shape
carat
color
clarity

Adoption Thread

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IG, my heart is breaking for you. I cannot even begin to imagine what you and your DH are feeling. I hope that someday Avery is aware of just how much she was wanted. I'm so sorry that your relative is so insensitive. That was a terrible thing to say.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Big hugs IG. :((

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Oh IG-I am so sorry! Words can't express how my heart goes out to you! You have so much grace and love and I know that you will be an amazing mom and that there is a very special child out there for you! My heart is hurting for you right now and I am praying for peace and comfort for you in this excruciatingly difficult time.

I hope that your friends and family can give you support IRL (and that your insensitive relative keeps their mouth shut! :nono: :angryfire:

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no...I'm so sorry.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry, IG.

Big hugs to you and your hubby.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IG, I am so sorry. I am really heartbroken for you. :blackeye: Thinking of you and your DH today.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
IG, I'm so sorry to hear, my friend. I hope you'll find lots of support and love to help you through this. I'm sure nothing can be said to help, but do know you have a lot of friends here on PS that are thinking about you and your DH. You're an amazing woman, and your grace and love and resilience is truly inspiring. Lots of hugs, love, and prayers to you.

~LC

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
IG~ I'm so very sorry for your loss. I can somewhat understand what you're going through because the same thing happened to my friend twice. Two times the birth moms came back for the babies. Then one blessed day the baby that was supposed to be hers finally found her. I pray for comfort for all of you and I pray that your baby will make his/her way to you.

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
IG my heart hurts for your heart. I am so sorry.

lili

Ideal_Rock
IG--
*hugs* my heart aches for you and your husband.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
IG I am so very sorry. You are so gracious. Your baby is out there.. Prayers for you and your DH during this difficult time. HUGS.

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Home sweet home!

Thank you all again, I'm so touched by all of your support. DH and I talked and cried quite a bit last night. We decided to take some time to heal and freeze our contract with our agency for the next 6 months. We'll evaluate how we feel about going forward at that time.

In the meantime, I'm trying to focus on all the good things in my life and all the things we can easily do while we're still childless. We made lots of plans for the next few months including a trip to St. Thomas...so looking forward to it! :))

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
IG, I am saddened to hear of Avery's mother's decision. We can only hope that little Avery will be well-taken care of and will someday know how much she was wanted by two "mothers." I must say that you are just amazing. I am so glad that you are going to take a bit of a break and treat yourself to a much-deserved getaway. When you are ready there are many other avenues to explore, but for now just take care of yourself. Again, I'm so very sorry. It's too much to ask of someone to go through such heartbreak twice in a matter of months.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
IG, I am in awe of the grace you and your husband posess. My very best to both of you, and may you find peace In the midst of heartbreak and turmoil. Avery is lucky to be loved by you.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
IG-I hope that the coming months are full of healing and peace (and fun!:) and that you have a break from this heartwrenching rollercoaster.

We're still in Addis, still waiting...hoping for good news today or tomorrow about B's visa, but at this point I am so annoyed with our agency and their incompetence I am just assuming something will go wrong!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IG, I am so sad for you and DH. I hope that life slows down for you and allows you to catch your breath after a very difficult few months. You, my friend, deserve some happiness and rest.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry, IG. Thinking of you...

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Well...yesterday morning it looked like we were going to be here for another 1-3 months...but it turns out it was an internal miscommunication at the embassy and today if all goes well we will fly home tonight. Praying that everything goes smoothly!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bella_mezzo|1316506030|3021222 said:
Well...yesterday morning it looked like we were going to be here for another 1-3 months...but it turns out it was an internal miscommunication at the embassy and today if all goes well we will fly home tonight. Praying that everything goes smoothly!

Wow! Great news! I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Bella_mezzo|1316506030|3021222 said:

Bella that is awesome news! I'm keeping everything crossed for you! :appl:

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I have B's visa and passport in hand...we are coming home tonight!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Bella_mezzo|1316524839|3021275 said:
I have B's visa and passport in hand...we are coming home tonight!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

YAAAAAAAAY!!!!!! I'm thrilled for you all! :appl:

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Bella! Yay! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock

YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!

You guys must be over the moon! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl: :appl: Bella!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Yay!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: I'm so happy for you!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, Bella! Congratulations! All the best bring home your lson! Take care and enjoy every minute of the moments introducing him to his new home! Welcome, B!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

How thrilling!!!!!!!!!!!!! Travel safe and well!

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When we returned from Colombia with our daughter, we attended the annual LAPA (Latin American Parents Association) Welcome Home Party in January. Everyone who had adopted that year came with their babies and was feted by the other members. And all the new parents received plaques, sex appropriate plaques, welcoming their children. Ours read:

"Born for us in another land, chosen for us by God’s guiding hand, our prayers are now answered, the waiting’s now past, our dear little daughter is here, home at last.”

I thought I'd make one for Bella and B., although theirs will have to be virtual! Welcome home, B!

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF
:read:

Born for us in another land, chosen for us by God’s guiding hand, our prayers are now answered, the waiting’s now past, our dear little son is here, home at last.

InternationalChildren.jpg

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Bella! I bet you can't wait to be back in the US of A with your little man :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Have a safe trip and we will see you when you are back home.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
IG - I am sorry that I didn't write sooner, but I have been MIA for a bit. I am not quite sure what to say and I know that nothing can really express how very sorry I am, but please do know that I will be praying for you too. I can't even imagine going through everything you have been through so far, but the grace and optimism you have shown is incredible. Please know that I wish you nothing but good fortune and hope that God will grant you a baby soon through one way or another. I send you a HUGE hug

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results