shape
carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Omg the first day I'm away from home for weeks, and of course my ring is now landed in London! It's overtaken my Barry registered parcel, even though we purposefully delayed sending it so it wouldn't arrive when i was away. And I'm not back until Friday! Gah! :errrr: :rolleyes:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

Thanks natsplat. I am trying to figure out a good camera setup. I'm also having a heck of a time because this stone is a color shifter.

Can't wait to see your Barry stone!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I bought a Mexican fire opal from Paraiba International. I did not want a red one, I wanted an orange one, and had to look at the whole list on my Droid to see which looked most glowy. I bought it, it is not red, just intense orange. I think I have satisfied my craving for something orange for a while and the plan is to use either three small tsavorites or one of these stones (green diopsides) with the opal. Tsavorites would look better, I think...

opal.jpg

opalandgreen.jpg

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Crasru how yummy! I love the orange and a pear at that!

T

talamasca

natsplat|1313569493|2992472 said:
Omg the first day I'm away from home for weeks, and of course my ring is now landed in London! It's overtaken my Barry registered parcel, even though we purposefully delayed sending it so it wouldn't arrive when i was away. And I'm not back until Friday! Gah! :errrr: :rolleyes:

Oooo exciting!!! Will we get to see it yet?

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock

Tala: not my decision...! :errrr: :-o :oops:

Crasu: i love that fire opal so much. What a gorgeously intense shade...! :love:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I received this Merelani mint garnet yesterday from Gene and it is absolutely amazing!

3.21 carats, 8.5 mm, french button

mint garnet.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

Just home from a Roger Dery roundtable and this 5.59 ct Nambian citrine pear came with me. The orange color is amazing, and has red and orange flashes. When Roger passed several spess garnets around the table, I compared them to this citrine, and they had the same orange color. Of course, this stone is huge compared to the spess garnets that he had. It is 16 mm tall x 10 mm wide. I'm pretty sure it will be a pendant.

I'm attaching the photo from Roger's website.

Roger Dery Citrine.JPG

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock

Just needed a place to share this pic of my spess.

IMG_5587.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

BN, that mint garnet looks yummy! It almost looks deep enough to be a tsavorite. What are your plans for it?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I was going through some old things, and stumbled across two rings I thought I had lost, lol. One is a demantoid garnet and alexandrite cocktail style ring, the other is a demantoid solitaire. I'll post pics tomorrow. :)

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock

herekittykitty|1313958445|2995867 said:
Just needed a place to share this pic of my spess.

What ?!?!?!?!?
Where did THIS come from ?!?!?!?
I NEED to see MORE !!!! (or did I miss something?)

Everyone's stones and rings are soooo lovely !!!!! :love: :love: :love:

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock

Oh Shiney, I bought the ring at the Tucson gems how last year. The color is incredible in any light, but the stone has inclusions. But I love the color and the ring design.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

jstarfireb|1313972463|2996084 said:
BN, that mint garnet looks yummy! It almost looks deep enough to be a tsavorite. What are your plans for it?

Thank you! I've been wanting one of these for a long time, so when Gene went to Tucson, it was the the first stone I asked about. I was shocked at how beautiful it is!

My dream ring would be this Durnell setting in rose gold. The only problem is it's ...a little pricey. But you never know!

durnell 1.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Herekittykitty, your ring is beautiful! That spess looks to be a gorgeous shade of orange. I have one that has some visible inclusions as well but it's worth it for the amazing color.

What are the orange stones on the sides?

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock

baby nurse|1313977480|2996182 said:
Herekittykitty, your ring is beautiful! That spess looks to be a gorgeous shade of orange. I have one that has some visible inclusions as well but it's worth it for the amazing color.

What are the orange stones on the sides?

Some type of coral - Mediterranean I believe.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

baby nurse|1313977231|2996173 said:

Thank you! I've been wanting one of these for a long time, so when Gene went to Tucson, it was the the first stone I asked about. I was shocked at how beautiful it is!

My dream ring would be this Durnell setting in rose gold. The only problem is it's ...a little pricey. But you never know!

Show it to Daniel M and see if they can do a similar CAD?

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock

herekittykitty: that's amazing! I love how it is significant but still feminine. Finger shots please?

baby nurse: wow! I love it - and I can totally see it in the setting you posted too. Dan certainly might be worth a quote for a similar CAD - I remember he did a not totally dissimilar setting for drillsgtsgem:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-daniel-m-goodies.156131/page-4']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-daniel-m-goodies.156131/page-4[/URL]

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

jstarfireb|1313991009|2996321 said:
baby nurse|1313977231|2996173 said:

Show it to Daniel M and see if they can do a similar CAD?

Great idea, jstar. I was going to approach them about doing a couple of simple pendant settings and I think I will ask them about this ring, as well.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

natsplat|1314006723|2996379 said:
herekittykitty: that's amazing! I love how it is significant but still feminine. Finger shots please?

baby nurse: wow! I love it - and I can totally see it in the setting you posted too. Dan certainly might be worth a quote for a similar CAD - I remember he did a not totally dissimilar setting for drillsgtsgem:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-daniel-m-goodies.156131/page-4']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-daniel-m-goodies.156131/page-4[/URL]

Thank you, natsplat! You're right, it is similar to that pink asscher ring (sigh, love that pink stone!). I bet they could do something similar to it...

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

I love the Durnell setting. She has such a great twist on classic designs.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock

natsplat|1314006723|2996379 said:

IMG_1223_1.jpg

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock

OMG I couldn't love that ring MORE !!!! :love: :cheeky: :love: :cheeky:

T

talamasca

OMG HKK I luuuurrrrrrvvvveeeee your ring :love: :love: :love:

Pretty please can we have a side shot???

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock

talamasca|1314192932|2998163 said:
OMG HKK I luuuurrrrrrvvvveeeee your ring :love: :love: :love:

Pretty please can we have a side shot???

The setting has my fingerprints on it in this one.....

IMG_1222.jpg

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock

Oh wow!!! THANK YOU! That is just beautiful, side view, top view, every view! I love the orange intensity so much, and how it sings to you. Enjoy it! :appl: :mrgreen:

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Just signed on the dotted line with WF to have a double halo mad for my FLY. Now the waiting game begins. :nono:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

A photo of my recent hessonite garnet from gemrite, taken through my recent stereo microscope from edmundoptics.com ($175). This shows, imo grandly, the roiling, turbulent mixing gradient of R.I. that gives hessonite its distinction. Like drizzling honey into honey, briefly, the phantom drizzle persists...

microhess.jpg

karee888

Brilliant_Rock

baby nurse|1313718991|2993903 said:
I received this Merelani mint garnet yesterday from Gene and it is absolutely amazing!

3.21 carats, 8.5 mm, french button

wow!!!! how will you set it??

Novel

Brilliant_Rock

VapidLapid|1314485286|3002157 said:
A photo of my recent hessonite garnet from gemrite, taken through my recent stereo microscope from edmundoptics.com ($175). This shows, imo grandly, the roiling, turbulent mixing gradient of R.I. that gives hessonite its distinction. Like drizzling honey into honey, briefly, the phantom drizzle persists...

Gorgeous, VL! It's captivating.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results