shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Princess Dagmar|1317764602|3033262 said:
The first photo is a good one of the Queen talking with the Aga Khan. Difficult to say about the brooch without seeing it more clearly. At a guess - it could be the middle brooch from the Crown Jewel belt set. That would be my best guess.
The second photo shows a diamond spray brooch with a black pearl drop. Possibly from Prince Henri. Just another guess as he
likes Tahitian black pearls.

I did search, but unfortunately I couldn't find a better photo from the evening :( I'm not convinced that it's the middle section of the Crown stomacher that The Queen wore.
I didn't know that The Prince Consort likes black pearls. If so, I'm surprised that his Daisy doesn't have any.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
While searching I found these two photos from the 60th birthday gala.
The first one is quite interesting to me - It shows the late Grand Duchess Joséphine-Charlotte wearing the diamond choker/tiara with pearl spikes. HRH's also wearing a long pearl necklace with pearndant, pearl pendant earrings and her grandmother's pearl and diamond brooch. Back to the tiara - this is only the second time I see it worn by sb else than the current Grand Duchess, Maria-Teresa.
0000297134-036.jpg
http://www.corbisimages.com/images/...e=67&uid=65f02813-7707-477d-b2d3-4d198d54fa8a

The second pic shows the Queens of Norway and Greece and the b'day boy in-between them. Sonja's wearing the second setting of the pearl tiara, a pearl choker with emerald anddiamond clasp, pearl pendant earrinfs and diamond bracelet; Anna-Maria with the antique pearl tiara, QF's long pearl and diamond earrings, her portion of QA's diamond necklace and the aqua pendant, also a pearl bracelet:
0000297134-042.jpg
http://www.corbisimages.com/images/...e=67&uid=7b1ed473-ae0e-4b47-bb48-2475cb75ca19

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Quen Beatrix, The Prince of Orange and Princess Maxima attended the opening of the renovated Raad van State (Council of State) in The Hague yeasterday.
The Queen wore a necklace of multi-coloured pearl with a pendant and matching earrrings:
PPE11100579.jpg

The Princess of Orange wore her mother-in-law's set of pink stone and diamond earrings and ring*
PPE11100593.jpg
PPE11100578.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2011/PPE11100593.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2011/PPE11100578.jpg

*Seeing HRH with the various pieces from the set, I wonder if it might've been a present from Bea to Maxima, perhaps for the 40th birhday. Thoughts?

Bobby

Princess Dagmar

Rough_Rock
All great pics Bobby. Of course you can use the pics of Marys brooches. Henri gave Mary a necklace of one row of black pearls and one row of white pearls as an engagement photo. She received a lot of pearls - earrings etc as wedding/engagement gifts. So it seems to me.
Queen Margrethe had a necklace of black and white pearls worn when young with them twisted. cheers :)

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Princess Dagmar|1317934920|3034822 said:
All great pics Bobby. Of course you can use the pics of Marys brooches. Henri gave Mary a necklace of one row of black pearls and one row of white pearls as an engagement photo. She received a lot of pearls - earrings etc as wedding/engagement gifts. So it seems to me.
Queen Margrethe had a necklace of black and white pearls worn when young with them twisted. cheers :)

Thanks, Dagmar! I'll ask later today about the brooches :)
I had forgotten about The Crown Princess' necklace, possibly because she doesn't wear it often (a shame, IMO). Mary also has a pair of earrings (and a pendant?) with gray pearls.
Do you have a photo of The Queen with her necklace? It sounds interesting.

Best,
Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
By the way, where's everybody? It seems like me and Princess Dagmar are the the only active posters on this thread in the past week... :confused:

Bobby

NSEB1958

Rough_Rock
I am here. Lurking as urual and reading about al the lovely jewels! And Appriciating all those that know the Royal Jewels! Keep up the great work!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Ever since the State Visit to Brasil I've been wondering about the earrings that Queen Silvia wore at the return banquet - at first I thought they might be Queen Victoria's floral earrings (a firm fav of HM), but they don't quite look like them... Any guesses would be helpful!
sxf2b980_3x2.jpg

Princess Dagmar

Rough_Rock
Good morning all, I was thinking the same as you Bobby. Where is everyone?
Okay first pic is Queen Margrethe in 1986 giving her new year speech wearing black and white pearls in a twisted fashion.
Second pic is of Prince Henris 4 rows pearls with pearl earrings. The pearls have a large sapphire clasp.
And then Henri gave her the 3 rows of pearls with gold fantasy figures and two sets earrings to go with it.
One set is large and the other is smaller with a pearl and ruby drop. For some reason the latest photo of the queen
wearing this set in Russia won't load for me. She is wearing the set with the large earrings in Russia. Glen says the fantasy
set was a 25 th anniversary gift from Prince Henri. And as Henri likes to give pearls - it seems - then I imagine he gave her
the twisted black and white pearls as well.
1986%20twisted%20black%20&%20white%20pearls.jpg
Qu%20Marg%20in%20USA%20Henri%20necklace%20&%20earrings.jpg
Qu%20Marg%20in%20USA%20Henri%20necklace%20&%20earrings.jpg

I am having all sorts of trouble this morning. For some reason the second pic won't load for me either. May try again.

Princess Dagmar

Rough_Rock
Trying again to load some photos.
Queen Margethes four rows of small and large pearls from Prince Henri with large sapphire & diamond clasp

4%20Qu%20Marg%20in%20USA%20Henri%20necklace%20&%20earrings.jpg 4%20four%20row%20pearls%20from%20Henri%20with%20large%20sapphire%20clasp.jpg

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
Love the picture of the three sisters. Hope they are all truly as happy as their smiles project.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1318098537|3036060 said:
I wonder what the brand of the watch is...

Patek Philippe.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Re. Princess Dagmar's photos:

It's a lovely necklace :) I really hadn't seen it before (and after).
It's also the first time I see the sapphire and diamond clasp of the four row pearl necklace and I think it'd be nice to see it worn in front, maybe with the sapphire earrings. Do you know on what occasion Henrik presented The Queen with the necklace? And weren't the pearl and diamond earrings a wedding present from him?
Here's a photo of Margrethe II wearing the fantasy set at the pre-wedding event for Princess Alexandra and Count Jefferson:
prewedd_alexandra_marg.jpg
HM has also worn the set with all of the popies and at the Silver Wedding anniversary with parts of the diamond aigrette/tiara and earrings. HM has used the central gold and ruby cluster as a brooch (unless it's a separate piece).
Here one can see how the second pair of earrings look:
daisyrubyearrings.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
laurensmama|1318189958|3036638 said:
Love the picture of the three sisters. Hope they are all truly as happy as their smiles project.

Yes, it's a nice photo of the sisters, though I'm not sure the occasion they were photographed at is the happiest in their life - visiting thir mother's grave on the 10th anniversary of her death. I hope the three sisters were remembering what a charming woman their mother was and theta made them smile :)

Bobby

ellenolanska

Rough_Rock
hello,
in respond to your question, judging by the color, it could have been jade, or blue agate, it can also be something else which the name just escaped me, will respond later after I recall the name

Princess Dagmar

Rough_Rock
Good morning Bobby, and thank you for the closeup of the smaller earring from the fantasy figure set belonging to the 3 rows of pearls.
The four rows of pearls with sapphire clasp -Glenn says was a birthday gift from Prince Henri. As to the twisted black and white pearls I have know idea of their provenance. Just assuming they might be from Henri, unless anyone knows differently.
cheers

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I think I had the same glasses as Queen Margarethe II in 1986! :lol:

When the Nobel Prizes were announced this week, I found out one of our staff member's husband worked with the one who won part of the medicine prize, but died 3 days before it was announced. She was really excited, so I'll be watching the Nobel Prizes this year not only for the jewels!

Speaking of school, my apologies for not posting much lately. It's been a crazy school year so far, and unfortunately not a particularly enjoyable one. :(( It's going to be a long haul until June...but I'll be here when I can!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1318239823|3036959 said:
Imdanny|1318235672|3036953 said:
prince.of.preslav|1318098537|3036060 said:
I wonder what the brand of the watch is...

Patek Philippe.

Thanks! I knew you might know :)

You're welcome! :wavey:

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
its killing me to see a BEAUTIFUL Patek nicked and scratched by the wire bracelets!The wire bracelets that are influenced by elephant hair jewelry and bracelets are cool but are way to casual to be worn for dress.Why is it that many royals want to pile on jewelry without regard to it being damaged.I guess when you have money then everything is replaceable.

Princess Dagmar

Rough_Rock
Re: Queen Sonja

Good morning Bobby,
Queen Sonja's earrings, pendant and ring look like they may be a matching set in Ruby or garnet. Therefore as a set may
be a birthday or anniversary gift perhaps!!
cheers

AmayasV

Rough_Rock
We got a brand new queen today.
Her Majesty the Queen Jetsun Pema Wangchuck ,the Queen consort of Bhutan. She marries to king Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck ,the fifth king of Bhutan on the 13th of October, 2011.

bhutan.jpg

bhutan%203.jpg

Welcome to pricescope royal jewels thread ,Your Majesty.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I'm with you there AmayasV! Here's my favorite pictures so far...

weddingbhutan1.jpg

weddingbhutan2.jpg

BubblyBear

Shiny_Rock
Daisy in twisted pearls??

Ran across this pic of HM and a concert/dinner yesterday. What is that necklace?

daisy%20pearls.jpg

AmayasV

Rough_Rock
2011, THE YEAR OF ROYAL WEDDING

royal%20wedding%201.jpg

royal%20wedding%202.jpg

royal%20wedding%203.jpg

royal%20wedding%204.jpg

royal%20wedding%205.jpg

royal%20wedding%206.jpg

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
each of those brides are stunning !

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
Just saw a tiny photo on the internet of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attending a reception at St. James Palace. Catherine is wearing a red dress and it looks like she has a necklace on. Doesn't anyone have a better pic of the jewelery? Thanks

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results