lili

Ideal_Rock
PT--
:appl: :appl: :appl:
blue and pink team.....how perfect.

brown_eyes

Shiny_Rock
Elle - Thanks for the welcome!

PT - I'm sorry that you have had such a stressful time since your NT scan. I'm glad you got good results from the amnio though, an congrats on a boy and a girl! How awesome! I'm hoping you get released back to your OB soon.

Pancake - welcome! You are so lucky that you have two grandma's nearby and willing to take care of your baby.

LC - I imagine that the convo with your DH regarding work will go better than you think. Being that his sister and his mom are both career minded, it shouldn't be a foreign concept to him. He probably just has no idea how you feel about it. Good luck!

AFM - DH and I have been in major cleaning mode today. I've gotten way behind on the laundry, so I imagine I will be washing things all day long, and DH did all the vacuuming, dusting, sweeping and the dishes (yes, I know I'm a lucky girl). I think by next weekend we'll be ready to tackle and de-clutter the closet.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Brown_eyes, so you inspired me to clean the house today. DH's out of town so it's just me and the dog puttering around the house. The weather's not that great so might as well use the crappy day as an excuse to clean house. Just finished both bathrooms and the kitchen and dusting. Now I just need someone to inspire me to go to the gym... Wah wah.

Hope the rest of you mamas are having fun this weekend.

~LC (12W, 3D)

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
PT - I totally didn't see your post before I posted last time! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be insensitive - what a relief that your babies are ok! I can't imagine how stressful the experience must have been since your 1st trimester screen, I am so glad for you that it is over and all is well.

I have to say that I have been a bit taken aback by how strange I have found all the changes in my body over the last week or so. I have had to buy new bras (gone from a 36B to barely fitting in a 36D!) and my jeans are all uncomfortable now despite still buttoning up ok. I was looking at myself in the changeroom of Target whilst trying on bras yesterday and just didn't recognise my body. Felt a bit sad/shocked, I think! Then yesterday I had monumental waves of reflux that went through the night and I have barely slept - taking the morning off work this morning as I have a late clinic tonight that won't finish until 9ish and I am already exhausted! Hoping this is just a bit of a tummy bug or something and that reflux THAT bad is not here to stay. Have not really had it before. Have started adjusting my portion sizes - ate a half bowl of porridge and fruit this morning instead of my usual, and we bought some grazing snacks at the supermarket last night - I thought I had left all that behind with the first half of the first tri!! :lol:

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Hey ladies,

I am typing one handed here, so sorry for the drive-by post, but I wanted to let you know that Ms. Sophia Grace was born on Thursday August 11 at 9:35 am. She weighed in at 7 lbs, 2.3 oz and was 20.5 inches long. She was born after a relatively easy labor. I will post the whole birthstory soon, but till then, here are some pics. Thanks again for all your support.

Sleepy_Baby sg.JPG

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
my little girl

Mommy_and_Baby sg.JPG

Bright_Eyes sg.JPG

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, dcgator!!! After all that work getting pregnant, look how perfect she is! Just gorgeous!

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
Congrats dcg! Sophia is such a beauty! I'm glad it was an easy L&D!

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
DC, Sophia is gorgeous!!! Congratulations!! :appl: :love: :appl:

Okay, here goes! I'm jumping in here at 11w1d because all my buddies from the JBP thread are coming over. Since I'm reasonably confident that things are going okay, I'll roll with it. :))

I'm 29, DH is 31. We've been married just about 2 years, together almost 5, and been friends for almost 10!! We're expecting our first on March 3, 2012.

I am feeling mostly normal (with only occasional dry-heaving) due to the miraculous help of Zofran. I can eat and drink relatively normally, although the egg aversion stands strong, and the smell of vinegar never fails to make me feel like I'm going to lose my lunch NOW. I haven't been working as late as usual because the guy who cleans our office has started cleaning the kitchen first, and he uses VINEGAR!!! Argh!! So every time that smell wafts out of the kitchen I wrap up as quickly as possible and dash out the door! I have also been starting to get a little bit of energy back. I'm still tired a lot, but I have been able to accomplish some things this weekend that sorely needed to be accomplished!

NT scan is Aug 25th, and I plan to tell work that same day, and then come clean to all my friends! Not sure that I'll make a big social media announcement, I may just let the news trickle out as it will... but I have a couple of weeks to decide. :))

I swear I will get to everyone else tomorrow... but it appears the energy has run out. ;))

charbie

Ideal_Rock
DC: congrats again, lady! She is gorgeous, and you are glowing! Im so excited for you and your family!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
DCgator, a huge congrats to you!! Sophia is beautiful and I'm looking foward to hearing your birth story!!

Pancake, I definitely hear you on all the changes. The physical changes are harder for me to accept than I thought they would be. Granted, I completely understand that they are out of my control and have never had any body image issues in the past, but it's just...hard sometimes. My waist is gone. My boobs are nearly 2 cup sizes larger (I know you can relate to that) and clothes look completely different on me. I may as well accept it now...I do think it will be easier when I'm not worried about "hiding" anything.

LC, your DH is probably terrified of caring for a newborn and is hoping you'll work part-time so the majority of the responsibility stays on your shoulders. Or maybe I'm just thinking of my own husband :) It sounds like you guys will be having many conversations that revolve around setting expectations so that neither of you is disappointed once the baby is born. And then you probably both will be, anyway. But not to worry, I have a feeling that millions of women have these conversations when they are pregnant. I know I will be having them. I always thought I'd be fine with being a SAHM, but now that I'm pregnant, I would like to continue working. I will be working part-time for a few months in the beginning, just to help ME transition back to full-time. We were both raised in homes where our moms worked full-time and D says he supports my decision no matter what, but we're going to have to have many talks about baby responsibilities...both before the baby is born and probably afterward, too. I do nearly 100% of cooking and cleaning as it is, so he is going to HAVE to take on more for this to work.

PT, I feel awful for you that you had to go through all of that turmoil with the genetic screenings. That must have been terrifying!! I am so, so glad that it all worked out and that the risks are minimal at this point. Everything I read says that the process is scary and that often a "high risk" screening turns out to be nothing, but I'm sure it's terrifying when it's happening to you. And how exciting that you're having a boy and a girl!!! Congratulations!

Elledizzy, I appreciate the free pass for a whine or two if things get uncomfortable. I hope you're not in too much pain. I've been seeing a chiropractor once per week for the past few weeks and am planning to do it throughout the pregnancy, but I can't really tell if he's full of crap or helping. I had a pain in my hip (legs are uneven, stupid scoliosis) and he helped at first, but lately the pain is back.

Brown_eyes, I feel so bad that you are feeling nauseous in the second trimester and are struggling to maintain your weight. How did you feel this weekend?

ETA: Katy, just saw you posted. Glad the Zofran is helping and I just had to tell you that vinegar has the same effect on me. Last weekend I was getting some stubborn hard-water stains off of the toilet with vinegar and I started dry heaving. I hate the smell normally, but now it's extra irritating.

AFM, I've been feeling better for a few days now. Yay! That being said, I now have to post a disclaimer: I did puke this morning. The issue is that I'm trying to cut back on how often I eat. I'd been eating often to keep from being sick, so I gained 5 lbs. between weeks 6 and 10. Now that I'm feeling better, I'm trying to eat normally. So this morning I only had one breakfast (I usually have three) and I got sick. So I still have to massage my eating schedule a little, but all in all, it's better!

Because I'm less sick in general, I feel like I have more energy. I do the vast majority of my housework on the weekends. I had been splitting my chores up into two days--so I'd dust, windex, clean the kitchen and bathrooms on one day, then the next day I'd steam clean all my floors (we have two drooly dogs, so I have to steam clean our hardwoods every week. BLAH!) and do some laundry. But this weekend, I had the energy to do it ALL on Saturday!! WOOHOO! So today I took it a little easy, did some "extra" stuff around the house and went to see a movie!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
DCG! OMG what a ***beautiful*** little girl! Miss Sophia was DEFINITELY worth all the hard work and waiting. Congratulations mama, I can't wait to hear your L&D story.

Pancake, your poor thing with the reflux. I think Elle had some pretty had heartburn too, maybe she has some tips. In books it's not uncommon to experience heartburn, but man that totally sucks. I hear ya on the "WTH happened to my body." I'm hoping the baby surpasses the bloat soon, and I can rock the preggo bump instead of the giant bloated belly.

Katy, hooray for making the jump! Vinegar is not a pleasant smell to begin with, add the super preggo nose, it's a BAD COMBO. At least you're kicking yourself out of work "early" (and when I say early, I actually mean on time. I'm totally like that too). Glad you're getting a bit more energy back.

NEL, your DH sounds so much like my DH! So I'm sure I'll be having conversations before and after the baby arrives as well. And I'm sure it will go fine, but when it's all in my head, it's hard to spit it out, y'knkow? DH also gets off very easy in terms of chores around the house. I do 100% of the cooking and about 85-90% of the cleaning and 70% of the doggie care duties. He does the whites and colors laundry and does the dishes after dinner and feeds the dog breakfast on weekdays, and we both do the dog's last walk of the night together.. And I'm with you, when the baby comes he'll HAVE to pick up more slack, but in my head I also decided we'll get a house cleaner so I can keep my sanity. I'm so glad you're feeling better, but yuck about the breakfast mistake... Maybe slowly step down. And I wouldn't worry about the 5lbs. I'm sure once you get your energy back you'll be back to your active lifestyle and you'll be able to maintain that weight for a good amount of time. ETA: what kind of steamer do you use to clean your floors?

~LC (12W, 3D)

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
DCG - Sophia is just beautiful! Congratulations.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
DCG-Sophia is absolutely gorgeous!!!! CONGRATS!!! :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love:

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
I guess I should jump in too since the other JBP ladies are doing it! I'm such a follower!

My background: DH and I are both 31 and this is our first baby. We got married 7/31/10 but just celebrated our 15 year "together" anniversary last week (don't ask...it took him a WHILE to propose!) We were lucky and got pregnant on the first try, when we were on vacation in Italy. Talk about a souvenir! I'm 13 weeks today and am feeling pretty much the same as I've felt since week 6. Excited to get some energy back in my life and stop feeling hungover. I know that'll happen eventually so I'm trying to be patient. Got the results of some genetic testing bloodwork and all is good. Had my NT scan last Tuesday and though the scans looked good, still waiting on the bloodwork to come back. Otherwise, just trucking along. My whole family knows at this point, as do most of my close friends. Waiting on that last round of results to come back before sharing with everyone. Not showing yet but feeling pudgier than I expected to feel. Still in all of my regular clothes but they definitely don't look as good as they used to!

Anyway, looking forward to going through this with all of you! Hope everyone is having an ok Monday morning!

DC...congrats on your gorgeous baby girl!!!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
I guess I should jump in too since the other JBP ladies are doing it! I'm such a follower!

My background: DH and I are both 31 and this is our first baby. We got married 7/31/10 but just celebrated our 15 year "together" anniversary last week (don't ask...it took him a WHILE to propose!) We were lucky and got pregnant on the first try, when we were on vacation in Italy. Talk about a souvenir! I'm 13 weeks today and am feeling pretty much the same as I've felt since week 6. Excited to get some energy back in my life and stop feeling hungover. I know that'll happen eventually so I'm trying to be patient. Got the results of some genetic testing bloodwork and all is good. Had my NT scan last Tuesday and though the scans looked good, still waiting on the bloodwork to come back. Otherwise, just trucking along. My whole family knows at this point, as do most of my close friends. Waiting on that last round of results to come back before sharing with everyone. Not showing yet but feeling pudgier than I expected to feel. Still in all of my regular clothes but they definitely don't look as good as they used to!

Anyway, looking forward to going through this with all of you! Hope everyone is having an ok Monday morning!

DC...congrats on your gorgeous baby girl!!!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Marlie, glad to see you over here! I didn't realize you and your DH were together for so long. We're celebrating our 12-year dating anniversary this year and we've only been married for 3.5 years, so I feel your pain on waiting for the proposal. I'm glad that starting a family didn't take as long :)

LC, I have a feeling we'll be figuring this all out together. My husband claims to get it, but I don't think he really does. And I agree about hiring somebody to do the cleaning--I recommended we do the same thing and my DH said "I'm happy to help you out more". Uh huh. I still think hiring somebody is our best bet.

As for the steamer, I've had two. The first was a McCullough Heavy Duty Steam Cleaner (got great reviews) and I really loved it. It was a bit cumbersome to use every week, so when it broke I replaced it with the Haan Slim & Light steamer. It also got great reviews and is one of the few that sanitizes quickly. It's great, but I think I liked the McCullough better.

AFM, just have to say that I bought my first pair of maternity jeans (online) this morning. Can't wait to get them! The jeans I'm wearing right now are seriously digging into my stomach. My poor baby is probably saying "WTF?!"

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Marlie, welcome to the big preggo thread!

NEL, thanks for the suggestions of the steam cleaner. I'll have to look them up. Right now i just mop, but I'v ebeen thinking of getting steamer for various reasons, and the baby is just a great excuse. Sounds like it's getting uncomfortable in your jeans. Did you try the hair tie trick? "extend" your button hole by tying/looping a hair tie in it, then button the hair tie loop. You'll probably still need to wear a belt and/or long top to hide the jerry-rigged button hole, but at least you can wear your jeans until you fit the Mat jeans.

I finally bought baby stuff. I bought a 4 pack of A+A swaddle blankets and just yesterday bought 2 pairs of mat tights and a boppy. All from BabySteals.com. I've put the kibosh on any more purchases, as I'm trying to STEM the binge buying, not make it worse. ha ha.

Anyone else find it hard to buy baby stuff or decorate the nursery without knowing what you'll be having? I'm kinda at a loss. Right now my nursery is a teal/Tiffany blue color, and I have white overhead shelves and a black standing shelf. I want to hang curtains next but don't know which way to go. I kinda way to do bring green or bright yellow as the accent and stick to black/white furniture....

Oh and I had my first adventure to a baby store/stoller shop yesterday. I didn't get any service help since I was by myself, and I guess just looking around. I pushed around a Bugaboo Cam, an UppaBaby Vista, a Mountain Buggy, and a Bob. I don't plan on getting a stroller right now, I think I might try to poach some friends' snap & go for the first few months.

~LC (12W, 4D)

brown_eyes

Shiny_Rock
DC - Sophia is such a doll! Congrats! Can't wait to hear your birth story.

LC - Glad I inspired you to clean. It takes a lot to get me cleaning, but I think I'm getting some of my energy back so that helps. I guess one of the pros to not having a nursery is we're not trying to figure out decorating a nursery. We're getting some baby animal prints for the wall, but that's about it as far as decorating goes.

Pancake - that reflex sounds horrible! If trying to eat smaller meals doesnt help, try changing your diet a little. I know that tomatoes, onions, and citrus fruits are big acid producers (I've had reflux issues in the past). Good luck!

Katy - welcome! It's so exciting that your NT scan is so soon!

NEL - feeling the slightest bit better. I still gag every time I brush my teeth though, and if I dont drink enough water or eat often enough I feel the nausea creaping back in. I think one of the biggest things is making sure I stay super hydrated. My doc told me she didn't think I was drinking enough, and ever since I upped my intake some I've felt a little better. Sorry for your nausea! I know you're concerned about weight gain because of your back, but have you tried just eating smaller portions at the same frequency you were eating before? Or subbing some of those carbs for fruits and veggies or cheese? This whole pregnancy eating seems like some crazy science experiment. One wrong move and there's dry heaving involved... yuck.

Marlie - welcome! I'm with you, I dont feel like I'm showing at all, but my pants are definitely getting tighter, so something's happening.

RE: husbands and taking on more responsibility. I must have hit the jackpot. Before the nausea started I did about 80% of the cooking and half the cleaning. After the nausea hit, DH really stepped up his game. He's taken on basically 100% of the cooking and grocery shopping (if I'm having a good night I try to figure out dinner for us, but it's been rare in the past 10 weeks), and he has done most of the cleaning minus the laundry. We live in an 850 sq ft apartment with a big shedding black lab, so the hair and dust gets out of control if someone isnt sweeping, vacuuming, and dusting every week (or even a couple times a week). Slacking off is not an option. We've also discussed getting some help in the cleaning department for a big deep clean before the baby, and then maybe once every 2 weeks or so after the baby. Needless to say, I'm not in the least bit worried about who will do what once the baby gets here. We're both pretty good about picking up the slack if someone is under the weather or having a rough week.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
DC -- congrats! She's lovely!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
PSA - i thought my post was trashed last week, so please keep in mind this was from last week as well :razz:

Welcome RMFA (happy anniversary!), NEL, Katy and pancake!

NEL - i hope (as i do with everyone, of course) that your pregnancy goes smoothly!

Elle - i have yet to sign up for classes. I can only imagine myself as amy pohler in "baby momma".

LC- great news about your downs and tri18 test! We only had the blood test done, and while that came back negative (they did not give me the full numbers) i am surprised they never did the measurment tests during our ultrasound. Then again, Emi was being so impossible for all head scans, they might not have been able to (mental note, ask doctor about that). I don't think i *really* showed until 16 weeks, and i just looked like i had a beer belly. at 20ish weeks, people started to notice more.

Maya - i thought about asking (or hinting) about a push present, but with DH getting laid off next week, its not the best timing. However, we're due a month before my birthday so i might just go with football tickets (game day on my bday). But i secretly would love to finally get a wedding band.

Charbie - you are so cute - love the pictures!

AFM (current) - 26 weeks!funny enough, last week i thought i was 27ish weeks, and that my 30week appointment was at the end of this month. Nope, i'll be 28 weeks. Math is hard :bigsmile:
I am starting to go through the not feeling pregnant phase again. Emi is pretty quiet, not moving as much as she was 2-3 weeks ago. then again, she probably has more room, since my doctor has asked me to gain weight (5 more pounds, more protein and not just brownies. poo). I think i might be raising the stock prices on peanuts, since thats about the only protein i can really stand eating more off. For some reason i don't really like chicken anymore, i don't want a steak (unless its a $50 bloody steak from a steak house) and ground beef is boring. And I cannot, for the life of me, make tofu taste good at home.
After going through a month of seeing Emi every week (since they could not get the measurements) it is weird not having another appointment for 3 more weeks. Oh, lastly, I did pass my glucose test (hooray!) and my god, that was disguesting.
Emi has made herself a little bit more noticable, but its in the morning at 4am knocking on my side. And i am pretty sure i gain more baby belly over night. Might have been the icecream and garlic bread though :razz:

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
DC - sophia is just lovely!! congrats!!

LC - i know exactly what you mean. I think i hit a high stress point when our spare/baby room was a mess, we didnt know if it was a boy or a girl (but at the time i was convinced it was a boy) and my nesting need hit HARD. For 4 days i sat on my laptop, for 6 hours at a time just looking at themes, getting frustrated and then starting from scratch. Anytime i found something i liked, and wanted to build off of, i couldnt find anything else to match. It was awful. I just now, FINALLY found a spread i like (that is within my budget) and am getting excited about building off of it. Best of luck to you, and I am sure you will soon find something you love!

ETA
AFM - I ask all you lovely ladies, first time moms and been there done that, for a little support for my dear friend. I am pretty sure we are coming to the conclusion that she is suffering from postpartum depression, 11 months later. Her usual "quirks" have gotten so out of hand (jealousy, anxiety, etc), to the point where she is even struggling to keep on weight and convincing herself that her husband is cheating on her (he is not, 100%). I love her so much, and am so sad that she is going through this. She has always been the 'responsible' and 'strong' one for her family, and her family growing up, that i feel the dam is finally breaking. She is going to see someone today, and i am SO proud of her for doing so, and realizing on her own that she needs to. We joked around that if ever one of us was showing signs of ppd, we would put them into a therapy session, and last night it really dawned on me that it actually needs to happen. I always thought it would be me to go through this, since i actually had (and still have) depression and axiety, and it is honestly hard for me to see my best friend go through it.
Thank you so, so much ladies!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
JCarly, I'm thinking about your friend. It must be so hard to see someone close to you go through that. I really hope she can get help from the person she's seeing. And hooray for passing your Glucose test etc. I also love the bedding you got for your sweet little E. Have you found anything else to coordinate with it?

RMFA

Rough_Rock
Wow! So much action the last few days!

As far as the ladies talking abuot getting a cleaning person -- DO IT!! As i was finishing the 1st trimester, I also talked to my DH about hiring someone to clean. I did and have never looked back -- it is SO much better and worth every penny in my book!

Some exciting news today -- had my early anatomy scan -- Baby looks great, everything is in it's place and growing appropriately. Also, the quad screening all cam back with great results! So we are beyond ecstatic.

And the most exciting part is, we found out we are having a BOY!

My DH was so so excited and smiling SO HUGE the whole time. I am so happy to know we are having a SON!

Hope everyone is doing well! :twirl:

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
RMFA, congratulations on team BLUE! How fantastic!!! So cute your DH is super happy and excited! And hooray for all the healthy test results :appl:

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
RMFA - how exciting to find out you're having a boy! I think it just makes everything even more real, I can't wait to find out what we're having :) I hear you on the cleaner thing. Ours started 6 weeks ago and I cannot for the life of me work out why it took us this long to do it! They come once a fortnight and it just makes life SO much easier!

jcarlylew, I'm sorry to hear your friend is having such a tough time. She is lucky to have friends as switched on and sensitive to these things as you. It is fantastic that she is seeking help for herself (always the preferable route cf others seeking it!) and I hope that this is the start of addressing the issues for her. Your food aversions sound similar to mine, except chicken is one of the only proteins I WILL eat at the moment! I am eating tofu and a little bit of beef but have been steering clear of fish, prawns, lamb, pork... don't know why. It's just "one of those pregnancy things"!

brown_eyes - your husband sounds like a gem, how fantastic that he's stepped up that well! My husband is just fantastic but cooking is just not his thing. We have been eating so much takeaway since I got pregnant, since the cooking smells really made me feel ill for the first 3 months; the sleepiness was a problem too. I am trying to help him with menu planning so that he can cook a couple of meals a week without stressing. I myself am not a menu planner - I tend to see what I've got in the fridge/pantry and then whip something up, but he really needs a recipe. Think it is a male thing?

LC, look at you, getting into the baby shopping thing! I am still feeling a little too apprehensive to buy baby things, I don't know if that will ever wear off though (actually, it will. It will start to wear off around 24 weeks - viability - and then more so at 28 weeks when the neonatal outcomes become excellent. Medical nerd.)! I have bought a few things for myself though. THAT is a well-practised skill!

NEL, yay for the maternity jeans! I am still a little too small for mine, I don't think they will stay up yet. HIRE THE CLEANER. That is all. Actually, one more thing: you are a powerhouse! Cannot believe how much you managed on the weekend! When I feel sick/tired, I just want to lie around. When I feel really well, I just want to lie around feeling well!!

Marlie - would love your Rome gastronomic recommendations! I just love Italy but have never ventured south of Tuscany; we spent 6 weeks in northern and central Italy last year (we got married in the Lakes region). I am really really looking forward to Rome - we chose it as our last stop as we only have 5 days, and Rome is compact enough to sort of park ourselves in an apartment and access everything by foot/metro.

AFM, I am 14+1 weeks today. I thought I was showing a bit over the weekend but in fact it was, ahem, bowel issues, shall we say. I am starting to get a bit worried about not seeing my obstetrician until 20 weeks - I'll be interstate/overseas for 4 weeks between now and then and I am thinking that maybe I should just do a flying visit to his rooms next week for reassurance before the travel?

In other news, my Bella Bands arrived yesterday and a pair of black slim straight-leg mat trousers arrived today! All are fab, will take the bands for a test run on the weekend and as soon as the pants have been hemmed, they are entering my work wardrobe and I will be wearing them a LOT! Trying to stop buying things now, and wait until I really need stuff. Think I have enough tops and bottoms now to suffice for a couple of months at least. The third tri - who knows? But I have no concept of how huge I'll be then so I'd better wait before I buy anything!!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Pancake, woohoo for getting your bella bands! I ordered one about a month ago and I got the smallest size, but it's still too big to really keep my pants up. So I'm at a weird in-between stage where my regular pants are tight, but the bella band is still too big to be effective. I hope yours work better for you!! And I completely agree about hiring the cleaner--now that I'm feeling a little better I'm not as adamant about it, but I think it's something we should keep on the radar. Anyway, I'm glad to hear that things are going well for you and that you have enough clothes to make it through the next couple of months!

RMFA, YAY for team blue!!!!! I'm so excited that you found out--it must be so nice to be able to really plan now. And think of names. Woohoo!!

JCarly, I feel so bad for your friend, but I'm really glad that she was finally able to see that she could benefit from outside help and that it's perfectly fine to seek that help. I think every pregnant woman worries about post-partum depression...I know my fear is that I will have it and not see it (like your friend), so I really feel that now that she's aware, it will be easier for her to start getting better. Not only will she feel so much better, but everybody around her will be feeling better, too.

brown_eyes, I'm glad you're starting to feel a little better and I"m with you on the tooth-brush gagging. I'm going to be so happy when brushing my teeth doesn't make me gag. Smaller portions are definitely the way to go. This morning I had a small bowl of cereal, then a bit of applesauce a couple of hours later. So long as I have something in my stomach, I feel better.

And woohoo for the helpful husband! We have two newfoundlands, so I have to vacuum every day. D will do it for me if I ask, but I'm bad about asking. He also does it for me if I work late, but I'd rather get home on time and vacuum than work late :)

LC, I TOTALLY feel you on the nursery preparation without knowing the sex. Like you, I painted the nursery already, but I think I'll probably change my mind. I put together a bunch of inspiration ideas yesterday for boy vs. girl and I'm just going to wait to execute until we know the sex. Both will have a black/white theme, but if it's a girl it will probably be in toile and if it's a boy, it may be more nautical. The problem for me is that I don't want it to look like a baby's room, so that could be a challenge.

Also, look at you buying things!! What's really funny is that I *almost* bought those tights from babysteals a couple of weeks ago and I *almost* bought the A&A muslin swaddles last week. And you know the reason I ultimately didn't get the swaddles? Because we don't know the sex. I'd chosen them in sage and then said "maybe I should wait". I have a feeling that once we do know the sex, I'll be buying things left and right.

AFM, a coworker just asked me if I was pregnant in a meeting I had this morning. I'm planning to spill the beans this week, anyway, so I said "Yes, and I can't wait for everybody else to know so I can stop hiding it!"

NT scan is in the morning! I'm so excited. I wasn't able to find the hb with my doppler last night--this has happened in the past few days and I think it's because the baby keeps moving around--so I'll be eager to make sure everything is okay. I'm still not too worried about test results, but it's in the back of my mind.

brown_eyes

Shiny_Rock
jcarly - I'll be thinking about your friend. So good of the two of you to watch out for each other.

RFMA - yay for a boy! how fun! So happy you had a good scan too!

pancake - DH is actually better at finding something to throw together for dinner than I am. He is alot more adventurous with his cooking as well (which can be good and bad sometimes). Since cooking smells were getting to me, he really had to tone down his experimentation and stick with the basics. I do love that we can easily share the dinner duties though.

NEL - glad you found a breakfast combo that works! I will thinking about you today and hope your scan goes well!

For those of you far enough in your pregnancies to feel the baby, when did you start to feel them? The nurse asked me at my 14 week appointment if I could feel anything yet. I thought it was super early, but she said that some moms can feel the baby flutter this early.

AFM - I'm with pancake and have a road block when it comes to actually purchasing baby stuff. It hasn't stopped me from researching though! I am working on a list of the essentials so that we've got a practical checklist when we are ready to go (the lists they give you in the store seem to be overload). I also have no apprehension about getting our place organized either. I must be getting a little bit of a nesting bug, because I can't wait to tackle the closet this weekend.

Hope all you lovely ladies are having a good week so far!

brown_eyes (14w5d)

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Wow a lot of new additions here....preggos and babies! Congrats DC! Who's next from this thread, is it Charbie?

Plugging away here. Work has been BUSY and I also have been going down my list..not necessarily directly baby related, but indirectly (house stuff). For those waiting to paint/buy items until you know the sex, that makes total sense (unless you're keeping it a surprise). 20 weeks is plenty of time to do those things.

I'm at about 31weeks here and meanwhile we still haven't decided on a name! We moved DD into a big girl bed this weekend and that went well. She was absoulutely giddy when she saw the pink covers (I can see NEL cringing...lol). She was beaming and giggling and saying "I like it!! I like it!!). It was really very cute and one of those moments that make it all worthwhile! It's a queen and a high mattress so kind of funny seeing a little girl in there, but figure it'll last. We went with pink since she loves it, but it is classic bedding that can stand the test of time. Still have to get her new furniture though (dresser,etc) b/c then all her stuff moves to the nursery which DH is almost done painting (lavender). THEN I can stock up on the new baby items..

I hope to see the new mamas pop in from time to time, let us know how it is on the other side (Kay, Mrs, Dreamer,etc).

Hi everyone :wavey: , sorry for the total ME post.

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
Too funny - I thought I was the only one holding off on buying baby stuff! The only thing that's been done baby-wise on my part is painting the room, which desperately needed to be done anyway, because DH had a roommate living in there before we met that thrashed the room. I refused to make a single purchase, even a simple little onesie, until I got the results of my amnio back and knew the genders. Oddly, I have a feeling our first baby related purchase won't be clothing or toys or furniture - it'll be a new car. I'm currently driving a 12 year old 2-door. While it actually runs beautifully, I refuse to have a 2-door car with twins, and a larger dog (Boxer). Anyone drive a mid-size SUV or good sized station wagon that they love? :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results