color
clarity

*~~~**~Crosses~**~~~*

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Canuk gal, thank you! I really like that one! And in the budget! I'll be honest though...I just love your Tiffany one! I have found a couple on Ebay around $1800 which I know is a decent price, but I would prefer to buy a used Tiffany thru a place like you posted or Signed Pieces or something you know? I am having IDJ quote me on their version but it isn't quite as round looking as the Tiff one. I'll keep searching!

Edited to add - Do you feel that your .5ctw one looks pretty substantial on? I don't want to go with too high of a carat weight on something like this because I want it to be noticeable but not over the top you know?? :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lizzyann|1312048521|2980582 said:
Canuk gal, thank you! I really like that one! And in the budget! I'll be honest though...I just love your Tiffany one! I have found a couple on Ebay around $1800 which I know is a decent price, but I would prefer to buy a used Tiffany thru a place like you posted or Signed Pieces or something you know? I am having IDJ quote me on their version but it isn't quite as round looking as the Tiff one. I'll keep searching!

Edited to add - Do you feel that your .5ctw one looks pretty substantial on? I don't want to go with too high of a carat weight on something like this because I want it to be noticeable but not over the top you know?? :)

LA:

Is Signed Pieces still around? I think they changed hands a few years ago and do not carry the same merchandise they once did.....

The .50 ctw. is the largest I would go in this style (for me). It is substantial and the stones are very beautiful! I think the chain is 16 inch and I like this length; of course that is a preference. Not OTT in the least.

I'll keep my eye out for you--perhaps that vendor also has a T & C cross on their website?

cheers--Sharon

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1312050563|2980605 said:

LA:

Is Signed Pieces still around? I think they changed hands a few years ago and do not carry the same merchandise they once did.....

The .50 ctw. is the largest I would go in this style (for me). It is substantial and the stones are very beautiful! I think the chain is 16 inch and I like this length; of course that is a preference. Not OTT in the least.

I'll keep my eye out for you--perhaps that vendor also has a T & C cross on their website?

cheers--Sharon

Ha ha!! Like minds....I already checked and they did not have a cross. You might be right about signed pieces. I have checked there a couple of times and they seem to mostly have watches, not much jewelry. Thanks for keeping an eye out for me! There is a Tiffany's an hour from me so I should try to get down there and try different sizes on. But I tried on a basic cross at a local jewelers that was about the size of yours and I really liked it so I think the .5cttw is going to be the way to go!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lizzyann|1312052896|2980627 said:

LA:

cheers--Sharon

Ha ha!! Like minds....I already checked and they did not have a cross. You might be right about signed pieces. I have checked there a couple of times and they seem to mostly have watches, not much jewelry. Thanks for keeping an eye out for me! There is a Tiffany's an hour from me so I should try to get down there and try different sizes on. But I tried on a basic cross at a local jewelers that was about the size of yours and I really liked it so I think the .5cttw is going to be the way to go!

welllll they do but it is a hummer!

http://oakgem.com/Products/Tiffany_(and)_Co_Platinum_Diamond_Cross_Pendant_Necklace_5084.aspx

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lizzyann|1311899137|2979361 said:
I love this thread!!!

I have a favor...if anyone owns the Roberto Coin tiny treasures cross, would you mind to post a neckshot to see some perspective. I really like the style but wonder if it will get lost on me. I'm 5'7", size 12. Are there any PS vendors that carry Roberto Coin?

I made a discovery-one I am quite overdue in making I must admit!-while looking for photos for you, lizzyann. The Roberto Coin Tiny Treasures cross comes in a multitude of sizes. I am not even sure that the various sizes of Tiny Treasures cross are consistently made the same sizes (for instance that there are always .10 carat total weight or .20 carat total weight diamond crosses always available to order)!

I found photos of Tiny Treasures crosses that were .11 carat size, .20 carat size, .39 carat size, etcetera. Obviously that means that if you want a larger cross, you can buy one! The cross pictured was adverized on a website that specified the color and clarity of the diamonds used in the cross, which I had never seen before. This cross is .45 carats.

Deb/AGBF
:read:

.45caratTinyTreasuresRobertoCoinCross.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am learning more about the Roberto Coin Tiny Treasures crosses. There are the baby crosses, which is what I gave my niece, which have .11 carats of diamonds. They cost about $480.00. Then there are the "thin crosses" which have .10 carats of diamonds, but are more expensive at about $600.00. There is a large baby cross with .20 carats of diamonds. There is a medium size cross with .39 carats of diamonds. The cross with .45 carats of diamonds is sold at Hyde Park Jewelers for $1,340.00 with H color SI1 clarity diamonds (graded by I don't know whom). It is also sold at Ross-Simons. I haven't looked up their price. The cross below is the Roberto Coin Tiny Treasures Thin Cross with .10 carats of diamonds in white gold. I will also post a picture of it in red gold.

AGBF

RobertoCoinTinyTreasuresThinCross.10carats.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the Roberto Coin Tiny Treasures Thin Cross in red gold.

Deb/AGBF

RobertoCoinThinCross.10caratsrosegold.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found this photo on the Ross-Simons website, which gives the exact specs of the cross. I found these helpful in determining the exact size of the cross. In my opinion, it is similar in carat weight to the .50 carat Tiffany cross at a much better price. But chacun a son goût!

http://www.ross-simons.com/products/004542.html

Deb/AGBF

zoomphotoRobertoCoin.45caratcross.jpg

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF|1311875199|2979059 said:
NeverEndingUpgrade|1311809438|2978379 said:
Well, I went back to cross-shopping, posted a thread asking for opinions on two other crosses I was looking at, and AGBF reminded me of the Single Stone cross, which was now happily on sale.

I wish I could take credit for having that eagle eye, but it was kelpie who remembered the wonderful cross you ended up buying!!!

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF

I stand corrected!!! But judging by the wonderful variety of crosses in this thread, Kelpie isn't the only one with the eagle eye - :lol:

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1312145289|2981200 said:
I found this photo on the Ross-Simons website, which gives the exact specs of the cross. I found these helpful in determining the exact size of the cross. In my opinion, it is similar in carat weight to the .50 carat Tiffany cross at a much better price. But chacun a son goût!

Deb/AGBF

This is a great option AGBF! Thank you for finding this! it looks almost exactly like the Tiff's one! Just 18k white gold vs platinum which is a great way to save some $$. I would imagine the diamonds would be decent quality wouldn't you think? Where did you buy your nieces cross? I wonder if any PS vendors like Pearlman's carries this line or is it mostly found at Nordstrom's and other high end retailers. Just wondering if I could get a PS discount somewhere too! Thanks!!!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1312134926|2981125 said:

LA:

cheers--Sharon

welllll they do but it is a hummer!

http://oakgem.com/Products/Tiffany_(and)_Co_Platinum_Diamond_Cross_Pendant_Necklace_5084.aspx

cheers--Sharon

Yeah, I totally saw that bad boy and definitely not in the budget!!!! ha ha! Probably way too blingy for me anyways!!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lizzyann|1312155693|2981279 said:
AGBF|1312145289|2981200 said:

This is a great option AGBF! Thank you for finding this! it looks almost exactly like the Tiff's one! Just 18k white gold vs platinum which is a great way to save some $$. I would imagine the diamonds would be decent quality wouldn't you think? Where did you buy your nieces cross? I wonder if any PS vendors like Pearlman's carries this line or is it mostly found at Nordstrom's and other high end retailers. Just wondering if I could get a PS discount somewhere too! Thanks!!!

I can't recall where I got my niece's cross, lizzyann. I had gotten her younger sister's charm bracelet at Tiffany's, where I pick up a lot of little gifts for close friends and family, so I went to their website to see if they carried Roberto Coin, but saw they didn't. I tried going into my e-mail and checking through what I had left for Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus. I didn't see any e-mails showing I had bought it at either store, but I may very well have done so. Where I bought mine doesn't really much matter, though. It seems highly likely that some Pricescope vendor carries Roberto Coin. I will take a look around and see if anyone jumps out at me as carrying the line. I remember reading that no one discounts it, but may not apply to a Pricescope discount!!!

http://www.jrdunnblog.com/category/roberto-coin/

Deb/AGBF

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1312174906|2981438 said:
It seems highly likely that some Pricescope vendor carries Roberto Coin. I will take a look around and see if anyone jumps out at me as carrying the line.

Well, at first glance, no suspects leap to the fore! I did not, immediately, find any featured Pricescope vendor who carried Roberto Coin crosses although I picked several likely candidates from the list and ran searches on their websites. That doesn't, of course, mean that one or more vendors don't carry the line or would not not be able to obtain a Roberto Coin cross, it just means that one did not leap out at me!

During my search, as so often happens, I found something else that was lovely, however. At one of the vendors' sites, I found this lovely cross. I just had to share it with you!!!

Deb/AGBF

MarkBroumardCross.50carat.jpg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much for all your help AGBF! The one that IDJ does is below. They quoted me $1375 for a 1.1ctw. However, I find the prongs not as dainty looking as the Tiffany or the Roberto Coin. But it could just be the pic! but basically the same price for double the carat weight. Definitely taking this into consideration. I have asked them to also quote me in .5ctw as well! I'll keep you posted!
http://idjewelryonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_39&products_id=4227

They also have this one which is very pretty but I was advised that the quality of diamonds is not going to be as nice as their above cross. But I really do like the style!
http://idjewelryonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_39&products_id=2013

I might get in touch with Pearlman's as they carry a lot of designer styles. Maybe they might be able to quote me on the RC cross!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LA:

cheers--Sharon

Are you still in the market???

http://oakgem.com/Products/Tiffany_(and)_Co_Platinum_Diamond_Cross_Pendant_Necklace_6298.aspx

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I couldn't help but take a look, Sharon. Very, very nice, I must admit!

Deb

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1317955384|3035057 said:

LA:

cheers--Sharon

http://oakgem.com/Products/Tiffany_(and)_Co_Platinum_Diamond_Cross_Pendant_Necklace_6298.aspx

cheers--Sharon

Yes, I am and I totally saw this! But, I'm not sure if I am ready to part with the $2000 for it yet! I have been looking for cheaper replicas but no one does this setting as beautiful as Tiff's!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lizzyann|1318006359|3035390 said:
canuk-gal|1317955384|3035057 said:

LA:

cheers--Sharon

cheers--Sharon

Yes, I am and I totally saw this! But, I'm not sure if I am ready to part with the $2000 for it yet! I have been looking for cheaper replicas but no one does this setting as beautiful as Tiff's!

Prolly not your cuppa--but HEY! I'm tryin :bigsmile: ;))

http://oakgem.com/Products/Hearts_On_Fire_My_First_Multi_Diamond_Cross_18K_Gold_Charm_Pendant_6395.aspx

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been looking for a cross for my daughter's birthmother. I need to buy one from someone who will ship to Colombia. Finally I remembered a website where I had seen a lot of very pretty, feminine crosses I had liked that were executed in precious metals but that were not prohibitive in price. I looked up this thread to see the name of the website, but when I clicked on it, it said it was no longer on eBay! So I did an Internet search and, sure enough, Athena's Treasures exists, but now has a website. I thought I would post the link. Now I want to look for a cross as a Christmas present for my daughter's birthmother! If anyone sees anything lovely, please post it!

I was thinking of something small and exquisite, but not something set with precious gems. One tiny ruby in it would be lovely. I can't afford to go over about $300.00.

http://www.athenas-treasures.com/

Deb/AGBF

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1323978865|3082344 said:
AGBF, there is a cross at Pearlmans in 18K yellow gold for a little over your budget at $375:
http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/religious-jewelry/necklaces/35LL3/

Thank you for posting, pregcurious. I visited Bill's site and enjoyed it as usual! I also visited the James Avery site, where I saw many thing I would have loved to buy. I have to be aware that if I have a manufacturer ship something in, she may end up paying some high amount of customs duty on it! I really don't want that to happen!

I have looked on eBay and found two crosses that are already on chains that I like. One has the feel of a Christmas ornament to me, very colorful. The other is more serious. I think I have already decided which I prefer, but I would be interested in your opinions! I know that the gems are not worthy by Pricescope standards, but I have rejected many, many gems for being synthetic. (Those I would never use in a piece of jewelry I was giving!) If I want any gem accents, I can't have D colored IF clarity ideal cut stones!

Deb/AGBF

TheChristmasLook.jpg

The SeriousLook.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would like to know whether people prefer the ruby cross pictured above (which was the one I was about to buy) or the aquamarine cross pictured below. I started to like the more ethereal look of the aquamarines with just the little hint of yellow gold offered by using the yellow, rather than the white gold, with the aquas. (I didn't like the yellow gold with the rubies.)

Opinions will be valued. Remember that I do not know my daughter's birthmother at all. I only know that she is a Catholic woman who has sent me a religious card on Christmas in the past. I believe that a feminine cross would be an appropriate gift for her on Christmas. (The other gift I had considered was a nativity bracelet.)

Deb/AGBF

aquamarineanddiamondcrossinyellowgold.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I should mention that I feel I should send a chain with the cross. That is one reason that the Pearlman's cross would have gotten expensive. It doesn't seem right to send a woman of simple means a pendant without the chain with which she is to wear it. I didn't want to send her black leather (a possibility on James Avery), either. I either wanted to execute a cross and chain in gold or get her the James Avery nativity bracelet in sterling silver.

Deb/AGBF

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I decided in the end to buy this cross for my daughter's birthmother. I bought a 14K yellow gold "lite rope" chain (18 inches long) on Overstock.com to hold it. They had a more delicate (and inexpensive) 16" chain for sale that appealed more to me, but I have a very slender neck and like delicate jewelry. Many people who bought that chain liked it because it was delicate; others hated it because it was (in their estimation), "cheap". So I decided to err on the side of caution and go for a sturdier and larger gold chain, although not one that would overwhelm the small cross!

Deb/AGBF

JamesAveryLaPrimaveraCross.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
ABGF, I prefer the cross you picked over the other ones. It's very thoughtful of you. Thanks for posting about the James Avery website. Their gold jewelery is well priced.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very sweet cross, Deb!!! What a sweet gift!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I have a couple to add to the thread. I already have the Roberto Coin tiny treasures cross that I pretty much leave on all the time. But I had been wanting one that is a little larger. So I got this Tiffany small cross for Christmas.

IMG_2804.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results