shape
carat
color
clarity

cushion and trillions ??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

suzanneblack

Rough_Rock
hi --

question -- we''ve now bought the center stone -- a beautiful perfectly 2.02 square cushion !!!
30.gif
-- i''m now trying to settle on the setting -- before buying the cushion, i was looking at princess cuts and wanted two trillion side stones (or maybe pears) -- now i''m wondering since i have the cushion, is that a normal setting tohave (i.e., cushion with trillions?) -- i''ve noticed a lot of people have the cushion with more of a michael b type design or solitaire setting --- any thoughts would be appreciated ! thanks ;-) everyone has been great on this site -- especially david atlas !! thanks again
41.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
whoa nelly................tell us about the stone first and NO trillions..........too much opposing sparkle.--step cut half moons or preferably a micro-pave'd mounting with no sides......split shank INSTEAD

suzanneblack

Rough_Rock
hi -- stone is F, SI1 (very very clean) -- 7.52 x 7.52 -- depth 61 -- table 69 (a bit large by some accounts, but very very very pretty !!) --- what does split shank mean ?? why is opposing sparkle bad ?? (help !!) ;-)
41.gif
thanks !!
Date: 11/29/2004 11:22:21 PM
Author: windowshopper
whoa nelly................tell us about the stone first and NO trillions..........too much opposing sparkle.--step cut half moons or preferably a micro-pave''d mounting with no sides......split shank INSTEAD

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
forgive me for being so blunt i am a frustrated wanna-be jewelry designer.........

cushions have this really antique-y look whether they are modern cushions or actually old stones--the shape, the rounded corners. the trillions are very contemporary, sharp little glittery triangles and have that intense crushed ice sparkle...........in other words too much going on....

i believe cushions should stand alone.............or be flanked by something that sets them off, and doesn''t compete with them...

a split shank....the band of the ring splits right about where it rises to where a side stone would be into a "Y"--the width of the "V" can vary of course but it is often seen pave''d with little diamonds

suzanneblack

Rough_Rock
no problem ;-)
split shank sounds like the "britney spears" engagement ring ? i think she got a cushion cut (of course way bigger !!) --- i saw a cushion and trillion and i like the way it looks across the finger ?? weird ?? i''m going to meet with the jeweler and see how trillions look (true trillions, not triangles) -- thanks for your thoughts -- do you have a cushion ?? if so, do you have a picture of your ring ?? thanks !!!

cushioncut

Shiny_Rock
Hello,

Post pictures of your diamond if you have any! I'd love to see it!

I think trillions could be pretty. I also really like pear sidestones with a cushion center stone. I think rounded sidestones, like pears, or cushions, would make the best sidestones. Sheilds are pretty too (see below -- are these the same as trillians?)

My favorite setting with a cushion is pave -- like WS suggested.

Good luck picking a setting, and be sure to post pics!

sheild.jpg

cushioncut

Shiny_Rock
Here''s another one MMM posted earlier -- these are trillions too, I think... Very pretty look.

mod2..jpg

suzanneblack

Rough_Rock
hi -- i really like that first one you posted -- where did you see that ?? is it posted somewhere ?? the side stones look like trillions (basically from what i understand, trillions are like triangles, but are a little "rounded" -- that''s why the jeweler said they would look good with the cushion -- rather than the triangle which would probably go better with the princess !

my ring is at the jewelers --- i''ll post when i get it ;-) thanks again -- any thoughts on whether the side stones need to be the same quality as the center stone ? my center is F color and i didn''t know whether i could go with a G instead ? the jeweler is of course saying "oh my god -- no way !!) -- hee hee ~~thanks

reena

Ideal_Rock
im embarrassed that i know this, but the first ring is from dahneandweinstein.com. they have lots and lots of cushion rings there so it's a good place to look for ideas. i'd also check out artofplatinum.com.

for the record i sort of agree with windowshopper--i think pear sides or half moon sides would be more complimentary to your cushion than trillions.

also i personally would not be at all concerned about putting G sidestones with an F stone.

good luck--can't wait to see what you end up with!

suzanneblack

Rough_Rock
thanks !! i like both of those sights ! so many decisions -- aagghhhhh !!!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
if someone has already suggested this excuse the duplication but have you seen the cartier cushion on their website.........all pave with stepped down sides with a row of large bead set diamonds flanking the cushion...............looks very very elegant and antique but different

sdm

Rough_Rock
Here''s the picture of the Cartier cushion ring already mentioned. www.cartier.com
I think that cushion cuts have become my new favorite
emlove.gif

H4140500_g1.jpg

suzanneblack

Rough_Rock
wowowwww -- that''s beautiful too --- i guess i could get a designer to do a duplicate ?

madarski

Rough_Rock
leon mege: www.artofplatinum.com

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
The side stones on the first ring posted are odd (in a lovely kind of way)....We''re not really sure what they are. They are kind of like flat bottom pears...definitely not something you can find everyday or even ever again!
7.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/1/2004 7:20:39 AM
Author: moremoremore
The side stones on the first ring posted are odd (in a lovely kind of way)....definitely not something you can find everyday or even ever again!
7.gif
Well... they''re a brand (link)

amorillion1.jpg

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Love that Cartier ring.

Would side stones look ok "added" to that shank?

suzanneblack

Rough_Rock
interesting thought -- i was thinking i like the first picture with the double prong on the center stone -- smaller trillion (which in my opinion, if "bowed" look very similar to the ones shown -- and then maybe a thinker shank with some pave (like the cartier) ? i don''t know ---

my other question is what type of wedding band do you use with that type of ring ? i thought maybe a very feminine, thin eternity band with pave ?? i guess with more of the cartier style, you possibly don''t need a band -- but my boyfriend would like me to have one
41.gif
thoughts ?? thanks !!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results