shape
carat
color
clarity

Which of these 2 Yellow Engagement Rings Should I Buy?

helene78

Rough_Rock
I really like the Classic...

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The classic, the petal work is to die for!

CushionCutie

Rough_Rock
The bella! I love the other one too but the bella is more timeless and elegant, it's definitely fashion forward. It's an effortlessly chique ring.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Honestly? They're both lovely, but I'd want something halfway in between - the Bella, with a more open look (cut-out petals, perhaps?), or the Classic sans sidestones. But given what you describe of your girlfriend's tastes, I'd say the Bella ... that is a classically beautiful ring with no ostentation, just effortless quality.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have excellent taste! M&T has beautiful pieces. Given what you've said about your girl, I'm voting the classic. I think it gives a solitaire a bit of pizzaz without being over the top and she sounds like the kind of girl that could sport that look well.

She is a lucky girl indeed - please come back with pictures with whichever one your choose. We don't get to see their work real often and I think their pieces are simply stunning!

Lovingwarmdiamonds

Rough_Rock
I love them both but would probably choose the Bella. You have excellent taste. If you do get a setting by them please please come back and post hand shots for all of us to drool over!!! Also, I'm not trying to make any assumptions but just in case you haven't received a quote yet from them...I think those settings start around 6K and up...just for the setting (and that will likely do up depending on the size of the center stone).

Can't wait to see what you choose!!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I loooove classic!

kimber418

Shiny_Rock
The CLASSIC all the way!

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
They're both beautiful but I definitely LOVE the Classic!! It's got an extra something, and the detail and workmanship with those little side diamonds is amazing. It's just different enough to be really eye-catching - yet it's still subtle, classy and classic, and unique.
Please come back and post pictures when you get one! Mc+Mc is a rare breed!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I love love love the Classic! What a gorgeous setting :love:

justlucky13

Rough_Rock
Just to throw my opinion in the ring ....I am going to be as honest as I can be, okay? .. I am the same kind of girl! I love yellow gold. My e-ring is gold and so is all of my jewelry, I only have pieces I love and would only buy quality pieces I would wear a lot because I love it not because it is "in style" (even if they were way more expensive than the cheap ones like my friends who own a bizillion pieces of cheap jewelry). I also do not like the look of certain e-rings because I think they look too overdone or flashy and that just is not me. I also wanted my e-ring to be completely different and unique from all the ones my friends had but yet classic and elegant enough to look beautiful in 50 years. Sound like your lady love? Well in that case, I honestly think you cannot go wrong with your picks. I looked at the website of the company you are buying from and all the pieces are different and special and I think she will really love either ring! That being said, I am a bit more partial to the Classic. Normally, I would totally go with the Bella because it is more simple BUT it looks like a flower to me (and this is totally a personal thing but I don't like the look of flowers on anything [cakes, clothes, jewelry, etc.] The Classic, looks so romantic and special. The surprise diamonds and the diamonds down the side with the claw prongs.... ohhh I love it. I love how the diamonds aren't perfectly placed all in a row, they are more scattered. I think it looks so refined yet effortless. And I feel as though it would give her sooo many options for what she could pair with it as a wedding band while the Bella may be more limiting, if it were my style (again just my opinion). As one of the self-proclaimed pickiest girls on the planet, I would be head over heals for the Classic!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Either. They are both lovely in their simplicity and craftsmanship. Classic will have a bit more bling. Pick what you think she'd like best.

I would be completely head-over-heels to receive either ring.

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer the Bella for its simplicity but then again I don't like the side view of diamonds too much (they look too much like upside down pyramids) so I wouldn't mind not being able to see the sides.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
That Classic is gorgeous!!! Love the details on it!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
Classic! :love:

btw, thank you for posting this, now I have a new website to drool over- McTeigue & McClelland have some gorgeous pieces!!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like the classic, the bella petals just seem odd to me.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ditto - classic!!!!!!!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
The Classic gets my vote!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both are pretty but I vote for the Bella.

Bibbi

Rough_Rock
Both are very very unique...i like Classic :)

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I vote CLASSIC! The bella hides too much of the diamond and I'd want the light hitting it from every angle. And it sounds to me like your girl would really appreciate the detail and craftmanship of the classic setting. Both are very unique and you can't go wrong with either, but the classic wins my vote! Congrats! Cant wait to see which you chose and to see hand pics! :appl:

Eskiez

Shiny_Rock
Another vote for the Classic! I don't normally favor yellow gold myself, but I think this one is just gorgeous!

jpace2044

Rough_Rock
I don't think you could go wrong either way. I'm the same kind of girl and I love both. I think the Classic is more interesting and exudes class but I'd worry about it being more easy to damage. I think the Bella is just simply beautiful! Good luck and come back with pictures of the finished product so we can drool!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
My vote is for the classic...it is gorgeous!!!

by the way you should have posted this in rocky talk.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are both very pretty, but I like the Classic a little better.

I like the Bella. IMHO the classic is too bulky for me.

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
I lean toward the Classic because the center stone is hugged by less metal, although I am usually a bezel person.

That being said, I would try to make an appointment with them, and ask to see both rings before making a final decision. One might be more complimentary to her finger than the other. You never know..

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Asscherhalo_lover|1308108311|2946265 said:
I like the classic! I really love the petal look of it and those extra diamonds are awesome!

Ditto.

Plus it looks like it would be REALLY hard to clean your diamond with the Bella setting, since it's so closed.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results