shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom Steven Kirsch Halo is here! 1.33ct RB

Mbhc13

Rough_Rock
First of all, thank you all for the assistance in choosing a diamond and finding the right person to make this ring. My girlfriend was not involved in the process and I can't wait to surprise her in 10 days. I will make sure to get pictures of her wearing it.

Details:
1.33 G VS1 hearts and arrows from Whiteflash, I love this stone!
Steven sketched up a halo with the stems coming to a point instead of the donut, this will allow a matching wedding band to sit very close. There is also a small stone inside the band where the stems meet. I gave him a few modifications and sent him the stone and he was off. Ring showed up on time and the first time I saw it was when I opened the package. It is stunning!
He was a pleasure to work with and I will definitely work with him again in the future! I cant recommend Steven or Whiteflash enough. Thank you Pricescope for introducing me!

It has been tough to keep this whole process a secret so I was only able to snap some quick pics before it went in the safe. I plan to try and get some closeups this weekend. Please tell me what you think, will she love it?!
Now for the pictures:

IMG_0622.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

Mbhc13

Rough_Rock

IMG_0627.jpg

IMG_0628.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! It is stunning :bigsmile:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful! I'm sure your girlfriend will love it. :love:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, good job!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!!! :love: :love: :love:

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Very nice - good to see that Steven has boxes now. I got my ring in a plastic bag.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
no doubt she is going to absolutely adore it! You did a great job!!! Please come back with handshots after the proposal...

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful halo. She should love it!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh, how I love that!! You did a fabulous job!!! Best of luck with your proposal, and please come back with hand pics!!! :appl:

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
wonderful job, stunning ring~ your gf will love it. be sure to post some handshots later~ :bigsmile:

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock
She will love it! What's not to love? :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful halo! She's a lucky girl! Good luck with the proposal :)

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The workmanship on that setting looks amazing!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really gorgeous!! :love:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
it's gorgeous! spectacular ring :)

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful, great choice! Steven sure does some amazing work, she'll love it!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow,wow,wow!!! What a stunning ring!!! She will be thrilled when she sees it :love: Good luck with the proposal and please come back with handshots!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous!!!! :love: :appl:

Susiecushie

Rough_Rock
Beautiful ring!!!

Do you mind answering some questions? I have a 1.3 round also and was looking at finding a permanent setting and am thinking custom may be the way to go. Can you tell me more about working with the designer? How long did the process take? What metal/diamonds ct are in the setting? Also how much did it cost (if you don't mind sharing.)? Thanks!!!

Susan

Mbhc13

Rough_Rock
Susiecushie|1307768593|2943110 said:
Beautiful ring!!!

Do you mind answering some questions? I have a 1.3 round also and was looking at finding a permanent setting and am thinking custom may be the way to go. Can you tell me more about working with the designer? How long did the process take? What metal/diamonds ct are in the setting? Also how much did it cost (if you don't mind sharing.)? Thanks!!!

Susan

No problem. This was my first custom ring so I do not have another designer to compare to but I can describe what went into designing this ring. I did get quotes on rings from a few designers but Steven's previous work was stunning and he was confident he could make the halo that would allow a wedding band to sit right next to the engagement ring. I emailed Steven about doing a halo ring for me and he started with basic pricing (~4k in platinum) and time (6-8 weeks is standard but if you have a deadline he can work with you). We discussed the design on the phone then I sent a few pictures and mentioned the modifications I would want. He sketched up the design and sent it for my review; I wanted a few more small changes but overall it was very close to what I had in mind.
At this point I needed to find a center stone. I was simultaneously searching Whiteflash and James Allen, and Steven Kirsch even sent me specs on a few stones he had access to. I ended up going with Whiteflash and could not have been happier with the service, I can't recommend them enough for buying loose stones.
When the stone was received Steven sent me a work order to sign, I paid a deposit and shipped it to NY. We spoke a few times in the first week, (mostly me calling and making small changes to the design). As we got closer to the end of the process we discussed the finishing touches and Steven made some suggestions that I think made the ring turn out even better than my original design. I had proposed some diamonds on the sides of the band where the stems came together, when he got to that point he recommended we skip those but keep the diamond on the inside of the band in that area. I think the look is much cleaner and I appreciate him giving his expert opinion. A few days before I needed the ring I paid the balance of the payment due and Steven shipped it on time. He did not have time to take pictures so the first time I saw it was upon receipt of the package, it was a very exciting unboxing!
If you are going custom I would definitely recommend Steven, he was excellent to work with and has a great attention to detail.

The final specs on the ring: Center stone 1.33ct RB, 1.18ct diamonds in the setting, metal is platinum not sure total ring weight yet but I will let you know after I get it appraised this week).

Susiecushie

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to get a quote from him. Your ring is beautiful!!!

Susan

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I take it that the proposal was a success - congrats :bigsmile:

It looks lovely on her finger!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring - it looks fabulous on her!

kimber418

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS! Your ring is a beauty! Thanks for sharing your story....

DuckLovingVegan

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! The ring looks stunning on her hand.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it looks perfect on her!!! congrats!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results