shape
carat
color
clarity

My sister''s asscher (sq emerald)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock

The full thread can be found here, but thought I'd post the ring picture here in its proper place. ;-)

.87 carats square emerald (generic asscher) from Whiteflash
G, VS2
Table: 63 (Sarin:62.2) Depth: 66 (Sarin: 66.4)
Crown height: 15.6%
30.gif

5.39 x 5.38 x 3.58

Set in white gold temporary setting.
fligring.jpg

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
That''s beautiful! Its such an elegant look. She''s going to love it.

Did you help your sister''s soon-to-be pick it out?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Thanks VA! Oops, I forgot to post the original saga:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/asscher-square-emerald-quest.21147/

The short answer is, no, my sister ended up picking the stone herself after I helped her clarify what she wanted and what to the tell the jeweler and steered her toward Whiteflash. (We also tried a few other jewelers I trusted but Whiteflash was the only one who had what she wanted.) Her boyfriend/fiance is a darling, but it was so much easier on him and us to just take charge. ;-)

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
You did a good job guiding her, sis! That is a beautiful Asscher. I'm guessing that she's going to go for another setting, but I think it looks great even as is.

My husband is in the same boat...when me and my sis are together, he washes his hands of the situation and lets us do whatever. It's easier that way.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s really lovely! And I simply adore Asschers.

What size is her finger and when can we see some hand pics?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! The ring is a 4.75. I don''t know when we''ll get hand picts, but if she doesn''t send some to me I see if I can take some when I see her at Thanksgiving.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful diamond. Asschers are sure more and more intriguing every time I look at one. . .

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and ideally the final setting will be one with tapered baguettes (she really likes those) but with double claw prongs (like a Leon Mege). I think the double claw prongs will really delineate the octagonal outline. However, I think if she ends up doing that we''ll need it custom made.

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/15/2004 5:19:10 PM
Author: Hest88
Oh, and ideally the final setting will be one with tapered baguettes (she really likes those) but with double claw prongs (like a Leon Mege). I think the double claw prongs will really delineate the octagonal outline. However, I think if she ends up doing that we''ll need it custom made.

Nice asscher
1.gif
1.gif
I think the tapered baguettes are a very elegant complement to emerald cuts and the double claw prongs will really make it special
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
That''s a beautiful stone! And I love the setting idea!
36.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I''m so happy! She got the ring and says she''s amazed by how it flashes. She''s bringing it to a B&M today to compare it to another stone she had previously looked at, so we''ll see how it compares.

reena

Ideal_Rock
beautiful. i just love, love, love asschers. (especially with claw prongs.) i think they''re so classy. i''m glad to hear that she loves the ring!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/15/2004 5:19:10 PM
Author: Hest88
Oh, and ideally the final setting will be one with tapered baguettes [...] I think if she ends up doing that we''ll need it custom made.
Then... you may wnat to show her This_page. The Asscher settings at NiceIce are real cuties, and there is one darling with baguettes and one with traps that may fit the bill evern better as well.
4.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Wow. I have fallen behind on some of these threads. THAT RING IS GORGEOUS. I LOVE IT!! I really like Asschers. they''re so unique.

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
Wow that is one beauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuitful ring. What a stunning stone so very very classy and stylish
36.gif

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
WOW! I love it! Asschers are so spectacular, the more i see them the more i want one. Its just beautiful.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow...asschers are just so classy! The more I see of them, the more I want one of my own. They really just draw your gaze in and hold it....mesmerizing.

And I love it in the temporary setting!
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results