shape
carat
color
clarity

Who makes the best 3 sided pave wedding band???

mrb09

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I'm looking for a 3 sided micro pave wedding band. My engagement ring was made by Steven Kirsch, so that would be the natural selection for the band, however, I'm looking for your thoughts on the master of this style? SK, LM, WF, BGD, VC?? I've attached a pic of what I'm looking for. The one show is David Yurman, which isn't priced too high, when you start comparing prices for this style. Who would you use? Thank you for your thoughts!

3 sided pave.jpg

mrb09

Rough_Rock
for reference, the DY band is $3,500. seems to be inline w the others.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would have SK make it assuming you are happy with your e-ring. However, I would not do 3 sided pave if you plan on wearing it with your e-ring. You'll have diamonds scratching the surfaces they touch, and you'd almost have to wear a spacer band if you did go with 3 sided pave.

mrb09

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1318908361|3042516 said:
I would have SK make it assuming you are happy with your e-ring. However, I would not do 3 sided pave if you plan on wearing it with your e-ring. You'll have diamonds scratching the surfaces they touch, and you'd almost have to wear a spacer band if you did go with 3 sided pave.

She's planning on wearing the wedding band on the right and engagement on the left the majority of the time, I believe...so rubbing shouldn't be an issue.

mrb09

Rough_Rock
any other thoughts?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would say that SK, Leon, and Victor C are all masters of micropave. I am not sure we've seen that style band from any of them (except maybe Leon in the past), so you might want to ask them all for photos. I am glad she is not wearing the rings on the same hand, but you do need to know that micropave is delicate and not really suitable for daily wear, especially on the right hand. Just a little forewarning that we have read of people losing little stones on micropave pieces. It just depends on whether you want to deal with the maintenance.

mrb09

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1318999098|3043256 said:
I would say that SK, Leon, and Victor C are all masters of micropave. I am not sure we've seen that style band from any of them (except maybe Leon in the past), so you might want to ask them all for photos. I am glad she is not wearing the rings on the same hand, but you do need to know that micropave is delicate and not really suitable for daily wear, especially on the right hand. Just a little forewarning that we have read of people losing little stones on micropave pieces. It just depends on whether you want to deal with the maintenance.

Good point here, so I we do go with it, it better be someone who backs their work, and is easy to get to.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results