shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Dreamer: Thanks for the age reminder. We used the exact method you described last month, monitoring cervical changes. We had 4 days together, and I thought timing was perfect. No luck :(. I am not sure how things will go this month, since we will be staying in someone's house mid-cycle. If we have no luck, I will add basal body temps as a next step.

Lizzy and MP- I am wishing you luck this cycle!

PPM - It looks like you are VERY close, wishing you luck as well.

S&I - Looks like you are getting a lesson in how female hormones work! Maybe a little "dorky" but I do stuff like that all the time at work.

MP - I am hoping you are having implantation bleeding and not AF, but you know your body best. I am still wishing you luck.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

PPM- My first month off of BC had whacky temps. Of course, I wasn't using a BBT but even once I started mid cycle, they were still all over the place! So frustrating when you see a pattern that you want to see and then you wake up the next morning and have something wonky happen. You'll get there, though!

MP- It ain't over 'til it's over!! My fingers are still crossed for you.

S&I- I loved this cycle with my OPKs. I finally had to put them away so I would have enough for my next two cycles (bought 50, went through many). Watching the fade in was fascinating and I don't blame you for getting excited about starting the POAS stuff to detect ovulation.

Lizzy and Missy and others in the TWW with MP- Wishing for the best for you!

I took my copy of TCOYF with me on the car ride to Sonoma this weekend. I realized that these wine country trips are something that I am looking at in a new light since I determined that we are closing in on this whole TTC process (you know... next Spring). I definitely treasure them just a little bit more knowing that once I am KTFU I will be a permanent DD and will not be able to enjoy wine for well over a year. I read some of the book aloud to DH in the car and we were both marveling at how interesting the human body is and how elegantly and smartly it was designed. ESPECIALLY the female body. (That probably sounded religious but it isn't meant to be.) I was glad that he seemed receptive to hearing the stuff I was reading from the book. Gives me hope that once we are actually TTC he won't mind me divulging the scientific end of things to him. I think its a function of my/our career (both engineers) that we tend to view things from a very technical and scientific standpoint. You should hear some of our pillow talk. :rodent: I stopped temping two or three days ago once I confirmed O with 3-4 days of elevated temps. I am just too lazy to keep on with it since I am not watching for implantation.

Once again, thank you for your insight on my cycles and data!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Clairitek|1311567846|2976141 said:
I took my copy of TCOYF with me on the car ride to Sonoma this weekend.

Where do you live? I was born and raised in northern CA.

So my temp FINALLY rose Sunday. I had O pains on Saturday so I knew it was coming. Only a week late...

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock

Popping in to check up on everyone here. Sticky bean dust to the TWWs, especially missy, lizzy, and MP!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

lizzyann|1311430529|2975169 said:
Missy, yes just too hot out there! Did you have any luck getting one more BD in?!

Lizzy - No, we didn't get in another BD, unfortunately. I did get the 2 days before my + OPK, so maybe that'll be enough assuming that I really did O this month. With it being so hot last week it really messed us up! The heat is finally gone it's in the upper 80's today and it's currently pouring down rain outside which we desperately need! I guess I am officially in the 2WW for the first time EVER! Just not sure what DPO I am since I'm not temping.

MQ - Thank you! I hope this is it for all of us!!

That's about it from me...I have still been checking CP and I noticed it being high and soft (not sure about the open part, that one is hard for me to tell) and then going back to low and firm, so I'm hoping I really did O! We had a little family reunion this weekend and DH was so cute with all the kids. We had water splashing fights in the creek, of course he was the one that started it all :tongue: My cousin was talking about all the kids growing up and how we barely have any boys in the family anymore, almost all girls and then he said "but we do have Missy and her big kid" referring to DH haha...then he asked when we were going to have kids because he said it looked like we were ready for it. So that's good! We want a boy, but would be happy with either! Maybe we can start the boy trend in our family again :))

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Missy, I don't temp either so I usually count the day after my first positive OPK as my O day. Hope that helps. So roughly how many dpo's are you now? Crossing my fingers for you!

Mannequin, thank you for the sticky bean dust!!!! Hope you are doing well!

AMC, sounds like you'll be knowing your body quite well by the time you are TTC!

Clairitek, glad to hear your DH was so into the book! I think when you really make them part of the whole process it makes them feel more needed and they understand more. As women, we get to experience carrying the baby and they don't get to experience that so I would always tell my DH things about how big the baby is and what is developing this week. He really liked that and helped to put him in touch with what I was experiencing!

Ltlfirecracker, thanks for the good luck wishes!

MP, I also hope that the spotting is due to implantation. I'm sorry if that isn't the case though. When would AF be due for you? I know you've been trying for awhile now so it gets frustrating. You have a doctor appt in August or September already on the books though right? If AF does show up, it might be worth a call to your doctor. Most of the blood tests that they ran on me were Day 3 tests (meaning day 3 of your cycle). It might be helpful to get those results before your appt so that you will have some test results to go over. Anyways, I am still hoping for the best for you this cycle. Don't give up hope yet sister!

Dreamer, I really want to hear your birth story! Please let us know here in TTC land when you post it!

S&I, it is exciting to pee on your first stick huh? Usually 7dpo-10dpo are the worst for me patience-wise in the 2ww because I am constantly trying to figure out if I have any symptoms.

PPM, that's definitely a positive from yesterday morning. You usually O 24-36 hours after your positive so you probably will O today or tomorrow!

AFM, 5dpo and keeping busy!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Lizzy, hope the next five days or so fly by for you! I really want this to be it for you! I expect AF wither Wed. or Thur. My appointment is in early September, so I will have one more cycle and a half before then. I wonder if they would even be willing to run any blood tests without seeing me first. I’ll probably just wait to talk to my doctor if I’m still not pregnant by then.

Missy, yay for being in your first official 2WW! Good luck to you!

Clairitek, I agree that it is pretty amazing how the body works. It such an intricate process and so many things have to go just right. Temping takes a lot of discipline. The only good thing about continuing to take it for the whole cycle is that you will know whether your temps are staying up the whole luteal phase. But since you are not trying for awhile, you ave plenty of time to figure that out.

Firecracker, where are you at in your cycle now? I hope that the timing works out for you and your husband to be together and have a little privacy at the right time!

AFM, 9dpo. No more spotting when I checked my CP today. I wish you ladies were right about the implantation spotting, but since I’ve noticed similar “spotting” in previous cycles around this time, I’m not that hopeful. I wonder if that means I have low progesterone? DH and I are going to spend a weekend in Vegas for our anniversary at the end of next week, so it might actually be more fun not to be pregnant. The timing will probably line up for the start of our next BD marathon as well. I told DH not to get his hopes up about this cycle because I’m pretty sure I’m out, and he said that he gets to pick when we BD next month. I think he was a little miffed that I only wanted to BD every other day this cycle. At this point, I’m willing to try anything : )

MQ, I just saw your post. Thanks for the well wishes! Hope you are feeling well these days!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

MP, I can definitely understand why you aren't getting your hopes up, but I'm still in LC's eagle pose for you. If that b*&%# AF shows up at your door this week, then I do think the timing for the next cycle would be perfect (you do have nice, short cycles!) And I hope you get pregnant before September, but I think it's great that you have an appt. lined up then just in case it doesn't happen by then.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

MP, I don't want to sound annoying..so just tell me to "shut it" if I am annoying you but I'm just trying to save you time *if* you are not pregnant by Sept. For example, progesterone I believe is usually checked 7 days after ovulation. This will tell you if you are actually ovulating. And day three testing is usually for LH and FSH hormone testing. My HSG had to be done between days 6-12. The only reason I bring up getting in touch with your doctor now is because if you go in for an appt in Sept and the date doesn't coincide with these particular days of your cycle then you will have to wait another full month if you choose to have testing done. That is why I had to take last month off so that I could get all of the necessary testing done. I just wanted to point out the timeliness of the tests so that you could make an informed decision if you wanted to call your doctor now. Again, not wanting to push you into anything. I just don't want you to feel frustrated if you have to wait longer to get answers down the road.

However, I am glad to hear that the spotting has stopped. I'm hoping AF does not show her face this week!!!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

NEL, thanks! You are so sweet!

Lizzy, not annoying at all trust, and I see where you coming from. I'm just not sure if they would order the tests if I haven't been trying a year and haven't seen the doctor, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to ask. The timing for my next cycle might not be so great because I might be out of town on 7dpo, but maybe I will try to line something up for the next cycle before my appointment, and if they say no, they say no.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Monkey, I'm also doing an Eagle Pose for you and Lizzy. I've got fingers & toes crossed for you. Lizzy has some great advice but of course, it's up to you. And there's no harm in asking your doc, worse that can happen is they say No, and you're exactly back where you were. For what it's worth, though it sounds like you have an amazing DH that's not only supportive but is also really invested in the TTC process too.

And if it helps you at all, it took me 6 months of TTC, so it happens.

~LC

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

amc80|1311610007|2976358 said:

So my temp FINALLY rose Sunday. I had O pains on Saturday so I knew it was coming. Only a week late...

I live in the East Bay in Walnut Creek!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Clairitek|1311625417|2976522 said:

Are you serious? I used to live there! Born and raised in the central valley but moved to the WC after grad school (and commuted to Emeryville, yuck). One of my best friends still lives there.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

AMC- Glad that you've O'd" Did you have a stressful week? The section I spent the most time reading was the one about various things that can delay ovulation. So interesting what our bodies can sense and how it all tries to come together in the name of procreation and giving us the best time of having a baby.

Lizzy, Missy, and MP- Still crossing everything for you guys! Good thing I have long toes so I can cross one set for each!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

Lizzy - If I go by that way, then I am 3DPO today! I'm pretty excited to see how this turns out for the both of us since we're close to the same DPO. Crossing my fingers for you also!

MP - Thank you!! I hope this turns out to be your cycle, you never know. You know our bodies play tricks on us constantly, so hopefully that is the case this time for you and you get your BFP!

I love reading this thread. I lurk on another forum and the ladies there are so snarky and give you rude answers to questions. I rarely post just because I don't want my head chewed off! I just like to read the BFP stories :bigsmile:

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Clairitek|1311625760|2976526 said:
AMC- Glad that you've O'd" Did you have a stressful week? The section I spent the most time reading was the one about various things that can delay ovulation. So interesting what our bodies can sense and how it all tries to come together in the name of procreation and giving us the best time of having a baby.

Nope! I really have no what caused the delay. Every once in a while I'll get these randomly long cycles. Last year we went on a cruise the week after Thanksgiving (same week as our wedding cruise is this year). A little itty bitty piece of me was hoping we might have a woopsie and come home with a little something extra. And that cycle? I was 4 days late. Of course I just ovulated late, but I wasn't temping (um, or really paying attention) so I was a little freaked out (and a little excited). This year is like cruise baby take 2, except that my fiance (then husband!) will be going for it as well.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

Happy Monday everyone - I hope everyone had a relaxing weekend!

Dreamer, I second that request to let us know when you have your birthing story up! I've only read through page 140 of this thread, so in my head, you're still preggo with Baby #1. :naughty: Congrats on Baby #2!!! I'm glad you're still checking in here.

MP, I hope your spotting is actually implantation bleeding instead of AF. If AF does rudely rear her ugly head, then you have a brand new cycle to perfect that BDing! Good luck, and have fun in Vegas! DH and I are thinking of either going to Vegas or New York for our 1-year anniversary in October. We have some time to figure that out though. :tongue:

Clairitek, I only bought the package that has 40 LH sticks and 10 HCG sticks, so hopefully I don't go overboard this cycle!. I also share what I learn from TCOYF with my DH. I think he had a hard time (maybe still is) getting over the fact that our lives would be completely different, in the sense that we wouldn't be able to just go on random vacations or do whatever we wanted whenever we wanted. Hope you had a relaxing weekend in Sonoma!

amc, glad to hear that you finally Oed, even though it was a week late. It might be some of the pre-wedding stress that caused the late O - it seems like our bodies are more sensitive to even small levels of stress, that our brains don't even register sometimes.

Missy, congrats on making it to your first TWW! The cool thing about temping is that you get to see your high temps after O, and during the TWW, it feels like Christmas each morning when you get to see that high temp each day. At least, that's how it was for me last cycle, even though I didn't have much hope to even get a BFP since we didn't time the BDing that well. I was only temping without using OPKs last cycle, so it kind of got away from me. I feel more in tune with this cycle since I'm officially paying more attention now.

Lizzy, only 6 more days until you can test! I'm hoping this is the one for you!

LC, thanks for sharing that it took you 6 months. It seems like we see BFPs around here so much quicker, even though 6-12 months is the average.

AFM, I'm sitting tight at CD11 here. The IC showed up slightly darker this morning compared to CD10, but it took longer to appear. Either way, it's still super faint. I'm really hoping I end up Oing earlier than CD25 like I did last cycle though.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Hi everyone,

I've been back from my trip for a few days & only now have a moment to get caught up on everything. The trip went well but was a bit stressful too (it was a mix of business & pleasure) & I seem to have caught a summer cold. It's good to be home, though.

AF came on Friday, so that was a bit disappointing, but not a surprise as I don't think I'm ovulating. I haven't used OPKs yet, but am not getting the temperature shift. I also haven't had much in the way of CM, but did have what I thought to be EWCM twice this month, but it didn't correspond to a temp shift, so I'm pretty confused. I have an appointment with my doc next week to check things out.

Also, thanks to those of you who posted about BBT thermometers. I was using a regular digital to chart & just replaced it with a BBT from CVS. (Thanks for the recommendation, Octavia!) It seems to work fine, saves the last temp & only beeps (quietly) when you turn it on & when it's completed the reading (doesn't beep continuously). I started using it this cycle, so I'm interested to see if this changes my readings. When I tested the 2 thermometers out back to back, I was surprised at how much lower the temp reading was on the BBT.

Also, regarding temping, my schedule is pretty irregular, so I don't always wake up (and temp) at the same time every morning. Do you think this is really messing up my charting data?

I've been trying to be better at keeping up with friends on facebook lately & have found 4 more who are newly pregnant. Maybe it's contagious? Send me that virus, please!

ally, huge congrats to you on your bft! Yay! :appl: Have you told family/friends yet? How are you feeling?

China, I use the woman calendar app for iphone to track stuff. It's a bit pricey for an app (around $10) but works well & has a nice, clean interface.

HOT, sorry this cycle didn't work out for you, but hope you enjoyed the wine & more oysters for next cycle (silver lining?)

amc, I absolutely love your wedding gown & you look gorgeous in it! :love: Thanks for posting a pic! That's cute what your FI said about timing. Really not too long to wait...

Clairitek, that's so funny about the middle of the night urge to temp. I find myself dreaming about temping now! Did you find a new thermometer that doesn't offend hubby's sensitive ears? (I totally agree this could be an asset later on...)

S&I, welcome! I'm new here too & it's a great group!

janine, thanks for the post on age. I'm 36 & in NYC too. I'm glad your pregnancies have been so boring! :cheeky:

Lizzy, so glad you're trying this month & got confirmation from the digi opk! Fingers crossed for you & for a special birthday present! Have you had any side effects on the clomid?

S&I, sorry to hear about the fibroids, but hopefully it's nothing to worry about, as your doc says. Googling medical stuff on the internet can definitely be scary!

Missy, good luck with the heat wave BD-ing! Sounds like your timing has been great (yay for a positive OPK).

Ltlfirecracker, thanks for all of the detailed info. It definitely helps! This process can be kind of confusing with a lot of new information to juggle. Enjoy your vacation! Maybe you'll have a little souvenir.

LC, thanks for checking in & the positive vibes! Hope you're feeling well.

MP, sending you baby dust for your TWW. Hopefully that's just some implantation spotting, but if not, at least you'll have fun in Vegas? <hugs>

Pilsn, sounds like you ovulated! This is good news & hopefully your cycles will stabilize over time. Congrats on your SIL's pregnancy!

Hi to anyone I missed & sending everyone fertile vibes!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Brightspot, welcome back! I’m sorry about AF showing up. I can’t remember offhand how long you have been off BC, but I hope that you start ovulating consistently soon. That must be really frustrating. Glad you found a BBT that works well for you. DH didn’t believe me that a BBT was different from the regular thermometer we already had, so he did an experiment with the two thermometers, his meat thermometer and warm water : )

S&I, getting closer with the OPKs. I’m pretty excited to get away for our anniversary weekend. We haven’t had time to go anywhere or do anything other than work this summer.

Missy, congrats on being 3dpo! Try to keep yourself busy if you can for the next week!

LC, I just posted on the JBP thread. Congrats on seeing your little bean! Thanks for the eagle pose. You’re right – my DH has been an amazing support for me. I know he gets disappointed each month too, but he stays strong for me and keeps me positive even when all I want to do is cry. I’m lucky to have him.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

MP, that's so funny about your DH's experiment. I was a little reluctant to switch thermometers since I liked my regular one so much (super fast reading & big buttons), but I guess there is a difference. I've been off hbc since January. I think I might've ovulated once or twice during that time, (I was only temping one of the months in question) but it's not consistent. How are you feeling? Congrats on your upcoming anniversary! Hopefully it will be a fun trip for you guys & a bit of stress relief too.

So, I'm browsing Amazon to order some wondfo strips & came across a product called FertileCM: for Fertile Cervical Mucus. Has anyone tried this? I don't have much in the way of CM, so thought it might be worth a shot. (I've also been taking vitamin B6 per TCOYF to try to improve the situation.)

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

Hi all, just de-lurking to join the chorus of GOOD LUCK wishers to MP and Lizzy in the 2WW! I have still been reading this thread every day and I am thinking of you both! Really really want to see you joining the JBP thread.

(actually, I am gunning for everyone who's TTC, please don't feel less good-luck-wished!)

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

Wow, this thread moves quickly!

Claritek: Glad that both you and your DH are enjoying TCOYF. There’s so much valuable information in the book that is helpful for both parties in baby-making. How was Sonoma?

AMC: …Wonder why you O’d late? Our bodies are still mysterious at times. I loved the cruise story re: getting excited over a pregnancy surprise. Hopefully you WILL get a souvenir this time around!

Missy, MP and Lizzy: I’m crossing as many fingers and toes as I possibly can. I’m feeling optimistic for all three of you.

Missy and Lizzy: What are your reasons for not temping? I’m just curious to know. Is it a convenience thing, is the inaccuracy of temping a turn-off, or are you cycles uber predictable? I’m debating whether to continue on with temping.

MP, glad that your bleeding subsided. You said you’ve noticed it before… it this an every-cycle type of thing or a once-in-a-blue-moon type of thing? I experienced implantation spotting in the past, so I know it definitely happens- hoping that’s the case for you!

S&I: Hoping you ovulate sooner rather than later and catch that little egg!

Bright: Welcome back! Glad you had a nice trip, but bummer about the cold. No insight on the different waking temps, but I’ll take a look to see what TCOYF says about it. I know Fertility Friend says that for some women it doesn’t matter, for others it does. How helpful (not).

HELLO to anyone I missed! Nothin’ personal, just having a hard time keeping up! There are so many TTCers (or soon to TTC)- I love it!

AFM: Huge temp spike this AM, from 96.8 to 97.7. I think this is the real deal. Haven’t checked CM as I’m doing some masonry work on the house and my fingers are coated in mortar dust… Definitely don’t want that stuff in my lady-parts. It’s hard to believe that in two weeks(ish) DH and I will be BD-ing with the intent to create a little embryo. I know the novelty of this will eventually subside, but I’m enjoying the first-time jitters and excitement.

In other news, my dad is visiting from out of town and he, DH and I are doing MAJOR home improvement projects, including full-on front yard landscaping, sprinkler system, and fence repair. I’m exhausted but the results are worth it. Glad my dad is one bedroom over- it kept me from jumping the gun AND my husband the past few nights. One more month, one more month…

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Monkey & SI, Now that I remember correctly it actually took me 7 months. So although we do have some very lucky ladies on the TTC thread, who got KU right away, sometimes it just takes longer. Don't loose faith.

Bright, I wouldn't put much stock into your temps from last cycle if you were using a non-BBT thermometer. Hopefully this cycle you'll be all set and ready to go.

Pilsen, Whoa, lots of home improvements! You gotta post pics. I think there's "Pictures of my yard" thread or at least a garden thread on the FHH forum. Do share :)

~LC

jas

Brilliant_Rock

*CANNONBALLS INTO THREAD!*

Hello! I'm Jas...many of you may know me from my previous posts in the Preggo thread, the Newborn thread, and the Toddler thread. If you do, you know I have twin 2-year-old boys, which is also why my posting ground to a near-halt.

I had a miscarriage earlier this month and have gotten the go-ahead to TTC immediately. Well, not immediately. That would have been awkward at the doctor's office...especially since DH wasn't there.

Anyhoo, I feel a little less cock-sure (forgive me) this go around...we got pregnant with the boys immediately, and this last one was a one-shot-wonder. It's been quite a month.

No idea what cycle day to consider this, due to m/c, but it's likely around Day 9. I'm still spotting, so I decided to just blow FF's mind this cycle and enjoy watching it blow a proverbial gasket as my temperatures do a fairly normal All-Over-Creation-Post M/C thing. And I bought some digital OPKs just so I can have something to pee on.

So that's the general story with me. Hope you don't mind me playing in the pool here for awhile! :mrgreen:

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

Jas - Nice splash!! Haha...welcome to the thread!! Sorry to hear about your M/C, hopefully you'll get right back on track soon! Wow twins huh...my mom is a twin and her mom was a twin too. We have yet to see any more twins in our family since then. I'm not sure how that whole twin generation thing works or if it's even true...but possibly having twins is always in the back of my mind! :o

PPM - Thank you! I'm not temping because I didn't want to go crazy with analyzing/testing everything possible to start off. I stopped BC the end of May and my first cycle off I was totally in the dark with what my body was doing so I decided to check out OPKs and am using them this cycle. Also checking CP and CM. So basicially doing everything but temping! So if this doesn't work out I know I have another step to add if I need to.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock

Well hi there Ladies!

It's been almost 2 weeks since i've been able to post and boy have you girls been busy! So many new faces and so much going on, please forgive me for my less than stellar catchup...

Missy! Yay for your first official TWW!! how exciting for you. :)) How are you feeling about it? Do you have anything planned to keep you occupied?

jas ~ best. introduction. ever. you had me snickering at my desk at work. So sorry to hear about your m/c last month, i can understand you being a little less sure this time round. 2 year old twin boys must be fun! (and a lot of work) I work with twins so i get to see many of them, are your identical or non identical?

Hi LC ~ glad to see your appointment wet well, even if it wasn't quite what you were hoping. Can't believe you are 9 weeks along already! time is flying.

PPM ~ not long to wait now! I'm sure all those home reno's will be stopping you from jumping your hubby too! :naughty:

Brightspot ~ Sorry AF came. Glad to hear you are being proactive and are heading off to the Dr's soon. I haven't tried the fertile CM product but i have read ladies on here in the past talking about pre seed which i think is the same, and yes, i believe others have had good results with it. Can't hurt to try yeah? Yep, we are just about up to oyster time again (these things are gonna cost me a fortune!) :cheeky:

Mp ~ I'm voting for implantation spotting. ;)) but if it's not, i would be looking at it with 'a glass half full' perspective considering you have a trip to vegas coming up! Do you have anything in particular planned? If you concieve in Vegas will you name the baby after the hotel or something? (kidding, unless of course you would consider the idea :cheeky: ). How many dpo are you now?

S&I - We haven't met before, but hi!

Lizzy ~ I was so excited to read that you guys decided to go ahead with trying this month. My fingers are crossed for an extremely sticky bean or two! Good luck with the wait. I'll be thinking of you.

Hello to everyone else! My scroally thing wont let me go down any further.

AFM: Well it has been a crazy two weeks at work with the school holidays. I've been leaving home before 7am and getting around 7pm at the earliest 6 days a week for 2 weeks straight and then because i'm just a little bit nutty, on my one day off I had to take care of my other job that i decided would be a good idea to take on for 6 months. I'm so glad the school holidays are over! I had yesterday off from work though and took my daughter to see Harry Potter, I really enjoyed it (although was a little worried when i found myself weeping a little over the fact that there would be no more Harry Potters, ha! :loopy:). We went to Ikea yesterday and my husband suggested we buy a cheap highchair, as when friends with babies come over they have no where to put them when we eat. My DD, bless her, kept saying "we can't because it's bad luck! we can't because it's bad luck!" I had once told her that it was bad luck to buy stuff for a baby before you are actually having a baby and she remembered, So now we have to get some friends over to christen the chair quick smart! In other news, another friend from school announced she is 4 weeks pregnant. She used an App called 'pink pad' to track her days (she didn't temp or anything) and she thinks that's why she got ku'ed.

Oh, i guess i should give an update as to where I am (ha ha) it's CD 13 today so we will be getting ready to rock and roll this weekend!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock

JUst peeking in to say YAY for the TTC HOT so excited for you :) - I was too really sad to see HP end but the last movie was really good hope you have good news soon :)

Good luck ladies I hope all your journies are short and sweet :)

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

BrightSpot, thanks for the welcome! Sorry about AF coming and about your summer cold. I am definitely not considering my fibroids as a fertility problem, though I do think it is good that I found out about them. Regarding CM, I think Dreamer suggested drinking tons of water everyday to try to increase it. Feel free to ignore me if you have already tried that without success.

MP, wishing you lots of luck in Vegas and a happy anniversary! Hope your temps are still high!

PPM, it sure does sound like you ovulated - yay! Hope your next cycle is even more predictable so you can catch that egg!

LC, thanks for the reassurance. Hope you and your LO are doing well!

Jas, I am so sorry for your loss, but it sounds like you have been blessed with 2 wonderful twin boys. Welcome back, and I hope your stay here is short and sweet!
HOT, it's nice to meet you! :wavey: Good luck this cycle!

Lizzy and Missy, my fingers and toes are still crossed for you that this is your cycle!

AFM, I am at CD12 today, and my IC is still showing a gradual darkening, although it's still super faint. I'm fine with that, since I usually O later in my cycles. But I started noticing some changes. ***TMI Alert*** Yesterday, I had some gloopy CF that was clear (as in not opaque) with a yellow tinge. It was slippery and slightly stretchy, but I don't think it was EWCM. I don't know how to classify it though. I didn't mark it in FF yet, since I wanted to be sure that I wasn't confusing it with arousal fluid or something else. I found it again this morning in the shower - same consistency, but no longer yellow tinged. What do you ladies think it could be? Dreamer, are you lurking? Also, do any of you get itchy (*)(*) before AF arrives? I think I do, and mine were definitely itchy this morning. I also just felt some slight cramping similar to what I get when AF is visiting, but not as harsh. I hope I'm not about to get an early AF without even Oing this cycle. :((

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

amc80|1311625567|2976523 said:

Are you serious? I used to live there! Born and raised in the central valley but moved to the WC after grad school (and commuted to Emeryville, yuck). One of my best friends still lives there.

That's wild! Wow, the commute to Emeryville must have been... horrendous. I work in Dublin and my husband works in Vacaville. We're a single car family so I get picked up my a coworker but the days that this guy is off I have to take BART which means going all the way around the long way (WC to Oakland, Oakland to Bay Fair, Bay Fair to West Dublin). Takes me 3x as long! Where do you live now? I'm gathering East Coast since you're getting married in FL!

Wish there was a way to be in touch so I could hear more about living in WC from you! We've been here since October but are always looking to learn more about what there is to do in the East Bay.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Clairitek|1311691464|2977050 said:
amc80|1311625567|2976523 said:

That's wild! Wow, the commute to Emeryville must have been... horrendous. I work in Dublin and my husband works in Vacaville. We're a single car family so I get picked up my a coworker but the days that this guy is off I have to take BART which means going all the way around the long way (WC to Oakland, Oakland to Bay Fair, Bay Fair to West Dublin). Takes me 3x as long! Where do you live now? I'm gathering East Coast since you're getting married in FL!

Wish there was a way to be in touch so I could hear more about living in WC from you! We've been here since October but are always looking to learn more about what there is to do in the East Bay.

Isn't there a bus that goes from the WC Bart to the Dublin Bart? (checking) You can take the 96x to San Ramon and then transfer to the 97x. That's got to be faster than the Bart route you're taking! The commute to Emeryville was horrible. I don't miss that at all. I did it for just under two years and then got a new job in San Ramon (24 Hour Fitness corporate headquarters). That commute was SOOO much better. Now I live in Reno and have a 3.5 mile non-freeway commute. I'm not gonna lie, it rocks. Oh and we have zero connections to Florida...we are picking it because that's where the cruise we want is :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results