shape
carat
color
clarity

Refund Problems with D3luxe/Luxe and the owner Yosef Adde

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Refund Problems

I cannot tell if you live in the same state as the businessman or not. Just a few ideas that you might get some ideas from:
Years ago, I worked for a NYSE business in their Consumer Relations Dept. The postings that say BBB complaints produce little action were also my experience. However, the most dreaded complaints were those filed with the State Attorney General's office. They were acted upon expeditiously.

Another thought: in my state, businesses must be registered with this state's Secretary of State. Perhaps there is a way to lodge a report with that office.

Rough_Rock

Why don't we all going to call the phone # provided in the contacts area (there are three different numbers include a corporate #) from the d3luxe.com and tell whoever that answer the phone that we are looking for Yosef Adde on behalf of the OP, and stating that we would like to know what's going on? Let him or whoever answered the phone know that we all are from pricescope and we can spread the words about the company :)

As I said before BBB will not do anything for you, and from what I hear, most "bad" owners/operators simply don't care about they are being reported to BBB.

If I were you, I would bring the case to court, or attorney general as suggested in previous post. I want to see this guy face to face the day in court just so he will think twice before pulling the next stun on the next victim.

dmd4ever

Shiny_Rock

Pink Tower|1308635005|2950850 said:
I cannot tell if you live in the same state as the businessman or not. Just a few ideas that you might get some ideas from:
Years ago, I worked for a NYSE business in their Consumer Relations Dept. The postings that say BBB complaints produce little action were also my experience. However, the most dreaded complaints were those filed with the State Attorney General's office. They were acted upon expeditiously.

Another thought: in my state, businesses must be registered with this state's Secretary of State. Perhaps there is a way to lodge a report with that office.

This seems like a decent idea. I'm in Oregon and he's in California, but I think I could still file something with whomever it is that he had to register to do business in the state. I'll look into it tomorrow.

I may just start calling all the damn time, but where does that really get me? Might just frustrate me more. I have a feeling that a lawsuit may be the end of this, but that takes time and money, and at the end of the day, you still have to collect, even if you win. Not that I won't do it, but I'm hoping something works out between now and then. Thanks for all the sympathy posts and the suggestions and the general encouragement. On the bright side, I have options for a stone for the ER (see my other threads) and I'm not going to let this mess with my enthusiasm for picking the right stone and setting :) That said, you better believe that I will not go down without a fight. This guy is gonna get my money back, even I have to spend another $20k to get my $20k back!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock

I have been following your story and I truly hope it gets resolved soon. I cannot even imagine being out that kind of money.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock

Try visit Todd of NiceIce? He is in Roseburg, sometimes post here. Maybe he can provide some advice specific for Oregon?

dmd4ever

Shiny_Rock

100|1308635207|2950851 said:
Why don't we all going to call the phone # provided in the contacts area (there are three different numbers include a corporate #) from the d3luxe.com and tell whoever that answer the phone that we are looking for Yosef Adde on behalf of the OP, and stating that we would like to know what's going on? Let him or whoever answered the phone know that we all are from pricescope and we can spread the words about the company :)

Feel free to call, not that I'd ask anyone to. If anyone does call, let me know what he says...

Lovebaubles

Rough_Rock
Trade

When you spend that kind of money, walk in a store and walk out with what you purchased.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Lovebaubles|1308673105|2951068 said:
When you spend that kind of money, walk in a store and walk out with what you purchased.

Victim-blaming, awesome! Also, a great way to overspend, since brick and mortar establishments, a) tend to have higher mark-ups, and, b) aren't necessarily any more trustworthy (check out posts from various people who've bought in person from unscrupulous dealers and had things go wrong - Yennyfire's original situation springs to mind).

OP, so sorry you're having to deal with this, and I hope it's resolved soon. I can't imagine what this vendor is thinking: this is easily 20K in bad press and lost sales. Hope one of his colleagues will give him a heads-up and explain the realities of e-commerce (and wire fraud!).

Lovebaubles

Rough_Rock
Trade

No one's blaming anyone. Im giving my opinion, just like you're giving yours.

dmd4ever

Shiny_Rock

Lovebaubles|1308674039|2951085 said:

Trust me I hear you, although my experiences with Abazias and BGD were great. I was very nervous about this upfront but did not see any bad reviews and found a few positive ones, including one on this forum. The reason I went with Yosef is because at that time, my girlfriend was absolutely convinced that a rising star diamond ER would be perfect. I must have called 50 dealers looking for a substantial size star (over 8-10mm diameter) and Yosef was literally the only option I had. Maybe stupid in hind sight, but seemed very legitimate. :(sad

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

dmd4ever|1308674411|2951097 said:

Trust me I hear you, although my experiences with Abazias and BGD were great. I was very nervous about this upfront but did not see any bad reviews and found a few positive ones, including one on this forum. The reason I went with Yosef is because at that time, my girlfriend was absolutely convinced that a rising star diamond ER would be perfect. I must have called 50 dealers looking for a substantial size star (over 8-10mm diameter) and Yosef was literally the only option I had. Maybe stupid in hind sight, but seemed very legitimate. :(sad

Not stupid at all. You did your homework, which is all anyone can expect of you and far more than most bother with - and you got shafted despite that. Lovebaubles obviously has just never heard of tact or time and place for appropriate commentary.

drillsgtsgem

Shiny_Rock

Completely agree with Yssie!

dmd4ever

Shiny_Rock

Another UPDATE: As of this morning, if I try calling any of the three numbers on the website, they all get routed to one number with a generic "you have reached 310-379-3570" message and a beep, nothing about Luxe. Note that this number is different from any of the three numbers listed. I also have Yosef's cell number, which as of yesterday goes straight to voicemail. Other people's names are referenced on the website, but I have never spoken with anyone other than Yosef, and I'm beginning to think he's skipped town!

Another interesting note: He seems to have a blog, http://www.ladiamondguy.com/,,, where he claims to own Luxe, but signs his postings as Joe? Also, his company used to be called Adylon (already knew this): http://www.adylon.com/

Here's the latest email I sent him (yesterday):

Please call or email as soon as possible. It has been 5 days since I called and wrote regarding the recall of the wire transfer, and I have not received any acknowledgement from you despite multiple emails and voicemails. My bank has initiated the recall, which was actually the idea of a Citibank representative who told me that this would involve absolutely zero risk of any sort to you as a Citibank customer and the recipient of the original wire. The recall is awaiting verification from your bank, which I am told may involve your authorization and of course adequate funding in the account. The fact that it has not cleared and that I have not heard from you is greatly disturbing, as I think you can understand. Please let me know whether or not a) you have the money, and b) will authorize the recall of the wire. If not, please provide some reason that I should not think that you either no longer have my money or do not intend to refund it. As of now, I have sought external professional advice, and the unanimous opinion is that you are not being upfront about this process. Please give me a reason to think otherwise.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

dmd4ever|1308681678|2951184 said:
Another UPDATE: As of this morning, if I try calling any of the three numbers on the website, they all get routed to one number with a generic "you have reached 310-379-3570" message and a beep, nothing about Luxe. Note that this number is different from any of the three numbers listed. I also have Yosef's cell number, which as of yesterday goes straight to voicemail. Other people's names are referenced on the website, but I have never spoken with anyone other than Yosef, and I'm beginning to think he's skipped town!
dmd...sorry to say it,but it doesn't look good for ya.. :(sad

dmd4ever

Shiny_Rock

Dancing Fire|1308682330|2951193 said:
dmd...sorry to say it,but it doesn't look good for ya.. :(sad

I know. Just found this, not sure how I missed it before, but I guess I was searching for Luxe reviews rather than Adylon: http://www.ivouch.com/adylon-glendale-ca-us

At this point I am calling the police. I still don't think they'll help, but I'm going to see what they say.

Maybe I should tell them this too: **edited by moderator. please do not post personal information on the forum whether it is yours or someone else's**

Begonia

Ideal_Rock

Man, what an awful experience for you! I'm gonna put my $%#t-kicking boots on and then you and I are gonna pay a visit to Mr. Adde.
Ya, ya, ya, I know, that won't solve anything. Or will it...

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is heartbreaking.

While terrible for you, this also hurts all the honest online vendors with zillions of happy transactions and customers.
Unfortunately in the minds of many people one bad apple spoils the whole bunch.
Some are going to say, "See, buying online is not safe."

Not fair, but there it is. :nono:

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock

kenny|1308682962|2951203 said:
This is heartbreaking.
I wholeheartedly agree! Just started reading this thread and was hoping for some happy news. I'm so sorry and I hope calling the police helps in some way!!

Love Street

Shiny_Rock

dmd4ever|1308682689|2951198 said:
I know. Just found this, not sure how I missed it before, but I guess I was searching for Luxe reviews rather than Adylon: http://www.ivouch.com/adylon-glendale-ca-us

At this point I am calling the police. I still don't think they'll help, but I'm going to see what they say.

Maybe I should tell them this too: **edited by moderator. see above**

This really sucks - I'm so sorry you are going through this.

That poor reviewer got it right - it looks like he did declare chapter 7 bankruptcy in 2009 (Case 0934836 - Central District CA bk court - in case there is anything in docs that could help you at all).

Also, this may or may not be relevant to your own investigation, and you may have already found this, but he was in La Superior Ct in 2009-2010 on a contract claim (does *not* appear to be fraud and was dismissed by plaintiff). The court charges to review the actual docs (so I didn't look at them), but they are viewable online if you pay. It's case BC 405071 if you go to https://www.lasuperiorcourt.org/civil/ .

Just to adding to the due diligence you're already conducting. Good luck with this.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

I hope the police will be willing to get involved in some way. Do you have any friends in the area that can go to his actual store and speak to someone face to face? I agree this isn't looking good and really hope you can figure out some way to get your $ back :(sad

dmd4ever

Shiny_Rock

Love Street|1308685073|2951224 said:
This really sucks - I'm so sorry you are going through this.

That poor reviewer got it right - it looks like he did declare chapter 7 bankruptcy in 2009 (Case 0934836 - Central District CA bk court - in case there is anything in docs that could help you at all).

Also, this may or may not be relevant to your own investigation, and you may have already found this, but he was in La Superior Ct in 2009-2010 on a contract claim (does *not* appear to be fraud and was dismissed by plaintiff). The court charges to review the actual docs (so I didn't look at them), but they are viewable online if you pay. It's case BC 405071 if you go to https://www.lasuperiorcourt.org/civil/ .

Just to adding to the due diligence you're already conducting. Good luck with this.

Thank you so much for the research!!! I am indeed trying to dig up as much info as I can. I believe LA Superior Court is where I will have to pursue my claim as my call with the LA Police (three operators, two detectives, and the commercial crimes division) ended with their conclusion that this is a purely civil matter. I also filed an online report with the FBI, but don't have high hopes for any resolution through that.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ugh, dmd, I am so sorry and furious for you. ;( I hope so much that you get every single penny back. What an absolutely awful and gut-wrenching situation.

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock

:angryfire:

This is so infuriating! I am so sorry this is happening to you, and I hope it is resolved soon.

Verdy

Shiny_Rock

I just read through this entire thread and I kept hoping the next post from you would be one bearing good news! I'm so very sorry to hear about all of this! Especially because this is a purchase that should always have a happy ending for the customer. I find it despicable in every sense of the word that someone would purposely take advantage of the fact that you trusted them with your money and then be selfish enough to not even return any of your pleas to have your money returned. And the fact that it's a civil dispute despite the fact that you've had a large sum of money stolen from you? Unbelievable. I really hope that you get this entire situation solved - and soon! They should have shut that guy down the first time this happened instead of letting some other innocent customer walk into his disgusting scheme! :angryfire:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yssie|1308677673|2951133 said:
dmd4ever|1308674411|2951097 said:

Not stupid at all. You did your homework, which is all anyone can expect of you and far more than most bother with - and you got shafted despite that. Lovebaubles obviously has just never heard of tact or time and place for appropriate commentary.

Not to mention that this issue is not about online versus not. If he went to the store in person and then returned the diamond to the vendor, the same situation could arise regarding a refund. Perhaps if working with a B&M he would have the diamond in hand and could keep it until the refund was issued, but that is not typical. The vendor could still have screwed him in that context.

dmd4ever

Shiny_Rock

Verdy|1308697864|2951379 said:
I just read through this entire thread and I kept hoping the next post from you would be one bearing good news! I'm so very sorry to hear about all of this! Especially because this is a purchase that should always have a happy ending for the customer.

So true :( My biggest concern is actually not the money itself, but rather that this experience (combined with constantly increasing prices pressuring me on other stones) will tarnish the entire engagement process for me. I don't want to think back on this time and remember frustration and lawsuits. It's supposed to be excitement, anticipation, and fun. What I've tried to do is mentally treat this incident as something entirely unrelated to the proposal, as if my car's insurance lapsed just before a tree fell on it. Hopefully that bit of trickery combined with buying a new stone and setting will still allow me to enjoy this time...

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I just read through all of this and I am SO sorry to hear you're going through so many troubles. Yes, I do believe you would be required to file in LA Superior Court (111 North Hill, Los Angeles, CA 90012). You should contact the LA Co. Bar Referral Service (213-243-1500); they can put you in touch with a local attorney who can give you a little more guidance.

Verdy

Shiny_Rock

This is exactly what wrenches my heart about all of this. When you begin plans for a proposal, you look for a vendor, choose a stone, and you're on your merry way to having one of the most memorable moments of your life with the person you want to spend the rest of you life with. And then there's creeps like this one who have no regard for the person they're inflicting the damage on and don't realize that there's more on the line than just money, there's also a memory that they're damaging as well. I hope you'll find a way to not remember this because of this entire nightmare, and hopefully you'll get your money back too, as you rightfully should. If I personally lived in LA close to this guy, I would have already gone there on your behalf and demanded to know what's going on with all of this.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Verdy|1308702877|2951456 said:
This is exactly what wrenches my heart about all of this. When you begin plans for a proposal, you look for a vendor, choose a stone, and you're on your merry way to having one of the most memorable moments of your life with the person you want to spend the rest of you life with. And then there's creeps like this one who have no regard for the person they're inflicting the damage on and don't realize that there's more on the line than just money, there's also a memory that they're damaging as well. I hope you'll find a way to not remember this because of this entire nightmare, and hopefully you'll get your money back too, as you rightfully should. If I personally lived in LA close to this guy, I would have already gone there on your behalf and demanded to know what's going on with all of this.

Do you really want to go in person to face someone who just allegedly robbed $20,000 and goodness knows how much more?
You'd be on his turf, in LA's big diamond exchange building.

If he's capable of what is alleged here he is capable of lying and telling security you threatened him, or tried to rob him.
Who do you think his security people will believe, him or you?
The minute he understands why you are there he'd reach under his desk and push the security button faster than you can say, "I'm sorry sir, now please put that gun down."

I think this is best handled by the authorities and our legal system.
This is real life, not a John Wayne movie.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

Verdy|1308697864|2951379 said:
I just read through this entire thread and I kept hoping the next post from you would be one bearing good news! I'm so very sorry to hear about all of this! Especially because this is a purchase that should always have a happy ending for the customer. I find it despicable in every sense of the word that someone would purposely take advantage of the fact that you trusted them with your money and then be selfish enough to not even return any of your pleas to have your money returned. And the fact that it's a civil dispute despite the fact that you've had a large sum of money stolen from you? Unbelievable. I really hope that you get this entire situation solved - and soon! They should have shut that guy down the first time this happened instead of letting some other innocent customer walk into his disgusting scheme! :angryfire:

I totally agree with Verdy! I think its ridiculous that this is a civil suit and not a criminal one! With all the information that you have uncovered in your research, could you possibly prove intent? Would it then become a criminal matter? I don't think it's much of a stretch to believe that he didn't have the stone you intended to purchase in the first place and therefore never intended to fulfill his end of the contact, hence theft.....right??

On a brighter note, I'm happy that you will be able to move forward with another ring for your fiance. If this had happened to me, we would not have had the funds to purchase another stone without the refund. You've had such a fantastic attitude during this entire frustrating and angering experience, for that, surly, good things must be on the horizon for you and your future bride.

Congratulations on your engagement!! I wish you both many many happy years!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results