shape
carat
color
clarity

how to protect rings from rubbing each other?

pannini

Shiny_Rock
Hello!

I made the mistake of ordering a Leon Mege wedding band that sits higher because the width is thicker than the engagement ring. He discourages wearing the rings together, but I do because I love them together. Problem is the height of the band does allow the pavee to rub agains the claws that hold the solitaire diamond. To get a spacer ring feels like there's too much going on on the finger. What options do I have?

See attached iphone shot. Sorry this shot does the ring no justice!

photo.JPG

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
The only options are spacer, solder together or wear separately. That's about it.

pannini

Shiny_Rock
where can i get a spacer ring for little $ but still look great?

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you want the spacer to show, get a low-dome 2mm one. Otherwise get a 1mm one that will be pretty inconspicuous

diamante-girl

Rough_Rock
Hi Pannini,

Your ering and wedding band are beautiful. :love:

I had the same problem with my ering and 1/2 round diamond wedding band. My ering is a .62ct ASG 000 G,SI1 and my diamond wedding band is a .42ct shared prong dimond band. My ering is 18K and my diamond band is 14K. I purchased a 14K domed spacer from this ebay vendor. The rings are size 4.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1MM-14K-SOLID-GOLD-LADIES-BAND-THUMB-RING-Size-4-13-/170362834227

It arrived very quickly, was not paper thin, and I am very happy with it. It keeps the two separated just enough not to rub and still gives me the look I wanted. The spacer is 1mm and doesn't stick up to high. It performs it's function perfectly. The price was extremely reasonable at about $60. I included 2 views from the top and one from the side.

I'm not sure if you have a donut at the base of the ering basket. (like mine seen in side shot) It looks like you don't. In your case the spacer will sit flush up to your ering and wedding band, thus no gapping.

I hope this information helps you. Your rings and diamonds will be happy, last longer, and not fight eachother ;))

Screen shot 2011-11-10 at 6.03.30 PM.png

Screen shot 2011-11-10 at 6.04.15 PM.png

Screen shot 2011-11-10 at 6.03.57 PM.png

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
I got my rings soldered and I love it. I love that they don't turn, they don't separate, and they always look the way they're intended to look on my hand. It's also reversible which is nice in case I ever change my mind.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
ame|1320956651|3058881 said:
The only options are spacer, solder together or wear separately. That's about it.

yep. ame gave you the only other options if you dont want to wear a spacer band. Many people on PS have bout 1mm spacer bands that really are so thin it does not take away from their set....

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pannini|1320956257|3058872 said:
Hello!

I made the mistake of ordering a Leon Mege wedding band that sits higher because the width is thicker than the engagement ring. He discourages wearing the rings together, but I do because I love them together. Problem is the height of the band does allow the pavee to rub agains the claws that hold the solitaire diamond. To get a spacer ring feels like there's too much going on on the finger. What options do I have?

See attached iphone shot. Sorry this shot does the ring no justice!

Do you plan to wear them together regularly? If so in your case I would solder for two reasons:

1. your Ering shank looks very very delicate, and it has so much pave... adding an immobile adjacent band will provide strength and durability

2. You don't gain anything by wearing them together without soldering - there's no changing design or anything like that that would necessitate being able to turn the band to fully enjoy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results