shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
These are very nice photos, AmayasV! The group photo on Britannia's board is new to me. I didn't know Princess Anne accompanied her parents during this State Visit.
Do you know if the sapphire/diamond tiara can be worn as a necklace? I've suggested that here before, but have never been able to find a definite answer.
I's strange to see that The Queen wore the same necklace and earrings at the second banquet and that The Empress wore two dresses in the same colour.
Also strange to see that in the third photo the Garter's riband has a Thistle green colour, while Queen Sirilit's sapphires are...blue.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Princess Dagmar|1316203563|3019029 said:
Good morning Bobby

So this means that Qu Margrethe has two differentsapphire brooches. One worn in Russia recently and the other worn to the twins xng.

No, Dagmar! The Queen wore the same brooch at the christening of the twins and in Russia (both times this year) - the one with the laurel-leaf and collet diamond borders.
Everything else with sapphires Margrethe II has are Queen Alexandrine's sapphires, but they are quite different in appearence. HM also enjoys a sapphire and diamond brooch in the form of fleur-de-lis from the family foundation.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Yesterday Princess Maxima of the Netherlands attended the opening of 60th World Music Concours in Kerkrade. Among the jewels worn by the Princess were her new gold and gem set bracelet (inscribed with the names of her daughters) and her large pearl and diamond ring. Not a winning combo, IMO, but lovely jewels in their own right.
Enjoy:
PPE11092241.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Sep2011/PPE11092241.jpg

Bobby

AmayasV

Rough_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1316775319|3023696 said:
These are very nice photos, AmayasV! The group photo on Britannia's board is new to me. I didn't know Princess Anne accompanied her parents during this State Visit.
Do you know if the sapphire/diamond tiara can be worn as a necklace? I've suggested that here before, but have never been able to find a definite answer.
I's strange to see that The Queen wore the same necklace and earrings at the second banquet and that The Empress wore two dresses in the same colour.
Also strange to see that in the third photo the Garter's riband has a Thistle green colour, while Queen Sirilit's sapphires are...blue.

Bobby

The queen wore a tiara as a necklace.

queen%208.jpg

Princess Dagmar

Rough_Rock
Re: Queen Margrethes sapphires

I see Bobby!! Would you happen to have a photo of the fleur de lis sapphire brooch that you mention?
cheers Dagmar

Princess Dagmar

Rough_Rock
Dear Bobby please disregard my previous post asking about the fleur de lis brooch of Queen Margrethe's. I believe it is this one that you were referring to. cheers
Qu%20Margrethe%20Fluer%20de%20lis%20brooch.jpg

Princess Dagmar

Rough_Rock
Re: Queen Margrethes fleur de lis sapphire brooch

Bobby please disregard my previous post. I believe you mean this brooch. Perhaps her French husband Prince Henri gave it to her. Qu%20Margrethe%20Fluer%20de%20lis%20brooch.jpg

BubblyBear

Shiny_Rock
norway-marthalouise.jpg

I'm intrigued by the necklace and earrings in this picture of HH Martha Louise of Norway. Anyone know what kind of stones these are?

Princess Dagmar

Rough_Rock
Just a suggestion; They look like moonstones to me, that Princess Martha Louise is wearing.

AmayasV

Rough_Rock
The Malaysian Royal Jewels

Tuanku Nur Zahirah is the Permaisuri of Terengganu, and the 13th and current Raja Permaisuri Agong (Queen Consort) of Malaysia

nur%20zahirah.jpg

nur%202.jpg

Princess Dagmar

Rough_Rock
Re:Malaysian jewels

All I can say is WOW! wow and wow! Beautiful jewels for a beautiful woman. Thank you for posting them. Their clothes are bright and beautiful even if they didn't wear jewels. Although HH could have chosen a different watch to wear with all that splendour.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Re: Queen Margrethes fleur de lis sapphire brooch

Princess Dagmar|1316829315|3024339 said:
Bobby please disregard my previous post. I believe you mean this brooch. Perhaps her French husband Prince Henri gave it to her. Qu%20Margrethe%20Fluer%20de%20lis%20brooch.jpg

Yes, that's the brooch I mean, Dagmar. But it most certainly dosn't come from the Prince Consort. As far as I know, the brooch was part of Queen Lovisa's extensive collection and she left it to the family foundation. There are photos of Queen Ingris wearing it.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
BubblyBear|1316830814|3024363 said:
I'm intrigued by the necklace and earrings in this picture of HH Martha Louise of Norway. Anyone know what kind of stones these are?

Yes, they are moonstones and diamonds. To me this jewel has a Victorian look. What do others think?

Bobby

Princess Dagmar

Rough_Rock
Re: Fleur de lis brooch

Queen Margrethe's sapphire fleur de lis brooch
Ah I see. I have not seen Qu Ingrid wearing it or Qu Margrethe wearing it in older photos. But then my data base of photos is not complete.
But thank s for the info. Can I take you back to the previous discussion of the sapphire brooch worn in Russia. You said her great grand mother owned and I was hoping you would clarify for me which Great Grand Mother.
cheers :wink2:

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock

Of course you can ask, dear Dagmar!
The great-grandmother I reffering to is The Duchess of Connaught. The sapphire brooch with the laural-leaf and collet diamond borders comes from her collection.

And here's a (poor) photo of Queen Ingrid with the f-d-l brooch, which I first saw only last year on The Queen (but have in mind that my database is also not complete):
203021.jpg

Bobby

Princess Dagmar

Rough_Rock

Thank you so very very much Bobby, for both the photo and the info. As brooches go it is a nice sample of the Fleur de Lis and glad it has passed down over the generations and we get to see it.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
You're welcome, Dagmar :)
Here's the best close-up I was able to find in my files:
danishfdlb.jpg

Bobby

Princess Dagmar

Rough_Rock
Re: Fluer de lis

Well Thank You kind sir for the close up. Now I want access to all your files Ha! Ha! :appl:
I am afraid I cannot make an intelligent comment on Martha Louise's sapphire ring. But I am sure someone else can.

Now can I ask you to have a look in your files to see if you have by any chance the Large corsage brooch that Queen
Margrethe wears of diamonds and pearls - old style - that is supposed to have been Cr Prss Margrethe's of Sweden.
It is broad at the top and tapers down to almost a V at the bottom. The Queen usually wears it at the throat - and not very
often. All the pics that I have of it are blurry.
22%20large%20pearl%20&%20diam%20corsage%20brooch%20was%20Cr%20Prss%20Marg%20of%20Sweden.jpg

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
In light of the recent wedding in Germany, could someone please share some of the jewels from the bride and groom's families? I have not seen or heard very much about them. What does the families still own, was sold off, etc. As always thanks so much.

shadowed_rain

Shiny_Rock
Laurensmama, I'd suggest that you start here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/german-and-austrian-royal-jewels-1621.html

Towards the end of the thread, many sparkling pictures from the event were posted, mostly with explanations as to who what wearing what jewels from which royal house. You also might try the Royal Jewels of the World Message Board, there were some lively discussions in the threads (they may now be on the second page).

Hope that helps!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Re: Fluer de lis

I'd love to help you, Dagmar :)

Here's a photo of Crown Princess Margaret wearing the brooch on her bodice:
5_12.jpg

and Queen Margrethe in a painting by Olaf Rude:
OlafRudeDrIngrid.jpg

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
And here are two more of The Queen with the brooch. It's a great pity that Margrethe II rarely wears this jewel, even at the grandest occasions. I think that her late mother, Queen Ingrid, was so much more open to experimenting new jewellery combinations.

At a gala in 2009:
85473491.jpg

At one of the New Year Courts; that year HM had to sit as she was having problems with the knees:
454654.jpg

Bobby

Princess Dagmar

Rough_Rock
Re: Crown Princess Margaret pearl & diamond corsage

Lovely photo of Crown Princess Margaret Thank you very much Bobby.
I do like this jewel and hope that Queen Margrethe wears it more often.
cheers

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
You're welcome, Dagmar :)

While we're still focused on the Danish jewels, I was wondering if something with be known ab9out these two broochs worn by Queen Margrethe II? The first one looks like a diamond bow with a pendant and was worn at Prince Henrik's 60th birthday; the second one was worn at the Bulgarian State Banquet in 2006:
0000297134-041.jpg

bgsv2006detail.jpg

Bobby

Princess Dagmar

Rough_Rock
The first photo is a good one of the Queen talking with the Aga Khan. Difficult to say about the brooch without
seeing it more clearly. At a guess - it could be the middle brooch from the Crown Jewel belt set. That would be my best guess.
101%20cj%20diamond%20belt%20set%20from%201840s.jpg
The second photo shows a diamond spray brooch with a black pearl drop. Possibly from Prince Henri. Just another guess as he
likes Tahitian black pearls.

Princess Dagmar

Rough_Rock
As you say - while we are on Danish jewels, does anyone have info on the history of these two brooches worn by Prss Mary in 2004 & 2006. The first is a leaf brooch of diamonds and emeralds worn during their first tour of Dk at Soenderborg in 2004.
The second brooch is a spray of sapphires and diamonds worn in 2006. I haven't seen the prss wear the first brooch since then. Nor the second.
Tour%20of%20Dk%20Soenderborg%202004%20Emerald%20brooch.jpg Sapphire%20&%20diamond%20brooch%202006.jpg

Princess Dagmar

Rough_Rock
This is a better photo of Cr Prss Mary's sapphire brooch in 2004. It just goes to show how different lighting can make a jewel look different. Marys%20Sapphire%20&%20Diamond%20spray%20brooch%2020004.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Princess Dagmar|1317766921|3033284 said:
As you say - while we are on Danish jewels, does anyone have info on the history of these two brooches worn by Prss Mary in 2004 & 2006. The first is a leaf brooch of diamonds and emeralds worn during their first tour of Dk at Soenderborg in 2004.
The second brooch is a spray of sapphires and diamonds worn in 2006. I haven't seen the prss wear the first brooch since then. Nor the second.[/img]

Thanks for the photos, Dagmar! Both brooches are nice and I've never seen them before. Strange that HRH han't worn them since...

PS: Can I use links to your photos on another board to ask for some info?

Bobby

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results