shape
carat
color
clarity

Birthday gift - diamond eternity band

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I've been thinking about what to get for my upcoming birthday...would love everyone's thoughts. I've been debating the following:

1. 5 stone step cut ring: Initially, I wanted a 5 stone step cut ring as documented in this thread https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/5-stone-ring.163583/. But, kitchen renovations have sucked up the bling fund for this year, so it's probably out of the range of possibility for this year (but not next year). Gypsy kindly posted a ring on ebay that I LOVED (the 1.7ct)....but I'm nervous about going that route. Any thoughts?

2. Small diamond band: small diamond eternity in the few-hundred-dollar range...like this...http://idjewelryonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=53_127&products_id=9200. It will satisfy my need for new bling, but not be too pricey so I can build the bling fund for a nice 5 stone next year.

My only question about getting a small diamond band is around whether I can wear it with my wedding band. I wouldn't want to wear them together, but my wedding band is a bit wide...like this: http://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-bands/comfort-fit-wedding-band-425.htm.

Would it look weird to wear a dainty diamond band with my wide platinum ring? Would the diamond band have to be in platinum too if I wore them together? Any suggestions to revive my hopes for a 5 stone step cut?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it would be beautiful together, and yes, I believe it has to be platinum.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the thin diamond band would look good- I like mixing sizes. And non-matchy looks. As for the metal I think it should bear consistent so when the rub on each other you don't have two different levels of hardness thus possibly causing kore damage.

Mrsacornblue

Shiny_Rock
I think that an eternity band would look lovely with your band! As for metal, are you planning on wearing it together all the time? I would think that if you wore them together occasionally, you'd probably be fine with white gold. If it's something that you are going to wear all the time, you might want to get platinum so that the finishes go together more easily. I would ask the sales associates at IDJ...I'm sure they can provide some insight for you.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
That's for the thoughts...glad to know you think it will look good!! It makes having a birthday a happy thing when you can get bling! :appl:

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
To address the white gold on platinum...would a spacer help? So, if I got a WG eternity and WG spacer and wear with my platinum band. Would that preserve the eternity? The WG spacer wouldn't impact teh platinum band, right?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results