shape
carat
color
clarity

At Last!!! My Fiance's 2.70ct Leon Mege Solitaire Ring!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: At Last!!! My Fiance's 2.70ct Leon Mege Solitaire Ring!!

aquanaut|1313886147|2995325 said:
pregcurious|1313632449|2993042 said:
How about a blingy channel set eternity band, or a bead set band with a milgrained edge? Both will protect your ering from the diamonds rubbing against it, and they're very versatile. For future anniversaries, you can gift unique rings to stack with the wedding set. "Beverley K" on Pearlman's site (http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/beverley-k-jewelry/rings/; bottom of this page) has a bunch these thin bands, and they are also popular with PSers. Here's an example:

Yes, we do like that one a lot (but maybe minus the milgrain, we prefer cleaner lines)! Thank you so much for suggesting it?

Do you know where we can see Beverly K bands in Manhattan?

I am also attaching a picture of another band I saw in a different thread that we like.

The last band that you posted is a beautiful band - so delicate - wonder how wide it is?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just in case your looking for the link to the ring with the alternating baguettes, I have posted the URL below:
http://www.soniabdesigns.com/viewItem.asp?idProduct=1808

It's very delicate and probably not well-suited for every-day wear. When I bought mine over a year ago, it was almost $200 cheaper, and at that price, I wasn't too concerned about wear and tear. If the list price then was what it is now, I probably would not have purchased it.

If you like the Beverly K band, ID Jewelry has a similar one at a competitive price.

http://idjewelryonline.com/product_info.php?products_id=508&cType=

They can make it anyway you like - full, 3/4, half eternity, or +/- milgrain. If you call ID, tell them you're a pricescope member. :)

aquanaut

Shiny_Rock

PintoBean|1313891100|2995380 said:
Just in case your looking for the link to the ring with the alternating baguettes, I have posted the URL below:
http://www.soniabdesigns.com/viewItem.asp?idProduct=1808

It's very delicate and probably not well-suited for every-day wear. When I bought mine over a year ago, it was almost $200 cheaper, and at that price, I wasn't too concerned about wear and tear. If the list price then was what it is now, I probably would not have purchased it.

If you like the Beverly K band, ID Jewelry has a similar one at a competitive price.

http://idjewelryonline.com/product_info.php?products_id=508&cType=

They can make it anyway you like - full, 3/4, half eternity, or +/- milgrain. If you call ID, tell them you're a pricescope member. :)

Thanks for all of the above information, PintoBean. We like the SoniaB design one but would want the wedding band to be full eternity.

Perhaps, we can have Leon Mege or another jeweler make something like that and improve on the durability.

They key is for the wedding band to be clean so it matches the ER.

I'm also attaching another recent photo :naughty:

IMG_2413.jpg

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock

Love love love!!! I can't wait to see it with the wedding band!

dogmama

Shiny_Rock

It's beautiful!! Aquanat what's the mm width of the shank?

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock

I love your ring! :love: It looks sooo elegant. You did a fantastic job picking it out. 2.70 is huge, H color, wonderful, and VS2 clarity, wow! She is a very lucky gal. I too, can't wait to see what wedding band you decide on!
And keep the photos coming!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have never seen a stone with such clear and precise faceting! A true classic beauty! It is STUNNING!!! :love: :love: :love:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

I love the JbEG versions!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock

Perfection! He is an artist.

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock

I couldn't find where you posted the specs on your stone. (table, depth, pav, crown). Did you post them?

aquanaut

Shiny_Rock

Thank you EHR2009, rhbgirl24, lilythesplitfire, hearts-arrows_girl, cushioncutnut, tacoriE-ring for the kind words!!!!!

Diamondseeker2006, my gratitude to you as well for the suggestions and the JBEG link. Those are very beautiful!

To answer some questions:

1. The shank is 2mm

2. Specs:
Table: 57
Depth: 60.6
Crown: 34.5
Pavilion: 41
Star: 60%

I shall add that I had a lot of trouble finding a diamond between 2.60-2.99 cts with superior cut.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I never tire of looking at that gorgeous ring!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock

what a gorgeous ring! leon does create some killer settings! i STILL love his claw prongs. they're the best! congrats!!

aquanaut

Shiny_Rock

My fiance sent me an email today saying that there is a "fire in her library" where she is studying :errrr:

http://vimeo.com/28506483

Hope you're not sick of looking at this ring yet!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock

aquanaut|1314974908|3008246 said:
My fiance sent me an email today saying that there is a "fire in her library" where she is studying :errrr:

getting sick of looking at a beautiful diamond ring??? are you crazy? :bigsmile:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

Id love to be caught in that fire. :love:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

it's tough to stop looking!!!!!! Another vote for the bezel band.

slg47

Ideal_Rock

aquanaut|1314974908|3008246 said:

I'm not sure if I could study with that huge rock on my finger :cheeky:

aquanaut

Shiny_Rock

Hello again everyone!! :wavey:

This weekend my fiance and I went again to look at some wedding bands.

The first, is the cartier that I have mentioned in the past. I am attaching an actual photo of it together with the e-ring. We think this is a strong contendor, goes very fluidly with the ring, but may be just a tad too "matchy." What do you think?

The second, unfortunetely, we weren't able to photograph in store, is a HW alernating round brilliant/emerald cut eternity band. This one is more unique but we will have to come back to look at it again. I personally love it, but she is unsure.The price point at HW for this ring is very high, so if we decide on this one, I'd probably have someone make something very similar. Do you think it's doable?

Lastly, one flower shot of the ring : )

cartier wedding band.jpg

flower.jpg

Attachments

• HW bar set round.emerald band.bmp
    58.8 KB · Views: 863

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock

My vote is the alternating round/baguette ring. Gorgeous!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

The classic HW, made elsewhere. A leon version or something even.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

a beautiful classic!!... :love: :appl:

aquanaut

Shiny_Rock

Dancing Fire|1316641550|3022441 said:
a beautiful classic!!... :love: :appl:

Thank you, DancingFire!!

I have been doing research on re-creating the HW bar set, and it's proving a bit difficult as it doesn't seem to be a common style.

The version that BGD sent me as an example of what they can make, looked much bulkier and I'm afraid it wouldn't look the right way.

Perhaps, I should contact Leon or Steven.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I really like that Cartier band - it does look much different on the hand than it did in the picture. It is a clean band - the only troubling thing with multiple shapes or whatever is too many prongs - I like the sleekness of the Cartier with the ering.

stci

Ideal_Rock

Another WOW! Splendid!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

I think that I like the HW too, but seriously with a ring like that, duct tape would look stunning! :razz: It's a seriously amazing ring!

aquanaut

Shiny_Rock

Christina, LOL at your comment and thank you very much!

Stci, thank you for the compliment!

MissGotRocks, my fiance decided against the Cartier band this weekend, because it appears too matchy to us. As if, It goes way too perfectly with the ring.

As far as the HW alternating bar set, we still need to go see it.

However, my fiance is now leaning towards a simple channel set 2.5mm band with round diamonds. After much effort of trying to find something "different" and "interesting" she is now saying that after the initial couple of months pass, comfort takes #1 priority, and all the bands with exposed diamonds poke into her fingers and aren't comfortable.

Below is a picture of the channel set from Tiffany. I am also eyeing the one from BGD, but am concerned that there are no holes underneath the ring, which will make cleaning the diamonds an absolute horror. I am suprised, BGD didn't account for this? Does anyone have that ring here?

Here is the link: http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/home/ring-details/?product_id=5402

channel.JPG

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock

ok first WOW your fiancee's engagement ring is STUNNING!!! :love: :love:

I love the idea of that channel set band as it is more comfortable and the diamonds in the band wont wear down the prongs of the engagement ring as exposed diamonds will. That being said yes it is harder to clean channel set bands and mine is no where near as sparkly as my moms prong set eternity band. Maybe to avoid the cleaning issue a good sonic jewelry cleaner will be able to keep it sparkly like no toothbrush and soapy water can =)

just my two cents......again WOW that diamond is mesmerizing!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results