shape
carat
color
clarity

BGD Custom Ring

kemilyon

Rough_Rock
(Repost - logos removed)

Since purchasing her diamond from BGD in March (with a lot of help from many of you!) my fiance and I finally designed a ring taking her favorite elements from two designer rings she liked. The design team at BGD did an amazing job, I may be biased but this is one of the most beautiful rings I have ever seen in person. The pictures do it no justice. Hand shots to come soon.

BrianGavin_Halo7b_083111.jpg

BrianGavin_Halo1b_083111.jpg

BrianGavin_Halo2b_083111.jpg

BrianGavin_Halo3b_083111.jpg

kemilyon

Rough_Rock
And more...

BrianGavin_Halo4b_083111.jpg

BrianGavin_Halo5b_083111.jpg

BrianGavin_Halo6b_083111.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Absolutely beautiful! I love the work BGD do, especially on custom work. I can't wait to see hand shots of that blinging ring! What are the stats on the diamond?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
beautiful ring! i love that you and your fiancee designed it together :) looking forward to handshots!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its lovely! Congratulations!

kemilyon

Rough_Rock
Maisie|1314901505|3007572 said:
Absolutely beautiful! I love the work BGD do, especially on custom work. I can't wait to see hand shots of that blinging ring! What are the stats on the diamond?

1.72 CW BGD "Blue"
AGS 0
Color: I
SI2 (very eye clean, inclusions really just twinning wisps)
Storng blue fluorescence

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that halo! Awesome! We need real life pictures and hand shots stat.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
beautiful~ you did great. now we need hand shots! :bigsmile:

kemilyon

Rough_Rock
Dreamer_D|1314902932|3007599 said:

It's funny because I love halos, my fiance Sara hates them, so we settled for this which is actually a cushion shaped "bloom" as Tacori calls it. Really just a low, understated halo effect. She loves it though. :appl:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks spectacular!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful ring!!!

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
kemilyon|1314904255|3007613 said:
Dreamer_D|1314902932|3007599 said:

It's funny because I love halos, my fiance Sara hates them, so we settled for this which is actually a cushion shaped "bloom" as Tacori calls it. Really just a low, understated halo effect. She loves it though. :appl:

My first thought when I saw the halo in your 1st pic is that it totally reminded me of the Tacori halo where is just "peeks" right behind the stone, which I looove!

Congrats to you and your fiancee!

Just_Ducky

Rough_Rock
Wow! That is gorgeous! :appl:

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Wow - can't wait to see hand shots!

kemilyon

Rough_Rock
Hand shots may be a little delayed...Sara had to leave soon after we unpackaged the ring, and called me 30 minutes later to tell me there is a 3-4mm scratch on the bottom of the shank! :o

She said it is very shallow but can be seen in indoor lighting from 2 feet or so away...I haven't seen it yet (I was too distracted by everything else to even look at the bottom of the shank when we unpackaged it). I really have no idea what could have caused it, although I fully expect some dings and such over time being cast in 950 platinum which is very soft, especially given how wide the shank is. I guess we shall see, BGD is excellent to work with and I have already spoken with them, we just need to capture it in a photo if possible to show them. I had initially preferred to do the ring in gold, but they recommended platinum due to the significant amount of metal in this ring. I know both alloys have their pluses and minuses, so in the end I was really just on the fence.

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
kemilyon|1314919738|3007803 said:
Hand shots may be a little delayed...Sara had to leave soon after we unpackaged the ring, and called me 30 minutes later to tell me there is a 3-4mm scratch on the bottom of the shank! :o

She said it is very shallow but can be seen in indoor lighting from 2 feet or so away...I haven't seen it yet (I was too distracted by everything else to even look at the bottom of the shank when we unpackaged it). I really have no idea what could have caused it, although I fully expect some dings and such over time being cast in 950 platinum which is very soft, especially given how wide the shank is. I guess we shall see, BGD is excellent to work with and I have already spoken with them, we just need to capture it in a photo if possible to show them. I had initially preferred to do the ring in gold, but they recommended platinum due to the significant amount of metal in this ring. I know both alloys have their pluses and minuses, so in the end I was really just on the fence.

Unfortunately, that's the nature of plat. :sick: Some expect it & don't mind it. Actually appreciate it. Others hate it. This thread here talks about another poster having many many scratches after just a few hrs of wear from being polished like new. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/disappointed-with-platinum.165047/

I'm not sure it would be worth it to send it back to BGD for polishing (unless you are local). Because if the scratches bother you & your fiance, you may find yourself needing to get it polished often. So a trusted local jeweler can be employed for that task.

I'm so sorry for your disappointment with the setting.

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! I love BGD's work. Can't wait for handshots!

kemilyon

Rough_Rock
I looked at the ring again with a powerful LED light after Sara wore it for the day and the "scratches" that she noticed are extremely minor...I don't know if you all can relate but it's similar to the swirl marks that you can see from certain angles on a black car, even if the car was waxed/polished with high quality products. I took some very quick hand shots that I will post, and will take some better ones later.

kemilyon

Rough_Rock
A few hand pics

These aren't the best pics (and my camera is just average at best) but I will post some better ones soon.

SR1.JPG

SR2.JPG

SR3.JPG

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Very cool halo, I have not seen one like that.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! I especially like the two strips of shiny platinum on the shank. I love the look of a little shiny metal to break up the
pave! It looks beautiful on your girl too!

kemilyon

Rough_Rock
luv2sparkle|1314969890|3008177 said:
Very pretty! I especially like the two strips of shiny platinum on the shank. I love the look of a little shiny metal to break up the
pave! It looks beautiful on your girl too!

Yes we do too! It prevents that "hammered metal" look that pave can sometimes have.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks awesome.

Don't sweat the scratches. Just let them build up and you will have a patina soon enough ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results