shape
carat
color
clarity

A request for prayers and dust

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Much love, Lisa. I'm here whenever you need me. Please remember that dear friend...

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gemgirl, Sorry to hear about this new sympton...you're body has just been through so much. Maybe its concentrating on healing
and not so much on making hair right now? Hopefully when all is healed your hair will start growing back as usual.

Sending more dust and positive thoughts...
tyty

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dearest gemgirl, life is very darned unfair! I will be praying for you and sending love and dust as well! After all you have been through, this is really adding insult to injury!

I don't know what your post-menopausal hair loss was like, but I'll tell you about mine. I didn't lose any hair off my head. But without going into very unladylike detail, just let me say that some of the changes that took place during the formative years of adolescence seemed to have been reversed. It was most disconcerting! It would have been far worse had even more hair been involved!

You have all my empathy, but I hope that besides that you get a very quick reversal of the symptoms!

Hugs,
Deb
:read:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't been checking this thread for a while, sorry, but I feel for you and sending you my prayers and my best wishes! I have no advices for hair loss except for Rogaine which according to consumers' reports works the best, but I hope it will reverse itself after this ordeal is over. I also know that patients that lose hair due to anticonvulsants are advised to take microdoses of Selenium but can not vouch for its efficacy because very few of my patients take it...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gemgirl, just checking in to see how you're doing! I hope you continue to improve and that the hair loss situation resolves very soon!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Strength and healing vibes your way.....

kind regards--Sharon

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
risingsun|1312667009|2985586 said:
Much love, Lisa. I'm here whenever you need me. Please remember that dear friend...

Marian, you are the best friend a girl could have :)) .

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Adding more dust and wishes that your path to recovery is short and easy.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gemgirl, thank you so much for taking the time in YOUR thread to send me your well wishes! Much appreciated and clearly reflects what a warm and thoughtful person you really are.

I'm so sorry about your hair. I really hope it stops, or worse case, it grows back really fast and in the style you have always dreamed -- maybe cruly, or thick or straight?? I wonder, is this anything like the hairloss that I have experienced after pregnancy? All the hair follicles basically get on the same track and end their life cycles at once, falling out, then new hairs start growing in all at the same time. Does it appear new hairs are coming in where old came out?

Hugs lady. You have been through enough and this added issue was certainly NOT in the plans!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear about the hair loss, GG...I hope it stops so that it's not something else you need to worry about on top of everything else.

Sending you lots of dust your way.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1312781024|2986257 said:
Gemgirl, thank you so much for taking the time in YOUR thread to send me your well wishes! Much appreciated and clearly reflects what a warm and thoughtful person you really are.

I'm so sorry about your hair. I really hope it stops, or worse case, it grows back really fast and in the style you have always dreamed -- maybe cruly, or thick or straight?? I wonder, is this anything like the hairloss that I have experienced after pregnancy? All the hair follicles basically get on the same track and end their life cycles at once, falling out, then new hairs start growing in all at the same time. Does it appear new hairs are coming in where old came out?

Hugs lady. You have been through enough and this added issue was certainly NOT in the plans!

Oh DD, you know I love you! and there's nothing on the planet that beats the photos of a brand new beautiful baby! Your love bug is just gorgeous and I just love reading through the new Mommies thread when I have the time.

My hair always grew pretty slowly because of my flukey thyroid. Wouldn't it be great if it grew back really fast and straight?? My hair has always been annoyingly wavy and very frizzy. The dermatologist I saw today said that I have months more of hair loss in my future, which is kind of oddly unlikely, since I've already lost more than half my hair and it's falling out faster and faster every day. I'd say one or two more hair washings and I'll be sporting a new do (a wig). BUT...... I am going to stop complaining about my hair because our kenny was just diagnosed with prostate cancer. I fought my colon eating precancerous polyposis for sixteen months, and this is just the end result of my three surgeries and my ostomy. But I'm going to be OK. It's the end of the road for me, it's the last thing that can happen and I'll handle it somehow.

Hugs to you to sweetie! and God bless your beautiful family.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Gemgirl, you will be in my prayers. Lots of love and dust for you.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Indy Lady and all of the lovely ladies I haven't thanked individually. You're support has been very much appreciated!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Gemgirl, i'm sorry to hear about your new issue. I hope everything works out ok for you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results