clarity

PS Mommy Thread-Newborn to 12 months!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Quick pic of lily while visiting my sis :D love when she is asleep

WP_000042.jpg

geri

Shiny_Rock
Cat - C goes down for her naps much better now. I have worked on giving her some wind down time before her nap and also try to follow a routine of sorts each time I put her to sleep (wind down time in her room, into her sleep sack, put music on, give her a cuddle and put her into her cot, give her a kiss etc and leave the room). The majority of the time now I don't have to go back in to settle her. I will let her grizzle/protest but if she starts to cry I go in and settle her in her cot. This normally only takes a couple of minutes max and occasionally I need to use the paci to calm her. But it has taken me weeks of persistence to get to this point! Unfortunately it hasn't stopped the 40 minute catnaps but at least it is much easier to get her to sleep! Sadly, she has stopped STTN so I hope C continues to do that for you!

Pupp - wow that N doesn't eat during the day but it sounds like he is fine.

Noel - I'm not sure when you changed it, but I love the new profile pic! I think we will keep swaddling C for a little longer as she still wakes herself up after a couple of hours if she isn't wrapped. Will definitely keep a watch on the change table!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Just delurking to say...

DEELIGHT!!!!!! So happy to 'see' you and the beeeeuuuoootiful Lily!!! Can't wait to hear more about her. :appl: :wavey:

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Love coming here on Friday and over the weekend to see all the beautiful babies!

Violet is now rolling all over the place (Back to tummy and tummy to back) I also can't believe how quickly time is flying by! She is already 12 weeks!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
LV – DC has been okay so far. We are having some napping issues but it’s mostly because O doesn’t go to sleep well, not anything they’re doing. We struggle to get him to sleep at home too so I can’t expect miracles from them. We did have the rise pre-snapped so I think they might have accidentally unsnapped it and then didn’t know how to fix it, lol! I can’t believe your DC threw away a diaper! How in the world does that happen? We do 2oz in volume. These are the containers I was talking about:

http://www.amazon.com/Fresh-Freeze-Reusable-Containers-12-Pack/dp/B002YQQQJW/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1309743167&sr=1-1

Cat – Thanks for asking about my kitty. No, we don’t know why she licked the hole. She’s a little OCD to begin with and will lick the same spot over and over. This time she just took it to the extreme! She’s healing up nicely right now but we still have to keep a close eye on her so it will heal completely. Good luck going back to work. I bet that must be so hard after being home for 19 weeks. In a way it’s great to spend a lot of time at home at first, but I can also imagine that it makes it that much harder to go back to work. We deswaddled cold turkey. It was rough but we got through it. Little C will too!

shiny – I can’t believe L is almost 1!! Happy early birthday!!

Allie – I wish I had some recipes to share but we’re still on single food purees. So far we’ve done sweet potato, carrot, peas, bananas, avocado (which O HATED!!!!), and apples.

HH – Such cute pictures!! A is so cute!

noel – Oh my goodness, so cute!! It amazes me how similar O and S are in their development. O is crawling backwards right now and babbles up a storm. He says ba, ba, ba and da, da, da, all the time! It sounds like he’s saying Dada (like daddy) but we know he’s not because we never say that around him, only papa. It makes me think that all of those fathers out there that think their babies are talking to them, but they probably aren’t. Haha!

Skippy – Miles gained 11 ounces in one week?! Wow mama, that’s huge!! I’m so proud of him! I’m always thinking of you and hoping little E gets to come home soon. Hugs!!

geri – C is a doll. O became really restless when he hit the 5 month adjusted age too, although no teeth yet!

Pup – Two teeth?! I bet that is just too cute. You need to post more pictures of little N. I want to see how big he’s getting! I forgot to say before, but your robot theme sounds so cool. I love it! Make sure to take plenty of pictures.

RT – Cute pictures!

Dee – Awwww, she looks so comfy (and adorable!)!!

AFU – We’re still having awful nights here and there. O is on his third illness from daycare (three weeks, three illnesses!). Boo! Last night he was up three times, once for an hour and a half. I can handle the lack of sleep but I just get so sad that he’s not feeling well and I can’t make it all better. My poor baby. We tried bananas yesterday afternoon and he puked them everywhere! I don’t think it was the bananas themselves that didn’t agree with him, his little tummy was probably just full of snot. Wow, my baby has a lot of snot! Not much else is new, hopefully his backwards crawling will turn to forwards crawling soon. I know he really wants to get moving!!

And since I don’t have a BPF here’s the menu for the week… butternut squash! Yummy!!

IMG_14322.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Mom's! Beautiful baby pictures, awwww!!! Sorry this is going to be a quick post. I think Miles has thrush. How can you tell? I noticed in the back of his tongue that there was a light milk coating and now it seems to be more. My hubby doesn't think so but I notice his mouth more so I think it might be. I guess I will give the doctor a call. any tips on treating it? I also notice he is fussy when eating; we did bf a few times but I mostly feed him a bottle. I guess it is pretty common?? thanks so much in advance!

Dee, aww, Lily is beautiful!! so happy to see you posting!!!

KUNZITE, aww, your poor little one; hope he feels better soon, sending healing vibes and hugs to you momma.

GERI, she is such a doll!

RT, cute pics!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Skippy!

Thrush is super common. There's a good possibility that you have it as well as Miles though so you're probably going to want to give your OB a call and get the meds whether you think you're having symptoms or not. Yeast is something that you have to be proactive in treating or you and Miles will just pass it back and forth to each other over and over again. Call the pedi and get some nystatin for the little man. Boil all of your pump and bottle parts to sterilize and allow them all to dry very thoroughly before using them. You might not be able to use any of the pumped milk you've pumped recently because it could be contaminated, but ask your pedi about that. You'll also want to wash your nursing bras and pads (if you use reusables) in super hot water with bleach to kill off any yeast in the fabric. And keep an eye on M's bum as sometimes the yeast can travel through the digestive tract and give him a yeast rash on his butt.

Kellymom.com has lots of into on treating thrush.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful babies!!!!

Just popping in to say your babies are so deliciously CUTE!!!!

Skippy, I initially thought M had thrush because she was fussy in the initial months and had a thin white coating on the back of her tongue. I tried to "rub" it off with a soft wet washcloth but it didn't really seem to budge. Being a new parent, I was convinced she had thrush and went to the doctor the same day. LOL! The pediatrician told me it was just a little milk coating her tongue. Boy, did I feel silly! Ha! Oh well, better safe than sorry. Sure enough, the next morning her tongue was perfect and pink. :love:

Hudson Hawk gave you the best advice, though. If it is thrush, it's better to treat it right away and take preventative measures to pass it back and forth. Does Miles have any white spots on his gums or cheek? I know it's hard to look in there! M always stuck her tongue out and wiggled it so much I could never get a really good look in there! Good luck! I hope Miles just has a little light milk coating and it's not thrush!!!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Hi gals. Your babies are just gorgeous!

Just wanted to pop in and ask a question.

I have a friend with a one week old. She is trying her hardest to BF, but baby isn't eating from the boob, and she is only getting 3oz per DAY when pumping.

I remember reading a week or so back that a few of you had tried a new product to increase flow. Not Fenugreek, but something I had never heard of. Can you all let me know what is was? I think RandomThought mentioned it.

Thanks!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
meresal|1309898608|2962192 said:

I have a friend with a one week old. She is trying her hardest to BF, but baby isn't eating from the boob, and she is only getting 3oz per DAY when pumping.

I remember reading a week or so back that a few of you had tried a new product to increase flow. Not Fenugreek, but something I had never heard of. Can you all let me know what is was? I think RandomThought mentioned it.

Thanks!

Mer, I thought she said Fenugreek. There is Mother's Milk, the tea and tincture she could try?? Here is a list of herbal remedies she could use http://www.kellymom.com/herbal/milksupply/herbal-rem_j.html My milk took a long time to come in in the beginning.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
HUDSON, thanks so much!!!

BLISS, thanks and glad M didn't have thrush!! Please let us know how M is doing! I would love to see a pic if you want to share (I understand if you don't too). How old is she now? How are you?

Soooo we went to the ped today. He said it could be thrush or it could not be thrush. :| He said that thrush is very normal especially in young babies like mine and that it is good to wait a bit since the body's natural flora might figure it out. He says they give lots of mothers antibiotics during birth so it messes w/the yeast balance. My son doesn't have any white patches in his cheeks, roof of the mouth or lips. Anyway he told me to wait and see if it gets better. If it gets worse he wrote us a script for Nystatin. I guess I will wait? I hope it isn't thrush. Thanks for the info!!!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
meresal|1309898608|2962192 said:

Thanks!

Meresal,

Was it mother's milk tea? It has fenugreek in it. It may have been something else?

How often is she pumping? I'll be back with more.

ETA: The discussion I believe you're referring to is on page 411.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mer, Domperidone? A few moms have taken this but, if I remember correctly, you can't get a script in the US. Or maybe Blessed Thistle?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Domperidone is supposed to be awesome, but ditto Pupp, you can't get an RX in the states. The people I know who've taken it ordered it online from Canada.

Kellymom.com has some great advice for increasing supply through pumping technique and using herbs, etc...

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks girls. I am going to pass these along. I really should have tried to use some of these when I was feeding almost dry, all of my 7 months worth.

I did find the discussion on 411, LV, thank you. I must have been thinking out of my mind when I posted... she specifically said "Fenugreek", ha.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
it's amazing how babies are more interested in stuff that isn't a toy than their own toys. Skye can spend a long time lying in front of her bouncer seat, just grabbing the straps or the adjustment knob, and of course trying to lick it. and she is mesmerized by tags that I forgot to cut off a blanket or toy. she just keeps picking at it... and will put it in her mouth if possible, of course.

Skippy - Skye had really bad thrush for about 2 months, if I remember correctly. it was also only the tongue, but all over it. it just doesn't look great when you take pictures and they smile and show their tongue the doctors here also recommended not to do anything and wait. after a while of waiting, I got tired and used that stuff the other ladies here mentioned. it was sticky and smelled sweet, and Skye thought it was really disgusting. after a couple of weeks using that, it didn't do anything for the thrush, so I gave up. eventually she just grew out of it. you just have to watch it because it can make drinking painful, though Skye never had that problem as she would finish her bottles fine. I didn't breastfeed, but you can keep passing it between each other. I would sterilize each bottle after every use and just started a habit that I still keep on today.

Kunzite - that's quite the butternut squash feast! please don't ruin my dreams... Skye babbles "Mama" so I know she's talking to me... :tongue: poor O and his bananas. I was just thinking the other day how lucky we are that Skye only vomited in the 2nd week of life and then once again when she was about 13 weeks (all milk). I am sure I just jinxed myself. DH thinks she'll be crawling forward by the end of the week. she manages to get on all fours and bounce back and forth a little, but just ends up pushing herself back and on to her tummy.

tao - wow, Violet's a super early roller, no?

Deelight - Lily's so sweet sleeping in her pink outfit. looks so peaceful.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hudson_Hawk|1309907503|2962296 said:
Domperidone is supposed to be awesome, but ditto Pupp, you can't get an RX in the states. The people I know who've taken it ordered it online from Canada.

Kellymom.com has some great advice for increasing supply through pumping technique and using herbs, etc...

ditto on Domperidone; it doesn't have the horrible side effects Reglan has. I have not taken either but the LC's in the hospital say it is a shame that domperidone is only offered in the US by a compounding pharmacy.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
LV ~ I wish back in the NICU they gave us a sheet like that. I burned out easily w/the 10 + pump sessions they suggested. I think the link you posted is very realistic!

KUNZITE ~ thinking of you and little O; hope he is feeling better.

HH~ how is your handsome little guy!!!

NOEL ~~ ditto HH on the picture; sooooo adorable! thanks for the info. I filled the prescription for the nystatin but if it doesn't work I might do what you did. I am glad her thrush cleared up!

TAO ~ how is Violet? she is so cute!

BLISS ~ I am dying to hear more about you and little M!! Please come back and post!!! You are missed here!

Well I filled the prescription for Nystatin but the pharmacy sent me home with a GIANT dropper. The bottle said 1/2 a dropper; I looked at the dropper and looked at the bottle (the bottle was a tiny bit bigger than the dropper). Then I noticed it said 60 doses! :shock: Ummm, if I would have used that dropper my son would have had half the bottle of meds already. I am glad I figured that out quick, bad mistake w/the pharamcy. When I called to tell them, they said they ran out of the right droppers! Whaaaa?!?! :nono:

Well, Miles seems to spit up more, have gas. Is this reflux?? I notice if we keep him upright for long periods of time he does better?? We tired gripe water and it didn't help. I will go back a few pages and read the reflux posts.

Well Evan right now is in isolation and the hospital; his white blood cell count dropped to a crazy number. It sounds like the Hematologist is doing all the right things. We are holding tight for a few weeks in hopes that his white blood cells come up. Please keep our little guy in your prayers, thanks!!!

Hope everyone has a Wonderful Friday tomorrow and soooon Weekend!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
<3to Skippy, Mr. Skippy, Miles and most of all to Evan.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, I'll be keeping little Evan in my thoughts. I'm so sorry you've hit a rough patch.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Skip~ So much love is going out to your family! I pray that you all are comforted and that Evan is able to come home soon.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Dust to the Skippy family!!!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Skippy, thinking about you and your family. Dust to your precious little Evan...

~LC

geri

Shiny_Rock
Skippy - sending lots of positive vibes for little Evan. I hope you get to take him home soon.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy - I am keeping Evan in my thoughts. Big hug to you, Miles, and Mr. Skippy. Lots of dust for a speedy recovery!

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy- prayers for Evan and big hugs and prayers to you and Mr. Skippy!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending quick recovery dust for Evan! I hope he improves super-quickly.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy - much dust to Evan for a quick recovery. Skye also used to spit up a little after every bottle so I would keep her up right for 15 min after drinking and that really helped. now we can lay her down right after a bottle, no problem. don't know anything about reflux, but other ladies here do.

HH - I think you have a cute avatar, too.

- - -

Skye turned 7 months yesterday! here some pics

bouncing on hands and knees

anyone see a drooling teddy bear?

in her I LOVE AFRICA suit from DH's family

noelwr97111.jpg

noelwr97112.jpg

noelwr97113.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results