shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy Thread-Newborn to 12 months!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi, it is GREAT having both boys home!!! :appl: :love: :love: They love each other. At first they didn't notice each other but then the next day when would would cry the other would whimper and vise versa. It is hard holding them together because they are so active; here is the proof! Dad was cute and did this and I found them like this!!! Brother thinking the other is a pacifier. LOL :D :cheeky: Also a pic of myself and E after a bath; he is getting a few mins of fresh air while I towel him off. :bigsmile:

Thanks so much for all the Congrats and support here!!! Hugs to all you mommas!!! :wavey: :wavey:

NOEL, aw, I am so sorry. I used A&D ointment (it is a vasaline and something else) it is a good barrier; I hope it the rash stays away. Poor little Skye; she is so stinkin beautiful!!! I bet she is the apple of your eye :love:

283204_2065514451282_1647411459_1996578_3095307_n.jpg

DSC_9661.JPG

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I love the pic of Skye laying on her lap!

Skippy~ So glad your family is together!!

Thumb sucking- I did this until I was 9. It's self-soothing thing. My mom tried everything from hot sauce, to nail polish, to gloves, to coming in and removing it from my mouth while I was sleeping. But, I needed to soothe so that's what I did. Most kids in healthy homes will stop on their own. Usually by 3-4. Don't worry about it yet. (in case you're wondering, I don't have buck teeth!)

diaper rash- Are you sure it isn't heat rash? They look similar and if you can't figure out where the diaper rash would come from, it may be heat rash. Lily has it right now. Air the bum for a while each day. I let Lily crawl around nakey for a while. (not on the carpet)

drinking from a cup- Most babies will be able to drink from a cup if Mom is holding it by 9 months. But, that doesn't mean you need to switch her to it permanently until she's older. She can move to it when she's ready. (after she's done banging a cup every time she sees it. ;)) )

AFM, I've had Baby T 3 days this week. I don't know what is going on with him but he has decided he needs to eat every 2 hrs and won't sleep for more than 15 minutes at a time. I'm hoping it's just the heat that's bothering him and that this is not his new norm. Lily went up to him yesterday and he just looked at her and screamed! It was pretty funny. Like he was saying, "Don't you touch me!" JT starts Kindergarten in a month! It's going to be so weird not having him home with me. So, on that note I have a piece of advice for you all. Make sure your children don't mind being away from you! JT's having a hard time with the thought of being gone hours a day.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Skippy! Love the pics of the two brothers together. And Evan looks so cute and chubby! If it weren't for your posts, I'd say he looks super healthy! And LOVE all the hair on both of them!!!!

SS, JT in Kindergarten!!! OMG! Where does the time go! I'm sure once he makes some friends etc, he's going to be just fine being away from you, even if you don't want him to be. How's Little Miss Lily doing? Is she walking yet? I totally created a co-dependent dog, so I'm hoping our kids will be more independent. :)

Noel, the picture of Skye bent over looks like she's looking for something under a couch or something like that. I hope the rash clears soon. And I think I've already told you this, but you've got yourself a BEAUTIFUL girl there. Tell Dad he better watch out!!!

~LC

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
lliang~ Nope, no walking for Lily. She crawls, pulls-up and cruises, but if she realizes she's standing on her own she screams and falls. I know JT will be fine at school. He's never really been away from me so it'll be a shock at first, but he'll get over it. I'll miss him but I'm looking forward to having that one on one time with Lily like I had with him. lol about your pooch. I should have encouraged JT towards more time away from me. He's just such an introvert. I am too, so I get it. We can just hang out and not even talk, just sit near each other and we're perfectly happy. I guess I don't know how to get him more extroverted or if I really should.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Delurking to say...

Skippy -- :love: :love: that pic of your precious boys together and interacting.
Noelwr -- that picture of Skye bending w/ her head touch her knees is just too cute! She's a little beauty.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
thank you SS, Lliang (Lisa), LILI!! :wavey:

SS, wow JT is already going to school?! that is so awesome!!! SS, I followed your diaper rash recommendations and they work!!! especially the airing the bum out! great tips! I bought an inexpensive hair dryer w/ a cool setting to use. hugs to you, JT and Lily.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend w/your beautiful lo's! :wavey: Right now Miles has colic; we tried zantac and it isn't helping :knockout: He spits up and cries often. Poor little guy. ;( Hubby and I take turns cuddling him but not sure what we will do when hubby goes back to work and I have 2! I do have part time help but when the fall semester starts she can only help me 3 days instead of the 5 she is doing now. I did read colic goes away at 5 month?? I do feel super bad for him, The MD said it is either colic or reflux and if the meds don't help it is colic. Anyone go through this?? I heard probitics helps?? Oh well, I do think about how quick they grow so this is a small blip in time . ;)) I do LOVE LOVE LOVE having them both home; it is the BEST and they are sweet babies for sure!!!

btw; you moms are the best photographers but then again the subjects are adorable!!! :D

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Skippy, I think DD started a thread about her H sleeping. SS suggested a warm bath and bicycling his legs slowly. Sounds goofy I know. My MIL was a prof at a med school and she said one of the docs said sometimes colic can be alleviated by some kind of leg manipulation, so I'd give SS's recommendation a shot. No harm in trying right?

~LC

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Skye spent 2 nights at my mom's and it was so quiet and peaceful at home. DH and I slept in yesterday and had a lovely quiet day in front of the TV. we were able to watch 2 movies, completely interrupted. I thought it might be difficult for Skye as she never slept anywhere except in her own room, but apparently she had a blast (undivided granny attention), ate well and stayed asleep for 11 hours, woke up for her bottle and then went back to sleep for another 2 hrs. I think we're going to do this once a month! that all said, I am looking forward to be reunited with my baby in a couple of hours.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Skippy I am so happy for you twinkie mumma :) I hope that it is not to mad at your house but I am sure your loving it - love the pics espeially the nom nom brother love - cacked me up so cute :D. So sorry to hear about M having colic poor bugger - while this is not the same L used to get the worst hiccups after she ate and would wake up crying she did not like them at all now she takes them in her stride so to help combat that I would hold her upright on my chest for 15-20 minutes eshe slept after each feed to allow the food to settle before putting her down - worked a treat only downside is at 4mths she still needs a boobie and mama to fall asleep - also if he has gas stuck and can't burp gently pumping his legs works - beware though it can also make them poo :)

Noelwr Glad that the sleepover at Grandma's went well as much as you love them it is nice to have a break once in a while - loving the new pics - I know I have probally said this before but Skye has some of the most beautiful eyes she is such a cutie :D

SS Could the bubba be going through a growth spurt? hopefully it does not last to long - like lliang said once JT makes some friends he will likely be great guns it is just eh getting used to it.

AFM I am a little bleugh at the momment have had a headache since yesterday thankfully it is periodic and not constant so that is a plus and Aunt flo decided to make an appearance :( was really hoping not to see her again yet especially with the BF

Soilds are still going well - she is seriously funny you put the food in her mouth and she is like ewwww what the hell is this but then wants to eat more - she has also started to recognise her spoon and plate and gets excited for the solids and wants to help feed her self by grabbing the spoon. YEsterday she decided a fist full of applesauce was the way to go :)

L is still refusing to nap - she has started to offically sleep through the night (my definition is sleeping till the sun rises) so she now wakes at 530am or 6am which is good and has generally eaten and gone down for another hour or two but now has regualrily ceased doing that as well - the kid gets tired through the day and wants to nap but she falls asleep during her feed and on me I go to put her in bed and she is wide awake and will not sleep - I tried to do CIO but I can't and epically failed

any suggestions on how to help her nap? she used to be an awesome napper but now does want to but can't seem to and is just tired a lot :( I make sure to read her cues - she generally wants to sleep around 11am 130pm and 3pm - the other issue is number twos she falls asleep and then does a number 2 and wakes up. I have tried darking the room, quiet down time and this worked the first day and now nada I generally now try to hold her for at least half and hour so she at least gets something - I am at a loss

Hope your all well

PS I know it is not friday but I have not uploaded anything in ages - Miss Liljana 4 and a bit months old eating Avocado - nom nom nom :)

lilysoildsnom.jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Dee~ are you doing a certain routine for every naptime? Can you figure out how long after she eats she's pooing? If you could wait for it and put her down clean maybe she'd sleep for you. Good luck!

Nothing much here. Sis was induced yesterday. BUT, it didn't work! She was sent home. They induced due to her high blood pressure. But, apparently not high enough to do a c-section?? Anyway, she goes back on thurs for her regular appt and then we'll see what happens.

Lily is so dramatic it's hilarious. When she gets mad she'll throw herself to the floor and just moan. And, when she sees Daddy, she throws her arms up and squeals like she's won the lottery. It is so hard not to laugh.

argh. Lily and Baby T have both decided to have melt downs. Bye for now.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
LLIANG (Lisa) how are you feeling? are you showing momma? :bigsmile: thanks!

SS, I did the leg movement while he had gas today and it helped. poor little ones! thanks for your tips!!! uh oh for melt downs! Hope things get better. Has L started walking? I hope your sis has her baby soon!

NOEL, is the diaper rash gone; I hope she feels better! Yay for your mom taking the baby. My mom asked my hubby and I if we wanted to leave the boys w/her! I said no, but maybe later when my twins are easier I will take her up on it!

DEELIGHT, she is beautiful!!! :love: How old is she now? WOW time flies!!! hope you feel better soon, boo to af! I had the opposite going on when I was ebfing; our bodies do weird stuff! Yay for sleeping through the night but boo to the bad napping. Let us know what works for her!!! I will be looking to you for tips later w/the boys! :D
lol, nom nom about my boys is right! hehe

Where are the other mommas!!! Please more pics of the beautiful babies!!! :D

Today hubby went back to work and left me with BOTH boys alone! :-o Sooo far so good; they are napping right now. phew! I have 20 mins to myself till the next feed. Hubby and I are so sleep deprived so I can't wait till they STTN! ha! THey are cuties though and their baby :mrgreen: smiles and laughs are so Worth the sleep deprivation. :halo: I do lots of caffeine in the morning to help me out!! I also bought a Moby sling so I am hope that will help me with Miles and his colic since cuddling helps soothe him a little more (it doesn't go away but it isn't such a full out melt down like normal). I feel sort of guilty not doing the same for Evan but Evan is hooked up to a heart rate monitor and oxygen so it isn't possible right now. I do play peekaboo and pull out the noisey toys to get him to laugh! Both laugh but Evan loves to laugh which I adore! :love: :love: Both boys have dimples (I have some) so it is cute to see they got them!!! Happy TUEEEES Mommas!!! How is everyone???

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
It's been awhile since I did a proper post, but I can't remember what comments I meant to say, so I'll just do ones for this page. I read every post though!

noel -- glad you got to have some uninterrupted couples time! I think that's so important! Little Skye is looking so beautiful!

SS -- I can't believe JT is in kinder! I will be so sad when that day comes for me.

Deelight -- love the avocado pic! She's a little cutie!

Skippy -- so glad you have them both home! You must be over the moon! Anderson had really bad reflux when he was younger. It cleared up at about 4 months I think? He would cry and cry and CRY and CRY, and then it got better, just like everyone else said. I remember thinking we had such a high maintenance baby and couldn't understand bc my DH and I have such easy-going mellow personalities. Now our baby (7 months) fits in with us much better. He's so chill and it's amazing the difference a few months have made. I hope it gets better soon for you!!!

AFM, Anderson turned 7 months last week. It was also DH and my anniversary last weekend, so we went to New Orleans and my mom and dad watched him for 2 nights. I missed him so much, but man, it was so nice to be able to get out past 6pm! He's so much fun. Still not crawling, but he wants to soooo bad. He has 2 little teeth coming in, and he hasn't really been that fussy. I have spent so much money on expensive toys for him, and what are his faves? A red spatula, his tube of Puffs, a green wooden cylinder, and a remote control with the batteries removed. It is so funny what he gravitates towards. I'm a little concerned bc he hasn't said much. He's very, very quiet. All of the books say they should be saying consonants starting at 6 months (bababa dadada mamama gagaga) and he just started doing the G sound, but not often. He makes a gargling sound all of the time, so I guess he's working on his G's. And he just started making a smacking sound at the front of his lips, so maybe the B's and P's aren't far off. The pedi told me to not worry unless it gets to 9 months and he isn't making consonant sounds. He laughs hysterically, which is so cute. I'm so thankful to have such an easy baby. Sleeps from 7pm to 7, sometimes even 7:30am without a peep. I love it!!! That's about it! Oh, and AF started yesterday. :angryfire:

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy hope your day went well! I remember when my DH went back to work, I think the boys were 8 weeks old, it was crazy busy but every day got a little better! Good luck!!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy - Those pictures of the boys are too cute!!! O sucks (or chomps) on us all the time :love:

Oliver started sleeping through the night (my idea of STTN)!!! He was getting restless with his night bottle so we decided to slowly cut down the amount we were giving him with the idea that he would be down to zero by Friday (easier to deal with CIO over the weekend, lol!), but he must have gotten the hint because Wednesday night he didn't get up until morning :appl: :appl: :appl:

And I finally got my disc with pro pics, I swear I won't post them all even though I want to :cheeky:

11111.JPG

22222.JPG

33333.JPG

44444.JPG

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
sorry, ladies, who have to deal with AF. I haven't had mine for 6 weeks and counting (when I usually have it every 26 days). one of the "perks" of chemo, I guess.

Deelight - L looks like such a fun baby to be around. I have no tips for napping, only to say that Skye also goes through periods where she isn't napping much. she can go a whole day, with day care, and no nap. don't know how she manages. and then the next day she'll take 2 naps of an hour. go figure.

SS - any news on your nephew/niece?

Skippy - the diaper rash finally cleared. my mom used talcum powder while she was with her. I know they recommend not to use powder as it can be inhaled by the baby, but if you shake it into your hand, away from the baby, and then apply, it sure helps keep that area dry! and what tiffany said about being home alone with the bubs: it gets better one day at a time (though I can speak for only half the experience as I've got only one).

Kunzite - I love O's smile in the 3rd pic down.

Lanie - I love New Orleans! Skye also loves all things that are not her toys: cables, remote controls, the video camera and Daddy's phone. she won't crawl for anything else (other than her pacifier). oh, and feet! she loves going after feet and toes. luckily she doesn't try to put them in her mouth. she also loves to chew on little boxes but they get soggy and she could choke on the pieces. so the other day I made her a toy out of a cylindrical plastic pill box and put little beads inside so it makes noise. she quite likes it.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Kunzite -- LOVE the pics!!!! Such a handsome little man! How did you get him so cheerful? Did you feed him right before, or a nap right before? I think I want to do photos soon, but the timing of being freshly napped and freshly fed can be sometimes hard to come by, and I'd be afraid he'd be in a bad mood for photos. They are great!!!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Noel~ I'm making up your AF absence. I'm on what appears to be a 5th flow in 9 weeks. It stops for a few days and then starts for a few days. lol

Lily isn't walking yet, but she cruises a lot. Today she ate cat food. :wacko:

Sis isn't showing any signs of labor starting.

Lots of stuff going on around here all of the sudden so I may be MIA for a few. My thoughts are always with the PS Mamas!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
I'm busy tomorrow so thought I'd do my Friday post today.

Skye crawling more and more, but more army crawl than also with knees, so she's starting to look less like a caterpillar. She loves the remote control to Daddy's lazyboy chair, which he leaves on the floor, so she presses the buttons and up and down Daddy's feet and back go. Still eating really well and also enjoys cream cheese on her bread as well as a soup bread stick. Tried today to get her to drink normally out of a cup. Chewed on the cup, stuck her tongue in the water, etc. We'll get there some time. She falls asleep within 5 minutes of putting her to bed with the music projector so I think the crawling is tiring her out. Still shakes her head a lot (am I the only one whose baby does this?) but smiles while doing it so I guess she's happy.

some photos of happy baby

thanks Lanie for the idea of an old remote control with no batteries

noelwr28711-1.jpg

noelwr28711-2.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Quick fly by to post a photo and short little update! I caved and have bedshared with Ryder the last two nights and it is very good. Not my first choice sleeping arrangement, but we tried the pick-up-put-down method for about 2 hours last night with no success. Will keep trying in the day to get him sleeping on his own. But he is so far a very different baby than Hunter was. A calm and generally serene boy, but he really does not like to sleep on his own! I think he still gets a little gassy, but I am now not convinced that is the issue really. Bah, time will tell. If being a second timer has taught me anything, it is that most of the issues we moms pull our hair out over and work so hard to change -- well they tend to just change on their own! Maybe not change how we want, but change in some way. So I am taking it day by day now. I am basically not leaving the hourse and wearing pajamas all day most days :cheeky: It is pretty lame!

LV Pandora posted some good stuff about bedsharing in my newborn sleep thread. I will tell you now your doctor will say not to do it ;)) First because the safe sleep guidlines say not to, and second because it is an issue where personal opinion, not just evidence based medicine, comes into play.

Here are some pics of Ryder!

ryder7.jpg

ryderoneday3Hunter.jpg

ryderoneday5Hunter.jpg

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer, so cute! Love the pictures of the brothers. Did Hunter's hair get that much lighter after birth? I remember you posting the side-by-side comparison, and to be honest, the two now look SO DIFFERENT! Good luck with the baby sleeping. Dunno what to tell you but sounds like you're zen about it.

Noel. OMG Little Miss Skye is the picture of cuteness!!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer and Noel-the LOs are so adorable!

So....big week in our house. Aidan has been hiding some super powers! He's started clearly saying a handful of words with obvious intent and correct application (doggie, kitty, cat, all done, and yeah), he learned how to suck from a straw which means he's onto sippy cups and can suck down pouch purees on his own, and he's learned how to climb up stairs. But my biggest news is....HE'S WALKING!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was playing with him on the floor at d/c tonight when I picked him up and he took about 5 steps all on his own!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
HH - wow, congratulations on all the wonderful milestones Aidan has reached in a very short period of time. you must be such a proud mama.

Dreamer - Ryder is so sweet. at first I thought he had an enormous head because it is as big as the hand in the middle picture, but then I realized it's Hunter's little hand. did Hunter also have as dark hair as Ryder at birth?

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
dreamer! congratulations - ryder is just adorable. he looks SO much like hunter in these pictures that it's uncanny - absolutely the same features. hope you are recovering well, and hunter is adjusting to his new role as big brother :twirl:

all of the PS babies are just too darn cute!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
KUNZITE, Oliver is such a doll!!!! I just love your little guy! :love:

TIFFANY, how are you momma?? I would love to see more pics of your handsome guys! It was a little tough when they cry at the same time. Otherwise I did it, woot!

NOEL ~ awwww she is a doll!!

DREAMER ~ your guys are precious!!!!!

HH, yay for A; he is awesome!!! He is going to be 1 soon right?

Well hubby going back to work was tough when my part time sitter was gone; she helps 3.5 hours a day so I was by myself in the afternoons. Some days were easier than others but overall it went well. :bigsmile: One baby doesn't feed as well and now I might have to call for an OT to come out to help me. I think since he had a feeding tube so long he just got lazy!! Now feeding him is a challenge. I hope he grows out of it soon. He did so good last week but the Nurse practitioner said that when they transition from the hospital to home they regress a little (M did and then got better). I just remind myself of what happened to our other baby. All is great otherwise!!! I have a baby swing coming in today and Miles finally didn't cry as much last night, only 1 hour, yay!!! This morning after feeding Miles he looked so cute that I took him to bed w/me for a nap. hehe

Happy Friday Mommas!!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay the good news is a feeding specialist is coming out to help Evan, yay! I hope the awesome specialist comes, fingers crossed!!! :saint: Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Oh and we got the Fisher Price My Little Snugabunny Cradle N' Swing; it helps w/the colic in the evenings!!! YAY :rodent:

Happy weekend mommas!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
So happy that you are handling things so well Skippy! A colicky baby but with twins...I couldn't imagine!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
nice summer's day in Holland. a little Dutch girl next to a windmill...

noelwr1811.jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the pic of Skye with the windmill!!!

Sis is going in for a second try at induction tonight. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have a new nephew!

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Noel---your little one is so adorable! I just want to squeeze her! I'm so jealous at your weekend off! I wish we had family that was closer.

Skippy--I'm so happy to see that your boys are home and it looks like they are doing well. I can't imagine having twins!

Kunzite---I love O! He's totally my baby crush :love:

Dreamer--Little Ryder is so cute! The picture of the brothers together is just precious.

I'm sorry, I'm probably missing a bunch of people. Just wanted to pop in and see if there were any new pictures! The babies on here are so cute.

As for us, Lorelei has her 3 month photoshoot tonight. I hope it goes well and we get some good shots. This weekend L really scared me cause she slept 10 hours straight Saturday and 14 hours straight on Sunday. I thought I had slept through her crying! Then, of course I stared at the monitor to make sure she was moving around stuff... I know it's probably paranoia but I just wanted to make sure she was ok. That seemed like such a long time. She's been STTN for move a month now, usually it's 8 hours than another 4 but wow. Don't get me wrong, we love that she STTN but it just made me nervous that something was wrong. Other than that, I am selling my convertible this week after I get it back from the shop (I had $8500 worth of hail damage on it from the Thursday before 7/4, it's been in the shop for almost a month now) so that we can get a car that better fits Lorelei's car seat, stroller, and all her stuff that seems to travel with :bigsmile: I'm sad but it's for the best, I think we are getting a Prius--any of you Mommas have one?

Happy Monday ladies!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
cupcake - I don't have a Prius, but I get one as a replacement vehicle every time our car has to go into the dealer. it is low (I am used to our SUV now), but otherwise I like that it is very quiet when you drive under 50 km/hr because it then runs on electricity. Skye's car seat and the stroller in the boot all fit in fine. once I couldn't get it to start (no key, you have to push a button), but it required it to be in Park AND that you push the brake in all the way at the same time, or something. the only negative about the Prius: the back window is so small.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results