cra..... That is fantabulous! I LOVE it!

amorebella2

Rough_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous ring! I would have guessed 2 ct!! I especially love the look of halos when there's no visible break from the center diamond like yours. I agree too that it looks better than the HW, especially with the rounder looking band. Hope you get the chance to wear it out more!! :love:

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
sonjae2|1321285349|3061370 said:
I have been looking everywhere for a ring like this. I absolutely love it. If you wouldn't mind, could you please tell me an estimate on how much it was once it was all done?

A setting like that will range from $3500 - $5000 from a good bench. I would recommend Leon Mege, Steven Kirsch, and Victor Canera - you can see many examples of their halo rings on PS. Beyond my ring, I have seen one other example of Maytal's halos.

In terms of the diamond, it is next to impossible to find a 8 main modern cushion these days. However, a well cut 1.5 ct G VS1 cushion will run you around $12,000 to $14,000 from an online vendor.

ElenaM

Rough_Rock
Oh.my.goodness! OK, that is seriously one gorgeously breathtaking ring!

yamiv

Rough_Rock
I absolutely love loveeeeee your ring.. I have been looking everywhere for a ring that beautiful.. Any way you could give me a contact number for the person who did your ring? or any info that I can use to get in touch with them.Please and Thank You

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
yamiv|1352698093|3303784 said:
I absolutely love loveeeeee your ring.. I have been looking everywhere for a ring that beautiful.. Any way you could give me a contact number for the person who did your ring? or any info that I can use to get in touch with them.Please and Thank You

Thanks so much for your compliments. Maytal Hannah made this ring - www.maytalhannah.com..

You can also use Leon Mege, Steven Kirsch, Victor Canera and Engagement Rings Direct. All will be more than capable to make a similar ring :appl:

stirfry

Rough_Rock
Hi -

First, awesome ring!!!

I'm looking for the same setting but in a double halo, you had recommend Victor, Steve, or Leon in a reply to another PSer. Could you share with me why? Does Maytal's pave work compare to the others?

Cheers,
TK

cchen

Rough_Rock
Hi CharmyPoo,
Your ring is gorgeous! My BF and I are in the process of looking for a cushion diamond as well for a similar halo look. Even after reading a lot about the different types of cushion cuts, I am still slightly confused. When you asked Mark at ERD to find the ideal cushion, did you tell him you wanted a modern modified brilliant with 8 mains? (I thought modern cushions are modified brilliant) or is yours more similar to an ole mine cut/antique cushion?

I have also been looking at square hearts and arrows from GOG, what are your thoughts on those in a cushion halo setting?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
cchen|1355597567|3332120 said:
Hi CharmyPoo,
Your ring is gorgeous! My BF and I are in the process of looking for a cushion diamond as well for a similar halo look. Even after reading a lot about the different types of cushion cuts, I am still slightly confused. When you asked Mark at ERD to find the ideal cushion, did you tell him you wanted a modern modified brilliant with 8 mains? (I thought modern cushions are modified brilliant) or is yours more similar to an ole mine cut/antique cushion?

I have also been looking at square hearts and arrows from GOG, what are your thoughts on those in a cushion halo setting?

I recently wrote a long guide for a friend buying a "Harry Winston" replica ring. I am going to post it and it should answer a lot of your questions. My modern cushion is next to impossible to find these days ... I haven't seen that facet pattern in the past few years.

For modern cushions, there are modified cushion brilliants and cushion brilliants. I like Cushion Brilliants far more and I would ask Mark for that. However, know that it also comes with a price premium.

The square H&A are nice but when set in a cushion halo ... they end up looking like a round diamond.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

BeachieBummie

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous! And I just love that setting!

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing! I would love some more info on that 3-stone!?

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
This must be one of my favorite rings on PS! HW style settings don't seem to be uncommon on PS, but it takes the smallest of details to make it really perfect, and yours is just right.

cchen

Rough_Rock
Charmypoo,
Thank you so much for the guide! I think I would like a 8 thin main modern cushion similar to the one you have in the HW halo style setting. I am having a hard time finding those from various websites. I have contacted Mark as well. In looking through old posts, it seems like you have a gift at finding those and posted some before for other PSers, do you think I can bother you to help with the search? I'm looking for something in the 1.7-2 carat range, H and up, VS2 and up, preferably more square shape than rectangular. Our budget is up to 23,000 for the right diamond.

Thank you!

ylapis

Rough_Rock
Love, love this setting! I'm in the process of looking to custom make my 1.51 cushion. What details/stats did you provide MH to obtain this look? Are these single cut melee or full cut? Any info would be awesome :)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its so nice when threads like this are resurrected and I have the chance to comment! Charmypoo, I know I've seen your ring many times since you first posted this thread, but I've never contributed to this thread before so I'm dropping by to officially say Gorgeous! It is just so elegant, so delicate, such a statement! I think it would change my whole perspective to wear a ring like yours - I would feel so elegant and grownup :bigsmile:

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
cchen|1357594815|3349773 said:
Charmypoo,
Thank you so much for the guide! I think I would like a 8 thin main modern cushion similar to the one you have in the HW halo style setting. I am having a hard time finding those from various websites. I have contacted Mark as well. In looking through old posts, it seems like you have a gift at finding those and posted some before for other PSers, do you think I can bother you to help with the search? I'm looking for something in the 1.7-2 carat range, H and up, VS2 and up, preferably more square shape than rectangular. Our budget is up to 23,000 for the right diamond.

Thank you!

Sorry for the late reply! I think you already found your beauty and seem to recall a thread :)

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
ylapis|1359955023|3371660 said:
Love, love this setting! I'm in the process of looking to custom make my 1.51 cushion. What details/stats did you provide MH to obtain this look? Are these single cut melee or full cut? Any info would be awesome :)

I had a very detailed guide that I wrote to MH and she knew I was a very picky customer. Just tell her to make CharmyPoo's ring and she will know. I used full cut diamonds.

My diamond is the same size too! Can't wait to see what you get.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1359958942|3371699 said:
Its so nice when threads like this are resurrected and I have the chance to comment! Charmypoo, I know I've seen your ring many times since you first posted this thread, but I've never contributed to this thread before so I'm dropping by to officially say Gorgeous! It is just so elegant, so delicate, such a statement! I think it would change my whole perspective to wear a ring like yours - I would feel so elegant and grownup :bigsmile:

You are so sweet. No matter what we say about not caring what others think ... it is always nice to hear a compliment.

I remember when I first got this ring ... I felt so strange wearing it because it looked so big. As beautiful as this ring is, it was never me and it just sits in my jewelry box. I have worn it no more than 5 times I think. My split shank is my daily.

tom123

Rough_Rock
hi Charmypoo,

just as everyone else here i love this ring and i'm convinced this is the ring to go for for my lady.

i'm looking at different diamonds for it and would love to hear your input on the options.

Option 1: an AVC from GoodOldGold http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/9875/

Option 2: X-factor from ERD: http://www.engagementringsdirect.com/1.51-carat-g-vs2-x-factor-cushion-cut-diamond-gid-113233.html

Option 3: Another X-factor from ERD: http://www.engagementringsdirect.com/1.60-carat-e-vs1-x-factor-cushion-cut-diamond-gid-115475.html

Option 4: Similar diamond to what is in your ring. It's a Daniel K Cushion with 8 main facets (1.67ct G-VS1), i'm just not sure this is a good diamond. i have read your HW ring guide and the table seems a bit big and i'm unsure if the ASET is good enough for the price. it also has a "natural" on the bottom side which i'm not sure what to think of. the price for this stone is 16k. (pictures below)

i would love to get your oppinion on these. thanks in advance :)

gia_9.jpg aset1_1.jpg 1_104.jpg

tom123

Rough_Rock
one more question.. do you know where it's best to turn when looking for an 8 facet modern cushion like you have?

//T

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Welcome Tom123. It would be best to post your question again on RockyTalky as it's own thread since this one focuses on someone else's ring. You will also get more replies under your own thread. You can refer back to this post by pasting in the URL, if you want to reference it.

tom123

Rough_Rock
Thanks pregcurious :)

reneeromah

Rough_Rock
Hi There!!

You have created my absolute dream ring!!! May I ask how much this piece ended up costing?

Ulumanati

Rough_Rock
Hello CharmyPoo,

I am actually in the process of working with Maytal on designing a ring exactly like yours. I wanted to get your advice on what you would do differently and/or change since you have already gone through the process. I know your border and shank was at approx 1.5mm, and she said she usually makes them at 1.8mm, so I wanted to get your opinion on just how delicate yours came out. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results