shape
carat
color
clarity

Summer Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I hope you are having a great weekend.

Deegee, that is nice you are in a small town but still near some big cities. We can get to most places in Denver in under 2 hours. That makes it nice for shopping and days trips. It sounds like you got some nice things on your trip to the outlet stores. Hopefully the church was still decorated for you in January. It's always a good plan to try and save on taxes. Sounds like Matt has his man cave all set up. Plasma TV's have issues at higher altitude so we have the LCD flat screen. We are not going to get the 55" TV - that is a lot of money for an upgrade. It's not like my diamonds that I can trade in for full value. Have fun at the Reds game and visiting your parents.

We spent some money at Lowes this weekend - new bushes for our yard. Marty spent the day in our yard cutting out bushes that grew too big and near the house. He had fun. He can't get the stumps out so we'll probably have to get our lawn service to do that for he. He dug on them, borrowed a chain saw and still couldn't get them out. His pickup bed is full of stuff for the compost place.

Yesterday was very busy. I ran errands, met my dad and his buddies for coffee break, bought new tennis shoes, picked up mini pizza and took them to work for the card player group and we played hearts. Then I came home and did some work around the house. Marty got off work about 2:30 so I went with him to play golf. I rode around in the cart with him. We didn't get done until nearly 7:30. Marty's folks were still at the social club so we had a few drinks with them.

This morning I cleaned and did laundry. This afternoon I played on my iPad. I found puzzles and downloaded a bunch of free apps for them. They are kid of fun.

Tomorrow we are going to meet the inlaws and play golf.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. Happy Independence Day (for those of us in the USA) and happy Monday to those of you elsewhere. :wavey:

I was just getting ready to post last night and PS wouldn't come up for me anymore. Rats. Glad to see it works fine this morning.

Yesterday was a long, hot day for me. I bought an apple cinnamon pancake mix a few weeks ago so I made it when we got up yesterday and fixed Marty some sausage. Breakfast was at about 7 am. I went to water my parent's flowers and picked up some snacks and bottled water for our golf outing to Nebraska. We met the inlaws at the edge of town and headed out. Our tee time was 10:45. We got there about 9:50 and they were completely out of golf carts. I reserved them as well when I called on Saturday. So the guy tells us it would probably be about 11:30 before he gets two golf carts. This course is huge and hilly - Marty said no way were we walked it. So we went down the street to Subway and had something to drink and went back. About 11:15 they get two golf carts and give them to this other foursome. My FIL talked to the guy and their tee time was fifteen minutes later than ours. So my FIL goes in and asks and the guy said they were here first. Excuse me? We were there over an hour ago. Funny thing was this other guy had been complaining to the guy in the golf shop about the 8 Wyoming and 4 Colorado cars in the parking lot because he had to wait. I think he got the carts first because he was a local guy. Grr. Anyway we get our carts about 11:30 and get started. The temperatures were in the 90's by then and it took us over 5 hours to play 18 holes. We were all so hot we were miserable. I got sunburned too. The worst part was I took snacks and since I was hot, hungry and bored I ate tons of snacks. Okay the dry roasted nuts weren't as bad as the ghardettos mix but I ate too much. We picked up healthy Subway sandwiches for supper though. We stopped at my inlaws house and ate our sandwiches. They live about 7 miles out of town. I didn't even had a glass of wine; I was so hot all I wanted was ice water. It's pretty hot here today but I have on shorts and a light shirt. Yesterday I work dockers and a light twin set. I am usually not very warm so yesterday was a shock to my system. Marty had a few great shots though so he had fun. It felt like 2 am when we got home at 8:30 last night.

This morning I made us each one more of the apple cinnamon pancakes but they thickened being mixed up and left in the frig so I didn't get them done. Marty was polite and ate all of his but I just ate around the edge. I made him sausage again. I did the dishes, went to water my parent's flowers and then swifer and vacuumed. The inlaws are coming by about 1:30 then Marty is going to take his mom to the driving range for some lessons. She hits really straight but dips before she hits the ball. If she could get some air on them she'd be a great golf player. Of course messing with what you know will probably screw up her golf game for awhile. My FIL and I are going to have a drink in the bar while they practice.

I need to do some more laundry today and buy food. I have no desire to do either though.

My right knee (the worst of the two) popped yesterday and actually seems to bend better than it has for years but it's tender and stiff. Probably none of the above is good for it. I'm hitting advil but will pay attention to it today. It's been bad enough I should go see a doctor about it so I hope I didn't push it over the edge. Aak. Wish me luck on that.

Have a fun and safe day!
Marcy

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi! Marcy pointed me towards this thread and I love it.

I decided, for the first time in my life, that I needed to lose weight and start eating better. I have terrible habits: I am a total chocolate addict, I have no set meal time, I don't exercise, etc.

So far, this is what I have planned. Please help me improve it!

- 3 set meals a day. Since I am a night owl (I work from home, too, which allows me to keep crazy hours), I usually go to sleep at 3am and wake up at 10:30.
lunch (11:30)
supper (18:00)
late night meal (12am)

- I am not going to keep chocolate or sweets in the house, since I will eat it if it is around. Occasional treats will be purchased specifically.

- I live alone, which is good in some ways (no one to complain about healthy meals) but it can be a pain, since veggies are usually sold in large portions (which go bad) and most recipes have too many servings.

But how many calories should I aim for daily?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome, Lady Disdain. It sounds like you've made some plans already. Working from home will be a little more challenging so good call to keep things like chocolate out of the house. I found that eating 5 to 6 times a day kept me less hungry. I eat breakfast, lunch, supper and have snacks in between. I buy a lot of fresh fruit and raw veggies to keep on hand. I clean them up when I get home from the grocery store so they are ready for the week. It's a good idea to keep a journal and record everything you eat. There are several web sites than can help you figure out a daily calorie range. You don't want to go below 1200 calories a day and many people lo weight eating about 1400-1600 calories. Again once you plug in your info it will give you a target range. I also find it helpful to plan out my calories for the next day. I am so excited for you.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good evening!

Welcome Lady Disdain! It sounds like you've got a good plan going. I think sparkpeople is a website where you can determine your caloric intake for losing weight. My husband keeps a lot of junk food around the house and it's hard sometimes to stay away from it. I was very determined when I lost weight not to let it bother me, and so far it hasn't. He won't touch fruit and veggies, but I buy plenty anyway. I spend a good amount of time each week cutting things up and getting everything put into containers for the fridge, and everything usually lasts the week. He got on the scale a few weeks ago and decided that he needs to lose about 30 pounds, so he has joined a Weight Watchers at Work group which is supposed to start next week. I'm hoping to get him to eat fruit...and salad.

marcy - sounds like you've been busy! That's too bad about the golf cart fiasco. I hope it didn't ruin your day. I hate that your knee is bugging you. Matt overdid it today playing with ball with the kids without his knee braces, and he is having a lot of knee pain this evening...but his didn't pop like yours did. Good luck if you end up going to the dr for it. I'm not allowed to play golf because of the twisting motion and my crappy back. In our younger days, Matt and I would go golfing and walk the course. I really miss being able to do that! It sounds like you guys are getting a lot done on your house. They are coming to measure and create the template for our new countertops on Friday. I can't wait until they're installed!

Do I really have to go back to work tomorrow? We got home a short while ago from our weekend traveling. We went to my hometown in KY to watch fireworks with my family on Saturday night, and then headed to Cincinnati early the next morning. The Reds won their game, but it was a miserably hot mid-90 degree day with high humidity. We couldn't stand the thoughts of food and drank water the entire game. We checked into the hotel afterward, took naps and showers and then went to eat. I think the combination of the heat and going too long without food made me really sick because my meal didn't agree with my stomach at all. I got really nauseous while we were visiting my in-laws...although visiting them could be the reason I got sick... We left Cincinnati early this morning to head back to my parents' house for a cookout, wiffleball game/pool outing. We're finally home and exhausted! I wanted to go straight to bed, but made myself do a load of laundry and get my breakfast and lunch for tomorrow ready. Our town moved the location of their fireworks display this year to a park which is less than 1 mile (as the crow flies) from our house, so we sat on the porch and watch the entire show. Very cool. I'm glad I didn't go to bed...I love fireworks! Have a great day tomorrow!!!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi everyone! Sorry to hear about all the bad knees.

Deegee - I have a bad back as well. I have had arthritis since my early 20s. Fortunately, it is under control now, but sometimes it flares up if I sleep in an awkward position, over exercise or wear too high heels.

Today was a pretty good day. I had a wonderful Indian vegetarian platter (basmati rice with spinach, chickpea dahl, vegetable samosas and eggplant) for lunch - tons of wonderful veggies but not too low fat, perhaps. Dinner was a Guatemalan chicken stew, thickened with sesame seeds with brown rice and flax seeds. My late night meal will be full grain toast with cream cheese and an egg. The bad news: 75 grams of chocolate. At least I cut back a little today. Tomorrow will be better.

I also signed up on Sparkpeople - why don't they have "give up chocolate" as a goal? I am sure it is very common!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. You know the weekend seemed like it was a week long since I was so busy for 4 days and I was ready to go back to work. Then I went back to work and I wanted to go home at noon. Go figure.

The night was short. I got to bed about 11 and our neighbor across the street started shooting off fireworks from his back yard. They were going up and over his house and coming down over our RV, Marty’s pickup and our house. I was thrilled! :angryfire:

I had toast and cereal for breakfast. Mac and cheese for lunch and made us bacon cheeseburgers for supper. I made Marty some spicy frozen french fries to go with his. I used the 120 calorie english muffins for our buns.

I was going to go grocery shopping tonight but didn’t venture back out. I am going to have to be very inventive tomorrow night for supper. I might try to make tomato sauce out of leftover cherub tomatoes. It could work.

Deegee, the golf cart fiasco flustered the guys for awhile but everyone eventually calmed down. I struggled for years to work on this but I try to not let myself get too upset over something I can’t control. I kind of refuse to let some jackwagon ruin my day. I am too stubborn. I hope Matt’s knee is doing better. Mine is still getting my attention but it is better today. I thought of trying to learn to play golf but Marty thinks the knee twisting would really bother my knees so I just go along for the ride. How exciting they are coming to measure for your countertops. I am sure you are very excited for them to be installed. I was enjoying reading your adventures for the weekend but laughed when I got to the part about your in laws. How sweet you can watch the fireworks from your front porch.

Lady Disdain, sorry to hear about your arthritis but I am glad it is under control. I have degenerative arthritis in my knees and my thumb joints. It sounds like you did good on your meals today. If you can handle a minimal amount of chocolate it’s not going to hurt you. They say dark chocolate is better for you but I am a milk chocolate fan. Glad to hear you signed up for Sparkpeople. They have some very helpful tools on their website.

Take care. :wavey:
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lady Disdain - it sounds like you're a cook! My meals are rather unimaginative, to say the least. Maybe having the kitchen remodeled a bit will help me want to cook. I've had lots of broken bones, torn muscles, and other injuries that love to yell at me on a daily basis and have done so since my accident at age 30. I was hoping that losing a significant amount of weight and exercising daily would help me hurt less, but that didn't happen. I do think I'm stronger and have more endurance, and am mentally able to handle my flare-ups better.

marcy - my in-laws... 'Nuff said. They only live 3 1/2 hours away and we see them twice a year...and that's too much! My family is so awesome and close (we're tight), and Matt's family is the complete opposite. It makes me sad that he had such a hard time growing up. My family has totally adopted him, and he calls my mom "mommy." I love it. I sure hope your knee gets better without you having to go to the dr. Matt has complained about his ever since he got home so Lily and I were on our own for our walk tonight. Arthritis in the thumbs? My thumbs are one of the few body parts that don't hurt! My mom had to have surgery on hers a few years ago. She had trigger finger in 2 fingers and both thumbs. Good luck with dinner tomorrow night! Be sure to let us know what you come up with.

My stomach is still a little queasy today and I wasn't going to fix anything for dinner, but Matt was starving when he got home at 9:30 from softball practice (he swears he didn't play) so I made spaghetti & salad. I had a glass of my new wine with my meal, and it was rather tasty. Lily and I only walked 2 miles tonight because it was so hot and humid outside. She has been sacked out on the floor ever since we got home! We had the kickoff meeting for the computer project today. I get really mad every time I think of it. Apparently beginning tomorrow, we will be meeting behind closed doors from 9-4 every day with 1/2 hour for lunch. Between 8:15-9 and 4-5, I'm supposed to get my actual job done, manage my group, etc. I think I need to look for another job. Oh well, have a great day tomorrow!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Welcome LD! Hope everyone enjoyed their long weekend!

I am as ever--yoga left me very sore Monday and despite that I ran in the river and worked out with friends yesterday. Today I'll take a break and laze in the sun and tomorrow I have a run/walk/bike planned with a friend. I'll miss my bike in Cali but have a pool and will run.

I made potato salad yesterday (much to the chagrin of my son) and love it--but only for two or three days a year given that mayo dressing combo--a rarity for me to eat. But great "summer" food with BBQ'd hot dogs!

Keep well folks! :wavey:

chers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Can you believe it’s Wednesday already? I love short work weeks.

I had a lean cuisine for lunch and made pasta for us for supper. Yay to have leftovers for lunch. I did stop at the grocery store on the way to work to pick up spaghetti sauce so I did break down and go to the grocery store but it was just for one item. I am still boycotting the grocery store - maybe I will try their in home delivery service. They charge $9.95 and waive it the first time. That would be so lazy though.

Lady Disdain, what creative meals did you come up with today?

Deegee, I am glad to hear you have more endurance and are stronger now and how wonderful you are better able to deal with flareups mentally. That really helps. I do remember you mentioning your in laws before and it sounds like 2 times a year works good for you. I am glad Matt has been completely adapted by your family. How is Matt’s knee today? Mine is actually a bit worse today so I passed on my afternoon walk and it was raining then anyway. My thumb joints are mostly repetitive motion related; I used to work at a photo lab and feed negatives through a printer and also looked through thousands of photos. It was fun work but didn’t pay well. I hope you are feeling better tonight. I hate to hear you are expected to get your job done in such a little amount of time. Good luck.

Sharon, as always your are so diligent at getting in your exercise. How fun to be going to California. I am glad you got to enjoy some potato salad for a change. Some things are just good food combos.

I am off to research calendars for html. The last time I tried to do them I gave up and did tables. I might have to make one for work. Rats.

Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Thanks Marcy--I did end up going for a long bike ride yesterday despite my stiffness and again today wtih a friend. Lots to gab about so the time and km's went very quickly. Really enjoying the heat here.

Hope ya'll are well :wavey:

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, walking with a friend does make the time go by quickly. I am glad you are enjoying the heat.

Marty went to work early again so he got up about 5 am. I finally got to sleep again about 10 minutes before my alarm went off. Rats.

For lunch we had leftovers and we stopped at a nearby Mexican restaurant for supper. I had about 5 chips and salsa and one soft shell taco. I ordered a Pepsi but only had about 2 inches of it.

I am working on laundry tonight. I am still boycotting the grocery store. Ha Ha.

Have a great evening.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday! Have a wonderful and healthy day. :wavey:

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love to cook, but I am a temperamental cook. Sometimes, I go all out, at others, scrambled egg on toast is just fine.

Food today was pretty good: stewed black beans with a little pork served on brown rice, with a green salad and manioc flour for lunch (very typical Brazilian meal and great in this cold weather). At dinner time, I made some creamy potatoes: dice a large potato into half large and half small chunks, cook in a little broth with onions, garlic and plenty of herbs like thyme, rosemary and sage. When it is cooked, drain excess liquid, add a tablespoon of cream cheese (our local cream cheese is downright runny, like thick cream, and delicious. The lowfat, added fiber and extra calcium version is my favourite), veggies like green beans, peas, cauliflower, carrots, etc, a can of tuna for protein and stir vigorously, so that the smaller chunks break down into the cheese while the bigger ones survive. My favourite comfort food and quite healthy, specially since I add a lot of veggies.

I decided to cut chocolate drastically because I was acting addicted, complete with midnight runs to the grocery store if I ran out at night. My plan is to slowly add it back, as a treat and not as a major food group.

Happy Friday, Marcy! My parents are coming to visit over the weekend, which should be fun.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lady Disdain, I tend to cook more elaborate things on weekends when I have time. It sounds like you went all out again today cooking again today. It sounds delicious. Good plan to cut out chocolate for awhile until you can slowly work it back in as a treat. LOL that chocolate is not a major food group. Have fun with your parents visit this weekend. :wavey:

I was busy at work today so the day zipped by. Marty and I went out for lunch. I had a roast beef sandwich and fresh fruit. After work we went to the outlet mall (about an hour away) so Marty could look at golf clubs. We didn't get him any but it was close. We had supper down there. I had half of a cheeseburger and a glass of wine. We were going to split a dessert but the waiter never asked if we wanted something so that saved us money and me calories. LOL.

Sears have the TV I want for about $400 off. Today and tomorrow only. Decisions, decisions.

Deegee, how are you surviving working on your project?

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG! We got the 55" TV. It's so huge. I guess our old one was 40" not 42" so it is quite a jump. It's nice though. A friend of ours bought our old TV. We had to get a new entertainment stand because the braces didn't fit the same on our old one.

Yesterday was kind of busy. I went to one of my employee's wedding and reception. We went to Sears and bought our TV. We ended up getting a 3D ready TV. They gave us 2 pairs for glasses free. After the reception we took our old TV over to my friend's house and played cards for awhile.

I was going to make homemade biscuits for breakfast today but I am out of milk. I will have to end my grocery shopping boycott today. :bigsmile: I ran out and got us bagels for breakfast.

I hope you are have a fun and healthy weekend. :wavey:

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What? It can't be almost 7 pm.

Much to Marty's relief I went to the grocery store. $211 worth. That will teach me to not buy food for over two weeks. We had marinated London broil cooked on the grill with ranch potatoes and asparagus for supper. This afternoon we had popcorn while we watched U571 on blue ray on the new TV.

I've got my last batch of laundry drying. Now I am off to read.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello! I can't believe it's Monday already. Are there any holidays this week that I've forgotten about, by any chance? What? I have to work 5 whole days????

marcy - Yay for a new tv! When they put it on sale like that, you've just got to jump on it! Too funny that you boycotted the grocery store for 2 weeks. We only buy enough food for 4 or 5 meals each week, so we have to visit the grocery store every weekend. After only 3 days of this blasted project, I have discovered that trying to do my job AND work on this project full-time just isn't going to cut it. I get run down so easily because of my health issues, and I was so completely exhausted by Friday afternoon. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but I have to do something. I have also discovered that reading technical crap (apologize to Marty for me saying technical crap) for hours on end is not my thing, and I'm going to have to get to bed earlier at night to stay awake during the day! And here it is 1:00 am and I have to get up in 5 hours. Argh!

Lady Disdain - so you're like my husband with the chocolate. He is terrible with chocolate and potato chips/frito's,/dorito's, etc. He usually eats chips with whatever we're having for dinner, and grabs handfulls of chocolates for dessert. He's supposed to be cutting back, but somehow a new package of Lindt truffles appeared in the cabinet. Hmmm... How did your visit with your parents go?

Matt had softball games all day yesterday and today. It was a double elimination tournament and his team came in 2nd overall. He was supposed to be coach and wasn't supposed to play because his knees are bothering him so much, but came home yesterday covered in mud with scratches from his hip to mid-calf from sliding into home. A player had to leave and he had to take his place or be short a player. Same thing today, so he can barely move right now. When will he learn that he's getting too old for this? He will be 43 on Tuesday. I didn't feel like sitting at the ball field in 96+ heat and humidity for 2 days, so I stayed home and mostly read. Marcy - I downloaded an old Harry Bosch book from 1992 and am liking it so far. I did some laundry and weeded the flower beds - not very productive. I'm having a flare up right now with my low back and left leg, so I only got one walk in during the whole weekend. I hate the way my back swells for no apparent reason sometimes. Oh well - I've got to get to bed or I'm going not going to make it reading all that boring stuff tomorrow. Have a great Monday!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I had a great weekend, but pretty bad nutrionally :oops: On Saturday, we had dinner at my sister's new apartment (which is just lovely, by the way), which included some delightful little quiches, cheese bread and a cheese platter for appetizers, a great meat with a heavy cream sauce (ouch! but good) and amazing macaroons for dessert. I am still drooling over those. Sunday, we had lunch out at a kind off pub - so the food was pretty heavy again.

I am back on the wagon today. I had a lot of fresh veggies with homemade hummus spiked with peppers for lunch. Dinner will probably be roasted veggies and chicken, served with whole grain pasta.

Deetee - I can imagine how your husband is feeling - ouch! And don't spread yourself out too thinly, otherwise you won't be able to do everything well. Good luck.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good evening! Just a quick check in before I go to bed. It's storming outside and we were without electricity for a while. It doesn't look like it is going to let up enough for us to take our walk, so I think I'll turn in early this evening. I stopped at the chiropractor on the way home from work and was hoping I'd feel better afterwards, but I feel worse. I'm in bed with ice on my low back, as instructed to do. Normally I would take a few days off when I swell like this to prevent the flare up from getting too bad, but I'm not allowed to right now so I'll just have to see how my body reacts. I made light hot dogs on whole grain buns with sauerkraut for dinner. We were bad and warmed up frozen tater tots to go with it, but it tasted good and I wasn't in a cooking mood tonight. I have breakfast and lunch ready for tomorrow, and we'll eat out for Matt's b-day dinner on the way home.

Lady Disdain - your Saturday dinner sounds wonderful. I absolutely LOVE macaroons. Yummm... Your back on the wagon food sounds awfully tasty too!

Have a great, healthy day tomorrow!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I had strawberries, cherries and cheerios for breakfast. Lunch was leftovers from last night and for supper I had a lean cuisine, english muffin toasted and raw veggies. Marty made Thai food.

It was raining again this afternoon so we wandered the halls at work. We stopped by Marty’s office and said trick or treat and he threw us a pretzel. LOL.

Deegee, sadly we have to work 5 days this week. At least one of them is down. I am with you on reading technical crap; it’ll put me to sleep in no time. I hope you get enough rest under the stressful time at work. Mmm to Lindt truffles. I hate to hear you are feeling worse tonight. It is no fun to be in pain; I hope going to bed early tonight and icing your back helps. That is rotten you can’t stay home right now; I have had days like that before and it always seems to be when I get really sick. How is Matt’s knee doing? My right knee is still giving me the “hey you” notice. Tell Matt happy birthday for me. Where are you guys going for dinner?

Lady Disdain, I am glad you enjoyed dinner with your sister at her lovely new apartment. Her menu sounds great. I am sure you had a great time at the pub. Weekends are tough but yay for being back on the wagon again today. I made a big effort to resist snacking at work today and succeeded.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
marcy - I was really hoping you'd tell me that we all had a day off on Friday. Darn! I think being told that I can't take off is making me want to call in sick every day! I think if it had been approached that they would appreciate that we try not to take time off during this process, I could handle it better. I also told Matt that there were words that we were no longer going to use in our house right now... data, server, network, integrate, and lots more. Matt's knee was feeling better, but he yelped and grabbed it when we were walking from the car to the restaurant tonight. I hope it was just a catch and not something bad. Yay for you resisting snacking at work yesterday!

I'm sitting on the porch with Lily waiting for it to cool down enough for us to attempt a walk. There's no air moving and it is about as moist as it can be without rain actually falling, so she and I may be headed back inside really soon. I'm sitting here with my feet propped up, my TENS unit on my back and my splint in my mouth...feeling really old! I think I could fall asleep if I shut my eyes. Matt wanted to eat at the local pizza place that opened about a mile from our house a few months ago. We just ate there on Friday night, but he liked what he had so much that he wanted it again today. I had spaghetti & salad. It was delicious, and I have leftovers for tomorrow. Have a wonderful day tomorrow!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I hope you had a good day!

Work was kind of boring for me today. We ended up going out after work with a friend. Both of us took our cars to work and we were going to play golf after work (I was a rider) but a bad storm was moving in so I decided we’d meet my friend for supper. We got caught in a massive hail storm. Aak. Luckily when we left work I decided I was leaving the car in the garage and we’d take the truck. Our truck has a lot of hail dents and it cracked our windshield. My poor in laws were meeting downtown for supper and both of their cards got trashed. I was seeing 1” and 2” hail stones where we were and they had larger hail where they were. Marty didn’t check our trailer yet.

Food wasn’t bad today. Cereal and fruit for breakfast, mini muffin for snack, sandwich and baked lays for lunch, a small portion of a cinnamon roll for mid afternoon break, supper was salad, 1 breadstick and a small portion of spaghetti. The bad thing was a couple of glasses of wine.

Deegee, let’s both take off the day Friday. My sister has both Thursday and Friday. I told her I was jealous. That is pretty bad you were told you couldn’t call in sick; that too would make me want to call in sick. I agree that makes it more tempting to call in sick. I hope Matt’s knee didn’t have a setback. How is your back today? It sounds like you guys had a good supper. I had spaghetti too and left the leftovers in the truck. I need to make myself a note to throw the take home box out in the morning. LOL! Did you get your walk in tonight? My friend and I got a walk in at work this afternoon.

Well, I’d best get to bed. I am going to upload a picture of the hail outside our truck. It was unreal and very icy.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is looking out the truck window.

hail.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow! That is a lot of hail! I hope no one was hurt.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I hope you had a great day.

Food today wasn't bad. Cereal and toast for breakfast. Mini muffin mid morning snack. 1/2 a sandwich and fruit for lunch. Supper was 1/2 of a steak and one piece of corn on the cob.

We got in our afternoon walk again. Yay!

Lady Disdain, I didn't hear of any injuries from the storm but a lot of people have hail damage. I guess Marty wants me to call our insurance company on his truck. The hood and the roof have quite a few dents and we'll need a new windshield for sure.

Take care!
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I hope you had a wonderful day.

Food was okay again. English muffin, small amount of OJ, cheerios, fresh fruit, 1/2 of steak, a few chips, small amount of popcorn, lemon italian ice, lean cuisine and slow churned ice cream. I am kind of hungry right now but I'll drink some water. I hate to eat before going to bed. The italian ice I had was great. It's by Lingui's (or something like that) and comes in lemon or strawberry and is only 100 calories. One of my employees brought it in. You had to work hard to scope out the frozen dessert with a plastic spoon so I figured that knocked about 10 calories off the 100. :bigsmile:

The rain was coming in again but we got in our afternoon walk. Yippee!!!

Take care. One more day until the weekend arrives. Sweet

See ya! :wavey:

Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Marcy--what a sight! But not uncommon in my neck of the woods....

I am exercising everyday--running, biking and swimming. When on vacay we eat out every night and I consume alot more etoh than normally, so I feel the impetus to get out and active......gotta go now before my french pastry for breaky!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, I am sure you are having a great time on vacation and that is awesome you are keeping active so help burn off some of those calories! :appl: :appl:

Hi to everyone! :wavey: I hope you had a great week and are ready for a wonderful weekend.

Marty went to play golf after work so I made myself a burger with a 120 calorie bun and had raw veggies with it. Marty send me a text about 7:30 to meet him at the golf course. His folks were still there so we had a drink with them and then we all stopped somewhere to Marty could get something to eat. Tomorrow we are going car and golf club shopping. My in laws will probably get a car and Marty wants to look at golf clubs. I will probably drop off my anniversary band and a few of my other RHR to get sized up a little bit. The summer heat makes my fingers swell and since I can get them sized free I may as well so I can wear them. I miss my sapphire ring.

I am setting her yawning so I will see if there are any fun posts here then get ready for bed.

Laters,
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Wow, this weekend has zipped by.

Yesterday I made homemade biscuits for us for breakfast. Fortunately for me Marty loves them so I only had 2 with butter of course. Marty's folks got here about 9 am and we headed south. We took his folks to about 3 different car dealers, we looked around and they test drove a few cars. We finally decided we were all hungry so we went to Olive Garden and had soup and salad. Then we went to the golf store. Marty didn't find any clubs he loved so we came back to town. We continued our car shopping here. Marty's folks found a slightly used 2011 Honda they were seriously considering but are going to think about it. The car that was totaled by the hail storm is a Toyota Avalon. They looked a new Avalons but they are about 10,000 more than they wanted to spend. I should NEVER have suggested we go car shopping because Marty looked at bigger pickups and a small car to use to commute. We are going out in a little while to see what the insurance adjustor says about our hail damage. I don't think the dents are that bad that they will total our truck but even if they do it's only cosmetic and it's a pickup. Give me strength here.

After our car shopping last night we went to a Mexican restaurant and had a margarita, chips and one taco. I ate way too much yesterday but I walked a ton so hopefully that will help offset those calories.

We never made it to Denver. I had 6 rings I was going to turn in to be sized but since they fit my yesterday morning I put them away. What's the point of getting them sized up if they'll be loose in 2 months? Of course that saved us money too because we didn't go to the big golf store or my favorite jewelry store.

We got up about 6:30. I made pancakes and had some canadian bacon. I cooked Marty some link sausage and an egg to go with his pancakes. I ventured off to the grocery store about 9:30. I decided I wouldn't boycott grocery stores this week but i considered it. :D

For lunch I made lasagna, asparagus and garlic bread. We had some slow churned ice cream for dessert.

Take care. I hope this finds all of you doing great.

Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results