carat
color
clarity

Show me some Van Craeynest!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aeolianarpa|1319922721|3050032 said:
DS, indeed they did. Though I'd say they were bought without selling themselves hehe! They managed to keep their apprentice system in place and only lost one or two people (what a woeful inconvenience that Sara is gone, she made a great office manager!). Prices went up quite a bit before the takeover (too little, too late) and soaring metal pricing didn't help either. On the positive side, it's a great relief for Larry to be able to operate without such crushing financial concerns. Silver lining and all that!

Glad you like the prongs, back I go to silent willing :)

Ahhh, I see. So possibly I could request that my prongs be the same. Well, no probably about it! I will ask for my prongs to be the same! I guess that is worth the extra cost of the settings now!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I hadn't heard of that they had sold. Well it doesn't seem to have affected the workmanship. I just got my rechased ring back today and it's perfect. :)

Sad to hear the prices have increased. Guess I'll just be grateful I have a piece I like so much, and maybe one day I can get a pendant to match!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MtG...oh gosh, the pendant prices are through the roof. They were higher than the ring prices a year ago! I'd be afraid to hear current prices!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1320190876|3052082 said:
MtG...oh gosh, the pendant prices are through the roof. They were higher than the ring prices a year ago! I'd be afraid to hear current prices!

HI:

Oh no! I hope this doesn't interfere with your plan, DS. Impossibly beautiful pieces.

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, the little ring that I like is $1000 more than the quote exactly a year ago!!! My fault for waiting...but at the same time, I didn't know they were getting bought out. I am still thinking about it depending on what diamond or diamonds I end up with. Larry Van Craeynest is so nice. He has called me a couple of times since our conversation a few weeks ago to check and see if I was ready to order! I think knowing him (by distance in my case) adds a little charm to the setting.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1320195602|3052164 said:
Sharon, the little ring that I like is $1000 more than the quote exactly a year ago!!! My fault for waiting...but at the same time, I didn't know they were getting bought out. I am still thinking about it depending on what diamond or diamonds I end up with. Larry Van Craeynest is so nice. He has called me a couple of times since our conversation a few weeks ago to check and see if I was ready to order! I think knowing him (by distance in my case) adds a little charm to the setting.

HI:

Ahh, I see; no "fault" at all. What you choose will be wonderful and look forward to your post!

cheers--Sharon

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Hello there :wavey: ,
The last year and half have been full of changes (got married, experienced "reduction in force", involved in a job hunt, Mom became ill and, now, settling into new job), so I haven't kept up with the latest VC news. I must confess that even during this bumpy time for me, I thought about Larry and everyone at Van Craeynest and hoped they were doing okay (definitely a testament to the wonderful experience I had with them).

I have enjoyed reading the new posts and seeing all the lovely pictures. In fact, they are the motivation I needed to clean my set so I can share pictures of my beautiful wedding VC band. The folks at VC are just so talented.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't wait to see photos Anita!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same here, Anita!

I am at the point of probably waiting for an old cut stone to put into a VC setting. I have decided that I still want a Tiffany repro with rb to wear as my primary e-ring since I have the Legacy band. The prices are just too high to buy a new stone for a secondary ring right now. So I am watching for the right stone to come along! Although I will have to say, I am very, very thankful to have found my one VC ring on ebay. I just love it even though it doesn't have any large diamonds!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
incredible pieces everyone, bravo bravo!!!! :love: :love: :love: :appl:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently reset my ering diamond into my Van Craeynest setting. It's .9ct, so very modest by PS standards, but I think works lovely with the delicate setting. I'm resetting the .72 ct stone that was previously in the VC into a pendant, and I'll start a thread on both when the pendant gets in, along with my Leon band which USPS has lost but will hopefully find again(ARG!). But I'm so excited I took some preview shots of just the reset.

Shown with a Victor Canera band. VC and VC :)

file.jpg
file.jpg

side.JPG

068.JPG

070.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is beautiful, MTG!!! :love: I think that was a great decision to set the .9 in that setting and use the Lazare for a pendant! I am impressed with Victor's engraving as well. Those two would actually work well together if they were the same color metal.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1328763640|3122228 said:
That is beautiful, MTG!!! :love: I think that was a great decision to set the .9 in that setting and use the Lazare for a pendant! I am impressed with Victor's engraving as well. Those two would actually work well together if they were the same color metal.

In comparison, the Van Craeynest carving is a lot deeper, though that might be related to how platinum and gold are worked, but the miligrain is just as delicate on both. I thought about rhodium plating, but I actually like mixing and matching the colors. I think victor's engraving looks richer and more beautiful in 18k yellow gold.

Anyways, I SHOULD have a Leon mege pave band on the way that I might be able to pair with the VC...but USPS has misplaced it. GAH! Fingers are crossed they find it though. :(

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I surely DO hope the Leon band turns up!!! You are right about the richness of the yg with engraving. It is gorgeous!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I am in love with all these pieces!!! :love:

I was wondering if anyone has a pic of the VC makers mark??? Am pretty positive I just purchased an 812 in 18kt WG with 5 small sapphires and one larger blue sapphire center stone---will keep my fingers crossed!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stepcutnut|1328823296|3122608 said:
I am in love with all these pieces!!! :love:

I was wondering if anyone has a pic of the VC makers mark??? Am pretty positive I just purchased an 812 in 18kt WG with 5 small sapphires and one larger blue sapphire center stone---will keep my fingers crossed!

It's blurry but you can see it..
file.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MTG that is a *gorgeous* ring :love: :love: :love: :love: And it looks beautiful with your Canera band, both have spectacular engraving :sun:

I really like the metal colour difference in your pics too, they look really good together!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much for the pic MTG! Your ring is fabulous! I saw you sent it back into have it gone over and it looks like they did a really lovely job!!! May I ask how you proceeded with that?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stepcutnut|1328827319|3122669 said:
Thanks so much for the pic MTG! Your ring is fabulous! I saw you sent it back into have it gone over and it looks like they did a really lovely job!!! May I ask how you proceeded with that?

Thank. :) Yeah, I would be surprised if anybody has tried to reproduce this ring as the craftsmanship is so intricate and delicate.
I just sent an email to VC, then sent in my ring, and they sent me an invoice. Strangely enough, they did the work first, and then charged me rather giving me an estimate first. You may want to make sure they tell you an estimate before they start the work, but it was pretty reasonable in my case so it wasn't a big deal, just seemed a little odd to me.

I could definitely tell the difference though, the details came back much sharper!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
MakingTheGrade|1328827696|3122676 said:
stepcutnut|1328827319|3122669 said:

Thank. :) Yeah, I would be surprised if anybody has tried to reproduce this ring as the craftsmanship is so intricate and delicate.
I just sent an email to VC, then sent in my ring, and they sent me an invoice. Strangely enough, they did the work first, and then charged me rather giving me an estimate first. You may want to make sure they tell you an estimate before they start the work, but it was pretty reasonable in my case so it wasn't a big deal, just seemed a little odd to me.

I could definitely tell the difference though, the details came back much sharper!
Time will tell on the ring I purchased, as the pictures from the seller are terrible for details, but I have a very good feeling from what I've seen so far :)

The refurbishment sounds as if it was quit painless for you, that is awesome!!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see the ring StepCut!

My leon mege band made it here! I love it and it's so incredibly perfect with my Van Craeynest. Delicate and blingy and architectural without overwhelming. I just had to share a few photos I snapped with my phone. :)

vcl2.JPG

vcl3.JPG

vcleon.JPG

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
MTG-your new leon band is gorgeous!!! I love it with the VC, are you planning on them wearing together?

Today my ring arrived and it is indeed an 812 VC, it has been well loved and will really look great after she gets a once over :)

I will work on pics after she is somewhat clean. I don't think it ever had any milgraining , but it was antiqued. I think because the center stone is only 5mm and the ring is a size 7-I may either change out the center for something larger or ask about options for adding a little something to the ring when I send it in for some reworking ;-)

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Having a tough time posting pics today, not sure why-but will keep trying as it just keeps saying invalid???

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I think it worked this time :) All I can get for now, can't quit capture the sapphire color-but gives an idea at least!

VC 812 sapphire ring.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MTG...your rings are just gorgeous together!!! :love:

Stepcutnut! Where did you find that beauty??? The sapphire color looks beautiful!!! :appl:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
stepcutnut said:
I think it worked this time :) All I can get for now, can't quit capture the sapphire color-but gives an idea at least!
stunning!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
MakingTheGrade said:
Can't wait to see the ring StepCut!

My leon mege band made it here! I love it and it's so incredibly perfect with my Van Craeynest. Delicate and blingy and architectural without overwhelming. I just had to share a few photos I snapped with my phone. :)
your rings look great together!!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1329267471|3126396 said:
MTG...your rings are just gorgeous together!!! :love:

Stepcutnut! Where did you find that beauty??? The sapphire color looks beautiful!!! :appl:

Thanks! I purchased it from an estate dealer and the true sapphire color is super gorgeous, I wish I could capture it in photos!!!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Amys Bling|1329275713|3126466 said:
stepcutnut said:
stunning!!
Thank you, I am loving it-just wish the sapphire was larger :)

lereveur

Shiny_Rock
I hope no one minds me asking... I was wondering what the general price range for the Van Craeynest settings are? I don't want to message them and them laugh in my face :(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results