Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay Dreamer!!! I am guessing BOY!

MRS. Congrats, can't wait to see pics :appl:

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
yay Dreamer!!!! Good luck!
Lots of well wishes for a smooth delivery.
I think team PINK!!!!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Glad I popped in!! Go Dreamer!!! I say boy. :appl:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well it's a...

...Boy!

Our son Ryder was born at 1:09am on Friday, June 24. He weighed a whopping 8lbs 13oz, which is wild since he was three weeks early! I'll post more details later, but I got the natural labour I wanted, and it was short -- only 4.5 hours of active labour and 23 minutes of pushing! We spent only 2 hours at the hospital. No interventions beyond preventative IV antibiotics! And a strange concoction of apricot juice, castor oil, and almond butter to get labour started ;))

Ryder is doing great, he is a really good nurser and has a decent latch so far. I feel really good too, no tearing (woo hoo) or damage to my tail bone (double woo hoo!). My midwife, mom, and husband were amazing supports. It was a great experience all around. Painful as heck, but one of my life goals was to have a natural labour so I am really happy with the end result.

I'll post pictures shortly, but suffice to say Ryder looks *exactly* like Hunter. They are like twins separated by 2.5 years.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
YAYAYAYAY!!! Congrats, Dreamer!! So excited for you, and it sounds like such a wonderful L&D for you.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm quite interested in learning more about this concoction you consumed...

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you, this is wonderful news. I think you had us all a bit worried when you went off early like that...

I can't wait to see pics, but for now, I hope you enjoy these magical first few days together.

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!!!! :appl: :love: :appl:

So glad that you got exactly what you wanted! Can't wait to see the pics, even if he is Hunter's twin :bigsmile:

E B

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations to KAY on your baby girl :appl: and DREAMER on your baby boy! :appl:

And congratulations to elle on joining team BLUE! :appl:

Lots of great news around here lately. :bigsmile:

(I apologize to anyone with good news lately I missed. I'm about 200 pages behind on this thread!)

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS DD and welcome Ryder!!!!!!!! Glad that you got the natural labor experience you wanted and that everyone is healthy. Perhaps your due date was off by a month as holy moly 8 lbs 13 oz at 3 weeks early :o

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay, Congrats DREAMER!!! Great name!!! :appl:

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl:
Congrats Dreamer!!!! Glad you had a smooth labor and Ryder is doing well! And yay for no tears!
Enjoy your little one!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
congratulations DD - sounds like a really amazing experience (not one that I could do though!) and if Ryder looks just like Hunter you better look into getting them an agent - twin Gerber babies, that's too much cuteness!!

looking forward to pics, your pregnancy seemed to go by so fast and looks like Ryder arrived just when he should, what a big boy!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer! Delurking to say congratulations on the newest member of your family and on what sounds like a whirlwind birth! Great news!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Kay - Congrats on your little girl's arrival!

DD - Congrats!! What a big boy you have! I am glad to hear that everything went smoothly and that you got the natural labor that you wanted.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Big CONGRATS to Dreamer & Mr. Dreamer and Hunter!!!! Welcome to the world Ryder!!!! Wow, big baby and no tearing? Wow, mama, that's awesome!! I'm glad you got what you wanted. So funny what you say about your sons being twins!

~LC

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!! I'm glad to hear everything went so well!!! Welcome to the world, Ryder!! What a nice big baby!!! Can't wait to see photos and hear what Hunter thinks about all of this! And, gosh, if they look so much alike, how can you handle all of the CUTENESS!!!!

:appl: :appl: So happy for you!! :appl: :appl:

snlee

Ideal_Rock
congrats Kay and dreamer! yay for second easier labors!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
And Kay! I'm sorry I'm spaced out -- CONGRATULATIONS!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer, Congrats and welcome to Baby Ryder! :appl: :wavey: I am so glad you got to have the natural labor you wanted, and a fast one at that. I understand that it is difficult to lose 3 weeks you had planned to have to prepare, but based on Ryder's size at 37 weeks, you might not have had as good an experience with natural labor if he kept growing another 3 weeks. I can't wait to see pictures of your cutie.

Elle, congrats on team blue!

I'm sorry I can't reply to everyone individually, but it is hard to type with one hand. Thank you all for the well wishes. Life is hectic with an infant and 2 year old, but we feel very blessed. Lauren is very cuddly and, so far, calmer than her big sis was. At 8+ pounds, she is big for a newborn, but still so tiny.

Nursing is not going well. L has a strong instinct to nurse and good suck, but she "chomps" and was chewing my nips to bits the first few days. I was dreading every feeding session. I was literally crying and gritting my teeth it hurt so bad. We took her to her ped on Friday, and it turns out she has a posterior tongue-tie so her tongue does not extend far enough to cover her gums and let her draw down effectively. The consequence is that she just chews while she sucks and doesn't get much. She is having a procedure to release the tongue Monday morning. It is supposed to be a simple procedure at this age, but I feel so bad for her. Per her ped's instructions, we have been bottle feeding L formula the past 2 days because she was starting to develop jaundice and needs to eat more than she was getting from me. I was trying to BF also Friday through Sat morning, but could not take the pain anymore. Until Monday, I am just pumping and letting the nips heal a bit while she is bottle fed. We will try BF again after her procedure, and will probably do a mix of BF, pumping and formula for a while until we see if I have enough milk to just BF.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kay I will keep your daughter in my prayers for her procedure. Also I hope you heal quick; people don't talk about the pumping/bfing issues (I have dealt with some) so I am sending you healing thoughts and prayers.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your baby girl, Kay! =) :appl:

Dreamer!!! So that's where you've been this weekend! I never drop in this thread but am sooo glad I did! Congrats on baby Ryder!!! :appl:

My daughter is now at 19 weeks and found out a week ago that they are having a baby girl!!! She wanted it to be a surprise at first, but once she started looking at nurseries, she decided she had to know! We found a gorgeous Bellini crib on Craigslist on Friday for a very good price!!! The crib is around $1000 new so we were thrilled with the purchase! It happened to be in Tacori's neighborhood but we didn't have time to meet up with her. I hope she sees this, though!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kay, do you have some of these?

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-AVENT-Comfort-Breast-Shells/dp/B000058DQJ/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=IKUK8XZHUX5EH&colid=1QB1TXE57PA7S

Seriously, I got so sore with my first baby that we gave up nursing after a week. Some shields similar to these saved me with my second baby and I breastfed the entire time. It allows your nipples to get air and heal. If you don't have some, I'd try to get them sent overnight! They also keep you from getting too engorged. Hope all goes well with the procedure and resuming nursing!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the well wishes everyone!

Things are going really well. I cannot get over how much better my recovery is from this labour than my last. I do wonder if it has something to do with no epidural and the difference it made to pushing; or maybe Ryder's better position. Anyways, I don't care why, but I feel really good for only a couple days out.

Ryder is a good nurser, if forcefull, but so far no major damage or issues. So sorry Kay about your nursing issues! I hope it gets resolved soon! My milk is not in yet, but hopefully tomorrow. I think it will make a difference for Ryder. Right now he just wants to nurse the whole time he is awake. He's on a fairly consistent 3 hour patter -- wake, nurse for an hour or so on-and-off :rolleyes: , then sleep for two hours. I can't complain. Hunter is having a harder time with the transition and is waking at 5am, but on the whole its going well. Much better than last time!

Here is the only lame photo of Ryder that I have so far. I put it side-by-side with Hunter at the same age to show how similar they look.

ryderoneday.jpg

ryderoneday6Hunter.jpg

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer, congrats on the arrival of Ryder! He is adorable and does look exactly like his brother!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
super cute lo Dreamer!!!! :love:

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer, CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a beautiful little boy! :appl: Great name too! They do look so much alike. How much did Hunter weigh when he was born? Thank you for all of your support in the TTC thread. You are truly a dedicated PSer posting while in labor. I appreciate all you do. Enjoy your time with your new little man....

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer! Congratulations to you!! I'm so glad that you achieved your goal of no meds and am also glad to hear that your recovery is going smoothly so far! Ryder is absolutely adorable and he really does look like Hunter's twin.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer!! Ryder is gorgeous!! Totally like Hunter!! Glad that he's nursing we and I'm sure the long sessions will do wonders for your supply! Also glad to hear the recovery is going well. I have heard from moms who went natural for the second birth that the recovery is much, much better. Can't wait to see if that's true! Congratulations again!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results