shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, what a little (or should I say big?) cutie!! They do look so similar, too! I'm glad to hear that recovery's going better this time around. I am sure that an intact tailbone helps!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How precious, Dreamer!!! They do look so much alike!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer, congrats!!! Hunter and Ryder look so alike! I'm glad the new baby is doing well, nursing and is sleeping nicely. Sorry Hunter's transition isn't going as smoothly, but it'll take time I'm sure. So happy for you and your family!

Kay, so sorry to hear about the painful nursing. I hope your DD's procedure will help her nurse. Is is the "tongue-tied" issue? I think a few other PS babies had the same issue and nursed like champs afterward.

Cheers,
LC

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love: Congrats again DD, Ryder is gorgeous and does look just like Hunter:)

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Dreamer!!! Ryder is adorable and looks EXACTLY like Hunter, how awesome! I'm so glad you had the labor and delivery you wanted and that you're feeling great. Enjoy this time, you know how quickly it goes by!

Kay, congratulations to you too!!! Hope Lauren's procedure is quick and painless for her which in turn will make BF painless for you!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Squishy little baby cheeks! Gaaaah! Dreamer, you make some cutie patoooties. It'll be so fun to see if he keeps looking like Hunter as he gets older. No denying those two are brothers, tho! How crazy you called it during your 3D u/s! Congrats, lady!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer, congrats! Ryder is so handsome and does look just like Hunter!

Diamondseeker, I used those shields and found them to be kind of messy. They fill with milk so you have to be careful when you take them off. They do offer relief though if your bra touching your skin is uncomfortable.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer - congrats!!! Ryder is adorable.

Kay - congrats!!! Thinking of you for Lauren's procedure.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Hello ladies,

Woohoo, its starting to rain babies around here! So, who is next in line for thier little one's arrival? I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel like on the one hand, I am super excited to not waddle around and get rid of this heartburn for REAL, but at the same time, I enjoy feeling my little girl and am a bit nervous about this little one actually coming out, lol. Oh well, she will be here before I know it...

DD - CONGRATS mama on the arrival of Ryder! I guess they really were pretty close with your last scan and thier size guesstimates. That probably explains his early arrival though, since he was running out of space in there, hehe. And I :love: the picture of the little peanut. He definitley does look like his bro, too cute. Hopefully your milk will come in soon and Mr. Hunter will adjust to being the big bro soon. Otherwise, enjoy the new addition and we look forward to seeing more pics once things calm down a bit :bigsmile:

Kay - I am glad to hear that Lauren is doing ok and I bet you are grateful with a little bit calmer baby, especially with a 2 year-old in tow. I am sorry to hear about the nursing problems, that is no fun. The tounge thing seems to be pretty common with some little ones though, so I wouldn't worry to much about the procedure. Either way, I hope everything went well and she is back at home resting.

Charbie - Yikes, that is really scary about the blood clots, but I am glad to hear that everything is better with DH. I will continue to keep him in my thoughts as he continues his recovery. I am glad to hear all went well with the move, but take it easy with that unpacking and lifting and such girlie. It is surprising how little things can effect you now, but do tread lightly and be sure to hydrate. I think your bumb looks really cute and yeah for carrying it all in front. I hear you on the kicks getting stronger, but watch out for the little ninja as she gets bigger, hehe. Good luck on the nursery and I look forward to seeing it once its up and running.

AFM - I had a pretty good weekend with DH. It was nice having him around on Friday and he managed to get a lot done around the house, like hanging pics and such. The nursery is really coming together too. We still need the mattress and the changing pad, but otherwise it's almost done! I will also post pics once we finish getting it set up. One major bummer is though that my cat has already scratched a part of the crib :evil: . I will only let the kitties in the room when they are supervised, but for the first time, the big one decided to jump into the crib, but once he realized he couldn't walk on the railing (since its curved) he kinda fell/scratched his way onto the metal spring thing. He was fine but mommy was pretty mad!!! Anywho, we went to birth class on Saturday and Sunday and learned all about labor and interventions and c-sections and stuff, so that was informative. I think DH wants to take a more interactive baby care/safety class, so we will try to fit that in before the little one comes. Otherwise, DH left again this morning, but will be back on Friday for good, yipee! :appl: I also had another appt this morning, which went well, and will move to weeklies from now on. Crazy...Well, I gotta get back to work now, but I hope everyone has a great week and take care of all your little munchkins!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
I believe Basil is up next!

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
LOOKIT THAT FAAAAACE!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Dreamer, he's beautiful, just like Hunter! Congrats again :))

Kay, I think I forgot to congratulate you on Lauren! I hope the procedure corrects the tongue tie so you can have a happy and healthy nursing experience free from horrible pain.

I believe there's about to be a baby boom! Can't wait to "meet" all the little peanuts!!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Congrats to Kay and Dreamer :appl:

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on the little bundle of joy Dreamer and Kay!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing!!!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer, he is so handsome, and looks JUST LIKE his brother! Congratulations!

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
Dreamer, Congratulations! Ryder is adorable! And I'm SOOOO glad to hear your L&D experience was a relatively good one this time! That's great that you're feeling so well already!

Kay, Glad to hear Lauren is such a cuddly calm baby so far! I'm sorry to hear that BFing is rough right now and that your sweet girl needed to have her tongue operated on today! I really hope the procedure went well and that you both feel better soon!

IHA, congrats on passing your 3 hour GD test! I'm sorry you're so uncomfortable. It does indeed sound like you're having bh conx. You may find that drinking more water and going to the bathroom make them go away a bit. You look great! I hope you start feeling better soon - I'm feeling really uncomfortable these days too... at least we know the pain is temporary!

elle, yay for team blue! that's great that you'll be able to start on his room soon!

dcg, that's great that you had such a nice and productive weekend! bummer about your cat scratching the crib though. I'm excited for you to have your DH around full time very soon! I can imagine it's been hard being apart so much.

basil, glad to hear you're doing well! I hope you have a great week off and a nice visit with your folks! And I hope your nanny hunter finds you the perfect person.

modern, glad to hear you are well also! bummer you've been having to work so much though!

charbie, you look great! so sorry about the scary blood clots your DH had but I'm glad he's okay!! Glad the move went okay too. good luck with unpacking.

Hi to mayachel, janine, blen and everyone else

AFM: I CANNOT wait to no longer be pregnant. Just feeling really uncomfortable these days. The neuropathy in my hands has gotten worse so that it really negatively affects my sleep... But I know I shouldn't complain since I'm still able to get around fine and it'll all be worth it. It's helpful to have a c-section date on the calendar so I know he'll be here in exactly one month and I can handle anything for that amount of time... I'm really looking forward to meeting him! I hope I can get some sleep before then though....

Anyway I hope you're all well!!

Mrs

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone!
Congrats DD on a beautiful boy!! Welcome to the world Baby Ryder! I love the photos you posted!

Kay i'm so sorry for your nipples- that sounds really painful. I pumped exclusivly for 6 months with my son last year and though it was hard it was a good alternative to breastfeeding- he never latched properly. So I hope the surgury fixes everything and LO comes out with no issues, but if BFing still doesn't work out pumping might be an option?

Congrats to anyone else who has exciting news! I haven't really had a lot of time to read through all the posts....i know i know i'm a baaaaadddddd PSer. I do have my own little bit of exciting news and that is we are HAVING A GIRL!!!!! We found out several weeks ago but have been quietly annoucing the news. Anyone like the name Leora Deveroux? Middle name is pronouced Dev-ER-O.

Hope everyone is having a H&H pregnancy!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Kay-I hope Lauren's procedure went smoothly yesterday. Hopefully this will help get breastfeeding back on track in a more manageable way for both of you. I have also heard about these for healing nipples. http://www.amazon.com/Ameda-17262-C...TF8&coliid=I2OAPLR4CSX3J8&colid=1LR7V7B7Z4D0B

Dreamer-Thanks for sharing a pic of your cutie pie! Those cheeks are amazing.

Mrs.-I'm sorry to hear about the neuropathy going on. It's no wonder you are ready to be done with the pregnant part of the process!

Sarahbear-hooray for little girls! Time to start making name lists if you haven't already.

Charbie-My have you had a lot going on! I'm glad to hear your dh made it through ok. Congratulations on getting into and your new home and I hope the settling in process is well under way.

dcgator-was your birth class part of a series or a one day event? I'm trying to figure out how early we should be registering for one. Bummer on scratching the crib, I don't know if it is paint or wood finish, but they do make wood scratch buffer type oils to darken the lighter wood.
--------------
AFM, I'm trucking along. Had a mw appointment last week that was great. Basically heard all the first trimester testing came back normal. As for the NV, "Some women just puke their way through their whole pregnancy" were her ahhh...encouraging? words. Really it was meant to be sweet and made me laugh. Basically it's feeling managed, since I'm not loosing weight anymore even if I'm still sick here and there. Still hoping by 20 weeks to have it subside altogether and to be able to get off the medication. At the moment I'm feeling just well enough that I forget when it is due,until I'm sick! So I have been setting alarms on my cell to remind me to take it.

I had my first prenatal massage yesterday. It was heavenly. I hope to be able to arrange that on a regular basis. One of these days I'd like to get up the energy to start yoga. We'll see. I loved hearing my little one's heartbeat, and made a recording of it on my cell so I can listen to it whenever. Got the referral for the anatomy scan and very much looking forward to discovering team pink or blue in the next few weeks.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Hump Day Ladies,

I hope your week is going well so far. I don't know about you, but I am really looking forward to Friday and the holiday weekend :naughty:

Tao - Glad to see you, how is everything going with you and the babies?

Mrs - Yes, I will be really happy to have DH down here for good too. While it's not been awful, it surely has not been nice without him here for the last month, especially so late in pregnancy. But all will be well in just a couple days :bigsmile: I am sorry to hear about your neuropathy and hope that it continues to be managable in the last few weeks. So is your c-section date scheduled for July 27th? If so, I guess that makes you up next, good luck lady! Btw, how is DD doing? Is she excited to be a big sis soon?

Sarahbear - Congrats on joining team pink! Time to hit the stores for all the adorable outfits, :tongue: That is a very interesting name choice, and one you don't hear very often. Can I ask if it's a family name or you just wanted something unique sounding? Either way, I think Leora has a nice ring to it. I think the Deveroux might be a bit of a mouth full when she is little, but could be very distiguished as she gets older.

Mayachel - We went with the two day intensive class called "Prepared Childbirth". The hospital did offer a one day one class, but of course they stopped offering it for the summer months, so we had to go with the two day one. I think the class was very useful info to know, but the guys seemed bored, since a lot of it did not necessarily apply to them (at least directly). DH and I just signed up for a one day course, called "Safe Baby Express with CPR," which my DH is really excited about. That one covers more hands on topics, like CPR, baby saftey, baby proofing the house, and a car seat installation session, based on your car and carseat type, where they go out and actually help you put your car seat in properly. I would hesitate for you to do multi-week courses for some of the classes, especially if you want to keep the attention of certain DH's, just my two cents though. I am glad to hear that all your testing came back normal, that must be a relief. As for the NV, that just sucks. I am sorry that it continues to be so bad, but at least you aren't loosing any more weight. I do hope it clears up soon. But, at least you have the anatomy scan to look forward to, when is it scheduled for?

AFM - I am hanging in there, not feeling great today, but oh well. So I have decided that I am not a fan of the Dr. I saw on Monday, and unfortunately, I have to see him again next week b/c the scheduling was bonkers with the holiday and such. So, I just went ahead and made the rest of my appoints (with the other Docs) for the month. Knock on wood that he is on call when Sophia decides to show up. Hmm, perhaps it would be good to get their rotation schedules at the next appt... :rodent: Well, I need to get busy this morning, so I will talk to you all later. Have a lovely day!

basil

Brilliant_Rock
taovandel|1309223204|2956664 said:
I believe Basil is up next!

OMG, no!!! :-o

That's so scary...besides, I think Mrs and DCgator are so close (<1 week) from me so any of us could go first. I have a feeling mine's going to be late since he seems so comfy in there right now and in no hurry.

Dreamer - congratulations on such a beautiful little boy! Love the name Ryder. He does look just like Hunter! They will look like brothers when they get older as well, I bet. And wonderful how you are recovering so easily and how you got what you wanted re: the natural labor.

Kay - congratulations on Lauren! I hope her procedure the ohter day went well and is helping with the breastfeeding.

Mayachel - hope the nausea goes away soon...

Sarah - congrats on a girl!

Mrs - sorry to hear about the neuropathy. I wonder if there is any sleeping position that would be better. I tend to sleep on my hands so mine usually fall asleep, but aren't painful. How exciting to have a birthdate all ready though! I'm sure having a deadline helps things be more bearable.

DC - I totally know what you mean about not wanting to be preggo, but not feeling 100% ready to have a newborn either! I've been feeling a lot exactly the same way. How exciting that your DH will be there permanently soon. Looking forward to pics of your nursery! I bet you can find a little touch up paint or something to cover up the scratches..

Anyway, sorry to anyone I missed!

I feel like I'm starting to get a second wind here...I'm 35.5 weeks now. I actually don't feel too uncomfortable. I still have heartburn but as long as I take the Zantac and don't overeat I do ok. My feet swell at the end of the day and hurt if I am on them too long, but we got a new couch with a chaise on it and it's awesome to sit there and relax with my feet up. I've been sleeping pretty well so I think that helps a lot. I've been getting lots done - got the nursery set up mostly, I planted a whole bunch of planters with vegetables and flowers. We have most of our house mostly organized - though I still have some little stuff to do. And work should be pretty calm over the next few weeks so I am looking forward to that.

As I said above, I really think this one is going to be late...he moves and kicks a lot but he's all up high. And I haven't had any braxton-hicks contractions or anything. So I think I'm in this for a while longer!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS DREAMER AND KAY!!! :appl:

Dreamer, I can't believe how alike R and H look! It's uncanny!

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
Wow! I guess I AM next, unless Basil or dcg go early! YAY! Somehow this makes me VERY happy - the prospect of no longer being pregnant and having my sweet little boy in my arms is looming and I CANNOT wait!!!!!

basil, I'm glad you're feeling relatively well and that work will be settling down a bit for you! I DO think sleep position has a lot to do with how uncomfortable my hands get at night but I haven't figured out how to prop myself up exactly right so that I'm comfy all night. I too like to sleep on my side with my hand(s) under my head but that seems to exacerbate the symptoms so I'm trying to find other positions... What did you end up doing in terms of decor for the nursery?? That's great that you've been so productive lately!

dcg, that's right - July 27th is my c-section date though if I'm honest, I wouldn't mind if he decided to come earlier than that!! :tongue: I'm sorry you're not feeling great today. And that's a bummer that you have to meet with that dr again. You were smart to schedule your other appointments already! I should do that now that I'm on weekly appointments too. I'm glad you're looking forward to having your DH home soon!! My DD is doing well - thanks for asking. I think she is indeed looking forward to being a big sis. :))

mayachel, yay for a great massage! And I'm glad your nausea has gotten more manageable!

Sarahbear, yay for team pink!!! Leora sounds very pretty and I love the meaning (compassion; light) though she would likely have people mistakenly call her Lenora since not many people have heard of the name Leora. Not sure if that matters to you or not. I like Deveroux too (is this name sometimes also spelled Devereux and Deveraux?) though again I think people would likely mispronounce it by putting the stress on the first syllable instead of the last two. And like dcg suggested, it's quite distinguished so she would grow into the name.

hi to everyone else!!! :wavey:

AFM: I'm 35 weeks today and I'm TIRED! It's so annoying waking up at all hours with this tingling hand thing. I'm going to speak to my dr about it today. I'm curious to see how my blood pressure and weight gain is this week since I feel like my body has really started to hurt in the last 2 weeks. My fingers are swelling and my back is hurting more... I know it's all probably very normal but we'll see what he says. Regardless, I hope the next 4 weeks fly by!!!

Mrs

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Ok I feel like an idiot! I misspelled my future daughter's name!

It is Leora Devereux. Leora might not be common to man, but Dh and I are jewish and it is a well known Hebrew name so it won't be unique or different in our community. Devereux on the other hand might stand out. My mother is from Irish decent and her family comes from the town of Devereux. In college I actually met a girl named Devereux and I just loved the name- it sounded extremely feminite to me and my friend was a wonderful person. When DH and I got married he made a comment that if we ever had a little girl he really liked Devereux for her name- he also knew her. So 7 years later here we are expecting our little Leora Devereux in Oct/ Nov.

Sorry for the confusion!

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Back again...

DC - must have cross posted with you! Sorry to hear you're feeling under the weather. Boo on the bad doctor. There's one at my practice who I've heard from multiple people is not so nice, but I haven't met her yet.

Mrs - I have to admit I'm a little jealous of the scheduled C-section thing...a few of my friends are going that route with their second children after having a c-section with their first and it is so much easier to plan things like work leave, etc. I know it shouldn't be about convenience, though! I have a few more things to finish up in the nursery and then I'll post some pictures. I love it!

Sarah - I think Leora is pretty! And I like the significance of Devereux. I wouldn't worry too much about it being hard to say or spell when she is little...even now people hardly ever ask what my middle name actually is, they just ask the initial.

Had an appointment today, and everything looks great. BP is good, no protein. Doc estimated baby's size at around 5 lbs right now and estimates he'll be about 7-7.5 lbs when born. He's head down. And I got my GBS screen so that's all over with. My belly is rumbling and rolling now as I type.

Anyway, I forgot to ask about this weird situation...DH's boss (woman in her early 50s with two kids who she had in her 40s) has decided that she is going to throw us a party after the baby is born. There is another nurse in the office who is due a few weeks before me so it is a joint party for both of our babies. She told DH that she wanted a chance to meet and cuddle the babies. She has it scheduled for 8/14. That's 2 weeks after my due date...so presumably baby could be from 1-2 weeks old then! I don't really want to go to a work party 1-2 weeks post-partum...and I don't know that I want my baby around a bunch of people at that age either. DH does not feel comfortable saying no to this party though because he already feels like he is on rocky footing with his boss over some other random stuff that shouldn't be a big deal (i.e. him not wanting their health insurance plan and staying on my plan instead).

So I guess my options are: 1) bow out at the last minute and send DH by himself with photos, claiming to not feel well enough; 2) go with baby in sling and don't let anyone touch him, and leave shortly after; 3) make DH ask his boss to reschedule the party

What would you do?

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DCG - Hope you're feeling better asap. I wanted to share a funny story. There was one doctor at my practice who I.did.not.like.at.all. I had my first appointment with her and even wrote on here about how much I didn't care for her. Haha. I had another appointment with her. Same thing. I hoped she wouldn't be the doctor at my delivery. Well, I saw 5 of the 7 doctors in the practice during my LONG labor experience. Haha! And, then had this doctor who I.did.not.like.at.all for the birth. Just my luck. Well, birthing is a funny thing. After she helped my daughter arrive safely into this world, I told her she was my superhero!! My point -- don't worry too much (not that you are) about who you'll get, because you never know who you'll wind up with, and he or she might actually surprise you in the end!

Sarah - I love the name Leora!! Congrats on Team Pink!

Basil - I choose 3. I would tell my husband no way! Everyone has their different comfort levels about when to take the baby out and about. I don't think I took my baby out until she was maybe 10 weeks, aside from Dr's appointments, and still I didn't bring her to a party full of people, and I would not have. What happens if baby arrives later than expected? My baby arrived 11 days past her EDD. Does this woman expect you to show up with a 3 day old baby?? What happens if you have a c-section? I think the recovery period is 2 weeks. Are you supposed to just hobble in so this lady can cuddle with your kid? I'd say - NO! I suppose she can keep the party on that date, and he can show up alone, and just say you are recovering still!! I'd leave that up to him, I guess.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Never one to be patient in cyber space, I'm cannonballing back into this thread.
For those who don't know me from before (I've been mostly lurking the last few, uh, years? Years! Sheesh) I have twin 2 year-old boys and I'm back in Preggo World, although I've only just arrived.
I just got my BFP on Sunday and it's starting to really kick in...mostly because my boobs hurt already.
EDD is March 3, 2012.
So I hope to spend some time going back a few (hundred) pages and getting to know my preggo cohorts.

I look forward to journeying with y'all!

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
Congrats Jas!!! You were always such an awesome pregnant poster - we're glad to have you here again!!

Basil, I'd go with option #3 assuming your DH feels comfortable blaming you for needing the party to be moved. Perhaps you could write a note to his boss expressing how thankful you are that she is interested in throwing a joint party for you and this other woman and that you will absolutely bring the baby in to cuddle her when you are ready, but being a first time mom, you feel rather hesitant about scheduling something so soon after the baby will arrive. Or if you'd rather, go with option #1 and just bow out saying your pediatrician advises against it. Has your DH spoken with the other expecting nurse to ask how she feels about it? I expect she may be feeling the same way - I can't imagine wanting to interrupt my maternity leave to come back to work even if it were for a party. I would try to get her to do a more traditional shower (BEFORE the babies are born), if she really wants to do anything at all.

Sarahbear, it sounds like a lovely name with a lot of meaning for you and your DH!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
MRS, BASIL and DCGATOR sending lots of good last few weeks dust for a healthy and quick labor!!! I am so happy for all of you sooooon to be mommas! :appl:

JAS congrats!!! :appl:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
basil I would not take my newborn to a party. You likely will not really be able to stand and have the enegy to mingle 1-2 weeks post partum either. Your DH's boss is a loon to think you will be able to. I had a great labour and now at 1 week post partum still get crampy and tired from walking a block or two. Not to mention getting so little sleep. So basically, don't go to a party that soon. Whether your DH wants to make an excuse at the time or say reschedule depends on his own relationship with his boss. But NIX option 2 all the way.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Happy dust to Mrs, Basil and DCGator!

Jas, BIG CONGRATS!!!! I love following your posts, can't wait to read them on this thread!!!

~LC

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Jas, congrats on the BFP! I love your posts and am looking forward to reading them--I love your sense of humor :) I'm not officially joining this thread, but just wanted to tell you that several of us will be due in late Feb./early March (I think my estimated due date is 3/1/12). So fingers crossed that we all have sticky beans so there will be a big group of us due at the same time! For now most of us are still over in the Just Barely Pregnant thread.

Okay, sorry to interrupt--I can't wait to join this thread soon!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results